• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#21 Random Nobody

Random Nobody

Don't Touch the Flag!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Ramen, Videogames, Anime, Godzilla, Ramen, Horror Movies, NaruSaku, and Ramen

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

Though for the record, I'm like Random Nobody. I prefer crack pairings more than anything else. NaruSaku is only my third favorite pairing.

heh, I'm still considering making "Screw Canon" my slogan tongue.gif

If you like crack pairings go here

#22 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Well if I had to choose, It'd be NaruHina just because it's about Naruto. tongue.gif

SasuSaku actually would make more sense if it even did happen though just because they've been on the same team and are both main-ish characters. Hinata becoming more than a support character would turn her into a Ginny-Sue if ya know what I mean.

Psh I hope neither of them happen. **Goes back to NaruSaku fanfics**
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#23 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Random Nobody @ Feb 25 2007, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh, I'm still considering making "Screw Canon" my slogan tongue.gif

"Screw the Canon, I have crack." XD

#24 Random Nobody

Random Nobody

Don't Touch the Flag!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Ramen, Videogames, Anime, Godzilla, Ramen, Horror Movies, NaruSaku, and Ramen

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:58 PM

EVEN BETTER!

*thinks about making a sig for that* XD

EDIT: Sig done XD

#25 Likes Naruto with all girls

Likes Naruto with all girls

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

Well, to me, both, are, strange pairings until you really start to look at them, I am, as someone above pointed out, a supporter of NaruSaku, however I also like NaruHina, in fact, it's hard for me to say which one I like better....

Sakura, is, a fangirl, let's face it, in the beginning she is weak and has no true commitment to anything other than beating Ino out for Sasuke's affections.

Sasuke is the uninterested avenger

Naruto is the sunny little smitten boy with the hots for Sakura

And Hinata is while a bit of a stalker, crazy about Naruto just too shy to do anything with.

Naruto and Sakura in reality, are never going to happen, their similar personalities would grate against each other, (though Naruto seems to be immune to the effects) which would make any real relationship quite impossible.

Naruto and Hinata on the other hand, Would be a good match, they each have something to bring to the table that would balance each other out. Naruto's loud, braggy, good-natured, and above everything, Confident. Which is exactly what Hinata needs, she, is shy, quiet, good-natured, contemplative, and has no confidence. She would be able to calm him down some, which would in turn make him a better ninja, while he could boost her confidence, something that has been shown by the anime/manga.

Now Sasuke and Sakura on the other hand....

I have no clue.

Sasuke, has always seemed completely uninterested in any member of the opposite sex, (no i'm not of the opinion he's gay, though I do like all those fanfics where Naruto calls him Sas-gay) While Sakura has this ridiculous image of somebody who he just isn't.

I'd appreciate someone replying to this with perhaps some interesting comment of the NaruHina or a better rationale of SasuSaku

Attached Files

#26 Random Nobody

Random Nobody

Don't Touch the Flag!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Likes Naruto with all girls @ Feb 25 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, to me, both, are, strange pairings until you really start to look at them, I am, as someone above pointed out, a supporter of NaruSaku, however I also like NaruHina, in fact, it's hard for me to say which one I like better....

Sakura, is, a fangirl, let's face it, in the beginning she is weak and has no true commitment to anything other than beating Ino out for Sasuke's affections.

Sasuke is the uninterested avenger

Naruto is the sunny little smitten boy with the hots for Sakura

And Hinata is while a bit of a stalker, crazy about Naruto just too shy to do anything with.

Naruto and Sakura in reality, are never going to happen, their similar personalities would grate against each other, (though Naruto seems to be immune to the effects) which would make any real relationship quite impossible.

Naruto and Hinata on the other hand, Would be a good match, they each have something to bring to the table that would balance each other out. Naruto's loud, braggy, good-natured, and above everything, Confident. Which is exactly what Hinata needs, she, is shy, quiet, good-natured, contemplative, and has no confidence. She would be able to calm him down some, which would in turn make him a better ninja, while he could boost her confidence, something that has been shown by the anime/manga.

I have no clue.

