Uzumaki
Namikaze
Uzumaki Namikaze
Namikaze Uzumaki
Haruno
Haruno Uzumaki
Haruno Namikaze
etc...

Naruto is going to find out about his heritage. So I'm wondering if you have predictions of whether he'll change his name and this of course will effect Sakura's surname when they get together.

#2 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

They'll change it to one word:

krisk.

:F

#3 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:01 AM

I'd guess just plain Uzumaki... I mean, it IS his given surname, and unless Sakura wants to keep her last name, then that's what it would be.

#4 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:13 AM

Uzumaki, as I see no reason why Naruto would want to change it to his father's name. After all, he was called that his entire life!

There are incidences in Japanese families where the man will take the woman's name. However, this usually happens in families where the father of the daughter wants the business, dojo, whatever inherited by a son and has none. They'll find a guy, and if he meets his expectations, its welcome to the family. I don't think Sakura's family is anything special though, and if it was, why Kishi did not bring out in the manga I'll have no clue.

#5 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:46 AM

Uzumaki, unless they get bored and decide to switch it to Kaowawozski.... hey, he's not called Konoha's #1 Most Unpredictable Ninja for nothing you know!

#6 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Apr 16 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll change it to one word:

krisk.

:F

LOL. 111189.gif a_spaz.gif
Omg xD Krisk would be proud smile.gif

Hm. Let's see the combinations....

- Sakura Uzumaki
- Sakura Haruno-Uzumaki
- Sakura Namikaze
- Sakura Haruno-Namikaze

I like the original Uzumaki :] Sakura Uzumaki. Naruto and Sakura Uzumaki. x3 That's cute wub.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#7 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

Probably just Uzumaki Sakura. You wanna get real technical, go for Uzumaki-Haruno Sakura.

Don't think he'll change to Namikaze even if he finds out his heritage. But that's just me. I reckon Namikaze-Uzumaki-Haruno is a bit...ya know, lol. laugh.gif
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#8 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Well knowing Naruto, he should keep Uzumaki as the surname. Now if he and Sakura gets married, it'll be Uzumaki Sakura or Uzumaki Haruno Sakura. wink.gif

Edit:

Moved to Icha Icha NaruSaku with a title edit. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#9 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

Probably just plan Uzumaki Sakura Unless they decide to get all weird and just make up something like Uzukaze!
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#10 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

I think Naruto will stick with his surname. I wouldn't want to change my last name just because I learn who my father is all of the sudden. Respect, yes, but doesn't have to be too drastic. He grew up with the name his whole life he is practically known for it in most nations. He didn't become who he is being Minato's son.

Naruto is becoming a legend all on his own.

In Sakura's case...hmm...I think she'll go with Uzumaki. But I think Uzumaki Haruno Sakura. She wouldn't want to lose who she is either. Other than that just Uzumaki Sakura.
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#11 Saku-Saku

Saku-Saku

NaruSaku Obsessed<3

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:I put Naruto's B-Day since he's one of my fav characters and he's awesome!! =] <br /><br />Fav Pairings: NaruSaku, ShikaIno, KibaHina, SasuNaru, Neji Ten, KakaAnko but mostly NaruSaku cuz its the best pairing EVER!!!!!<br /><br />and I absoloutly HATE SASUSAKU!!!! <br /><br /><br />Fav Anime: Naruto<br /><br />Fav Books/Manga: Naruto, and other stuff<br /><br />Hobbies: Drawing NaruSaku fanart, reading, annoying me brothers lol, hanging with my friends.<br /><br />Favorite Naruto Characterz: I like all of them except Sasuke and Kabuto. My favs are Sakura and Naruto of course!! ^^<br /><br />I LOVE turtles!!!!!<br /><br />LIKES: Turtles, NaruSaku,nice ppl lol, my family and friends.<br /><br />HATES: SASUSAKU, NaruHina, ASSHOLES and mean ppl, bugs EW lolz, school and homework, ppl who hate NaruSaku, Sasuke, Seagulls (THEY EAT BABY TURTLES!!) i know rude right?!? <br />TuRtLeS 4 LiFe&lt;3

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ Apr 16 2008, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uzumaki, unless they get bored and decide to switch it to Kaowawozski.... hey, he's not called Konoha's #1 Most Unpredictable Ninja for nothing you know!

