#81 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Doesn't really have to be Sakura or Karin... could just be a random girl. Why limit the choices to two?

#82 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 15 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, apparently people think I am either stupid or blind, but have yet to see my point, so I will break this down.

I KNOW SasuSaku died a LOOOOONNNNNGGG, no need to explain that to me. Better to try and explain that to the fans that still believe this couple will happen and to those who believe that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke.

I KNOW that Sasuke is not capable of love what so ever. He has gone past the point of no return. I said that many times already.

I KNOW that if Karin is being real about her feelings, then she is being stupid and really Sasuke doesn;t deserve anyone.

I KNOW that he has stabbed her and left her to die, but again that hasn't stopped other pairing fans shipping Sasuke with people or saying that he can't be redeemed. Supposedly the whole "If Sakura loves him he can be redeemed." We could use the argument "Well, if Karin loves him, it can be the same thing." Again, IF sasuke can be redeemed at all.

HOWEVER

- If Kishi HAD to put Sasuke with someone, would you rather it be with Karin or Sakura? What if this was the ONLY choice and you had to put one girl of these girls with them. Now see how we are all NaruSaku fans I doubt you want Sakura to end up with Sasuke.

- If Karin really means by what she says, then we could use this argument against the other pairs. They always want to use Hinata's feelings or Sakura's feelings on why SasuSaku should happen. Now here we can use the same argument "Well, if Karin loves him, what about her?" Again, one more strike against SasuSaku.

- If it gets the the point across that SasuSaku us dead, then so be it. At least it makes sense since it seems that Karin and Sasuke have a history together. Like Naruto and Sakura. If anything that couple is more likely to happen then SasuSaku...and that pairing is never going to happen.

You guys see now?

Fight fire with fire I'd say. If they try to use an argument against us using the logic of Sakura's feelings, then we just fire back with Karin's feelings. Regardless, if SasuKarin happens or not, we have an answer to some arguments people try to use against us. That's my point.

If you think Karin is stupid for it, fine, but if she has to take a bullet to get the SasuSaku people to shut up cause apparently him being an a-hole is not enough evidence, then so be it.

Um.....I simply don't care about what SasuSaku fan people say. This isn't a let's shove our pairing down other people's throat. If they're wrong, they'll find out sooner or later.

Karin getting with Sasuke is just as bad as Sasuke getting with Sakura.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#83 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 15 2012, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, apparently people think I am either stupid or blind, but have yet to see my point, so I will break this down.

I KNOW SasuSaku died a LOOOOONNNNNGGG, no need to explain that to me. Better to try and explain that to the fans that still believe this couple will happen and to those who believe that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke.

I KNOW that Sasuke is not capable of love what so ever. He has gone past the point of no return. I said that many times already.

I KNOW that if Karin is being real about her feelings, then she is being stupid and really Sasuke doesn;t deserve anyone.

I KNOW that he has stabbed her and left her to die, but again that hasn't stopped other pairing fans shipping Sasuke with people or saying that he can't be redeemed. Supposedly the whole "If Sakura loves him he can be redeemed." We could use the argument "Well, if Karin loves him, it can be the same thing." Again, IF sasuke can be redeemed at all.

HOWEVER

- If Kishi HAD to put Sasuke with someone, would you rather it be with Karin or Sakura? What if this was the ONLY choice and you had to put one girl of these girls with them. Now see how we are all NaruSaku fans I doubt you want Sakura to end up with Sasuke.

- If Karin really means by what she says, then we could use this argument against the other pairs. They always want to use Hinata's feelings or Sakura's feelings on why SasuSaku should happen. Now here we can use the same argument "Well, if Karin loves him, what about her?" Again, one more strike against SasuSaku.

- If it gets the the point across that SasuSaku us dead, then so be it. At least it makes sense since it seems that Karin and Sasuke have a history together. Like Naruto and Sakura. If anything that couple is more likely to happen then SasuSaku...and that pairing is never going to happen.

You guys see now?

Fight fire with fire I'd say. If they try to use an argument against us using the logic of Sakura's feelings, then we just fire back with Karin's feelings. Regardless, if SasuKarin happens or not, we have an answer to some arguments people try to use against us. That's my point.