Sasuke, has always seemed completely uninterested in any member of the opposite sex, (no i'm not of the opinion he's gay, though I do like all those fanfics where Naruto calls him Sas-gay) While Sakura has this ridiculous image of somebody who he just isn't.

I'd appreciate someone replying to this with perhaps some interesting comment of the NaruHina or a better rationale of SasuSaku

I have to respectfully disagree with your statements about NaruHina. For one, we have never had any indication that Hinata can calm Naruto down as she has never done so. The only thing she has managed to do was get him excited before the Neji fight. As for the Naruto boosting Hinata's confidence, I'd like to point out that well Naruto did boost her confidence before she fought Neji, she shows far less confidence around him. Proof of this is her stutter which, despite fanon, only occurs in the presence of Naruto (at least to the best of my memory, and I know for sure that she never faints around anyone besides Naruto. On the flip side of this, well I'm not trying to be rude, Hinata's effect on Naruto before the Neji fight has been greatly exaggerated many times. Most people seem to think it was a major influence when truthfully nothing she said ever came up during the fight. He only thinks of her in 3 panels and during 2 of these he's thinking of Lee at the same time. For the third one, he's thinking about her problems (proof that Naruto doesn't need to just "realize Hinata's pain" for them to get together like some NH fans seem to think) and he compared her problems to Neji's.

As for your comments on NaruSaku not working out as a real relationship I'd have to disagree again. Their personalities are similar but they are not identical, they have enough differences to compliment each other, with enough in common to stay together, something I find unlikely in the Opposites Attract pairings in which the characters have nothing in common.

This might not be the best post but its kinda late, if you notice any mistakes please point them out and I'll fix them as soon as I can.

#27 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:20 AM

Random Nobody already touched on this, but I disagree with regards to both NaruSaku and NaruHina.

Like I said, I disagree.

Those similarities in personality are exactly why they get along so well.

When Naruto's personality grates on Sakura, she lets him know about it which is what usually cues him to rein it in a notch.

Naruto is exactly the opposite of what Hinata needs.

He's loud, braggy, and confident. If what Hinata is lacking is confident, what she needs is somebody that will quietly help her build her confidence, not drown it out. I think that both Lee (based especially on how he acted when he was hurt) and Neji (after he had his thinking re-aligned by Naruto) can both serve those roles. Lee is the ultimate cheerleader, but doesn't need to be in the center of attention all the time. And Neji learned to be quietly supportive in the first rescue Sasuke arc and was supportive of Hinata's interests while training.

She needs to become more assertive and confident in order to be able to calm him down. As it stands now, she can barely talk to him when he's in his normal mood, much less when hyper. Her being with Naruto would mean that she's already found that confidence which you've cited as her benefit in the relationship.

It doesn't mean that they are impossible as a couple, but them becoming a couple would reflect that they've already changed in those ways. It can happen, but I don't see Kishi devoting much time to developing it so I'm not enthralled by the possibility. Especially since I am enthralled by NaruSaku. wub.gif

I have no clue.

I've got nothing here.

#28 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:03 AM

A person or character can change, naruhina is very possible as is Sasusaku. From the looks of it Narusaku is actually becoming much stronger mostly because they spend so much time together now. hopefully this wont turn out like Harry Potter, where that girl came out of nowhere and hit a homerun with Harry. If that happened with Hinata and Naruto then it wouldnt be good, even though I am a Naruhina fan, there is also a limit to what is good and what is bad, If its gonna happen then Hinata needs more Air time, I dont think the author is going to make it into a Naruhina unless Hinata starts spening more time with Naruto in the Manga.
Makes me wonder what Kishi is thinking as he writes.

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Random Nobody @ Feb 25 2007, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EVEN BETTER!

*thinks about making a sig for that* XD

EDIT: Sig done XD

I have to admit, I love the sig biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30 Kalluri Vaanil

Kalluri Vaanil

When we bleed we bleed the same

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

I was a big Sasuke and Sakura fan before all that crazy stuff happened and Sasuke left the team. Sasuke would've been great for Sakura if he wasn't the person he became. I mean... he just can't have a normal life. He's an avenger. He cut his bonds off with Sasuke and Sakura. At this point, I don't see it working out. I think that in the long run it was better for Sakura, because of that, she got stronger. She wasn't as "helpless", I should say, as she was when Sasuke was around. Not to say that Sakura's helpess, she just got soooo much stronger and awakened her full potential because of Sasuke leaving.

