• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

When I look at the list of my OTPs, for most of them, what stands out to me is their emotional development. NaruSaku definitely had it, and it was easy to see Sakura finding love in Naruto.

I don't have a ton of OTPs, I'm no shipping junkie. I'm a fluff addict and I love fictional relationships (which is broad and includes friendships and familial relations in general), but my list of actual OTPs is small. I don't tend to have opinions like "hey, these two should get together" or "these two would work because _____". That can be the basis for supporting a ship, but an OTP is when I become obsessed with the pairing.

I think for most of my OTPs, I either have to see them bonding in canon or there has to be some really good fan material of them.

In the case of NaruSaku, I think the fandom did make my shipping feels stronger. But I definitely shipped NaruSaku because of the manga.

Only three of my OTPs are my OTPs for reasons other than their bond.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#622 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

Good point, Bry.  I don't actually support the whole cousin incest thing but I still would've preferred NejiHina to NH. xD

The thing is the entire "clan" system in Nartuo promotes inbreeding. That's why all the Uchiha's, Hyugas, and alike look exactly the same. They want to keep their genetic make up as pure as possible in order to keep their special "genetic powerups". Which is why Naruto's kids don't have the Byakugan. That.... and the fact that Kishimoto forgot to draw it supposedly. :facepalm:

#623 Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:49 PM

I have a confession to make: I don't think I'm a true Narusaku shipper.

Kinda odd to make a account just to say that, but it's true. And here's another: I dropped Naruto a few years back. It was just too much, too many episodes, too many chapters, too many "epic boss battles", so I want to give credit where credit is due for those who stuck it out until the very end. You have far more endurance than I do. Though I got into many different manga, story-driven ones primarily, I didn't fall out of the Naruto community entirely. I read fanfiction. A lot of it. Primarily, For Want of a Nail ones, and through it I came to this revelation:

I am a Naruto x Main Female Lead shipper.

I think the thing that drew me to Narusaku is the fact that Sakura was always by his side. We had 700 chapters to see them interact (smaller amount for me, but you get the idea). Naruto never was a romance manga - that wasn't even a faint priority for Kishi (he admitted as much in his new interview stating that the romance movie was "embarressing") so I just enjoyed seeing the two interact and deal with all the problems the story threw at them - truly developing a fire forged friendship.

Neither Sasusaku or Naruhina had that. Sasuke had betrayed Konoha and just wasn't present when Akatsuki and Pein were threatening the village, and the amount of conversations that Hinata had with Naruto could be counted on one hand. If Sasusaku and Naruhina were going to happen, I wanted to have it be shown to me in the manga not told to me that it happened off screen in the epilogue or in a movie as a afterthought. Showing not telling is kinda the staple of good storytelling, you know?

#624 Comy

Comy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

When i first started watching Naruto, i wasn't very interested in the romance part...probably because i considered them to be too young. At first, Sakura annoyed me with her obsession for sasuke, but with the passing of time, my opinion of her changed. I started to like Sakura because of her personality (ending of part 1 - pre-timeskip), always trying to look tough, but on the inside she was very sensitive and caring...she always reminded me of a girl i used to like from this point of view. Besides her personality, i also really loved the chemistry between her and Naruto, it always looked natural, from the serious or intimate moments, to the funny ones.

waplrk.jpg

#625 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

^hi romanian folk

10/10 shower scenes

#626 Chuchi be like

Chuchi be like

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:ANIME AND MANGA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

Their is only one answer......

BECAUSE NARUSAKU IS THE BEST PAIRING DAMN IT!!

#627 Emb3rs

Emb3rs

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hi I'm Emb3rs, I'm new to the Anime world having only watched Attack on Titan and Naruto. I support NaruSaku and enjoy reading the fanfictions and discussions so i hope to learn more from this fandom.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:10 AM

1. Naruto and Sakura have the best, imo, development, even if it was as friends, in the entire series.

2. Naruto truly cares for Sakura despite the crappy answer to his loyalty, according to Kishi being that its due to rivalry with Sasuke.

3. Sakura made herself stronger so that she could be with Naruto and not let him go after Sasuke alone.

4. Sakura was willing to kill Sasuke to relieve Naruto of the burden she felt she had given him.

5. Despite her initial hatred for Naruto, Sakura was strongly influenced by Narutos never give up attitude.

6. Just about everyone Naruto and Sakura knew probably imagined some day they would end up together. Even when i shipped NH before finding out the truth i had a feeling that the girl who hated the protagonist would soon fall for him. Cliche as it may be at least it makes more sense then pairing a fangirl with the psychopath that attempted to kill her. Even her friend Ino was probably wondering dafuq Sakura.

