#1 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

It's out!

An okay episode. I liked the new music that played during Naruto and Bee's encounter with Ei and Tsunade during the "previously on Naruto" segment. Also, next week will be Gaara's fight against his father. It took some time, but we finally get to see this animated. It was one of the better fights that this current arc has had to offer IMO. The part with Shizune and Sakura's autopsy was very well made, though I can't really remember if the guy who was guarding them had this much to say in the manga. It was also pretty cool when Naruto wiped out all those White Zetsu's. I still find it funny how he just totally spammed all different kinds of rasengans. laugh.gif

What stood out the most to me was the omake in the beginning, specifically the part with Sakura's press conference. Lol poor Sakura. All everybody wants to know about is her love life. Even Pierrot recognizes that this is something that needs to be resolved. wink.gif

The new ending was okay. The song was catchy and it was well made, if a little generic. It's pretty much just a Team 7 ending with various flashbacks to important Team 7 events during part one. I liked the doll theme that was going on though, especially how they incorporated that image of Sakura sitting in her room playing with both a Naruto and a Sasuke doll. happy.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#2 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Poor Sakura can't catch a break when it comes to her love life.

I think that scene with Sakura playing with dolls of Naruto and Sasuke was one of Kishi's earlier art works. What also caught my eye is that near the end we see a close up of Naruto's eye and with in it are dolls of him and Sakura. Maybe that's a hint about his own love for Sakura.

#3 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Pretty good episode and Sakura's conference was the best part! laugh.gif

the new ending is really beautiful and....

Naruto and Sakura dolls reflected in Naruto's eyes! cute wub.gif

Sig by karudoll

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

1) mabui's pretty
2) bee is funny
3) that ending was cute biggrin.gif
(didn't actually see the episode, just the omake and ending)

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

That eye-doll moment in the ending. Thanks Pierrot.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 17 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#6 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

team 7 centric ending nice narusaku touch to it.

episode was on par with the majority of the series.

Naruto rocked out hard in th fight with the zetsus.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#7 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Something just came into my mind. Maybe its just me overthinking but see.

Could it be that kishimoto has some close contact with the anime studios? Because maybe he uses the anime extras like that sakura interview in todays chapter to give hints to the audience.
Maybe kishi realized that fans read chapter 540 without looking underneath the underneath and think that it was a confirmation that sakura still loves sasuke. So he told the anime team to add the sakura interview.
In this interview we see the interviewers asking sakura who she loves and if we look at 540 without thinking a bit into it we get the idea that sakura confirms his feelings for sasuke again. But the point is, that if its so obvius that she still loves sasuke, why add the scene with the interview, asking sakura who she loves.

It could be that they wanted to show us that what the most of the fans think (sakura still beeing fully in love with sasuke) is not true.

I hope you get what i mean. Im sure im ovethinking there, but its a possibilitie.

Edited by PhenixElite, 17 January 2013 - 07:45 PM.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#8 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Jan 17 2013, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something just came into my mind. Maybe its just me overthinking but see.

Could it be that kishimoto has some close contact with the anime studios? Because maybe he uses the anime extras like that sakura interview in todays chapter to give hints to the audience.
Maybe kishi realized that fans read chapter 540 without looking underneath the underneath and think that it was a confirmation that sakura still loves sasuke. So he told the anime team to add the sakura interview.
In this interview we see the interviewers asking sakura who she loves and if we look at 540 without thinking a bit into it we get the idea that sakura confirms his feelings for sasuke again. But the point is, that if its so obvius that she still loves sasuke, why add the scene with the interview, asking sakura who she loves.

It could be that they wanted to show us that what the most of the fans think (sakura still beeing fully in love with sasuke) is not true.

I hope you get what i mean. Im sure im ovethinking there, but its a possibilitie.