If you think Karin is stupid for it, fine, but if she has to take a bullet to get the SasuSaku people to shut up cause apparently him being an a-hole is not enough evidence, then so be it.

Oh I get your point now. So basically the point of this is just to delude the delusional more? tongue.gif

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#84 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 15 2012, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It may be an explanation, but it's an exceptionally weak one that still makes the guards look bad.

1. They're too weak to take it or dumb to take it. If it takes more than just the two of them then so be it. They shouldn't allow that to happen. Period.

and

2. That behavior should be an immediate red flag, but apparently it's "odd" and the write it off.

She's a freaking ninja trained in stealth and deception like them and they let her keep personal property without bothering to check it? Shouldn't that be the standard operating procedure to check that stuff? They aren't even looking underneath. Hell, how would they even know if it was a scroll because from your post it doesn't even sound like they bothered to check?

Sorry, but those guys are morons.

It's, at this point, a minor detail, and I probably shouldn't care, but geez, it's like the explanation of letting a bunch of genin and newly minted chuunin run after the last Uchiha (everyone else was occupied)...it's there. It's an explanation, but it's a crappy one that is tough to buy.

I've got to really stretch the imagination to let this one go.

How did they become one of the most powerful ninja villages again?

I've never seen the movie. Now I want to.

Yeah, it is. There are several typos, including the chapter number, which read 576 when I looked it.

They are just a bunch of circus clowns Nate.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#85 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 15 2012, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't really have to be Sakura or Karin... could just be a random girl. Why limit the choices to two?

I think he'll be so busy repairing the most basic bonds that he has spent most of the series stomping all over that he is unlikely to end up with anyone, unless Kishimoto does an ending that gives a glimpse of life well into the future. Then, all bets are off. Of the known options, and I hate to say this, I think Karin is the most likely (after nobody).

I don't think your dumb. I answered the question you asked.

That said...I'm still with Omega. I largely don't give a crap what they think or even if they accept what happens. That's their problem, not mine. I debate them because I enjoy it. Nothing more.

Thing is, I don't want him to end up with either. I'm pretty adament about that.

If I felt I HAD to choose then that means he has boxed himself into a corner so tight he could not plausibly pair him within anyone else or no one at all and if that is the case I will strongly consider reading something else because there is no good reason to do that, especially when romance is really an ancillary issue for his character.

He's relevant to pairings debates because he is a target of other people's affections, but he's never been a serious player himself.

As I said, if he fast fowards to the future then who knows because he has the easily available....well, it's been X years and a lot can happen. Given the overall development, I'd say Karin is more likely than Sakura, but a random girl is not outside the relm of possibility since he has not really been active in the pairing wars.

I KNOW that he has stabbed her and left her to die, but again that hasn't stopped other pairing fans shipping Sasuke with people or saying that he can't be redeemed. Supposedly the whole "If Sakura loves him he can be redeemed." We could use the argument "Well, if Karin loves him, it can be the same thing." Again, IF sasuke can be redeemed at al

But we don't need that because I think both would be wrong. If he's redeemed, it'll be Naruto. Sasuke's motivation lies in his hatred of Itachi and then Konoha. The person who has taken it upon himself to end that hatred and the cycle in general is Naruto. Everyone else will be support. Naruto and Sasuke are so out of almost everyone else's league it's not even funny.

I'd rather him not dump all over Karin just to hand me a weapon I don't even need.

If he kills Itachi, I kill him.

But Itachi is already dead and he already did it once.

#86 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 15 2012, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think your dumb. I answered the question you asked.

That said...I'm still with Omega. I largely don't give a crap what they think or even if they accept what happens. That's their problem, not mine. I debate them because I enjoy it. Nothing more.

I didn't ask a question. I debate too to enjoy it and I am saying this can be used as a counter retort to their supposedly "flawless" logic that because someone cares about someone else means they automatically love them.

Thing is, I don't want him to end up with either. I'm pretty adament about that.

If I felt I HAD to choose then that means he has boxed himself into a corner so tight he could not plausibly pair him within anyone else or no one at all and if that is the case I will strongly consider reading something else because there is no good reason to do that, especially when romance is really an ancillary issue for his character.