#628 Young Kubrick

Young Kubrick

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Film, music, anime/manga, comics, video games, literature

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

Firstly because I despise Sasuke. But more importantly, because they look so great together and have such great chemistry

tumblr_o2ro4zTFoE1ukmr73o1_500.gif

#629 Youdonegoofed2k

Youdonegoofed2k

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Naruto loves Sakura so much that he gave her up just to make her stupid pink head happy. Sakura is a prime example of a girlfriend who loves to be in an abusive relationship just for her own selfish reasons. Thanks Kishi.

#630 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Wanted to start off the morning (where i live) with some goodness  before I started working on my book again!

intercambio_by_chipo811-d9vpimb.png

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#631 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

I also love it because of his dedication for her. I know Kishi is lying that he loved her because of his rivalry(Which I still am bitter that he said that) I know that he loves her because he thinks she's a special person on the inside and out and would always protect her.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#632 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

this made my day!

tumblr_ohvkmhb8QM1u98qtjo1_1280.jpg

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#633 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

Well, we know in Naruto SD: Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals, Neji was shown to have a BIG protective streak for Hinata, especially with Naruto, even freaking out when he imagined them getting married, as well as having a bit of a complex about Hinata.

I feel like the episode was trying to tell us something but it's also showing how naruto basically shows that naruto doesn't really care about hinata.

#634 Youdonegoofed2k

Youdonegoofed2k

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Naruto was the sole reason why Sakura wasn't dead. He truly cared for her, saved her countless times only character in the series who has gone all out to sacrifice himself for his stupid Sakura-chan. God dammit Sakura why the kitten are you this blind

#635 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

Naruto was the sole reason why Sakura wasn't dead. He truly cared for her, saved her countless times only character in the series who has gone all out to sacrifice himself for his stupid Sakura-chan. God dammit Sakura why the kitten are you this blind

Pretty sure she knows naruto loves her. But though for some reason that she'd let him get with with hinata, cause she wanted to be a housewife who is always alone and lies to her daughter about sasuke cares about her. Face it sakura was better off with naruto

#636 Aevrum

Aevrum

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

I recently (re-)watched and finished the “complete” Anime and just wanted to post my thoughts about NaruSaku somewhere and stumbled across this forum. (And found now 3 months later finally the time to do it^^)

I think it is kind of a different perspective on the whole thing, because I also want to explain some aspects I thought as a child about NS. It doesn’t fit completely in this thread here, with explaining my whole personal (roughly 10 years! Man, it feels like maybe 5,6, I’m really getting old^^) Naruto journey, but I think you can only really understand my point of view, when you know the backgrounds, and I couldn't find a better topic to post this in it. So be warned, it could get boring to read, also because I think you probably discussed every point up and down in the last two years :)

I'm not a native English speaker, heck I even have not written anything in English for nearly 3 years now, so please excuse my bad grammar, horrible syntax, catastrophic punctuation and maybe wrong usage of words, but I will try my best:

Long text, beware!^^

#637 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

NHs; I want a girl like Hinata

NSs; i want a relationship like NS.

Difference ye??

ナルサク

#638 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Difference ye??

With this, I feel like you hit the nail on the head. Truly, this is so perfectly stated, and so accurate. 

I was actually having a discussion about this with a friend of mine, on why I ship the ships I ship. xD

When it comes to relationships, I'm a firm believer of having similar core values and similar (hard to explain) beliefs. That's what I feel Naruto and Sakura have. Not only that, but I feel they have similar personalities (in the sense that they are similar when it comes to their sense of humor and their will, along with being more outgoing compared to their current partners - outgoing isn't the right word for it, haha, I'll think of it eventually). It's because of this, along with the fact that they can interact during everyday life (like we see countless times in the manga), is why I adore NaruSaku and will always continue to ship it no matter what happens in canon. 

Their chemistry is nothing like the ones we see with the canon pairings. We are actually able to see Naruto and Sakura interact, and it just seems so natural and something you would see in regular relationships. I was recently reading a book that gives advice on things like marriage and careers from older people, and the top thing they said was to have someone who is similar in their core values and sense of humor. This is what I feel Naruto and Sakura have. 

