Close
Photo

Do you think the naruto franchise might redeem itself in the future?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Do you think in the next 10 or 20 years someone will reboot the the naruto franchise and fix the mistakes that the manga had?

Or do you think thats nothing more than wishful thinking it will not happen due to the companies having a strong pride of there mistake?

#2 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:15 PM

No. Did you read the recent interview with Kishi and his assistant; Boruto wasn't the initial plan. The reboot was. 

Ikemoto wanted a reboot because he wanted to off canon or "do whatever you want" as he says. Kishi didn't care either way.

Shueisha ultimately decided upon the sequel, continue the story,  and gave it to Ikemoto.

So yes, there were ideas of a reboot, but it was rejected by Shueisha. 

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

If it reboot the last, Burrito and the last half of part 2 then for me, Maybe. But I doubt it will happen so I will make my own headcanon that those parts never happened.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

Not really, and I wouldn't really care either way. Too much a had been "flushed down the toilet" for Me to actually give an ounce of care to whether it's been redeemed.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

No.
And no, it doesn't relied on the company but more on the author. Since kishi doesn't care anymore I don't think it will happen.

A reboot will only make Hinata more relevant.

@neonranger
Where is that interview?

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:09 AM

Are reboots as popular in Japan as they are in America right now? Because if so, then it wouldn't surprise me at all if Naruto got rehashed at some point in the future. 

#7 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:50 AM

I'd be curious to see what a reboot would produce. But seeing what garbage we were given for the first try, I wouldn't be surprised if they rehashed it to Hinata being the main heroine.  :ermm: No thank you. I'd only want a reboot if they fixed the ending and/or removed Hinata entirely.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:21 AM

Are reboots as popular in Japan as they are in America right now? Because if so, then it wouldn't surprise me at all if Naruto got rehashed at some point in the future. 

I don't know... but I know there was Godzilla: Resurgence, a reboot for the Godzilla films, Tricks :) So there may be quite a few likes for reboots now and then in Japan.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

I'm not sure about reboot but they seem to like different incarnation or different stories under the same brand.

#10 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

First of all, the current Naruto staff members, writers, artists, etc ( excluding Kenji) from Shuiesha must be purged from this franchise inorder this to redeemed itself. Secondly, the pairings must not be the same. The best alternative is that the continue the reboot right after the Pain Arc with another time skip to Part and start there (no new generation born yet or very little).

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#11 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:30 AM

No. Did you read the recent interview with Kishi and his assistant; Boruto wasn't the initial plan. The reboot was. 

Ikemoto wanted a reboot because he wanted to off canon or "do whatever you want" as he says. Kishi didn't care either way.

Shueisha ultimately decided upon the sequel, continue the story,  and gave it to Ikemoto.

So yes, there were ideas of a reboot, but it was rejected by Shueisha. 

Meaning that the Reboot will be more supportive of NH/SS.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#12 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

Meaning that the Reboot will be more supportive of NH/SS.

That's true.

#13 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

No, It won't survive in WSJ anyway.

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

As far as manga is concerned, not really. Anime is anime so................... It's not different from any other animated medium anyway.

I recall only uh, one reboot, and that was Rurouni Kenshin. I believe Watsuki only wrote it to commemorate the live action films. 

Besides Western comics only reboot because they are FAR older and the licencing and rights always change companies too

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

Well hopefully Neon give us a link to that interview or at least tell us where they heard it from. If what they say is true. All that says to me. Is that even that pedophile knew that no one liked that ending and wanted to do something that distance him spin off from it. Since the last and Bolt are a cancer to this franchise. Also kishi has long since stopped caring.

The reason the SJ wants to keep Boruto going is because if they allowed that reboot it would be admitting they made a mistake. For some strange reason they seem completely against just saying that nH ending was a bad idea and then just move on. So Boruto's fate is that it will limp along until it no longer makes a profit. Then they will cancel it and abandon the Naruto franchise entirely. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 August 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#16 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

I'm still waiting for his new sci-fi manga ... it's been 2 years since he announce it ... can he at least announce to the public at least what is tittle/name of the manga ?? or it's just another kittening lies ??

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

I'm still waiting for his new sci-fi manga ... it's been 2 years since he announce it ... can he at least announce to the public at least what is tittle/name of the manga ?? or it's just another kittening lies ??

He probably had to put it on hold because he was most likely "volunteered" to be the editor of Boruto by SJ.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

EH, It won't measure up to Naruto- *throws up* :sick: ............ anyway. :down:

#19 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

If it appeared that Kishi had a manga on the way then everything would seem to be fine, it's all to reinforce the situation that company wants in order to remain profitable.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#20 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

It's not the same and it won't be the same, if reboot happens.

This series' main soul is the struggle of the underdog to achieve triumph. With all the odds that he has to face, we were promised an inspiring conclusion (backed with many foreshadowing events). Did we actually get that in the end? No.

Surpassing the older generation, ending the cycle of hatred, hard work can achieve more than talents/gifts... and many other themes get tossed out of the window in the end. All of these are just to make nH and SS canon so they can continue with Boruto series.

And if someone mentioned about recent interview where Kishi / his assistant said Boruto was *not* the initial plan. ha ha... let me tell you a dirty little secret in business industry folks: once something went south, it's all fingers pointing game.

If Boruto is a success, I can assure you that even Kishi will claim that it was his plan all along and he'll take whatever credits he can take. Likewise with the current author (Ikemoto or whatever).

I'm not sure whether the interview is genuine or not, but here's my take: the fact that they don't claim this to be the initial plan, it is giving a strong message that they don't want to own it. It's a hot mess, and they don't want their names on it.

Imagine you're an established author (Kishi) and suddenly your name is tagged with something that's not successful. You definitely want to stay away. Likewise, imagine if you're a fresh blood and about to start your big career journey as an author (Ikemoto), and you jolly knew down the road, the series you're working on is going downward spiral of failure, you'll react about the same as the interview mentioned above.

Nonetheless, don't base your judgement based on interview. If you live in Japan, you'll know enough whatever publicly said may not be 100% true to what happened behind the closed door. Google-up "honne tatemae", and you'll get what I meant.

The original Naruto series is built upon the spirit of hard work, never give up, surpassing the older generation and other similar themes. It's all about fighting off with your own feet. That's why it gets so popular. However, the ending betrayed every bits of that spirit. And you can't get the same success again. Ever.

Hinata or Sakura is timid, lame and weak in front of their significant other. That's not how you depicted the spirit of hard work with solid relationship.

Even if you reboot the series. It will not be the same. It will never be the same.

To share with you, one of my favorite quote by T. Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." (Roosevelt, 1910 --search up for 'the man in the arena' for the full transcript.

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura or Hinata depicted by the ending, does not embody such spirit. And neither will any form of reboots in the future (if any).

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users