54175 replies to this topic

#50181 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

You ever notice that when Naruto makes an appearance in games like Jump Force or promotions they never use the Boruto's Dad version? They always use the original Naruto that was there since the Pein Arc. Personality and all. Why? Because people are not stupid and know that the Naruto you see in Boruto is NOT the real Naruto. Like you all said, that is Nardo and the anime companies know this. The anime websites know this. That's why they never put Nardo in anything.

And yet, they willingly use older Goku, Ichigo, Luffy, and so many other characters. Why? Because they got better when they got older, not worse. People who are blind to the fact that Nardo is not real (essentially that Naruto is still the same as before) will openly use the younger Naruto and not the older Nardo.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50182 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

Not only that it proves that they were right but that Naruto Nardo is a HYPOCRITE, and the prophesy regarding him is a lie. Boruto is essentially built on hypocrisy and lies, the five nations' ninja villages still spy and infiltrate each other just like in the "good old days" as if any unity meant nothing during the 4th great ninja war. So much for world peace huh? Nardo actually condones Orochimaru to continue his experiments, even though Naruto WAS is a compassionate person that hated seeing others suffer and Orochimaru was given a sob story about how he just wanted to see his parents again, but apparently he must continue his work. karma is Orochimaru's b***h, I guess and Nardo gives no kittens on the suffering of others in actuality. and don't get me wrong, It is true that zetsu's and undead zombies are not like killing actual humans, but that is not the only horror of war it is also seeing comrades/friends/family die and suffer too so they had a huge dose of that (Neji anyone?), but despite this, again that thing "wearing Naruto's skin" is not doing a damn thing to stop any potential hostilities that could lead to another war, he is just repeating the mistakes of the past. So again, so much for all of his proud and childish boasting of stopping anyone from dying or suffering then, am I right?

Naruto was also a hypocrite in that he actually was acting similarly to the aforementioned "villains" - if people (conveniently all "antagonists" to him) didn't immediately conform to his way of thinking, he beat the crap out of them and THEN did TnJ until they eventually relented - so he himself was forcing people to think and believe in the same things as him, but since he's (supposed to be) the title character, he gets a pass. Even now, I'm willing to bet that much of the "peace" is due to people simply being afraid of Boruto's dad's power rather than actually believing in his thinking.

Similar to why Kumo and Iwa didn't take the chance to destroy Konoha after Kurama's attack, Minato's death, and the loss of the Uchiha Clan - they didn't want to run the risk of Konoha using the unknown Jinchuriki of Kurama against them, but that didn't stop them from rebuilding their forces from the Third Great Shinobi War just in case in a Cold War fashion.

You ever notice that when Naruto makes an appearance in games like Jump Force or promotions they never use the Boruto's Dad version? They always use the original Naruto that was there since the Pein Arc. Personality and all. Why? Because people are not stupid and know that the Naruto you see in Boruto is NOT the real Naruto. Like you all said, that is Nardo and the anime companies know this. The anime websites know this. That's why they never put Nardo in anything.

And yet, they willingly use older Goku, Ichigo, Luffy, and so many other characters. Why? Because they got better when they got older, not worse. People who are blind to the fact that Nardo is not real (essentially that Naruto is still the same as before) will openly use the younger Naruto and not the older Nardo.

All the untouched merchandise, untouched DVDs/blu-rays, the empty convention booths, and all the other things that promoted Boruto's dad and Hinatatas made it very clear that they just don't sell to the fan base they should have paid more attention to. So, little by little, they showed less and less of Boruto's dad and Hinatatas in everything, including the Boruto manga; or at least Hinatatas was - so much so that she is virtually right back to being the all but invisible background character who may as well have never existed.

2e5.gif

#50183 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

Exactly! They all got really a lot better when they got older, but Nardo or Boruto's dad is just even more of a sham than the times we saw Naruto's hypocrisy being blatant, even if a lot of times, it only came to us after we saw how crappy the series really was after Kishimoto backstabbed us with his ending choices.