Honestly, I don't really care what happens to Sasuke or Karin, or the pairing they are affiliated with. To be blunt with you, you sound like you are saying Karin has no purpose at all. As we know, we can't get rid of emotions for others. It's not so easy when you fall in love one minute and the next you hate them. I would like to believe this is true, but it's not always true. I am an example to it when my wife left me and took my daughter. She hurt me, but a part of me stills loves her.

Per-chance the same could be said for Karin. Maybe her emotions are genuine still, but like Sakura she is conflicted. I don't like the idea either, but it is still possible. Same with many fans who still think Sasuke is still a great guy despite how much of a bad guy Kishi has portrayed him.

He's relevant to pairings debates because he is a target of other people's affections, but he's never been a serious player himself. As I said, if he fast forwards to the future then who knows because he has the easily available....well, it's been X years and a lot can happen. Given the overall development, I'd say Karin is more likely than Sakura, but a random girl is not outside the relm of possibility since he has not really been active in the pairing wars.

The same could be said for any pairing in the series, but could you accept that with Naruto? Sakura? After all that development, you want Kishi to just cop-out and say "Well, they end up with people you never knew and never saw before...ever." I am a man who believes that a good story is based around development. If a character goes through all this development, only to have a cop-out where he ends up with a random unknown person, then what was the whole point of all that non-sense development in the story? What was the point of ten years of writing to end like that?

That is even worse writing than anything. Again, look at the Wonder Years ending. That has to be one of the worst endings to a great TV show and it's mind boggling that writers do this. At least with Sasuke and Karin you have something to work off of. And we know Sakura won't go with someone random because Kishi already showed that a random ninja expressed interest and she turned them down saying she was in love with someone else.

AND if Karin ends up helping Sasuke redeem himself then everybody wins...well almost everyone. Sasuke gets redeemed and he has a girl who loves him, while Naruto and Sakura go their own way and no one really dies. If you are a good enough writer, you can make it work even if it means Sasuke goes to a land where he can't be found. I would be satisfied with that ending as I would with Sasuke dying. Why can't we have both?

At least it will give Karin a purpose and not just a character who is there. I would like to think she has more purpose than what she is doing now and that is...nothing.

But we don't need that because I think both would be wrong. If he's redeemed, it'll be Naruto. Sasuke's motivation lies in his hatred of Itachi and then Konoha. The person who has taken it upon himself to end that hatred and the cycle in general is Naruto. Everyone else will be support. Naruto and Sasuke are so out of almost everyone else's league it's not even funny.

That doesn't stop the fans. You know that, I know that. But at least you have some firepower and an answer to something when you go into a debate, otherwise why go into the debate at all?

Power is not just in strength and jutsu. Naruto can't do everything for Sasuke. He can't provide THAT kind of love. Yeah he is a brother and friend, but love is much more than that. There is many levels and many forms of it and a friend or a brother/sister cannot love you like a lover can.

I'd rather him not dump all over Karin just to hand me a weapon I don't even need.

"You can never have too many guns"
-Johnny Gat.

At least you have SOMETHING and not just make it up. To me, the more answers I can give, the better my argument is. Otherwise people waver from your own point. Even if it seems like a minor detail, even such can bring down an argument. So you at least have it in your back pocket.

AND, if that is the case, what is the point of Karin at all? That the big question., If you think she makes no impact now, then she never made any impact at all. Since Kishi has something up his sleeve with her, she must have a great purpose that could change anything in the series. Everyone wants to say her emotions are fake, but what happens if they are not? You claim her stupid. Fair enough, but what other purpose can she have? She is apart of Sasuke whether we like it or not and she knows who he is.

Like some have said, why is she breaking out of jail?

"She breaks out of jail to do nothing, with nobody so she can do nothing to prevent nothing and become one with nothing so she can change nothing and be no importance what so ever"
^^^This is what I see when I am reading the comments about Karin

Or would it be easier to believe

"Her purpose is Sasuke, she is breaking out to find Sasuke and possibly try and stop him. Since she still has feelings for him, she might have a similar idea as Naruto and want to stop him from killing everyone. Or she knows something we don't know about yet and she could stop Sasuke with it."

