43 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

I'd like to discuss this doujin as it really resonated some particularly strong feelings out of me as I was reading it. Before I make my comments, I'll first post the whole thing in its entirety. Ample kudos to indy-riquez for what was a well produced fancomic (bad grammar aside).

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_0_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_1_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_2_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_3_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_4_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_5_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_6_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_7_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_8_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_9_by_indy

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_10_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_11_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_12_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_13_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_14_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_15_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_16_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_17_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_19_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_18_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_19_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_20_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_21_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_22_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_23_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_24_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_25_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_26_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_27_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_28_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_29_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_30_by_ind

Second Half Continued in next post!

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_31_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_32_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_33_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_34_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_35_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_36_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_37_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_38_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_39_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_40_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_41_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_42_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_43_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_44_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_45_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_46_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_47_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_48_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_49_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_50_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_51_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_52_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_53_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_54_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_59_by_ind

narusaku_doujin___unreach_page_60__end__

Posted Image

#3 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

wow that was deep!

last few pages got real steamy  :lmao:  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 February 2018 - 09:34 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

wow that was deep!

last few pages got real steamy  :lmao:  

And also such a bittersweet ending too

#5 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

My Comments:

Again, bravo to the author. The grammar was atrocious, but I don't think English is his/her first language, so I give that a pass.

What really gets me, however, is that when you sit down and think about it, this fancomic could easily pass for canon and explain all of the inconsistencies in regards to NS when taking The Last and Boruto into account. I'm immediately reminded of Sakura's strange comment to Sarada where she tells her that Naruto is "more than family" to her.

Another thing this comic speaks is that it is perhaps Naruto's desire for Sakura's happiness first and foremost is, by some cruel stroke of fate, the reason NS didn't happen in the first place. He valued her happiness so much that he inadvertently pushed her away and now has to spend the rest of his days living a lie as a result. Sakura, on the other hand, valued Naruto's dream so much that she wouldn't give in to her desire to runaway with him at the end. They both love each other, but can never be together. Fate is a cruel mistress indeed.

Naruto's willingness to throw away his dream of being the Hokage just to be with Sakura surprised me at first, but when taking all things into account, speaks true to his character. I would have loved to have seen this happen instead, but the author had a bittersweet ending in mind. Poor Naruto. It's a shame that he must spend the rest of his days living a sham rather than being true to himself.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 16 February 2018 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image

#6 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

And also such a bittersweet ending too

Damn, you don't have them either. Pages 55 to 58 are missing and I can't find them anywhere.

#7 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

My Comments:

Again, bravo to the author. The grammar was atrocious, but I don't think English is his/her first language, so I give that a pass.

What really gets me, however, is that when you sit down and think about it, this fancomic could easily pass for canon and explain all of the inconsistencies in regards to NS when taking The Last and Boruto into account. I'm immediately reminded of Sakura's strange comment to Sarada where she tells her that Naruto is "more than family" to her.

Another thing this comic speaks is that it is perhaps Naruto's desire for Sakura's happiness first and foremost is, by some cruel stroke of fate, the reason NS didn't happen in the first place. He valued her happiness so much that he inadvertently pushed her away and now has to spend the rest of his days living a lie as a result. Sakura, on the other hand, valued Naruto's dream so much that she wouldn't give in to her desire to runaway with him at the end. They both love each other, but can never be together. Fate is a cruel mistress indeed.

Naruto's willingness to throw away his dream of being the Hokage just to be with Sakura surprised me at first, but when taking all things into account, speaks true to his character. I would have loved to have seen this happen instead, but the author had a bittersweet ending in mind. Poor Naruto. It's a shame that he must spend the rest of his days living a sham rather than being true to himself.

Weird part is neither of them seem very happy with their spouses in Boruto. Sakura gets outright neglected. Naruto inadvertantly does it to Hinata too (he's Hokage so it's not surprising), but to a much lesser extent than Sasuke.

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Damn, you don't have them either. Pages 55 to 58 are missing and I can't find them anywhere.

They're probably on the hentai site this was initially posted on.

Posted Image

#9 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

the art is good

but i didn't like the conclusion..