Guh? I'm not making sense now. But yeah, the people Sasuke and Sakura are right now... alot of things have happened, including Sakura having blossoming feelings for Naruto.

NaruHina's cute. I wasn't against it in Part I, nor am I really against it now, but NaruSaku's just too good to give up. What SasuSaku and NaruHina had was made 10 times more awesome in NaruSaku.

The situations with SasuSaku and NaruHina I think, are (were) like this.

Sakura -----> Sasuke (Who may have liked her back too, afterall, he did show concern for her... he never hated her, so who's to say that he could never bring himself to love her?... But that was the problem. He just couldn't accept her love.)

Hinata -----> Naruto (Naruto's a clueless idiot. I mean that in the nicest way. He just has no idea about what Hinata feels for him, and plus, he still has a strong crush on Sakura-chan. The real question is, will he just forget about his feelings for Sakura and go for Hinata if she confessed to him? Hmm... I'm not sure. It's not that easy.)

#31 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

I like NaruHina better than SasuSaku! biggrin.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#32 #1NuckleHeadNinja

#1NuckleHeadNinja

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

i don't honestly like either of them but i like SasuSaku even less just because of Sasuke leaving Sakura the way he did. and for her to end up w/ him after she seems to have matured would just be a total disappointment to me dry.gif

#33 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

Naruto and Hinata are too different! Opposites do not really attract at all (magnets do, but not people really)! News articles are finding that marriages or couples that are similar work best (both Naruto and Sakura are similar)! But they do have their small opposites, like Naruto being stupid and rash and Sakura being smart and rash too but can control herself better! Couples that are opposites can work, but it requires a lot more compromises in a relationship compare to similars. sad.gif

Like, Sakura and Sasuke, they are a bit opposite and Sakura did not appreciate that Sasuke never talked to her. She even said that when he was leaving Konoha, "Why do you never talk to me (with tears on her eys)!" and Sasuke just emotionlessly said why should he (but that is a part of Sasuke's personality, so should she not compromise with that?) sad.gif She did not like that idea very much, it could still be possible for SakuraxSasuke, but I am thinking that NarutoxSakura might be the winner instead! I hope though! smile.gif

#34 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

But needing some acknowledgement and communication is part of Sakura's personality IMO.

They can't force the others to change and should accept that. Which is (part of) why I don't think they should be together as a couple. It's not so much of an issue if they're "just" friends because presumably it means that Sakura has somebody (Naruto!) that she can share that level of intimacy and who will share it with her. He's not there yet, but he's not quite as bottled up as Sasuke.

Theoretically, Sakura and Sasuke could be a couple with that distance and Sakura would still share that greater emotional intimacy with Naruto, but that sounds backwards to me and like a recipe for trouble down the line.

#35 thekonohaGANGSTA

thekonohaGANGSTA

Kenpachi Fried Chicken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

well i just cant seem to pick any of the choices given ARRGGHHH... :headbash: th_cussing.gif its hard to separate my fave pairing!!!! my head hurts arg.gif just thinkin that naruto would end up with hinata and sakura end up with sasuke!!!! rawr.gif ahh time for my crazy mode to operate!!! crazy mode on!! ahhh duhh... wacko.gif maybe i would chuuse waruto shinata kowple pwease!! wacko.gif

#36 Laylah

Laylah

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

well where start..........so first i must apologize to sasuke fans: im sorry but now i have to be rude towards your favourite

soooo im not seeing sasusaku ever to happen, because sasuke left the village and now he's the main antagonist in the story after he killed orochimaru.....so there's no way they can be together.....unless sakura will turn into antagonist also and will go search for sasuke, but that's not what will most likely happen because if sakura would want to go she wouldn't wait 3 years, she will go prompty after he left the village. and i don't want sasusaku pairing! it's because sakura is my favourite while i don't like sasuke. he is alway so cold, selfish, acting like he's the center of universe and he never cared about anyone, just himself.....and his attitude! I'M SOOO COOOOOOL......i hate it! such a hollow person!

im not against naruhina, coz i know it's impossible, hinata is too shy and unmatured to have a relationship...so im not afraid that hinata could stole naruto coz naruto belongs to sakura..........thats my opinion tongue.gif happy.gif

sakura with naruto like they are now are great together.........in the beginning of naruto they weren't so ment to each other....i even didn't like sakura coz she was kinda shallow and liked only sasuke and naruto was just coward, dumb kid. but they were growing through the story and sakura with naruto grew strong and confident.....now they are great, especially sakura happy.gif

#37 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Dislike SasuSaku, Dislike NaruHina.