We will wait and see, but I refuse to believe Kishi has no purpose for her anymore. She has something and my money is on something to do with Sasuke. Until otherwise stated nothing is proven or dis-proven. She is not breaking out of jail for Naruto. lol That would be a BIG practical joke.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 15 2012, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be Ino, Could be Ten-Ten, could be Naruto? Why does it have to be a girl? Kind of point that there are "pairing fans" and "fan clubs"

Like I said, if it just some random girl. That's poor writing and a cop-out. Much better if you can make it work with a character we already know. Otherwise, pair Naruto up with a random girl. Doubt you would be happy with that. I know I would.

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Feb 15 2012, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um.....I simply don't care about what SasuSaku fan people say. This isn't a let's shove our pairing down other people's throat. If they're wrong, they'll find out sooner or later.

No, see, you're not shoving our pairing down their throats. If we are, then we would be saying what you just said right there. bolded.
"I don't care what they say. I'm right, they are wrong. End of story."

If you really see it as shoving it down their throats, I hope you don't go into debates. You prove your point is the correct based on facts you can see. Every fact can be used to support or deny your claim.

Debating is NOT shoving our pairing down their throats. If you see it that way, then you debate wrong. If you don't like to debate, then my post are pointless to you, but if you do, my point stands. It's up to you how you use the info you are given and chances are, this factor will be used somewhere by someone.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 February 2012 - 06:04 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#87 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

At this point, does it really matter if Sasuke gets with Karin or not? As of now, Sasuke isnt going to get with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Current evidence shows that he has no intentions of recuperating the bonds he is trying to break, even if Itachi encounters him. Sasuke has his mind set, and when he's going to fight the army, someone's gonna die, be it him or the others. Well, thats based on what we know currently, anyway.

#88 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

I think it boils down to this: if you like SasuKarin one way or the other, you're fine with her still having feelings for Sasuke.

However, I think for a lot of us who didn't like her (or the pairing) in the first place, no matter how convenient that would be for NaruSaku, the idea that she would like him takes away the shred of respect we had for her when she made the decision to leave him. From really, really early on, like at her introduction, I was completely against the SasuKarin bandwagon many people on this site jumped on. Recent events have cemented that for me forever. The only time I liked Karin's character was that brief interaction she and Sakura shared.

Team Sasuke was really awkward here. Suigetsu was my favourite out of the three, but he lost his charm here. I had hoped his answer would be something similar to "I'm sticking along for the ride to see how everything plays out". Sasuke, being how he is, I can't imagine as a team player anymore. He doesn't need them, and he shouldn't care about them. So... What is their point?

Their parts should have been more resolved/better handled. This chapter was disappointing in comparison to what we got the the week before. The only good point for me is seeing Sasuke. He is relevant, and necessary for the completion of this manga. His presence is another step closer. Everyone seems to be moving toward Naruto now. Oh, I lied, also that bit with Itachi was exciting. I want to see that clash. Itachi would be rolling over in his grave, if he was still in it.

#89 Turson

Turson

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

"by killing all of you in konoha- the purification will consist of cutting all the bonds with you- that will be the true restoration of the Uchiha Clan"

ಸ_ಸ

and then he kills naruto

that's his plan.

Nope, you are completely wrong with that. Sasuke made promise with Naruto that he will kill him first. He plans to kill rest of Konohas shinobis later.

#90 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

@James S Cassidy

Trust me I want Sasuke out off the way, but thinking that he should not be engaged with Karin is just wrong in many levels.
That's is the same thing NH and SS do, they are the biggest hypocrits.

They crucify a lie even with the fact that Sakura did it to help Naruto, but they look kindly at Sasuke murder attempt. Sasuke try to kill Sakura, but according to them is ok well because Sakura loves him...

Now Sasuke try to kill Karin but is ok because whe want Sasuke out of Naruto's way...

Thats the Same thing you are doing you want Sasuke out of the way, so you we will like to hook him up with Karin, that's the same thing the others do....

Now what about Kishi using this as an excuse to say that no matter what Sakura will always love Sasuke even after all the kitten he did, if Karin can still love Sasuke why Sakura can't still love him when she was more sincere about her feelings, I really hope not and this is all an act by Karin side because we all know that Kishi love to force things in are throats.