I was thinking at something like this also. I mean, if it were Sasuke, the depiction would've been a saddnened one...yet she goes all tsundere, lol. And we know with who she acts this way. It wouldn't be that impossible for Kishi to get in contact with them. After all, they're doing HIS manga.
Anyway, I loved the last part.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

It seems to me that even the studio knows that this love triangle is not over. Funny, people assume this is closed deal yet even anime knows that we are not done yet. It really comes down to Sakura. To me, I do feel like she will ultimately chooses Naruto especially that Kishi started this process. So going back to square one wouldn't make sense at all. That defining moment is soon to be seen.

#10 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Also, it came into my mind how awkward all the anime openings and endings would be if NH happened. I think i wouldnt be able to watch anime anymore.

#11 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

If 540 was so obviously pointing towards Sasuke, why not say Sasuke when that reporter guy was questioning it.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#12 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Jan 17 2013, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If 540 was so obviously pointing towards Sasuke, why not say Sasuke when that reporter guy was questioning it.

Thats what i ment. Why show them unknowing who she loves, if chapter 540 was so "obvioulsy" pointing on sasuke?

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Jan 17 2013, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, it came into my mind how awkward all the anime openings and endings would be if NH happened. I think i wouldnt be able to watch anime anymore.

Don't forget episode 235. Naruto simply can not love Hinata in the manga and Sakura in the anime. facepalm.png

Edited by sushi., 17 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

ナルサク

#14 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jan 17 2013, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget episode 235. Naruto simply can not love Hinata in the manga and Sakura in the anime. facepalm.png

True, it would be already incredibe awkward in the manga, but the anime would top it all together. It would be intrestíng to see how they would come out of that mess if NH becomes canon. laugh.gif
Thats the only positive thing on NH becoming canon laugh.gif

#15 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Gifs from Sakura's press conference:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#16 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jan 17 2013, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gifs from Sakura's press conference:

You missed her ''u-umm..p-please.. after the second question (witch i believe is about Naruto since she was told by Sai he loves her)

#17 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I think Sakura would be a good metal singer that are into the breaking things and yelling their lungs out based on that last gif. XD

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#18 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 17 2013, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Sakura would be a good metal singer that are into the breaking things and yelling their lungs out based on that last gif. XD

Oh God the image. It's so out there and yet so fitting at the same time. laugh.gif

Speaking of which, did anyone else noticed how fierce was Mito's stare in Tobi's thoughts. I wonder if she also had quite the temper like Kushina and Sakura. This only makes me wish we could see a small flashback of Hashirama and Mito interacting.

#19 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

For some reason the thing Sakura did with the desk reminded me of this fan art:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#20 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

@PhenixElite

I'm starting to wonder if you're on to something with the issue of Sakura in chapter 540. Maybe the Sakura conference was truly a way to clarify that there's ambiguity within Sakura, otherwise they wouldn't have created this scene in which people are wondering who she loves.

This would be supported by the fact that Sakura says out loud she loves someone, but never states who. Even when she thought about Sasuke it was obviously as a reacting to lover-nin saying that whoever she loves is surely a great person.

It could be that the reason she thought of Sasuke in 540 was precisely because she loved a guy who wasn't a good person. Maybe she thinks of Sasuke instead of Naruto because she's disappointed in how she developed her feelings. Lover-nin sounded completely sure that the only type of guy that Sakura could ever fall in love with is someone who is great, but given that she had feeling for Sasuke, a not great guy, she knows that it hasn't been the case previously.

To make it simple, she isn't thinking of Sasuke because she loves him, she thinks of Sasuke as a reminder that she has loved a not great guy, which contradicts the positive statement that the lover-nin gave her.

It's like if you steal something but then tried to be a better person. Later someone comes and tells you "You're the type of guy that would never steal". At that moment you would probably think back to that time you stole. It's not like your doing it now but it makes you feel sad that you have done so in the past.

Would this mean Sakura doesn't love Sasuke anymore? No. This is only to show that there was indeed ambiguity of who she might love, and that her thought of Sasuke might not be a clarification of anything.

Something that could also support this claim is Ino's recent flashback of Sasuke. That was obviously meant to portray Ino's regretfulness of not fulfilling the positive love that she's meant to represent, which is clearly countered by Inoichi who basically tells her that her positive love is the one she feels towards her friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users