Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:40 AM

Hey guys.

Can I give you guys my HONEST HONEST , MOST WELL-CONSTRUCT , piece of opinion I can give you all?

Twilight makes me :

It's awful. Not only by it's context , but for it's malady nature.

It gives young women bad examples and saps their minds completely. I'm all against this viral idiosyncrasy ( That's a word ) that is revolving our little world and it's driving me mad. I treat ILL PEOPLE who have DEPENDENCIES to these series. Please.

Do NOT , offer this to your children. Do NOT read this. I read it. So I know what I'm facing. And I couldn't gotten over the 1st chapter.

Was that bashful? I hope so. Because then I'll be the last nail in this coffin that holds sparkles , failure and brain-numbness. GOOD NIGHT!

Edited by Yakatsu, 07 September 2009 - 04:41 AM.

#62 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 5 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's pretty much a "why I hate Twilight" thread.

Which is bashing.

Which means closing topic...I really wanna close this topic >.>

But...we'll watch and see if there is ANYONE who has good things to say about this series...anyone >.>

*raises hand*

I'm a Twilight fan.

8)

There. Now it won't be shut down.

#63 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Dark @ Sep 7 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*raises hand*

I'm a Twilight fan.

8)

Brutus...et toi!?

#64 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Dark @ Sep 6 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*raises hand*

I'm a Twilight fan.

8)

Not so sure about that. Haven't seen too much I'd call discussion. I have seen plenty of nonsensical posts and numerous demands to close it, which I'm highly tempted to grant.

#65 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

Twilight is not that bad, really. The first book was actually pretty good until the second book bored me to death(too much Jacob is too much). rolleyes.gif

As for the hate, I'm just freaking annoyed by the stupid fangirls that go gaga over Edward Cullen. D:<
I am still pinky-ash

#66 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:10 AM

I was a Twilight fan until all the raging fangirls murdered it for me... but that's about it. :B I didn't go through every little detail of the book, or series. (Though the ending disappointed me greatly) I just went through it without a care back when it wasn't popular and enjoyed it, simply, for what it was. Just a nice fantasy romance. Nothing more, nothing less.

All this Twilight bashing makes me sad. There's just gonna be another huge fad similar in a few years or so, and the whole cycle will start over again.

I'm so anti-hate. XP

Edited by Melancholy Vixen, 07 September 2009 - 05:10 AM.

#67 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:11 AM

Not if, a young girl wanted Rob to BITE her

Seriously, why on earth would a parent let their children read this book? Who is not of age and doesn't knows it is Fantasy?

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 September 2009 - 05:13 AM.

#68 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 7 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not if, a young girl wanted Rob to BITE her

Seriously, why on earth would a parent let their children read this book? Who is not of age and doesn't knows it is Fantasy?

Something tells me that if they don't know it's fantasy, they probably shouldn't read anything at all. My sister is 6, and she knows what is real and what isn't.

#69 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Dark @ Sep 7 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something tells me that if they don't know it's fantasy, they probably shouldn't read anything at all. My sister is 6, and she knows what is real and what isn't.

YEAH. Seriously and the parents shouldn't let their kids read stuff like that until they are old enough xdd

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 07 September 2009 - 07:17 PM.

#70 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 7 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEAH. Seriously and the parents should let their kids read stuff like that until they are old enough xdd

Lol, that's not what I meant, but okay. XD

Edited by Dark, 07 September 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#71 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

It's not even the book that's bad. Actually, it's hight recomended to read. I had to read to whole series for summer reading. Now, the book isn't the problem... it's the movie. They did the movie the worst anyone could do it. I don't partically HATE Twillight, I've read the book and all, The only problem is that it's the only thing that all of my friends are talking about, and that freaken' annoys me. But that's only me.

#72 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

I was also quite interested in Twilight (both the book, and the movie) ... until I got to New Moon.

I guess I was freaked out by Bella and her antics.

She actually tried dangerous stunts, almost killing herself, just to hear the voice of Edward?

That's just weird.

---

How Twilight helped me?

I took up reading again.

I was very busy with school and such, that I had no time to read anymore.

Until, I read Twilight.

Then, I read more.

So now, I have a book list which I am wishing to finish by the end of the year.

I have no problems with Edward Cullen, actually.

I just didn't like the storyline that much. tongue.gif It got boring after a while.

#73 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Ashley @ Sep 6 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twilight is not that bad, really. The first book was actually pretty good until the second book bored me to death(too much Jacob is too much). rolleyes.gif

As for the hate, I'm just freaking annoyed by the stupid fangirls that go gaga over Edward Cullen. D:<

Really? When I watched the 'New Moon' trailer, the Jacob character seemed to be about the only interesting one I had seen.

Edited by Freakazoid, 09 September 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#74 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

Seriously for some reason this series never really interested me, I've had Classmates this last year Reading it a saying about how good it was and blah blah blah, From what they said it seemed to be pretty good so one day I picked it up at a local Library and read the Summary, didn't faze me the whole Male Vampire falls in love with Human Female is just too big of a cliche, sure some cliches are cool, but C'mon it would be cool to see a female Vampire fall for a Human male for a change Why is it always the male, anyway back on topic, the story just didn't call to me, sure some people like it but other don't., I'm one of those.

If you wanna know my reaction was like this:

Head shake.

"what a cliche..."

The worst thing I saw was people from my class chatting about this in breaks my god I was like "C'mon don't yopu have anything else to talk about?". Sure It's good to be interested in something but Fangirlism and obsession is not healthy at all. I remember in X-Mas Holyday's we went to dinner together and then we got to the movies wanna guess what movie we went to see... wait think a little... did you think it was Twilight? then you thought right, Butthen again there weren't many better movies to display, I didn't see the movie anyway. I just kept them company to my friends and when they entered I took off my own way.

Seriously can't we get back Vampires like they used to be Evil Blood sucker like they once were. DRACULA I MISS YA BRO.

Btw If you wanna hate something hate the Fangirls not the work.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 12 September 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#75 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

I have my tickets ready for New Moon already 8)

anyone else going to see it? Sadly I can't make it to the midnight showing because of my motherly duties wink.gif but I'm totally seeing it on friday.

#76 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

Yeah I'm going, to review it of course lol, but the trailer actually makes it look pretty cool.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#77 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

Meh, the only reason I'm going is because my friends are going to drag me to it... literally. Hopefully this movie is better that the last one.

#78 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

'New Moon' already setting records before it's even released >.>!

http://movies.yahoo....ell-record.html

#79 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 19 2009, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Oh god, why AM I in this thread?!)

O.O I'm sorry but the series needs to go... (Harry Potter movie project: Make 7th Book Movie as the best as you can! Outbeat this trend of vampire nonsense.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#80 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 19 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif yucky.gif down.gif Why? Cries.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users