The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9679 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the new (and hopefully improved) pairings debate thread!

This is where anyone can discuss pairings-related issues from the Naruto manga. Everyone, no matter what pairings (if any) they like, is welcome to post. smile.gif

Please keep these simple rules in mind:

• No bashing
    Character/pairing/fandom bashing is NOT allowed, period. Any and all bashing posts will be deleted by Moderators without warning. Examples of bashing are:

"Haha, (pairing name) sucks."
    "(fandom name) fans don't know what they're talking about."
    "(character name) is useless/stupid/a b*tch."

You get the gist. If you want to disagree with an argument/theory/opinion, you can do it without bashing (see below).
  • Objection!
    If you disagree with an argument/theory/opinion, please show your logical reasoning why, and show evidence wherever possible.

Good: "I feel this theory doesn't stand up because... (quote manga evidence)"
    Bad: "They don't know what they're talking about, lol."
  • Quote carefully!
    If you only want to agree with a post, please don't quote it! It's OK to just use their name, like so:

@AwesomeDebater
    I agree!

It's OK to quote posts if you want to highlight/debate certain points, but please try to avoid quoting posts in their entireity. smile.gif
  • Acceptable Evidence
    Only manga chapters, official databook entries, and Masashi Kishimoto interviews may be accepted as evidence. The Naruto anime and movies cannot be accepted as evidence, because they often devitate from canon. If possible, link to the evidence (such as manga pages on OneManga) so everyone can see what you're talking about. happy.gif
  • Poke at it!
    Even if it's a theory/argument that supports the pairing you like, don't be afraid to poke a stick at it! If it feels flimsy to you, point it out and give your reasoning why.
  • No spam
    This thread is for debating ONLY. Any off-topic/spam posts that don't contribute to debates will be deleted.

These rules are in draft form, so they may be finetuned over the next few days.

I'll reserve the next post so we can highlight good debate posts (no matter whether they support NaruSaku or not). So, if you debate well, you could find your posts pinned up for everyone!

Now, debate away. biggrin.gif

#2 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

[Reserved for classic debate posts!]

#3 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

What the heck, I'll give it a test-run. biggrin.gif

With the latest turn of events with Naruto potentially making it back to Konoha in another chapter or two, Do you feel there will be some potential danarusakunp3.gif before Naruto heads off to Kumo? Do you also think Kishi should put a conclusion to Hinata's feelings when Naruto gets back?

I myself am hoping Kishi will show at least some potential NS buid up and I also think Naruto should tell Hinata where his heart lies with. Even though Hinata is not a part of my pairing, i think it's only fair she gets a answer in return. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 07 April 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#4 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:46 AM

I think we needed a new Debate Thread. Nice, Smiter.

___

@Uzumakikage

With Hinata, I honestly believe that her feelings don't need much resolve. I find her feelings more admiration; I'm sure Naruto doesn't want to hurt Hinata's feelings but with all that's been/is going on he wouldn't accept her, I don't think Hinata would ever understand Naruto and his situation as much as Sakura.
Sakura has been through a lot with Naruto, though they both experienced Kyûbi's power Hinata never directly saw/felt it; she helped set it off. Sakura confronted Kyûbi directly in order to help a close friend (self-sacrifice) you could call it. Sakura's seen/experienced Naruto's power and knows what he is capable of, but she's accepted him and tried to protect him from "himself" by lieing and saying the injury was by Orochimaru.
Sakura also understands Naruto's feelings for Sasuke. Brotherly bonds she wants to protect for his sake.

Naruto is also Sakura's confidence (Much the same as Hinata) but as I said, Hinata's feelings are admiration. I feel Sakura has acquired stronger feelings for Naruto then "Bro/Sis, Friend/Friend".
Some "Japanese" info: If what I've read is right, then the Japanese don't show affection in public. [Naruto: Shippuden- Manga 450] Sakura, in front of the whole village, hugged Naruto. Showing she cared in front of everyone, thanking him.

Before the Pain fight, Sakura yelled for help, who did she call? When the whole village was blown she screamed for Naruto, the guy she trust most of all.

More to come, later...

#5 narukunsakuchan

narukunsakuchan

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 6 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck, I'll give it a test-run. biggrin.gif

With the latest turn of events with Naruto potentially making it back to Konoha in another chapter or two, Do you feel there will be some potential danarusakunp3.gif before Naruto heads off to Kumo? Do you also think Kishi should put a conclusion to Hinata's feelings when Naruto gets back?

I myself am hoping Kishi will show at least some potential NS buid up and I also think Naruto should tell Hinata where his heart lies with. Even though Hinata is not a part of my pairing, i think it's only fair she gets a answer in return. happy.gif

I don't think kishi will have a naru/saku moment for a while. the way he tends to do them is in waves with each wave being bigger than the last. Naruto and Sakura are only going to talk only when she confronts him. As far as Naruto is concerned(unfortunately) The whole part with her confession is done with him. To him, he needs to resolve the issues with Sasuke before he could even give himself a chance with her.

And Sakura needs to resolve her feelings first, and have time to sort out what she is thinking. I believe that Tsunade may help in this, as she may see pieces of her and Jiraiya in them and will not want her to follow the same road. I don't think those two will meet for a while in a more intimate sense.

And as for your second notion of the Naru/hina side of things, while it is implied in chapter 450 how it was resolved with hina just smiling as sakura hugged naruto, I think there should be some sort of conclusion, but alas there won't be. Naruto isn't going to bring it back up and hina is too shy to talk about it so the time for that has come and passed I am afraid/
He is her earth, her foundation upon which to grow, and she is his heaven, his peace and tranquilty and also his reason to shoot for the stars.