All the untouched merchandise, untouched DVDs/blu-rays, the empty convention booths, and all the other things that promoted Boruto's dad and Hinatatas made it very clear that they just don't sell to the fan base they should have paid more attention to. So, little by little, they showed less and less of Boruto's dad and Hinatatas in everything, including the Boruto manga; or at least Hinatatas was - so much so that she is virtually right back to being the all but invisible background character who may as well have never existed.

Plus the fact they keep saying Boruto is a popular anime in the manga to try to keep people glued when they know Shueisha and Studio Pierrot are only in it for the money, and nothing else. It's pretty sad, and I worry that they only have Boruto even in Jump Force 'cause of trying to make him more popular than he really is. Hell, out of Jump kids from heroes, Gohan and Goten are even better than the sad excuse that Boruto is.

#50184 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:37 AM

Ninjas in space, nuff said.

I don't know what is worse.
Ninjas in space or Ninjas with miniguns and lightsabers.

I dunno man, that sounds just stupid enough to be totally awesome.

In a better series, of course.

Not to mention that the new threats to create conflict has become "aliens from outer space!!!!!" So this is not even about ninjas anymore. And even if they are not aliens, the concept is the same since threats must be extraterrestrial now to one up the Kaguya fight.  

Was it ever much more than ninja themed, though? Hell, even that was tenuous. It was a series centered around ninjas that never really seemed to be about ninjas as much as people in bright colors engaging in DBZ fights in a world that couldn't even decide what technological age it was. You could have made them all samurai and I don't think it would have changed the story overly much.

Edited by dl316bh, 07 February 2019 - 01:38 AM.

bd5.jpg

#50185 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

Agreed and I like how you call Adult Naruto, "Boruto's Dad Version" :lol: . Lol that's very clever. Indeed, the Naruto we know died a long time ago.

1wocs1.gif

#50186 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:36 AM

Agreed and I like how you call Adult Naruto, "Boruto's Dad Version" :lol: . Lol that's very clever. Indeed, the Naruto we know died a long time ago.

Yo I haven't seen you on here in ages man!! 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 07 February 2019 - 02:36 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#50187 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:36 AM

Was it ever much more than ninja themed, though? Hell, even that was tenuous. It was a series centered around ninjas that never really seemed to be about ninjas as much as people in bright colors engaging in DBZ fights in a world that couldn't even decide what technological age it was. You could have made them all samurai and I don't think it would have changed the story overly much.

It's a "ninja" series that calls an extremely bright and loud move that requires the user to essentially banzai charge as fast as they can - but needing to have special eyes to prevent tunnel vision - and hope they manage to impale their target through the head or heart and then leaves them wide open for a counterattack an "assassination technique"....

2e5.gif

#50188 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:04 AM

I was going through Gears of War 4 again, and my god this is a prime example of not only introducing JD Fenix  to people who have been following Gears since the beginning, but also how to reintroduce us to Marcus Fenix (a beloved character we've been following for the last 13 years): 

It's also sad that I feel the chemistry between father and son here than I ever did in Boruto. 

Can't wait for Gears 5. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#50189 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:30 AM

It's a "ninja" series that calls an extremely bright and loud move that requires the user to essentially banzai charge as fast as they can - but needing to have special eyes to prevent tunnel vision - and hope they manage to impale their target through the head or heart and then leaves them wide open for a counterattack an "assassination technique"....

Yeah, ninja were always an odd fit for what was essentially a DBZ style action comic. It never really involved spying, assassination and the like. The closest it came was the occasional mercenary work. Otherwise, it's like... theming aside, what made them ninja? They were basically superheroes or wizards by another name. I felt the same even back when I liked the series.

It's also sad that I feel the chemistry between father and son here than I ever did in Boruto.

The most recent God of War really shocked me in how much attention to detail and care was put into its own story of a father and son, too. Really moving story about trying to be better than you were and set an example for the next generation while acknowledging you can't just bury your past, no matter how much you want to. Kratos was the last character I ever thought I'd see get a story like that, but it worked.