#91 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have to say I'm finding silly how people are over analyzing such an trivial thing as romance in Naruto. Sorry, but I think this is just what happened. It became trivial. Apart from the lovely dovey romance beetwen Minato and Kushina, the other romances became destructive (sasusaku, sasukarin) totally onesided (naruhina) or just non-existent (narusaku) Kishimoto just stoped treating romantic relashionships seriously on the manga. Narusaku, wich is supposed to be main pairing in the manga now, don't get any screen time whatsoever. To an point that I nearly don't care anymore. You know, about two years ago, if Narusaku became canon, I probally would be overjoyed just like anyone else here, but today, if it were to happen, you better not expect anything more then an "eh... nice, I guess", from me.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#92 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Feb 16 2012, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Team Sasuke was really awkward here. Suigetsu was my favourite out of the three, but he lost his charm here. I had hoped his answer would be something similar to "I'm sticking along for the ride to see how everything plays out". Sasuke, being how he is, I can't imagine as a team player anymore. He doesn't need them, and he shouldn't care about them. So... What is their point?

Their parts should have been more resolved/better handled. This chapter was disappointing in comparison to what we got the the week before. The only good point for me is seeing Sasuke. He is relevant, and necessary for the completion of this manga. His presence is another step closer. Everyone seems to be moving toward Naruto now. Oh, I lied, also that bit with Itachi was exciting. I want to see that clash. Itachi would be rolling over in his grave, if he was still in it.

I think their entire existence has been awkward. Given Sasuke's stated goals and his intent from the moment he left Konoha to sever all his bonds I always thought the formation of the team was odd. I though it even more bizarre when he changed the name from Snake to Hawk and some of the things he said about that. To me, their existence never fit with most of things coming from his mouth.

#93 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've been wondering for a while... didn't Karin gave hints about a chance to liking Naruto?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a NaruSaku fans without hesitation. But I seem to remember that Karin was someone who admire Sasuke because of his "cool" chakra. And when "cool" became "cold", she gave up on Sasuke. However, she felt the Naruto's warm chakra (along with Kurama's chakra, of course). BUt is just that ever since I saw that, I found it pointless that Karin would go again for Sasuke...

...just saying.

#94 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 16 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say I'm finding silly how people are over analyzing such an trivial thing as romance in Naruto. Sorry, but I think this is just what happened. It became trivial. Apart from the lovely dovey romance beetwen Minato and Kushina, the other romances became destructive (sasusaku, sasukarin) totally onesided (naruhina) or just non-existent (narusaku) Kishimoto just stoped treating romantic relashionships seriously on the manga. Narusaku, wich is supposed to be main pairing in the manga now, don't get any screen time whatsoever. To an point that I nearly don't care anymore. You know, about two years ago, if Narusaku became canon, I probally would be overjoyed just like anyone else here, but today, if it were to happen, you better not expect anything more then an "eh... nice, I guess", from me.

I have to disagree that NaruSaku is non-existent. It is there, hinted in a subtle way. Whether it will be the final pairing or not, we dont know yet -- I hope it will. Some people give a damn about this matter a lot, some don't. Which is totally ok, we are free to express ourselves, regardless of what the outcome would be. The spectrum of the readers is quite large, volume-wise and variety-wise. So, I think Kishi is doing all he could to balance all these.

I do agree that romance became trivial, because I think it is dragged over and over again. We keep bumping back to square one: Hinata -> Naruto -> Sakura -> Sasuke/Naruto??. Nothing is new for almost 10 years, but at least for NS, there is a constant development (positive and negative). It may not be a frontal statement or a big bang (yet), but it's there to keep the fanbase hoping...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#95 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 16 2012, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I guess I can sort of see where you're coming from. Basically, just that a pairing needs constant development and panel-time in order to remain interesting to the reader. I don't think lack of this really makes it trivial though. Compared to most mangaka I've seen, Kishi seems to be pretty blatant with romance in his manga. Show me another mangaka with 3+ love confessions in their story, and I'll bite my words, but I'd say romance plays a much bigger role in the story than a lot of other manga.

