Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

http://www.narutospo...en-episode-290/

it's out.

worst filler arc ever, this kitten i loaded with flashbacks everywhere even on the next chapter there's another flashback with another team being called to the mission.

Edited by tricksie, 22 November 2012 - 01:45 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#2 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

what, why are you saying that?
I quite liked it
The animation was great and I finally got to see the team aagain, and the fight wasn't as bad as I expected ( there's more to come)
And everyone's hair was shining tongue.gif lol
I didn't mind the filler characters, and I'm really interested in watching the second episode.
all in all, it was better then many fillers and i loved it.

Edited by candycane-chan, 22 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#3 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

The animation was really good. I kept forgetting that I was watching a regular episode and not a movie. I liked how Sakura fought Hayate. She was very analytical and kept watiting for an opening and then....BAM!!! happy.gif Also, the OC's that have been introduced so far seem pretty cool.

As for the plot, it seems pretty straight forward but it probably won't stay that way. I'm sure there will be lots of dark secrets and betrayal, especially with that Dokku guy. Judging by the preview for next week, he will probably seek out the "Chikara" in order to become stronger and then become corrupted. Either that or he will inadvertedly end up helping Kabuto.

I guess the reason why Kabuto attacked the village was to seek out a way to use Edo Tensei. If this does indeed take place before the war, then it could be that he hasn't learned or mastered it yet. It could also be that he is merely searching for a way to improve it.

Also, even though it doesn't really count as NS fanservice, it was still nice seeing Naruto and Sakura interact, especially when they were at the lake. wink.gif

Overall, a pretty decent start.

Edited by TerrorKing, 22 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#4 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

/\ yeah
the lake seen was nice, someone should make a sig of it. Wait a second ! hidan wa fighting while he was still nude a_shifty.gif The filler characters seem better then the usual. I hope sakura gets a fight in the next episodes too

#5 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

i watch this episode closely now and i know that definitly it's not after sakura's confession it's after pain's arc.
because kabuto still looks human and nagato was there as an fail edo tensei.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#6 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 22 2012, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i watch this episode closely now and i know that definitly it's not after sakura's confession it's after pain's arc.
because kabuto still looks human and nagato was there as an fail edo tensei.

Technically not, because Tsunade shows up at the beginning of the episode, and she only recovers from the coma after Sakura confession, remember?

Here are some of the screenshots of Naruto and Sakura talking:

I was actually really impressed with the animation quality. Pierot will surely go bankrupt after this arc is over.

Edited by alexander, 22 November 2012 - 01:49 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#7 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 22 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Technically not, because Tsunade shows up at the beginning of the episode, and she only recovers from the coma after Sakura confession, remember?

Here are some of the screenshots of Naruto and Sakura talking:

I was actually really impressed with the animation quality. Pierot will surely go bankrupt after this arc is over.

i know but kabuto is human, and he's not human when she's recovered he's already orochimaru.
on the filler he's still with his face normally.

pierrot will not bankrupt because they make the crappy animation on purpose to earn more cash.

Edited by dovahkiin, 22 November 2012 - 01:50 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#8 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I think it was a nice episode overall.

No NS moments as some seem to have expected. But still, it's nice that whether romantic or not they always seem to end up together most of the time. I guess that's just how it always is for those two. laugh.gif

I think the studio is just purposely ignoring the implications of Sakura's confession since Team 7 came to some understanding of sorts by the end of the Summit Arc. It's just like that filler during Naruto's infamous boat trip in which he encounters Sakura in one of the islands. They act pretty friendly towards each other in that episode as well, Sakura even gets mad with him in a couple of scenes.

#9 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

can anyone give a decent translation for --Click here to view--
Ama no Goko ?

#10 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wow, I initially raged at this but it's turning out to be really cool. A lot better than those crappy Kakashi Rampage fillers(which didn't even show a rampage). Team Yamato is lucky as hell that Kabuto wasn't able to use the other Edo's. Nagato would have solo'd. Itachi too, since Naruto doesn't have KM in this arc. Animation is awesome. Sakura punched Hayate's head off! LOL xD Awesome.

Although this causes a few plot holes in the canon. Like Naruto shouldn't know about the Edo's until he encounters them in the War.

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

First impression --Click here to view--
Well, I have decided to go back to watching anime just for this. It is filler, true, but it does seem like they are high on it and seems like this is the movie that could have been if Kishi didn't get involve. So why not, it's been a while for me watching anime. I was going to go back when they reach to the point where the latest manga is at.