Why? Plain and simple: SasuSaku and NaruHina both do not have any decent structure. Sasuke and Sakura are very dissimilar, and the same goes with Naruto and Hinata. Both Naruto and Sakura share similar pains, similar personality traits, and they have great chemistry in the past oh, I dunno, 150 chapters or so.

Even pre-timeskip, if you pay attention carefully, Naruto and Sakura (inner sakura mostly) act very similar.

SasuSaku doesn't work because Sasuke is an @$$-tard and is too bent on revenge, and being evil.

NaruHina... well... we haven't seen Hinata in... how many chapters? *can't recall seeing her at all* And even if team Kurenai does get an arc (which doesn't seem likely right now, because we're too focused on Sasuke) Does that immediately mean that Naruto will drop Sakura like a hot pot and suddenly realize that he's had feelings for Hinata all this time? Highly unlikely.

And I don't like crack pairings... they just don't seem to make sense to me... They're pulled from thin air, with no soild evidence to back them up.

At the rate the manga is going now, I believe SasuNaru, or even Orochimaru x Lee's squirrel, would happen before SasuSaku or NaruHina. Then again, that's just my opinon.

Here is an article that show studies on the whole contreversy if opposites really attract:

Article 1

My thoughts on the "opposties attract" excuse:

Sure they attract, but the saying goes: opposites attract, but don't wear well together. In the long run, if you find that you're partner is polar opposite of you, you loose intrest because there are so many things like conflicting personalties, ideals, and behaviors that just don't work well together.

The best type of relationship that works IMO is one that has two individuals who are similar, but also have their differences. You need the glue of similarity to bond you together, but also need differences so you do not become bored with one another.

Naruto and Sakura share similarities in behavior, in the fact that they are upsetted by the lateness of their sensei, their determination, and their similar ideas. They also have similar goals: Getting Sasuke back, taking down akatsuki, ect. And also share similar pains: Sasuke leaving, naruto's jinchuriki problem.

Sakura is aware that Naruto has the kyuubi inside him, and she feels that everything she does for him is too small, but still tries to be there. Hinata is unaware of the kyuubi, and Naruto's true nature.

Sakura, out of all the girls, knows Naruto the best because they're teammates and they've shared experiences and growth together.

Naruto, has feelings for Sakura. It is still displayed before and after timeskip. Sakura is portrayed right now as slowly developing feelings for Naruto.

Naruto is unaware of Hinata's feelings - a relationship takes two people to make it.

Naruto and Sakura have differences - Sakura's incredibly smart, she differs in the areas of combat, and not all her personality traits match those of Naruto's.

The combinations of these instances make for a great compatibility between the two, far stronger than Naruto & Hinata or Sakura & Sasuke. NaruHina and SasuSaku lack DEVELOPMENT and CHEMISTRY. They have, more or less, come to a stand still after the chuunin exams, and have yet to be developed further. It will take a great deal of time and effort if kishi wishes to develop either pairing, and it could potentially ruin the story plot.

Hinata is a side character, and probably will remain one. As Kishi put it, her theme was to believe in yourself. She should be her own person, and become strong not because of Naruto, but her will to push herself and stand up against her clan.

Sasuke has crossed the line. He's taken down Orochimaru, and is bent on revenge. His goals seem to be Kill Itachi, that's all that matter to him.

There is a large gap between Sasuke and Sakura. There is also a large gap between Naruto and Hinata, but there barely exsists a gap between Naruto and Sakura, which is why I believe that this pairing takes the cake.

Nice "Ginny-sue" comment Strudel. XD I know whatcha mean. It's all like, wtf, what was J.K. Rowling smoking when she wrote the sixth book?!