Seems like fathers and sons are working out as a story choice of late.

bd5.jpg

#50190 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

They were called ninjas, so ninja's they are. But when you bring outer space stuff stuff about how there are beings on the moon then you start to question the "ninja aspect". And in to the defense of the ninja theme being questioned by the battles and the lack of stealth, well a lot of other ninja themed media also enjoy the loud flashy magic attacks like some ninja gaiden games for instance, so yeah. In fact Ninja gaiden in general is a straight up hack and slash game.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 February 2019 - 06:53 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50191 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

Maybe they got inspired by "Power Ranger in space" , that's why they want to create the first ever in the history of manga and anime "Ninja in space!!"

:lmao: :lmao:

They must think like this when they have a meeting regarding the future of the franchise.

Look the western / the american love Star Wars , they also make power ranger in space , since our own country has abandon this franchise we should cater to them. SCI-FI Ninja in space would be a very brilliant idea!!

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#50192 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

You know, the bright colors never bothered me because wouldn't that make you the ultimate ninja? You can wear something so obvious and yet still blend in and be stealthy.

I don't think it was the bright colors as much as it was just...they didn't do things the actually ninja way. Rock Lee is no way a ninja.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50193 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:24 PM

You know, the bright colors never bothered me because wouldn't that make you the ultimate ninja? You can wear something so obvious and yet still blend in and be stealthy.

I don't think it was the bright colors as much as it was just...they didn't do things the actually ninja way. Rock Lee is no way a ninja.

The only ninja is Kakashi, definitely.

ナルサク

#50194 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

Maybe they got inspired by "Power Ranger in space" , that's why they want to create the first ever in the history of manga and anime "Ninja in space!!"

:lmao: :lmao:

They must think like this when they have a meeting regarding the future of the franchise.

Look the western / the american love Star Wars , they also make power ranger in space , since our own country has abandon this franchise we should cater to them. SCI-FI Ninja in space would be a very brilliant idea!!

actually I think they copied paper mario thousand year door. I mean the whole being shot to the moon from a cannon, then not needing oxygen? totally ripped from that game xD

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#50195 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

ryu hayabusa is more of a ninja than they will ever be. also I still think that death battle was rigged, they didn't even use all his abilities, he doesn't even work for death battle since he in the story has a family animal spirit that constantly revives him when he dies, it revived him in the beginning of the xbox game in the story, then became a gameplay mechanic throughout the game, and is in the rest of the games, I think people don't realize it isn't just a game mechanic but an actual ability of his. I mean I get strider is strong and all, but that won't work when you keep killing the guy and he keeps coming back seconds later. its like fighting immortal zamasu except instead of being immortal and immune to damage, he justs keep resurrecting constantly until he wears the opponent down, and I'm not sure, does strider even have endless stamina to deal with that?

also in regards to transformers, since I was reloading past tabs in my history and it backtracked me to the december posts, and I saw the transformers comments,I was never a full blown fan of the classic transformers, I was in the armada/energon/cybertron era, I always prefered cybertron out of all the cartoons, cybertron optimus being my favorite incarnation of him, I guess since he was one of the strongest and had such a cool design and all the crazy abilities. I mean I liked the movies, but not as much as the cartoons, and I hated michael bay after how he treated the ninja turtles fanbase before making those movies. favorite ninja turtles will always be the 4kids/fox box ninja turtles with the turtles forever crossover movie.

but yeah naruto in general was just such a mess. and its kinda insulting that pokemon for example used naruto type ninjas for the greninja ninja village instead of real ninjas. we need more shows with old fashioned ninjas again.

Edited by ultranx, 08 February 2019 - 08:11 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#50196 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

Early on in the Naruto manga, there was so much emphasis on a 'ninja' mindset - from the clothes to the hidden villages to the mission levels to the ninja ranks, etc. And there was an order through the nations, like when they assembled ninjas from all over for the rank exams. 