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:25 PM

the art is good

Hanabi :argh:

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#11 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

the art is good

Yeah, same. I mean it's okay. It's not a bad story to tell by any means, nor is it OOC or anything. Just there are honestly a s**t-ton of stories where someone is getting married, and the other person shows up in the eleventh hour to say yeah, I did love you, but it's too late now because you're getting married, even though you love me and not the person you're marrying. It is a really irritating trope. Because you're in a situation where the person getting married does not love the person they're marrying, but they do it anyway, because they feel obligated to. And that is just a kitten reason to do anything. It's like yeah, damn it, I have happiness in my grasp but I gotta let it go. I gotta sink my life. I know I'll regret this decision I'm making forever, but I'm making it. Here goes! I can't wait to regret it. I can't wait for the rest of my life now!

At least a reason was actually provided. Sometimes people use the trope without even bothering to do that. His reputation would be hurt by abandoning Hinata and that would make it more difficult for him to become Hokage. Sure, whatever. It's a bad decision. He can try to become Hokage despite the damage to his reputation, but he can never be with Sakura if he marries Hinata.

Edited by DrK, 16 February 2018 - 11:31 PM.

#12 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

They're probably on the hentai site this was initially posted on.

Yeah, it doesn't. Not even the author's deviant art had it.

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

It went from a PG-13 doujin to an R rated one damn that was hot and smexy. :hehehe:

It's such a shame it had to end and it's ending. :umm:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

If you want, you can post the hentai pages in our Hentai thread. PM me for details.

Besides the grammar, it was on point. Definitely can work "as canon" better than what The Last, though I can deal without the sex part because it felt like it was "forced" (I rather have them have sex through cheating to increase drama and tensions in both sides, cliche, yes but will make sense). To me, though let me just say, there is no way in hell I'm defending the so-called canonical pairings, that whole scene was Naruto and Sakura's first time. Though finally done it, more like Hinata wanted to wait til marriage to do the deed with Naruto because that will be their first but someone catch his true feelings. I don't know... its a very good doujin though.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#15 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Weird part is neither of them seem very happy with their spouses in Boruto. Sakura gets outright neglected. Naruto inadvertantly does it to Hinata too (he's Hokage so it's not surprising), but to a much lesser extent than Sasuke.

Living a sham. Living a sham. I'm reminded of the scene at the end of The Dark Knight where Batman agrees to take the blame for Harvey Dent's death to cover up for the fact that Harvey Dent, Gotham's white knight and hero, was a homicidal maniac. "Sometimes…the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." And so Naruto and Sakura have conspired together, for the good of Konoha, to keep their love a secret so that the symbol that Naruto represents is not tainted in the eyes of the people throughout the land of fire. And so it comes to past; two soulmates spend the remainder of their days star crossed; never to be together no matter how much they wish otherwise; like heaven and earth, they are eternally separated.

And yet perhaps all hope is not lost. Though they will never be together in this life, perhaps when they are reincarnated, fate might have a different answer:

Midoriya+x+uraraka+in+black+and+white+d+

Yeah, same. I mean it's okay. It's not a bad story to tell by any means, nor is it OOC or anything. Just there are honestly a s**t-ton of stories where someone is getting married, and the other person shows up in the eleventh hour to say yeah, I did love you, but it's too late now because you're getting married, even though you love me and not the person you're marrying. It is a really irritating trope. Because you're in a situation where the person getting married does not love the person they're marrying, but they do it anyway, because they feel obligated to. And that is just a kitten reason to do anything. It's like yeah, damn it, I have happiness in my grasp but I gotta let it go. I gotta sink my life. I know I'll regret this decision I'm making forever, but I'm making it. Here goes! I can't wait to regret it. I can't wait for the rest of my life now!

At least a reason was actually provided. Sometimes people use the trope without even bothering to do that. His reputation would be hurt by abandoning Hinata and that would make it more difficult for him to become Hokage. Sure, whatever. It's a bad decision. He can try to become Hokage despite the damage to his reputation, but he can never be with Sakura if he marries Hinata.

Don't get me wrong. I think any conclusion where Naruto DOES NOT end up with Sakura is bad and frankly stupid, but from the standpoint of attempting to give some legitimacy to what actually happened in canon, I think the story fits. Rather than the kitten "rivalry" explanation, it acknowledges what was plain obvious while addressing the oddities of NaruHina. There's a reason Naruto hides from his wife with a newfound paperwork lust, gets drunk all the time and sleeps on the couch and here it is: He's a living a sham and he knows it. He has to put up appearances "for the good of Konoha." Now would the real Naruto have married Hinata in the first place? Not a chance in hell, but when using this trope, there's a little more of air of legitimacy so to speak. So all in all, I liked it despite the bittersweet taste of the ending. Anyway, that's my two cents!