#38 Wildgoatchild

Wildgoatchild

Killing ur d00dz since 1991

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:....LOLICON!

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

I loath NaruHina with a vengance.

I haven't exactly pinpointed why I hate this paring with such unadulterated fury(Besides the fact that it breaks up my OTP) though I'm starting to susepct it's because I started out the fandom as a mentaly unstable Naruto fangirl, and perceived the poor little kunoichi as a direct threat.(Ah, I was so jelous and stupid back then. God knows how I managed to keep a girlfriend)

Mainly though, I suspect it's because it lacks dynamic. It's boring. I've never been able to sit through more than a oneshot because there's simply nothing to write about. It's so easy. All we'd need is for Naruto to notice Hinata, and for Hinata to grow a backbone and fess up, (Neither of which are very likely to happen.) and BAM! You've got yourself a couple.

Also, because Hinata is way too much of a sidecharacter. I mean, c'mon, she's only appeared once in Shippuunden, and it was only for, what, two or three pannels? And you can't exactly call the "Naruto remembered her name" logic to your defense, because he remembered everyone's name, exept Shino, because he came back looking like a crack dealer.

SasuSaku, on the other hand, well, I hate it too, but not near as much. I never really liked Sasuke, and could care less what happens to him at the end of the series. (I'm actually hoping Naruto will tear him into shreds) But I adored Sakura from the getgo, and always thought she could do way better. However, there is enough of a dynamic between the two to make for an interesting story. I've forced myself through more than a few.

I'll stop now, because this post is becoming too laced with personal opinion. My apologies.

#39 thekonohaGANGSTA

thekonohaGANGSTA

Kenpachi Fried Chicken

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Wildgoatchild @ Mar 30 2007, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loath NaruHina with a vengance.

I haven't exactly pinpointed why I hate this paring with such unadulterated fury(Besides the fact that it breaks up my OTP) though I'm starting to susepct it's because I started out the fandom as a mentaly unstable Naruto fangirl, and perceived the poor little kunoichi as a direct threat.(Ah, I was so jelous and stupid back then. God knows how I managed to keep a girlfriend)

Mainly though, I suspect it's because it lacks dynamic. It's boring. I've never been able to sit through more than a oneshot because there's simply nothing to write about. It's so easy. All we'd need is for Naruto to notice Hinata, and for Hinata to grow a backbone and fess up, (Neither of which are very likely to happen.) and BAM! You've got yourself a couple.

Also, because Hinata is way too much of a sidecharacter. I mean, c'mon, she's only appeared once in Shippuunden, and it was only for, what, two or three pannels? And you can't exactly call the "Naruto remembered her name" logic to your defense, because he remembered everyone's name, exept Shino, because he came back looking like a crack dealer.

SasuSaku, on the other hand, well, I hate it too, but not near as much. I never really liked Sasuke, and could care less what happens to him at the end of the series. (I'm actually hoping Naruto will tear him into shreds) But I adored Sakura from the getgo, and always thought she could do way better. However, there is enough of a dynamic between the two to make for an interesting story. I've forced myself through more than a few.

I'll stop now, because this post is becoming too laced with personal opinion. My apologies.

i totally agree with you!!! and also about writing a oneshot about naruto and hinata woo can you call that entertaining? the plots would be just your typical boy notices girl and girl instantly drops her panties so that the boy suddenly thinks i love this girl she immediately wants some smecks of story blah blah blah!!!... and sorry about what i said about naruto hinata fanfics or oneshots. its just that i dont find them interesting enough no tragedy,no unrequited love and specially! no the girl i love hates my stinkin guts kinda plot.. and dont get me any wrong ideas here cause i really love hinata but not with naruto just hinata and another guy would be fine!!!(or HYUUGACEST!!) :XD: narusaku 4 evah!! peace out to you all! :thumbs:

#40 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

First thread I reply to!

NARUHINA. I actually like that pairing. SasuSaku is gross to me. tongue.gif This thread should have had a poll! It reminds me of these threads:

http://forums.naruto...ad.php?t=125128

http://forums.naruto...ad.php?t=192299

NaruHina >>> SasuSaku. XD;

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users