On top of that, for a lot of readers, including myself, characters drive the story more so than the actual plot. This is probably the main reason I'm still reading Fairy Tail, to be honest. Obviously this varies from reader to reader, but I'd say a fair amount of Naruto fans feel the same way. In Naruto, with how expositional Kishi is with the romantic subplot, romance and pairings play a big part in how the characters appeal to the reader. For example, if Sasu/Saku were to happen, I'd probably be disappointed in what Kishi's done to Sakura's character, and probably lose interest in the character herself. And seeing as how she's one of my favorite characters, losing interest in her character would probably lead to me caring less about the manga as a whole. So I don't think something that could make readers actually stop caring about the manga itself can really be deemed trivial.

As for Naru/Saku being non-existent, I definitely disagree with that. Even though Kishi is generally pretty obvious with the romantic stuff, there are much bigger issues going on in the manga right now. Kishi just seems to enjoy focusing on unrequited feelings, and, since Naruto isn't pairing fodder, it's only natural that we see less of his side of things. I can definitely see why lack of panel-time can make fans lose interest, but if it really starves a pairing, then I'd say N/H has starved to death like 6 or 7 times already. tongue.gif

Anyways, that's just my stance. I certainly don't think everyone should be forced to care about pairings here. Seeing as how this a Shipping FC, though, I'd like to think that the converse holds true as well, and that it's not "silly" for people to want to analyze romance in a place like this. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 16 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#96 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 16 2012, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I guess I can sort of see where you're coming from. Basically, just that a pairing needs constant development and panel-time in order to remain interesting to the reader. I don't think lack of this really makes it trivial though. Compared to most mangaka I've seen, Kishi seems to be pretty blatant with romance in his manga. Show me another mangaka with 3+ love confessions in their story, and I'll bite my words, but I'd say romance plays a much bigger role in the story than a lot of other manga.

On top of that, for a lot of readers, including myself, characters drive the story more so than the actual plot. This is probably the main reason I'm still reading Fairy Tail, to be honest. Obviously this varies from reader to reader, but I'd say a fair amount of Naruto fans feel the same way. In Naruto, with how expositional Kishi is with the romantic subplot, romance and pairings play a big part in how the characters appeal to the reader. For example, if Sasu/Saku were to happen, I'd probably be disappointed in what Kishi's done to Sakura's character, and probably lose interest in the character herself. And seeing as how she's one of my favorite characters, losing interest in her character would probably lead to me caring less about the manga as a whole. So I don't think something that could make readers actually stop caring about the manga itself can really be deemed trivial.

As for Naru/Saku being non-existent, I definitely disagree with that. Even though Kishi is generally pretty obvious with the romantic stuff, there are much bigger issues going on in the manga right now. Kishi just seems to enjoy focusing on unrequited feelings, and, since Naruto isn't pairing fodder, it's only natural that we see less of his side of things. I can definitely see why lack of panel-time can make fans lose interest, but if it really starves a pairing, then I'd say N/H has starved to death like 6 or 7 times already. tongue.gif

Anyways, that's just my stance. I certainly don't think everyone should be forced to care about pairings here. Seeing as how this a Shipping FC, though, I'd like to think that the converse holds true as well, and that it's not "silly" for people to want to analyze romance in a place like this. happy.gif

He is not that blatant in romance, the whole naruhinasaku thing is hard to really figure out, when you think the development will go somewere, nothing really happens. A manga with 3 love confessions? What about rave master?

To me is quite the opposite, I grew so uninterested of the marority of the characters, and the few ones that I care, rarely show up. So the plot is what really moving the manga for me. And I'm not saying we all should be forced to care about the pairings, is just that some people get so obsessed with them, that they start to look for hints and possibilities that are not even there.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#97 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 16 2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is not that blatant in romance, the whole naruhinasaku thing is hard to really figure out, when you think the development will go somewere, nothing really happens. A manga with 3 love confessions? What about rave master?

I guess when I think "blatant", I think of it as more of the author giving something a lot of panel-time, not necessarily having an obvious endgame. To me, I just have a tough time seeing something as 'trivial' when the author puts an almost excessive amount of development into that part of the plot.

And LOL, I forgot about Rave Master. I guess I generally treat Mashima stories a little differently. tongue.gif My point though, is just that Kishi definitely isn't as subtle with the romantic aspect of the plot as a lot of mangaka out there.