I'm also a firm believer of being friends, first and foremost. Because if you're going to spend your life with someone, you have to know them and be friends first (in my opinion. not always like that but that's just my personal preference). We can see through their friendship that they would have been great together through their interactions with each other and how they can tease each other and laugh with each other. I don't see that with the other pairings. Sure, a relationship like this isn't always the most exciting story-wise, but it's the most realistic in my opinion, and would make these characters the happiest. 

Honestly, I can't imagine what Naruto and Hinata talk about from day to day. I can't imagine what Sasuke and Sakura would really talk about during the peaceful, everyday life. Neither can Kishi, apparently (which is probably why in the canon Sasuke is always gone and Naruto is always working and practically living at the Hokage Tower). 

I feel like that is the main difference between NaruSaku and the rest of the pairings. 

This is why I love NaruSaku, and will continue to love it no matter what happens in the actual manga. 

Edited by Wubbzy, 02 April 2017 - 06:36 AM.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#639 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Difference ye??

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TRUE!!!!!!!!! nice one!!! :eager:  :hug: although I want to make a small correction to the NH statement. I want to be Hinata getting a guy like Naruto/I want a girl like Hinata

Yes that is what I mean by "NH fans are purely selfish and objectifying". NH fans imagine that they need to have a soft spoken obedient and big kittened woman for fulfill all their needs and requirements without contributing anything to the relationship, or imagine themselves as Hinata, the shy insecure girl that wants the boy next door but could never tell him and again obtain him without again contributing anything to the relationship, besides telling the guy her "love for him is as vast as the ocean". SS is nothing but a masochistic girl's fantasy about healing the emotional scars of the "bad boy" and redeeming him through her affections". None of these parties are putting anything into the relationship, so is it any wonder that they are dysfunctional as they are. NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality.

What do Naruto and Sakura represent? a strong and open relationship, empathy, not being afraid to speak their minds, being themselves fully and unconditionally around the one they love, respecting and sharing opinions. Naruto would NEVER take Sakura for granted and Sakura would NEVER permit Naruto to fall out of practice, go out of shape, or ignore their children. The reason why NaruSaku works out is because they don't have  put a fake smile around each other, and pretend to be someone they are not. Sakura is never a weak submissive crying wreck around Naruto (unless Sasuke is involved) and Naruto never has to walk on eggshells around Sakura (Sakura does not faint in Naruto's presence EVER) or put up a cool act for her, and can be his fun-loving, goofy self. They can show themselves without a single thing hidden from each other. They can laugh together, tell each other what upsets them and pull through together and encourage each other during hard and sad times.THAT IS WHAT love is. THAT IS WHAT MARRIAGE is.

Do you see any of the things I've listed in NH or SS? Again, NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality. 

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 April 2017 - 11:55 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#640 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TRUE!!!!!!!!! nice one!!! :eager:  :hug: although I want to make a small correction to the NH statement. I want to be Hinata getting a guy like Naruto/I want a girl like Hinata

Yes that is what I mean by "NH fans are purely selfish and objectifying". NH fans imagine that they need to have a soft spoken obedient and big kittened woman for fulfill all their needs and requirements without contributing anything to the relationship, or imagine themselves as Hinata, the shy insecure girl that wants the boy next door but could never tell him and again obtain him without again contributing anything to the relationship, besides telling the guy her "love for him is as vast as the ocean". SS is nothing but a masochistic girl's fantasy about healing the emotional scars of the "bad boy" and redeeming him through her affections". None of these parties are putting anything into the relationship, so is it any wonder that they are dysfunctional as they are. NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality.

What do Naruto and Sakura represent? a strong and open relationship, empathy, not being afraid to speak their minds, being themselves fully and unconditionally around the one they love, respecting and sharing opinions. Naruto would NEVER take Sakura for granted and Sakura would NEVER permit Naruto to fall out of practice, go out of shape, or ignore their children. The reason why NaruSaku works out is because they don't have  put a fake smile around each other, and pretend to be someone they are not. Sakura is never a weak submissive crying wreck around Naruto (unless Sasuke is involved) and Naruto never has to walk on eggshells around Sakura (Sakura does not faint in Naruto's presence EVER) or put up a cool act for her, and can be his fun-loving, goofy self. They can show themselves without a single thing hidden from each other. They can laugh together, tell each other what upsets them and pull through together and encourage each other during hard and sad times.THAT IS WHAT love is. THAT IS WHAT MARRIAGE is.

Do you see any of the things I've listed in NH or SS? Again NH and SS are about fantasy, NS is about equality.

Agreed everything you in this post is true and why narusaku works so much better than NH and SS. If only people could see that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users