So after watching the first episode, I thought it was pretty good. Yeah, I was entertained by the action and nice to know the balance they have to create for the heroes to win. Imagine, Itachi, Nagato, etc. That would be overkill. While it may cause holes for the canon, I don't think we should be thinking about that. It's filler and so far, a good one. I like how they are being introduced to the reanimation jutsu. Naruto's reaction is what I expected and like how they make them as a "what's going on" deal in the flashback, because they can't die as they are already dead. The action scenes are fun to watch and nice to see all of them interact.

As for the filler characters, too early to tell, but the story around it can be interesting, so hopefully it can pick up more soon enough. I do like the terrorizing of the village, showing how outmached they were and the fact they're reanimation makes it harder to deal with. Thanks to the animation, it does create the right sense of atmosphere of destruction, so credit to them. The flashback timing reminds me of RvB season 9 and 10, where in that show first half of an episode has comedy and taken place in the present time, whereas the last half is the past showcasing the event that brought to the present.

Overall, I think I will stick to this arc and watch for good fun. So far, it's a pretty good start, hoping perhaps the story can expand more and something fresh from previous filler arc. While I should have get my hopes up for that, the action and others will keep me entertained. Also, I do like that scenery with Naruto and Sakura watching the lake. It's a nice shot. Reminds me of the Wii game, where the game ends the credit of them watching Konoha from the cliff alone. Happy Thanksgiving. happy.gif

#12 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

better than expected --Click here to view--
I enjoyed it. I still don't know when they are placing this arc. It had to be after Tsunade recovered even though Kabuto is still human looking.

The filler characters were pretty forgettable.

At least they explained why Hidan was back. The real Hidan is still in the hole. Kabuto was after his sickle. Then with Hidan's DNA he created a new one. As oppose to the others who were already dead so he could perform Edo Tensei.

Will Hayate be Sakura's opponent this entire arc? Sort of feels that way. So the ones we saw are the only zombies that will fight this arc. So basically Deidara, Hidan, Hayate, and some filler ones.

Looks like Kakashi, Gai, and Shikamaru will be joining the fray. Shikamaru vs. Hidan Part 2 seems inevitable. Don't know what Kakashi and Gai will do.

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Actually..... --Click here to view--
Well At least Sakura is being more tender with Naruto here which is EXACTLY how it it should be. smile.gif How you ask? Well, when Naruto was taking was taking a drink at a lake and enthusiastically said the water tasted great Sakura gave him an amused but affectionate look and said "Oh, You..". THAT made my day my fellow NS fans. happy.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 November 2012 - 11:32 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Thoughts + question to dovahkiin woohoo --Click here to view--
I like the animation, but why don't they spare this for the canon? D:

I also wonder if that little girl is supposed to be an Uzumaki, or if they just put red hair on her randomly. Or is it light brown? I noticed that especially the haircolours were different. And the story was OK, definitely better than the usual fillers. yes.gif

Btw, dovahkiin, why are you always so pessimistic? Give me a reason, why this is the "worst filler arc ever".

Edited by sushi., 23 November 2012 - 12:09 AM.

ナルサク

#15 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Flashbacks and generic filler characters.

the fighting was good until they put a nonsense flashback with no ground at all.

Edited by dovahkiin, 23 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#16 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Well At least Sakura is being more tender with Naruto here which is EXACTLY how it it should be. smile.gif How you ask? Well, when Naruto was taking was taking a drink at a lake and enthusiastically said the water tasted great Sakura gave him an amused but affectionate look and said \"Oh, You..\". THAT made my day my fellow NS fans. happy.gif

I liked that part too - Sakura gave him that same affectionate smile she reserves only for him love.gif

I didn't care for the second half all that much - I'm really only interested in the canon characters. Other than that, it seems pretty good so far. It's at least taking place after the Pein fight, since the village is in its post-attack state. Tsunade being awake would indicate that its after the summit as well, but who knows with anime team not being as consistent as it could be with fillers.

Edited by Paptala, 23 November 2012 - 01:12 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#17 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

i liked the first part

i can care less about the kids XD......im sorry..

i just wanna see sakura do her sakura thing XD thats the only reason im watching it

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#18 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

the random flashback in the middle of a fight scene is kind of annoying

#19 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Nov 23 2012, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I liked that part too - Sakura gave him that same affectionate smile she reserves only for him love.gif

I didn't care for the second half all that much - I'm really only interested in the canon characters. Other than that, it seems pretty good so far. It's at least taking place after the Pein fight, since the village is in its post-attack state. Tsunade being awake would indicate that its after the summit as well, but who knows with anime team not being as consistent as it could be with fillers.

I really love you're sig cool.gif

What a nice episode.

#20 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

A few gifs someone more from tumblr for episode 290:

Episode 290 gifs --Click here to view--