#6 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

^ as ben said hina was solved jest like lees was and its ben over 50 chapters as well as confermd naruto loves sakura. As for sakuras confession kish said he was writing a honest determind girl.
It would be ooc for sakura to lie and use his feelings this is also backup by manga cannon.But also naruto was still living in the past confermd.

i have very little dought in NS too much has happened also kish said one of the big 3 will be cannon and NS is the only one with equal development both sides. I highly dought red harring thats jest wasted panle time.

thats the most i have written in a wile. wink.gif

#7 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

@narukunsakuchan

You took the words right out of my mouth.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

There is something I need to bring to the table.

For a while now, people have been asking if there will ever be a romantic type moment between Naruto and Sakura or any pairing for that matter. I have seen some say that this is impossible because Naruto is a Shonen manga and romance does not happen in a Shonen manga.

I beg to differ this argument as I can think of two Shonen manga that have romance in it. InuYasha and Ruroni Kenshin.
I can think of several moment in the manga where romance is very strong.

InuYasha for example had an entire moment for romance in chapter 494 which was all about the relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha. They even almost kiss, but were interrupted. I want to get this clear that in Shonen manga romance can occur.

While it is not a main focus, doesn't mean it never happens.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Kewl, I'm glad that we have a new place to up the anti of Naru/Saku! narusaku.gif But yeah, while I DO want to see some development for our favorite pairing (hey, that's the first time I've ever typed favorite in and I spelt it right! Whoo hoo for learning to spell a word!), I don't want a whole chapter devoted to it, as that's a little much. Yes there can be romance in Shonen but I don't think a whole chapter is good (leave that kinda long stuff to the fan fiction). Conversely, I don't want some cheap-@$$ moment towards the end of the manga where Sakura kisses Naruto or something and then he goes off to fight Sasuke or whoever dry.gif . I just hope that while the moment isn't like a whole arc (oh gawd, that'd be aweful) it gets its due time.

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

I believe there will be a small N/S moment before Naruto leaves the village at least say goodbye to Sakura and she says good luck to him. However I think Tsunade won't let him go on his own she may add Kakashi,Sakura and Sai to accompany him on his journey.

Also I don't think Kishi should not make a conclusion to Hinata's confession he doesn't want to disappoint the fandom because he knows that they are people who supports the Naru/Hina pairing. He wants to keep everyone happy and calm also I believe now that Hinata finally confessed her feelings to Naruto she can finally move on from him, I think everyone agrees with me that her crush for Naruto was just of admiration nothing more. An example that she may have move on from him is 488 she didn't said a word or looked at him she stood there all quiet. She wasn't even thinking saying Naruto-kun or looking worry about him. That's a small hint from Kishi that Hinata no longer has a crush on Naruto and she can finally continue living her life without the fear that she will never tell him how she feels.

Edited by Gravenimage, 09 April 2010 - 03:24 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Yeah i agree, Kishi needs to break the ice and give this manga at least one romance scene. Their isn't a rule or law that restricts romance from Shonen is there?

#12 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

i be in naruto romance seems to be playing a somwhat important role for development and i think it will follow those befor it.
NS seems to be playing that role so far in a classic plot witch sounds about right considered kish was tellin the truth being bad at romance.
(shrugges) makes sence also wasnt sakura also created to be the heroes love interest? kish dident have her in the original plan but was recommend to have a harrowin.?

hope someone can make sence of my jiberish.

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 9 2010, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah i agree, Kishi needs to break the ice and give this manga at least one romance scene. Their isn't a rule or law that restricts romance from Shonen is there?

Well shonen is more focus on action it's always action the top priority and romance second. That's why there's little romance in shonen genre manga, however if there is a romance scene in a shonen it should be very obvious to see it (469 Sakura's confession) that was a romantic scene with what Sakura told Naruto even if she wanted to remove the burden of the POTL to him she used her confession as a bonus to back up her reason for coming. I'm sure Sakura must have been thinking "I will free Naruto from the promise and since now that I know he really loves me and I love him too I will confess to him but I'm not good at these kind of things."

Edited by Gravenimage, 09 April 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

I would love to see a Narusaku moment before he faces Sasuke since the chances of him of surviving are slim but even if he does return it will make it that moment that much special. I just hope that it is not another JiraTsu moment. I pretty sure Tsunade I think alrady kinda knows of Sakura's feelings for Naruto since she sent them on most of their missions. She knows of Naruto's feelings for Sakura. Now sending Sakura might be kinda bad since she might see him die or kinda good because she could heal Naruto in time. It's kinda odd that Sakura is the only one that seems to be the healing Naruto. Or is it just me.

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

weve had several romantic moments quite frankly only Inuyasha out does Naruto in the number of romantic moments.

weve had 2 hugs, a feeding scene, a near kiss, a confession and two romantic rescues. these two have all but actualy directly kissed and not even Inuyasha got one until the anime ended.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

@ ShippudenGirl That's what I call : u're inside my mind....!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

#17 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

a near kiss

:OOO when? tell me <3

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#18 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Apr 9 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:OOO when? tell me <3

Well, that... was way back in the beginning... where Naruto was "Sasuke" in disguise aka the bench scene.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#19 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

I sadly don't see any NS moments for a while U.U ... I will survive *theme music*

#20 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 9 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that... was way back in the beginning... where Naruto was "Sasuke" in disguise aka the bench scene.

Oh...i was like...did i missed something rolleyes.gif

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users