To me is quite the opposite, I grew so uninterested of the marority of the characters, and the few ones that I care, rarely show up. So the plot is what really moving the manga for me. And I'm not saying we all should be forced to care about the pairings, is just that some people get so obsessed with them, that they start to look for hints and possibilities that are not even there.

To each their own really, but the plot itself hasn't really had me jumping out of my seat for a while now. There are a few plot points I want to see resolved, mainly Tobi's identity and Naruto's relationship with the Tailed Beasts, but the story itself has started to feel formulaic to me. I'm more interested in seeing the characters involved, including the ones that initially drew me into the story, even if Kishi isn't doing the best job of showing them off. Which is a shame really, since seeing all your favorite characters seems to me like the biggest selling point of a War Arc. It felt like Kishi initially wanted to show everyone fighting, then he just got bored and had Naruto show up, beat everyone, and had everyone else taken care of off-panel.

But I dunno, maybe the K-11 will get some more panel-time when they show up to help Naruto. *crosses fingers* happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 16 February 2012 - 07:12 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#98 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 16 2012, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess when I think "blatant", I think of it as more of the author giving something a lot of panel-time, not necessarily having an obvious endgame. To me, I just have a tough time seeing something as 'trivial' when the author puts an almost excessive amount of development into that part of the plot.

And LOL, I forgot about Rave Master. I guess I generally treat Mashima stories a little differently. tongue.gif My point though, is just that Kishi definitely isn't as subtle with the romantic aspect of the plot as a lot of mangaka out there.

To each their own really, but the plot itself hasn't really had me jumping out of my seat for a while now. There are a few plot points I want to see resolved, mainly Tobi's identity and Naruto's relationship with the Tailed Beasts, but the story itself has started to feel formulaic to me. I'm more interested in seeing the characters involved, including the ones that initially drew me into the story, even if Kishi isn't doing the best job of showing them off. Which is a shame really, since seeing all your favorite characters seems to me like the biggest selling point of a War Arc. It felt like Kishi initially wanted to show everyone fighting, then he just got bored and had Naruto show up, beat everyone, and had everyone else taken care of off-panel.

But I dunno, maybe the K-11 will get some more panel-time when they show up to help Naruto. *crosses fingers* happy.gif

Maybe Sakura will get some more panel-time when she shows up to help Naruto. *crosses fingers* happy.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#99 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

headscratch.gif I think we're taking the love interests and intricacies of fictional relationships waaaayyy too seriously here....

#100 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Good chapter, especially because we got to not only see Juugo and Suigetsu again, but also Karin! Kishi really has a nasty habit of sometimes ignore characters that aren't Naruto or Sasuke and for a moment I thought that we wouldn't get to see Karin until the end or during the epilogue or something. dry.gif

I don't really know what to say about the Karin scene that hasn't already been said, other than that I actually enjoyed seeing a ninja behave more like a real ninja instead of just spamming ultimate attacks all over the place. Not that I don't enjoy that kind of stuff. But variety is the spice of life afterall, so yeah I enjoyed that. Oh and how I lol'd at her tricking the guards into thinking that she has gone crazy over Sasuke. At least that's what I think she is doing. sweat.gif

Speaking of ultimate attacks and Sasuke, it was nice seeing him again, even crazier and more OP than before. I actually hope that if he decided to go where everyone else is headed that he will meet Sakura again and that they will have a little talk. Yeah, there would probably be an SS moment but I believe that, just like the one we saw in 540, it won't necessarily be an overtly positive one. Of course this all hinges on the "She still loves him but is ashamed of doing so" theory being true which might not be the case.

Anyway, I can't really pinpoint what Kishi's intention may be for the endgame. I would very much like for this series to go on for just a little for more. Just enough so that Sakura can get her chance to shine (Come one Kishi! Give the poor girl a chance already! You know she can do it!).

In my opinion it would just feel a bit rushed. I mean, this series has been going on for 13 years now with 574 chapters, so if kishi intends to end it all here and now, he might as well take his time and do it properly. Especially with all the new plot elements he has just introduced, like Karin's hypothetical escape and the mystery scroll that Suigetsu found in Orochimaru's hidden lair.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users