Close
Photo

SasuSaku vs. NaruHina?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#41 DasDeke

DasDeke

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

I'll say this nicely. If Naruto/Sakura doesn't happen.

~Manga meet my good friend Mr. Circular file~

#42 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:02 PM

:o
I actually think i'm incapable of answering this question.
I wouldn't want any.

#43 Guest_Kioko_*

Guest_Kioko_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Hmm, I like SasuSaku more, buuut~ If Naruto can't have Sakura, then no one can! >:3

#44 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:57 AM

As far as pairing, I like NaruHina more. As far as fandom, I like SasuSaku more. At least SasuSaku arguments are actually BASED on something RELEVANT once in a while. Which makes them the more fun to shoot down credible fandom.

Sometimes I wonder if some NaruHina shippers are even reading the same story.

#45 Strausenhat

Strausenhat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

I like SasuSaku more.

NaruHinata makes my eye twitch whenever I see it.

#46 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:15 AM

hmm i thought i already posted here, ah well.

anyway i think SasuSaku has a way better chance at being canon, however i prefer NaruHina as a paring a lot more. Mainly because i dont really like sasuke and sakura would be better off without him lol

and because NaruHina would be a damn awesome pairing if sakura didnt exist, hence why NaruHina > SasuSaku biggrin.gif

#47 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

NaruHina, because at least Naruto would talk back to her if she was talking to him.

SasuSaku isn't like that, obviously. Sakura said it herself that Sasuke never told her anything when she proclaimed her 'love' for him.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#48 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

For me, I guess it would boil down to which pairing is more important for the respective characters.

Sasuke at one time was very important and necessary for Sakura's character. That's no longer true for her character (as shown by how much she's changed) and was never important for his character.

Naruto was someone that Hinata idolized in part one and most likely still does in part two. so getting his attention and indeed his affection would be vastly important for her. Naruto barely knows who Hinata is on his end...

Overall... I'd be more understanding of SasuSaku because both characters have changed to the point where their relationship (if they had one) would be more mature and closer to what 'real love' is. NaruHina, IMO, hasn't.

#49 naruto_kun

naruto_kun

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:53 AM

i agree with silent shinobi,
are the naruhina shippers reading the same manga as us?

sasusaku is better than naruhina if only for the reason that the support for the pairing comes from the manga.
(not the fillers)

but i don't like either pairing...
narusaku forever!

#50 Kirroha

Kirroha

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:29 AM

I totally agree with antigravity12. I hate NaruHina the most.

#51 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (rick @ Sep 3 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm i thought i already posted here, ah well.

anyway i think SasuSaku has a way better chance at being canon, however i prefer NaruHina as a paring a lot more. Mainly because i dont really like sasuke and sakura would be better off without him lol

and because NaruHina would be a damn awesome pairing if sakura didnt exist, hence why NaruHina > SasuSaku biggrin.gif

That sums up my feelings exactly. If Sakura didn't exist, I'd probably be a NaruHina despite the lack of canon.

#52 Tyan

Tyan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Tai chi, archery, manga and anime, healing, meditation, literature and writing

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (antigravity12 @ Feb 23 2007, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've noticed that most NaruSaku peoples tend to like NaruHina also (or at least be okay with it), and hate SasuSaku.

Funny, I didn't know that. I'm one of those people B) I don't know why, because some may compare it to the IchiOri pairing - which I strongly dislike - while I simply adore IchiRuki. With NaruHina, though, I'm totally OK. But the thing is, I know it has a minimal chance of happening tongue.gif NaruSaku is so much more logical, 'specially now in shippuuden.

And I really dislike SasuSaku. It's mostly because of the attitude Sakura had towards him (so fangirlish, it ten times worse than Inoue's hero-worship), and so I could only see it as a strong one-side crush with no real depth. I mean, come on: we all know that she never understood him or knew him well. The only one who really became his friend was Naruto. Otherwise it's not because I hate Sasuke in particular or anything (though I admit he's become somewhat... darker... in shippuuden). It's simply because the relationship could NEVER work. Ever. happy.gif

QUOTE (JABR @ Sep 3 2007, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, I guess it would boil down to which pairing is more important for the respective characters.

Sasuke at one time was very important and necessary for Sakura's character. That's no longer true for her character (as shown by how much she's changed) and was never important for his character.

Naruto was someone that Hinata idolized in part one and most likely still does in part two. so getting his attention and indeed his affection would be vastly important for her. Naruto barely knows who Hinata is on his end...

Overall... I'd be more understanding of SasuSaku because both characters have changed to the point where their relationship (if they had one) would be more mature and closer to what 'real love' is. NaruHina, IMO, hasn't.

Intelligent point of view. I agree with you on this, and it may be that this is also a factor to why I am more sympathetic to NaruHina.

#53 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:08 AM

If timeskip hadn't happened, SasuSaku would be a very real possibility...

but Timeskip DID happen, so ppor little sasuke is gonna have to find someone OTHER than our pink-haired medic, cause naruto's got dibs. :thumbs:
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#54 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (JABR @ Sep 3 2007, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. I'd have to agree with you on that one. Though I don't really support either pairing but still GREAT way of saying that.

