• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

I've seen rants on her character sporadically spread throughout the forums. So, I think it's better if we let our stress out on this thread. 

Please note: No bashing her here. Tell us why you dislike her, and everything's that's been bothering you so far. 

(I apologize if this thread is breaking some sort of rule or has been created before. Feel free to lock/delete it if so.)

#2 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

I never disliked her, im just beginning to loath her now because of the fact that SP seems to want to put Hinata down our throats as the true heroine, kind of like
"look, look. Adore her! She is so cute, adore her! NOW!!"
And i hate people telling me what to do.

About her character, well, i can only say its was a waste, Hinata is a character that had so much potential than being just a pairing fodder. I would've loved to see her maturing into a strong clan leader that would've changed the traditions of the Hyuuga Clan.
Unfortunately kishimoto (just like with all the other female characters) wasted her potential completely.

I wouldn't mind NH if at least wasn't so bland and boring, Hinata looks like a girl with a rockstar crush with the only dream to get together with her idol.Pretty pathetic.The bond between the two could've been better handled.

Edited by Nar123, 21 November 2014 - 11:56 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#3 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

I don't hate her. I just think she's bori....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

I don't hate her.
She's cute character. And her character always available in manga one way or another.

I always said this. Hinata is unintentionally overhyped by kishi and overrate by her fan.

#5 Aeria7Gloris

Aeria7Gloris

The Sun of Dorne

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, NarSak obviously, Rumiko Takahashi, Tsukasa Hojo, Yu yu Hakusho...

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

She had potential in Part 1, I actually liked her (even if was shipping NS already) . The Neji vs Hinata fight was awesome and her character made sense, assuming Naruto's nindô, never giving up. Her backstory is also very good, being the underdog in a prestigious and powerful family, being put so much pressure on but still being able to be nice and caring. She's like Naruto in a sense.

All I wanted was for her to move on, get stronger, kick asses and fall for Neji, but in Part 2 she severely degraded, the little we see of her is just plain annoying, the whole Naruto-kunning, stuttering stuff got old and looked really pathetic, when it's a shy unconfident kid it might look cute, but a 16 years old ninja who trained hard for years, just no, stop.

Then Neji died for her. I hoped she would have die instead honestly, Neji got some huge ass development and deserved to be the Clan leader imo, he would have get kittens done at least.

The icing on the cake was the hype. How the hell a side character seen like 10 ten times in 15 years can have this level of popularity? She's not even interesting anymore, she's plain ass boring. What the hell. And now we have The Last: Hinata the movie, and whenever I see her I'm life GET OUTTA MY FACE.

Hinata is a perfect representation of the manga: Huge wasted potential. No wonder she's the new heroine :zaru:

1417036351-tumblr-inline-nfkkwyo1ry1rsz5

#6 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Well, honestly
I find that character lame & pathetic & highly unexisting character ...who shows emotions only when it comes to naruto

sorry if this was rude

#7 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

I was apathetic towards Hinata until this ending which proved she had learnt NOTHING. ( that and all her fans have driven me to truly despise her.)

The fact that Hinata gets clapped for even when she trips and face kisses a ROCK while Sakura is roasted when trying to actually SAVE LIVES is just another reason to hate her imo.

The fact that Hinata was just shown completing a move Neji had in Part I in the late middle half of part II and people claim she's a "Good" fighter is just another reason for me to dislike her. For a character who does basically nothing of use to be glorified above others who DO things, and could have been allowed to do more things in place of more "Hinata-time" bothers me.

It bothers me that Neji pretty much had to become the sacrificial lamb all for the sake of Hinata. 

I can't and do not blame Hinata for SS happening. Because If Sakura had not been with Sasuke, Naruto would not be with Hinata. She's literally the silver medal at this point. 