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 16 February 2018 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#16 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Don't get me wrong. I think any conclusion where Naruto DOES NOT end up with Sakura is bad and frankly stupid

Haha, that's how you can be on the same page as me by only saying one sentence. But I mean, the biggest problem with the plot is that without the supposed "romance" that took place in the Last, what reason would he have to marry Hinata? Just for the political power? That really doesn't sound like something Naruto would do. And if the romance did take place, then doesn't he love Hinata too? Because Kurama for some reason allowed him to be genjutsued?

Edited by DrK, 16 February 2018 - 11:51 PM.

#17 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

Haha, that's how you can be on the same page as me by only saying one sentence. But I mean, the biggest problem with the plot is that without the supposed "romance" that took place in the Last, what reason would he have to marry Hinata? Just for the political power? That really doesn't sound like something Naruto would do. And if the romance did take place, then doesn't he love Hinata too? Because Kurama for some reason allowed him to be genjutsued?

Perhaps he married Hinata for the same reason he married her in canon: Guilt Trip, only without all the genjutsu kitten. No, he doesn't love Hinata, but he feels bad for how much anguish he's inadvertently caused her. So being the self-sacrificing guy he is, he gives into her advances and is "in too deep" by the time the wedding rolls around, so he goes forward with the marriage not just for Hinata's sake, but so the leaf village's flawless image of him remains intact.

I feel like Naruto could use a Tokyo Ghoul "Kaneki unravel" moment where his subconscious confronts him on this, demanding to know where all Naruto's self-sacrificing has gotten him. First with Sasuke. Then with Sakura. Then with Hinata.  

Posted Image

#18 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:13 AM

Perhaps he married Hinata for the same reason he married her in canon: Guilt Trip, only without all the genjutsu kitten. No, he doesn't love Hinata, but he feels bad for how much anguish he's inadvertently caused her. So being the self-sacrificing guy he is, he gives into her advances and is "in too deep" by the time the wedding rolls around, so he goes forward with the marriage not just for Hinata's sake, but so the leaf village's flawless image of him remains intact.

I feel like Naruto could use a Tokyo Ghoul "Kaneki unravel" moment where his subconscious confronts him on this, demanding to know where all Naruto's self-sacrificing has gotten him. First with Sasuke. Then with Sakura. Then with Hinata.  

Well, Hinata is his great reward for his many sacrifices. The fanbase is supposed to consider her the best girl, so Naruto won the ultimate prize. The problem is that this is an untenable belief if you have even an ounce of sense.

#19 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

Living a sham. Living a sham. I'm reminded of the scene at the end of The Dark Knight where Batman agrees to take the blame for Harvey Dent's death to cover up for the fact that Harvey Dent, Gotham's white knight and hero, was a homicidal maniac. "Sometimes…the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." And so Naruto and Sakura have conspired together, for the good of Konoha, to keep their love a secret so that the symbol that Naruto represents is not tainted in the eyes of the people throughout the land of fire. And so it comes to past; two soulmates spend the remainder of their days star crossed; never to be together no matter how much they wish otherwise; like heaven and earth, they are eternally separated.

And yet perhaps all hope is not lost. Though they will never be together in this life, perhaps when they are reincarnated, fate might have a different answer:

Midoriya+x+uraraka+in+black+and+white+d+

Don't get me wrong. I think any conclusion where Naruto DOES NOT end up with Sakura is bad and frankly stupid, but from the standpoint of attempting to give some legitimacy to what actually happened in canon, I think the story fits. Rather than the kitten "rivalry" explanation, it acknowledges what was plain obvious while addressing the oddities of NaruHina. There's a reason Naruto hides from his wife with a newfound paperwork lust, gets drunk all the time and sleeps on the couch and here it is: He's a living a sham and he knows it. He has to put up appearances "for the good of Konoha." Now would the real Naruto have married Hinata in the first place? Not a chance in hell, but when using this trope, there's a little more of air of legitimacy so to speak. So all in all, I liked it despite the bittersweet taste of the ending. Anyway, that's my two cents!

So true. So true. What if them being unhappy is SP's way of appeasing people who hated the end pairings. It's a stupid way to go about it though.

Oh god, I hope so much that Midoriya and Uraraka get together. I've been so disappointed recently. Naruto. Bleach. Fairy Tail. 

#20 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

How have I not found this? Ive look far and wide for every completed NS doujinshi, and I thought I read them all... Time to search some more, I guess. Also, I had no idea we had a hentai thread...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users