#55 Karin-chan

Karin-chan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

I can stand SasuSaku. I absolutely despise NaruHina but not the most. I dislike IchiHime the most out of all and I like Orihime. I mean, in Part 1, at least Sakura was part of his "family." Sakura meant something to him just as Naruto did too. In NaruHina, Hinata's just lumped with all the other people outside of Team 7, Jiraiya, and a few others. That's the main reason I don't like it. Hinata hasn't even said she had romantic feelings for Naruto! Seriously...

#56 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Sep 15 2007, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If timeskip hadn't happened, SasuSaku would be a very real possibility...

but Timeskip DID happen, so ppor little sasuke is gonna have to find someone OTHER than our pink-haired medic, cause naruto's got dibs. :thumbs:

Er, you mean if Sasuke didn't leave?

But even if he was somehow persuaded to stay, he would still have a grudge and a feeling of jealousy toward Naruto for gaining so much power. Sasuke wouldn't even spare a glimpse at Sakura.

The only way I could imagine SasuSaku having a good chance is if Sasuke's family was still around, and even so, he was always trying to get his father to notice him. Of course, he was a lot nicer back then, he still didn't like the attention his peers gave him for being an Uchiha.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#57 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Sep 16 2007, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er, you mean if Sasuke didn't leave?

But even if he was somehow persuaded to stay, he would still have a grudge and a feeling of jealousy toward Naruto for gaining so much power. Sasuke wouldn't even spare a glimpse at Sakura.

The only way I could imagine SasuSaku having a good chance is if Sasuke's family was still around, and even so, he was always trying to get his father to notice him. Of course, he was a lot nicer back then, he still didn't like the attention his peers gave him for being an Uchiha.

I have to agree with this, Sasuke was going crazy because of Naruto gaining so much power so quick. He probably would have been even meaner to Sakura in my opinion.

#58 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

SasuSaku by far.

SasuSaku, at the very least, isn't a one-sided idol-worshiping relationship (anymore).

Sasuke is among Sakura's most precious people. Likewise, even if Sasuke doesn't admit it, Sakura (and team 7 in general) are among the most important people to him. Eventually, he will learn to accept that, and will likely fight in their name (this is a shounen manga, so Sasuke Will come to accept his teammates).

Once Sasuke starts his healing process, I'm pretty sure that both Sasuke and Sakura will be willing to put in the effort of making the relationship work. I don't think they share many interests or have much compatible in terms of personality, but a relationship needs work and willingness to nurture as much as any starter (I think NaruSaku has both though tongue.gif ). Once Sasuke comes around, he may try to love Sakura in his own way, much like how he was at least willing to protect Sakura pre-timeskip. Sakura will continue to show the dedication to help someone that she's always shown.

#59 GreyFøx

GreyFøx

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, listening to music, anime, the occasional book, movies, etc.

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

I really don't like naruhina or sasusaku...

I would rather NaruHina to happen though, if I had to choose...

mainly, because I dislike Sasuke with a burning passion...Just, really, really, don't like him...so, I would rather NaruHina happen...I think Sakura is better off without Sasuke, my opinion is biased though...

I don't really have anything against Hinata...but its kinda like, she's never around...So I don't "care" about her as much as I do for Sakura.

Xbox live: GFOX2113
PS3 PSN: GreyFox2113
Wii Number: 0676-8826-9864-1308

#60 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Wildgoatchild said it all laugh.gif

I dislike NaruHina. I don't HATE it persay, but I definitely don't like it sweatdrop.gif
I don't know either...why my dislike for this pairing is so "passionate", but it just is mellow.gif
I don't think their personalities match up well enough, I don't think it's fun to watch, I think it could use a bit more development...
...and it was like a 50-ton boulder I got hit with and sent flying when I started climbing the mountain of Naruto fandom :shamefulcry0js: I had been a NaruSaku supporter since episode 3, and my first declaration of my fondness for it (many years ago) was fired back with a flame so i was scared sad.gif But that's just me. As for the basics, it's simple. Hinata's only showed up like...twice...and there's no proof whatsoever that Naruto likes her....A lot of people say "It could happen because Naruto's nice and Hinata's liked him for so long and..." but that's just an opinion. Hinata's had lotsa chances to step herself up but she hasn't, and all the support for NaruHina seems to all echolocate back to the Chuunin exams. Also, i didn't really see that as a hint, but more like support smile.gif Plus, watching it back, it wasn't just Hinata Naruto was cheering for. Neji was insulting Naruto's morals, and we all know how touchy Naruto gets around that kinda stuff :rolleyes:

Naruto and Hinata are indeed both characters that had to deal with the "recognition" thing, but Kish made her a side-character without much panel/screentime, so it was difficult for me (and probably many others) to fully connect with her and see the possibilities of her and Naruto being together sad.gif

As for SasuSaku...
I don't dislike this pairing as much. I don't support it, but like Mizura said, at least they do have a degree of care for each other. Being both main characters, at least they've developed and shown each other capable of working well together (even though it started off rough, but that's what character development is all about tongue.gif) They could be something...i'm not sure what it would turn out like, but it could be. The reason why I don't like this pairing though is because Sasuke hindered Sakura's development in p.1, he rejected her feelings and pushed her away, and I think she could do better. If SasuSaku happened it would kinda seem like back-tracking to me ...

So overall: SasuSaku > NaruHina tongue.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users