There are a billion more interesting and useful characters in Naruto compared to Hinata. if anyone has EVER been useless and Annoying it would be her :zaru: 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#8 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

Goddess Princess Shy-Queen Heroine Hinata-hime-sama is the best-est fictional character ever  :smug:

There. Someone has to say good things about her. Thread reset to neutral  :zaru:

(Ugh how does SP consistently do this though?)

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

I don't hate Hinata either, its just her character has no meat... she's basically bones that's asking for some development, but no, we didn't get that. All we got was a character that said Naruto-kun every chance she got and because of her good looks, everyone got attached to her in an unhealthy way. Hinata would be a good character if she got some development beyond idolizing Naruto and growing as a character. We didn't get that, and all we got in return was a flat two dimensional character that had potential, but it was wasted so she could become canon fodder for the hero.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

If you don't want me to "bash" her, I can't give you an honest opinion of the character.

#11 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

I've seen rants on her character sporadically spread throughout the forums. So, I think it's better if we let our stress out on this thread. 

Please note: No bashing her here. Tell us why you dislike her, and everything's that's been bothering you so far. 

(I apologize if this thread is breaking some sort of rule or has been created before. Feel free to lock/delete it if so.)

Thanks for the opening note. Sets the tone for the thread! I think it will be fine, and we'll tackle any posts that get out of hand. 

And love your avatar, btw. What a great little movie! Makes me happy every time I see your avatar on here!

Oh and as for the thread, for me, like most others, 'hate' is too strong a word. How can I feel hatred for someone so insignificant to the plot? She was just assigned to Naruto after Sakura was awarded to Sasuke.

I hate the way her fans idolize her. And I hate that she is made to be a token big-boobed, sweet natured character just with absolutely zero edginess about her so no one will question why the main character gets dumped off on her instead of with his one true love. That I hate. But not Hinata.

#12 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

I don't hate Hinata. I hate how Kishi squandered Her potential. I hate how he refused to afford NH the same genuine build up he gave to NS. And I hate how she seems to be an afterthought for Naruto, a silver medal since Sakura was awarded to Kishi's real main character.

#13 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

Hinata- character that solely exists for pairings

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#14 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

I've disliked Hinata for a long time. Honestly, if it wasn't for her fans I would have written her off as just uninteresting and pairing fodder, but her popularity made me really question the content surrounding her and it's coloured my feelings toward her ever since. I realized early on that characteristics that are often attributed to her (kindness, compassion, sweetness, etc) have no evidence in the manga. Where even someone like Tenten has a panel expressing her concern over Ino, Hinata never shows anything to anyone outside of Naruto. Naruto-kun is her unyielding mantra and for the author, that was apparently enough for her to be the intended love interest. It's quite sickening really. Women must be 100% devoted to their lovers. Sakura may have had her ups and downs, but she had a network of relationships outside of Sasuke. Her motivations were centred around two guys, yes, but even the way that was framed showed sincere compassion for the well-being of people she cared about--whereas Hinata famously seems to be primarily concerned with how Naruto makes HER feel, rather than what he would need. In the span of 700 chapters she's done...two things for him? 

She has a really unhealthy mindset. She's a one-note character and even if I may dislike Karin, at least she had her moments--mostly centred around the time Sasuke stabbed her but still! Hinata has no depth of character and it's made me question the reading comprehension of the masses when people praise her. It's one thing to like somebody on superficial means; it's another to laud them as heroine-worthy when they're hardly worthy of being considered a 'character'. 

#15 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

I've disliked Hinata for a long time. Honestly, if it wasn't for her fans I would have written her off as just uninteresting and pairing fodder, but her popularity made me really question the content surrounding her and it's coloured my feelings toward her ever since. I realized early on that characteristics that are often attributed to her (kindness, compassion, sweetness, etc) have no evidence in the manga. Where even someone like Tenten has a panel expressing her concern over Ino, Hinata never shows anything to anyone outside of Naruto. Naruto-kun is her unyielding mantra and for the author, that was apparently enough for her to be the intended love interest. It's quite sickening really. Women must be 100% devoted to their lovers. Sakura may have had her ups and downs, but she had a network of relationships outside of Sasuke. Her motivations were centred around two guys, yes, but even the way that was framed showed sincere compassion for the well-being of people she cared about--whereas Hinata famously seems to be primarily concerned with how Naruto makes HER feel, rather than what he would need. In the span of 700 chapters she's done...two things for him? 

