Close
Photo

NS Marriage: Surname Uzumaki or Haruno?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura's last name will be ... (70 member(s) have cast votes)

One choice

1. Changed to Uzumaki (52 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. Still be Haruno (18 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Definetly uzumaki, I mean they even sold uzumaki sakura stickers in the road to ninja theatres.

It doesn't have to do with a man or a woman, it depends on the clan, since its uzumaki and sakura isn't from a clan, she'll be uzumaki.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Mar 13 2013, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definetly uzumaki, I mean they even sold uzumaki sakura stickers in the road to ninja theatres.

It doesn't have to do with a man or a woman, it depends on the clan, since its uzumaki and sakura isn't from a clan, she'll be uzumaki.

That was fanmade...

I think she is since she wears a symbol but a low born clan.

It will be Haruno Naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 13 March 2013 - 12:19 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 13 2013, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was fanmade...

Lmao! Even in their marriage name, Sakura's the dominant person in the relationship lol. 111189.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#24 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Mar 14 2013, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lmao! Even in their marriage name, Sakura's the dominant person in the relationship lol. 111189.gif

Yea. How is it that every Naruto-Sakura name combo sounds ok but the Hinata combos sound weird. maybe im just biased but its a hint biggrin.gif

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#25 xerorains

xerorains

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I think Sakura would keep the Haruno name. If anything, I think Road to Ninja validates how important Sakura's family is to her. I think the son might be Namikaze, though.

#26 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 13 2013, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was fanmade...

I know its fan-made, but that juat comes to show that the japanese also know that its gonna be uzumaki sakura

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#27 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Mar 16 2013, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know its fan-made, but that juat comes to show that the japanese also know that its gonna be uzumaki sakura

Inst because someome asked to put uzumaki sakura?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#28 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 16 2013, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Inst because someome asked to put uzumaki sakura?

I dunno, all i know is that they made uzumaki sakura stickers.(Btw i know this is extremmmllyy off-topic, but how do i put a signature? i tried and tried and tried....)

#29 Sakura_Blossom

Sakura_Blossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

I hope to continue Haruno, as much as I'd love to see it called "Uzumaki Sakura-sama" haha, still remaining Haruno would be great as she became from his own legs and maybe even your children could be called Haruno not Uzumaki, birth of a tradition? th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

#30 Superman333

Superman333

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:getting the girl of my dreams to be mine(she is the Sakura-Chan of my life) ,Sonic the Hedgehog, making it to the NBA and being a better Point Guard than Rajon Rondo and then when I retire be a mangaka .

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

Uzumaki .
Posted Image

#31 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I hope to continue Haruno, as much as I'd love to see it called "Uzumaki Sakura-sama" haha, still remaining Haruno would be great as she became from his own legs and maybe even your children could be called Haruno not Uzumaki, birth of a tradition?

Well even if they were married, Kushina was still a Uzumaki, i like what ciardha as posted out.

Naruto has no family or parents, it depends on how the marriages goes, if Naruto gets adopted by Sakura's low born clan "Haruno" he might be like Kizashi, who's like someome who's adoted and receive the surname being Haruno Naruto and Haruno Sakura.

If they only does a regular marriage, Sakura will keep her surname and Naruto his or wtf.

In fact would be cool "Haruno Naruto" LOL

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 22 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#32 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

As much as I like Uzumaki Sakura, I think it's possible she will keep her name Haruno, but I do think her child(ren) will be Uzumaki.

#33 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

You know, I wish Naruto has a brother or sister. Why? Because i just want Sakura to try to say "Nii-San". It would come out awkward but hey, she's family now.

#34 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Going by Japanese culture, one of them would have to change their surname and I assume it would be Sakura (they'll both be well known, but Naruto moreso than Sakura), though going by Mito and Kushina (assuming Kushina and Minato were married) I could see Sakura using her own surname professionally...and maybe even personally.  Like she'd change her name, but still be known as Haruno Sakura.

#35 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

Going by Japanese culture, one of them would have to change their surname and I assume it would be Sakura (they'll both be well known, but Naruto moreso than Sakura), though going by Mito and Kushina (assuming Kushina and Minato were married) I could see Sakura using her own surname professionally...and maybe even personally.  Like she'd change her name, but still be known as Haruno Sakura.

Yeah but there's exceptions.

looking at this http://www.economist...eping-it-family

Naruto is an orphan and not wanting/having the desire to "ressurrect his clan" there's also the  possibility of Naruto being adopted by Sakura's family(clan) and receiving the Haruno name is common in Japan too.

So we cant really predict until we got an official word, obviously Sakura would change to uzumaki but being honest there's a good possibility of we getting Haruno Naruto and Haruno Sakura.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 23 November 2013 - 09:20 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#36 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

Going with what morgaine said, women usually have to change their name to their husband's when they marry in Japan (there are instances of the other way around, but it won't be the case for Naruto and Sakura, it would be a case for Inuzuka Tume). Women who still work after getting married would keep their last name for professional reasons. I thought that was the reason why Kushina kept hers (after watching RTN), where it's depicted that she was still a working ninja (so I think Sakura will have the last name of Uzumaki and still be known as Haruno Sakura).

But besides that, we aren't very sure (and Kishi has not gone into any details of it) how shinobi marriages really work. Asuma and Kurenai were a couple right? Did she become Sarutobi Kurenai? Their baby will be a Sarutobi, but I'm wondering if Kurenai ever changed her name. I don't think it is really the most necessary detail but I'm really curious myself. Couples like Sakura's parents shared surnames, but they are not shinobi. Familial clans seem all share the last name and abilities, but if someone was to marry into the clan, would he or she have to change their surnames into the clan name? It seems that really prominent clans seem to marry within the family...I wish we knew more about it.