LOL anyway I think its gonna be Uzumaki since I see no reason for Naruto to change his name.

♥ ♥ ♥ NaruSaku is a true love ♥ ♥ ♥

#12 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

I hate Naruto changing his name to Namikaze. I mean, seriously why again? Do we even know if Kushina and Minato were married? Do we know if Kushina decided to keep her maiden name? Regardless I can't see him changing his name to Namikaze...maybe Kishi will just have to do it and I still might not be convinced...

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

#13 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Naruto would change his name to Haruno. Sakura's the boss. tongue.gif

Seriously though, I do hope it would be Uzumaki. happy.gif Uzumaki Sakura's not a bad name.

On a sidenote... (manga spoilers)

I imagine Minato and Kushina never married, which might go a little way towards explaining why nobody knew the Fourth was Naruto's father. Anyway, Uzumaki Naruto sounds better than Namikaze Naruto. happy.gif

#14 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:58 AM

Meh, I figure it will be Uzumaki Sakura.

Hmmm, Whirlpool Cherry Blossom...

I wonder what names will make interesting puns with Uzumaki for their kids...

Note: 200th post! w00t.gif
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#15 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

uzumaki sakura absolutely!

it's a cute one...

#16 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

In traditional Japanese society, it would depend on a negotiation between each of their parents or guardians, with things leveraged like dowry, whether there are other people in the family to keep up the family name, class of each family, etc.

The world of Naruto is not exactly 'traditional Japanese society,' but I imagine that in Kishimoto's head determining the name of a married couple would involve a similar process.

On the other hand, given that this is a ninja village, in reality I suspect that the names wouldn't get changed at all. Most marriages would be secret prior to retirement, just to lessen the risk of one being taken hostage to use against the other, and even if you qualified to have one of those marriages that aren't listed as 'most,' you wouldn't want to rock the boat by getting your name changed.

If you're writing a fanfic, both ideas are worth consideration. If you're just speculating for the heck of it, my guess is the 'traditional Japanese society' model would be employed.

With the traditional Japanese model, Tsunade, being the closest living thing to a guardian for Naruto, would probably negotiate on Naruto's behalf. She would explain that Naruto is the last of not just one, but two clans, and that his family background is of the highest class. Sakura's mother, the likely negotiator on Sakura's behalf, would counter that he is penniless -- meaning that any dowry Sakura brings in will automatically be larger than Naruto's -- and that Sakura is an only child. The end result would likely be Naruto would change his name to Haruno Naruto, but that he'd have a much more substantial dowry given to him because of it, but depending on whether Sakura has any cousins or other family stashed away somewhere we don't know about things might end up with her being Uzumaki Naruto but contributing much LESS to the dowry.

But that's just my guess. And it could change within a week, depending on Tsunade's fate -- she's a big part of Naruto's clout in those negotiations, and if she were replaced with -- say -- Iruka, he could say the exact same things and not get nearly the same results.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#17 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

I personally feel that when Naruto fins out about his heritage he should change his name to Uzumaki-Namikaze Naruto. He would still use his current surname in introductions though, just like Sakura would be Haruno-Uzumaki Sakura. Makes sense, the first-last name being their original, and the second being paternal or in Sakura's case, Naruto's.

#18 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

This is an interesting topic. I'd go with Sakura Haruno Uzumaki, or Sakura Haruno Namikaze, but I hope for the former. I mean, Uzumaki is like, Naruto's trademark. I can't see it being changed to Namikaze. lulz at Kaowawozski (GENIUS) and Uzukaze (or whatever it was xD)
. Don't Press the red button

#19 light.keyblade.master

light.keyblade.master

Jimi Hendrix Wannabe

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Guitar, NARUTO, Video Games, Basketball, running, biking, writing, swimming, hangin with friends etc. Like to listen to my birds make music. Also PJ's.

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

Uzumaki what else could it be? huh.gif

Note 100th post! w00t.gif

Edited by light.keyblade.master, 29 December 2008 - 03:17 PM.

Ah Daniel. #7. He always was my favorite.

#20 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

for some reason I prefer Uzumaki Sakura or Namikaze Saku, they just have better ring on it. for me at least.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users