She has a really unhealthy mindset. She's a one-note character and even if I may dislike Karin, at least she had her moments--mostly centred around the time Sasuke stabbed her but still! Hinata has no depth of character and it's made me question the reading comprehension of the masses when people praise her. It's one thing to like somebody on superficial means; it's another to laud them as heroine-worthy when they're hardly worthy of being considered a 'character'.

I've never been a fan of the wilting violet character so I can't say I understand their popularity. I do the characteristics that are given to Hinata are part because of how she is too Naruto and part because that character trop has long been associated with nice and caring despite the fact that shyness itself doesn't mean she is nice to anyone else or nice in general.

I'll never work up the ability to care about her because there is so little to care about. I think it's an unacceptable failure on his part to claim to know this was the pairing and never develop her past her satellite status. She'd have probably still bored me, but at least then I can look at her and say character. Right now, she's barely above Kaguya in terms of development which is sad given she been around so long.

#16 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

There's really not much to Hinata's character. Every aspect of her is somehow related to Naruto and that's just dull. She needs to stand up for herself and make decisions for her own sake, not for Naruto's. At the very least she could draw motivation from things like protecting the village or helping her clan or something but we never see that. It's always just Naruto this and Naruto that. As with other characters Hinata is simply a disappointment to me.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#17 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

If you don't want me to "bash" her, I can't give you an honest opinion of the character.

I understand. Sorry. You could sugar-coat it though. :)

As for all your reasons I completely agree. Mostly I feel as if the character is unmecessary. She is just present, I believe. It feels like she could have had great potential. But somehow Kishi tried to make her relevant numerous times, but failed so very badly.

I'm angry that in order to make her relevant as Naruto's baby maker they killed off Neji.

I'm angry that it was her only purpose - to be Naruto-kun's baby maker.

#18 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

I hate the way her fans idolize her. And I hate that she is made to be a token big-boobed, sweet natured character just with absolutely zero edginess about her so no one will question why the main character gets dumped off on her instead of with his one true love. That I hate. But not Hinata.

First of all, thank you so much for the comments. Yes, the technology used to make the movie was amazing. They still manage to retain the elements of classic Disney animation, which I feel was missing in recent years.

Haha yeah, I forgot to mention her fans. They make her up to be so much more than she is actually potrayed. On Tumblr, the amount of praise she gets for what she actually does is astounding.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but remember the anime scene with Pain? Way too overhyped.

I would love to reply to all of you but I must wait till someone posts. :)

#19 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

Its kinda of the opposite problem with Tashigi in One Piece. She is kinda shy and conservative like Hinata. However, Tashigi has an ambition and even wants to defeat Zoro which sounds almost impossible but I think she can do it (especially if she is Kuina). The fanbase hates her because she acts unhappy when she loses (its kinda of natural) and hates being looked down by other because of her gender. She is effing better than Hinata for not being this perfect submissive doll. I hate perfect character. The problem is that Oda is making her lose non stop in part 2 and is never rewarded for her determination and kindness.

#20 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

I don't like her shy personality. I like nice girls like Kairi but unlike Hinata, Kairi saved her man more than Hinata saved "hers." And she doesn't act shy. I heard Hinata fans says Kairi acts like Hinata but quite honestly I think she acts more like Sakura. Don't believe me? Remember in the first game she hit Sora's head. Granted she doesn't hit Sora like Sakura hits Naruto bit she still acts like her more than Hinata did.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 21 November 2014 - 07:37 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users