Not a real-life ninja, of course, which would have been completely clan oriented and secretive. (Not good for story building - lol.) But the Naruto was set in a world where ninjas were the prime military force they way samurai were in reallife. So it all made sense, storywise. Even the loud clothes weren't such a big deal because everyone was a ninja. So there wasn't such a need to be in dark clothes. Just to have secretive techniques. 

This all unraveled in the end, of course. Even the idea of Naruto being a genin who ascends to Kage without ever passing any other ranks was completley abandoned. So the early framework of the story was forgotten. By the end, it wouldn't have mattered if Naruto and Sasuke were even ninjas or not! There was nothing that even tied them to that origin story!

#50197 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:23 PM

I have watched a video of Anime youtuber, The video included a comparison between Sakura and Hinata.

They asked someone Who has never seen anime in his life,

to give his opinion on their beauty,They brought their photos from the boruto series, and it was this way:

man #1:Who are the most beautiful.

man #2:The pink-haired girl (Sakura).

man #1:why not the other.

man #2:Because of her eyes this girl looks blind,Because of her eyes this girl looks blind.

man #1:It's not so, it's because of its special ability.

man #2:I was horrified when I saw her, she looked like a ghost to me.
man #1: ??!!!!?!!!  Well, it's your opinion.
:goodjob:

There is another video, where it went like this:

man #1:We have brought the same pictures of the two girls but since their youth (shippiden), Who are the most beautiful now.
man #2:The pink-haired girl (Sakura) Still more beautiful for me.
man #1:???!!!! why.
man #2:alright.
:th_yeah:

and here is the last video of the interview, they have bring for him sarada and himmawari photos, and it was like this:

man #1:Who are the most beautiful.
man #2:They are beautiful and cute because they are kids, it's still a difficult choice.
man #1:please select one.
man #2:I would have chosen the black-haired girl (sarada) but she wore glasses that made me puzzled.
Well then, I choose the blue eyed girl (himawari).
man #1:ohhhh finallyohhhh finally.
man #2:???!!!! why.
man #1: did you remember about the The first two girls.
man #2: yes.
man #1:the thing is the girl who has glasses her mother is the pink-haired girl and the blue-eyed girl her mother is the girl you called her blind.
man #2:If you say so, I must admit that the girl with the blue eyes is much more beautiful than her strange mother.
man #1:Stop this, you are killing me.
man #2:why??!!!!!!
man #1:In our third interview, we thought that we would succeed in changing your mind when you see the children of those girls.
But unfortunately you seem to have destroyed Hinata's feelings now.
man #2: !!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I think what I want is clear.

irst two girls saw them

:Well, it's your opinion

Edited by thelordofspace72, 29 May 2020 - 07:55 PM.

#50198 thelordofspace72

thelordofspace72

Light Paladin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

when somebody watch sakura and hinata face's, permanently will choose sakura.

but if he saw the body of each girl he will lose his mind and choose hinata.

#50199 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

when somebody watch sakura and hinata face's, permanently will choose sakura.

but if he saw the body of each girl he will lose his mind and choose hinata.

Link for that video? Anyways by the sound of it the second guy didn't pick Salad because the glasses didn't look good on her, not because the daughter is actually attractive; also probably because he got what the other guy was a wanting him to say by that point. The first guy sounds desperate for random people to consider Hinata and her spawn such beauties that from a glance anyone would acknowledge could defeat anyone in terms of looks.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 February 2019 - 08:48 PM.

#50200 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:33 AM

Link for that video? Anyways by the sound of it the second guy didn't pick Salad because the glasses didn't look good on her, not because the daughter is actually attractive; also probably because he got what the other guy was a wanting him to say by that point. The first guy sounds desperate for random people to consider Hinata and her spawn such beauties that from a glance anyone would acknowledge could defeat anyone in terms of looks.

I find that the fans of a series are far more accepting of less human-looking characters, especially females, than random people would be. However this isn't really the case for the Japanese who tend to make a female character look human even if her counterparts are freaks (see Pilaf's group in Dragon Ball) Given that Hinata is one of the only female characters in Naruto that doesn't look totally normal, it's one more reason why NH would not have happened without the Western audience

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users