wow looks promising 😄

#2 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

I'll pirate this. In solidarity with the protestors, I cannot in good conscience give money to this film. It will benefit China and the actress openly supports the police. China also has concentracion camps. I don't boycott everything I don't like but I know where to draw the line.

Besides I was hoping for it to be more similar to the chinese Mulan movie, which is very true to the poem. 

ナルサク

#3 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

I'll pirate this. In solidarity with the protestors, I cannot in good conscience give money to this film. It will benefit China and the actress openly supports the police. China also has concentracion camps. I don't boycott everything I don't like but I know where to draw the line.

Besides I was hoping for it to be more similar to the chinese Mulan movie, which is very true to the poem. 

It looks worth seeing in the theater but after looking into her comments it doesn't seem possible to stand against china's actions if I see the movie :( to be fair there was another actress that disappeared when she spoke against china's political leadership and she reappeared once she paid taxes she hadn't paid but I wish liu had just not commented in the first place. Physical strength is just as important as mental strength.

edit: So I see the social media campaign china has been having to convince people the protesting is wrong is getting a boost from liu so that makes it even less understandable that she should support china (and of course I won't pay to see the movie even though I was looking forward to it). I've seen the other live action mulan too a while ago. Jackie Chan also seems to have said something pro china :sweat:

Edited by totherpage95, 07 December 2019 - 02:16 AM.

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:11 AM

Saw the trailer looks good. I hope Disney doesn't screw like they've done with Star Wars.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

Saw the trailer looks good. I hope Disney doesn't screw like they've done with Star Wars.

Don't compare it to Star Wars, compare it to every other live action Disney has made. I don't know there's been a good one. Aladdin and Cinderella were OK. B&B and LK lacked heart. I forgot even Dumbo got released. 

A live action and an animated film have to distinct charms, the Maleficent writer understood this and for that reason it's the only live adaption I enjoyed.

totherpage95 Too many powerful hollywood actors support their home countries' corrupt regimes. Jackie Chan is pro China but less direct about it. He wants "peace", he won't confront the attackers he just don't want enemies from either said.

Can't dodge them all so I don't judge people that don't make the choices I do – I mean I'll go watch Wonder Woman next year whose actor support someone I strongly dislike(IDF).  :lol:

Edited by sushi., 11 December 2019 - 06:24 PM.

ナルサク

#6 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

the movie is actually one of the best live action movies ive seen in a while especially since star wars was so bad
edit: I didnt pay to watch the movie I pirated it but if not for the actor I wouldnt mind paying to see it

Edited by totherpage95, 04 September 2020 - 10:29 PM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

Ah is that so? I may watch it too then at some point. My mom definitely wants to

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:22 AM

it was bad, not horrible. lol

ナルサク

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

Care to share some specific thoughts about it though?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:02 PM

I liked that Mulan revealed herself, that she wasn't exposed. The costumes too. The actress wasn't bad. 

I didn't like the new love interest, he was the definition of bland. :(( I liked that he stood up for Mulan, but was he given her line, "You'd believe Hua Joon"? My big problem was the magic/witchcraft. I thought they cut out Mushu to make it more realistic, so why include a shapeshifting woman? There are no superpowers in war. I understand why the musical aspect was dropped, but I wish there was more of the OST(like this https://www.youtube....h?v=MilR3Z1sASY).

To me the best disney live-action is Cinderella, followed by Aladdin. The worst are lion king and beauty and the beast, which was a disaster, and copypaste of the original. This one is inbetween.

Edut: I changed my mind. After reading sime chinese reviews I didnt know they butchered chinese culture this bad. Everything doesnt have to be accurate but it was real bad:/

Edited by sushi., 19 September 2020 - 02:16 PM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users