2 replies to this topic

#1 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Anyone know of good sites for downloadable (for offline reading) scanlations? Online scanlations are fine and dandy for a series like Naruto (where even if all the scanlators are rounded up and arrested, I'll still be able to follow the manga when it's published in the US), but for some series which aren't being translated in the U.S. it is awfully nice to have offline copies (especially since several online scanlation sites delete their archives periodically), and sometimes you can't get reliable internet access to read through a full chapter.

I'm looking in particular for ones that carry History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi (only the anime is available in the U.S.; I know it has a trifle 'ecchi' reputation, but really it's no worse than things like Ranma -- maybe not even that bad, since most of the time, nipples are faded out whenever a flash of "courtesy breasts" (as Animanga magazine used to describe them) are seen). The latest "new to me" anime\manga, I'm trying to get caught up (currently in the chapter 200s). I found through chapter 424 on StopTazmo and a few other places, but I know it's currently at chapter 431 thanks to online-only scanlations, and I can't find a spot that offers downloads-for-offline-reading that far through it anywhere. I'm probably going on a trip, soon, where internet access will be... problematic, but I'd like to have it downloaded through the latest chapter possible before I go. I might want to find a few other new manga to download and try on that trip, too.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

You could just try the websites of the Scanlating group

And you're very welcome!

#3 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 1 2011, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could just try the websites of the Scanlating group

And you're very welcome!

Actually, I'd been checking the websites of most of the scanlators I knew of who were doing Kenichi (going through the various scanlators who were responsible for the chapters I found on StopTazmo). I guess I kind of gave up before I got to Mangatopia, since most of them had either dropped it or seemed to have dead websites.

But thanks!

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users