Yeah but there's special conditions that are an exception.

Naruto meets the criteria by being an orphan and not wanting to "ressurrect his clan" there's also the  possibility of Naruto being adopted by Sakura's family and receiving the Haruno name is common in Japan too.

Criteria of an orphan? Adult adoption is only ONE KIND of adoption. That is not to say that the adult being adopted is an ORPHAN. Orphans in Japan will still keep their biological surname because they are usually still connected to that family. Adult adoption has nothing to do with orphan. Adoption and these types of things in Japan are a bit more complicated to speak about. This type of adoption is common if the daughter's family wants to keep their family surname going.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#37 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Criteria of an orphan? Adult adoption is only ONE KIND of adoption. That is not to say that the adult being adopted is an ORPHAN. Orphans in Japan will still keep their biological surname because they are usually still connected to that family. Adult adoption has nothing to do with orphan. Adoption and these types of things in Japan are a bit more complicated to speak about. This type of adoption is common if the daughter's family wants to keep their family surname going.

I edited because i said bs there, i wanted to point out that Naruto doesnt have much ties with the Uzumaki clan, i mean he literally doesnt know nothing much about their legacy only the fact they are destroyed but about the techniques or their legacy is 0.
The regular marriage would be Sakura getting Naruto's surname, which is most likely going to happen but also there's the possibility of Naruto being adopted.

Going wit

But besides that, we aren't very sure (and Kishi has not gone into any details of it) how shinobi marriages really work. Asuma and Kurenai were a couple right? Did she become Sarutobi Kurenai? Their baby will be a Sarutobi, but I'm wondering if Kurenai ever changed her name. I don't think it is really the most necessary detail but I'm really curious myself. Couples like Sakura's parents shared surnames, but they are not shinobi. Familial clans seem all share the last name and abilities, but if someone was to marry into the clan, would he or she have to change their surnames into the clan name? It seems that really prominent clans seem to marry within the family...I wish we knew more about it.

We only got two marriages which were Hashirama's and Sasuke's father, Sasuke's mother had all the biological traits off someome who come the uchiha clan, i dont have much insight into this but anyway i wont make any conclusion of it.
And Hashi/Mito, her surname wasnt given but we knew she was an uzumaki, but we didnt knew if she was Senju Mito, plus the fact that the Senju mysteriously vanished.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 23 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#38 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah but there's exceptions.

Naruto is an orphan and not wanting/having the desire to "ressurrect his clan" there's also the  possibility of Naruto being adopted by Sakura's family(clan) and receiving the Haruno name is common in Japan too.

So we cant really predict until we got an official word, obviously Sakura would change to uzumaki but being honest there's a good possibility of we getting Haruno Naruto and Haruno Sakura.

I wasn't saying that if we're basing it off of Japanese culture Sakura would have to change her name, just that either Sakura or Naruto would have to change their name (if we're assuming that Shinobi marriage naming practices are similar to Japanese culture in general).  Naruto could change his name, but I was saying that I assume Naruto would retain his name because he (Naruto specifically, not his clan) would be a bit more renowned than Sakura.  It's possible that Naruto would change his name, I just doubt that it would happen.  It's what he has of his mom...though I guess he could default to Namikaze at some point?  But, I wouldn't like that either, haha.

(there are instances of the other way around, but it won't be the case for Naruto and Sakura, it would be a case for Inuzuka Tume)

Teehee, Ino is sooooo going to get to keep her name...make it so Kishi, make it so.  =D

I wish we knew more about it.

Yessssssss!

plus the fact that the Senju mysteriously vanished.

There are probably a lot of unnamed/unrecognized Tobirama descendants out there...because *sigh* how could he not be popular?  =P

#39 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Wait, i forgot where i read or heard this one...

but i always thought that Naruto uses Uzumaki and not Namikaze for protection and confidentiality

(which i know is somewhat absurd) of being the Jinchuuriki of the kyuubi and other whatnots such as enemies of yondaime might want revenge or something??

Anyway back to the question.

It is more plausible and customary (for me) for Sakura to use Uzumaki if she is to marry Naruto.

as far as i know, in Japan, married couples by law, should use only one surname. (Although it is still a running issue on japanese court)

men who changes into their wife's surname is mainly due to: 1. there is no male heir on the girl's side of the family

2. the girl is from a prominent family   3. the husband is an orphan

I would still prefer her to change into Uzumaki though... changing your last name doesn't really mean you are being stepped over nor will it affect one's individuality.

#40 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Wait, i forgot where i read or heard this one...

but i always thought that Naruto uses Uzumaki and not Namikaze for protection and confidentiality

(which i know is somewhat absurd) of being the Jinchuuriki of the kyuubi and other whatnots such as enemies of yondaime might want revenge or something??

Anyway back to the question.

It is more plausible and customary (for me) for Sakura to use Uzumaki if she is to marry Naruto.

as far as i know, in Japan, married couples by law, should use only one surname. (Although it is still a running issue on japanese court)

men who changes into their wife's surname is mainly due to: 1. there is no male heir on the girl's side of the family

2. the girl is from a prominent family   3. the husband is an orphan

I would still prefer her to change into Uzumaki though... changing your last name doesn't really mean you are being stepped over nor will it affect one's individuality.

Funny although all his enemies knew he was the son of the Yondaime.

SK-303_image007.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users