Close
Photo

Can Naruto still be considered the hero we knew?

naruto hero we dont have a hero back into the man i used to b

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Sav from Australia

Sav from Australia

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

I wanted to post a thread to vent for a while but I could not think of anything to add.  I did not see a thread with the specific question:

"Can Naruto still be considered the hero of the story that we knew for all these years?"

Now, I have seen alot of people talking about this, touching on it.  But I wanted to start a specific thread.  Because, at the end of the day, the manga was called Naruto.  He was supposed to be the main character.  Did he achieve his ambitions?  Did he 'succeed' according to the standards he set for himself throughout the manga?

1)  Become Hokage

Well apparently that fanction they are calling Ch 700 shows he becomes "7th Hokage".  I thought the strongest become Hokage, the one acknowledged by all, etc.  How is it that Kakashi gets there ahead of him.  Does not make sense.  It can be debated he was a bit of a dumbass, but it was ever thus.  Thats what support like Shikamaru is there for.

2)  Succeed in Jiraiya's quest

No idea.  I did not recognise any resolution, am I missing something?

3)  Promise of a lifetime

Hmm, he did beat Sauce did he not?

4)  Sakura

Errr...

The way I see it, the hero is the hero because he does the things that others cannot do.  Especially in a 'shonen' story.  The hero is a not some weak, lame, flip flopping MC, that would be a different genre entirely.  And the hero gets the girl.  The hero always gets the girl.  Thats why we like these types of stories.  The hero always gets the girl.

In answer to the question, the Naruto they gave us at the end is not Naruto at all.  Its some caricature of Naruto.

The Naruto we all knew would have got the girl he wanted.

And that, more than anything, is why this manga will be forever ruined.  Because OOC and insulting endings do destroy everything.

And the most disgusting thing is the delight on the Internet by so many.  There are so many people happy that Naruto and the others had their characters destroyed.  That just shows me that people cared more about their shipping than character development.  We followed NS because it was logical, plot driven, backed up by character development.  Its all a bit of a joke.

Edited by Sav from Australia, 11 November 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:00 PM

That's why I followed NaruSaku be cause of it's logic. Not just because main guy and main girl get together but because (before 699) they are most developed characters in the series and Kishi butchered them.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

It's not whether or not we consider Naruto the hero we knew. It is why did Kishi ever get the idea to S**T on his developments, hints and morals for the sake of a whim

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

The way I see it, the hero is the hero because he does the things that others cannot do.  Especially in a 'shonen' story.  The hero is a not some weak, lame, flip flopping MC, that would be a different genre entirely.  And the hero gets the girl.  The hero always gets the girl.  Thats why we like these types of stories.  The hero always gets the girl.

Pretty much this, especially the first part. The hero is supposed to do what others cannot, and I had always assumed that meant changing the ninja world, not simply achieving god-status powers to kill an alien. I thought there was more to Naruto's story than that...but apparently not. Everything from the war arc on was just...the opposite of what I expected. Suddenly all the other villages were quite happy to work together to fight zombies. Rather than making Naruto struggle to unite the world, that obstacle was resolved without his help. So what did he do that was so different than anyone else? The only thing Naruto did differently in the cycle was to decide not to kill Sasuke. That's it. Honestly, Naruto should have ended with Part 1; it would have been the same story...just not dragged on for no reason.

#5 Verme

Verme

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Turns out the girl didn't want to get caught by the hero.

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

Naruto won the battle with Sasuke...but he lost the story.

Sasuke ended up with everything he never wanted. Naruto got second place.

#7 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

Yeah he's still the hero.  He became Hokage and that was always his main goal.  He has a family now too.  It may not be with the girl he always wanted, but he still has one.  The movie will obviously explain how he fell in love with Hinata. 

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#8 mrgoibon

mrgoibon

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:ObiRin (lmao)

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yeah he's still the hero.  He became Hokage and that was always his main goal.  He has a family now too.  It may not be with the girl he always wanted, but he still has one.  The movie will obviously explain how he fell in love with Hinata. 

Yep, a family that he neglects. Why would Naruto, the boy who yearned family attention, neglect his own when he finally made one? Makes no sense and further adds to the OOC'ness of the story. 

#9 Verme

Verme

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yep, a family that he neglects. Why would Naruto, the boy who yearned family attention, neglect his own when he finally made one? Makes no sense and further adds to the OOC'ness of the story. 

He went to talk to his son when he had an army of men who he could send to do that for him, helped his son clean the mess he created and gave him son a heartfelt talk, which resulted in Naruto getting late to an important meeting. How is that neglecting? 

#10 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

The fact that his child felt the need to "act out" in the first place is a sign of neglect.  If Hinata is his mother, and she and Himawari wanted to visit Neiji's grave, why isn't she watching Bolt too?  If he ran away from her, why isn't she panicking?  

He is acting just like Naruto, which is cute and good for laughs, but also strange.  Naruto acted out for attention because he had no parents and no one in the village to parent him.  Bolt doesn't have that excuse.

Bolt calls Naruto a "kitten dad" for ignoring him. I would have hoped that Naruto would recognize the bad behavior in his son and realize that he needed more attention and acknowledgement from the parent side of things.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#11 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

The hero that never gave up, gave up.

Yeah, he's never going to be the same in my eyes.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Him giving up is like John Cena tapping out in front of the kids, and they're both fiction. Yeah...

#13 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

Naruto won the battle with Sasuke...but he lost the story.

Sasuke ended up with everything he never wanted. Naruto got second place.

Even then Naruto claimed he didn't want Sasuke's pity for that battle... he wanted to beat him in a fair fight, so all in all he started off with basically nothing and he ended up with a hollow future. Naruto's climax was the Pain Arc then it all went downhill for him

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Even then Naruto claimed he didn't want Sasuke's pity for that battle... he wanted to beat him in a fair fight, so all in all he started off with basically nothing and he ended up with a hollow future. Naruto's climax was the Pain Arc then it all went downhill for him

To be honest, it wouldn't be considered IF THE FINALE DIDNT GO BACKWARD! kittening drones out of nowhere destroyed the bridge.

#15 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

To be honest, it wouldn't be considered IF THE FINALE DIDNT GO BACKWARD! kittening drones out of nowhere destroyed the bridge.

tn_Untitled-33.jpg

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#16 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

All I will say is that NO he cannot

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

#17 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

The fact that his child felt the need to "act out" in the first place is a sign of neglect.  If Hinata is his mother, and she and Himawari wanted to visit Neiji's grave, why isn't she watching Bolt too?  If he ran away from her, why isn't she panicking?  

He is acting just like Naruto, which is cute and good for laughs, but also strange.  Naruto acted out for attention because he had no parents and no one in the village to parent him.  Bolt doesn't have that excuse.

Bolt calls Naruto a "sh*tty dad" for ignoring him. I would have hoped that Naruto would recognize the bad behavior in his son and realize that he needed more attention and acknowledgement from the parent side of things.

n6q2vr.jpg
2ivn2tv.jpg

#18 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:15 AM

Like Trix said, Naruto become Hokage but lost the story and the girl he loved.  He and Sakura are just not the same people that we knew and loved for the past 15 years, they were both so out of character it was painful to see.

By suddenly changing things at the ending, Kishimoto killed off his own story and the themes of surpassing previous generations and never giving up.  People looked up to Naruto and Sakura as role models, as an inspiration to overcome whatever life threw in their way, and they have now been badly let down by the author.

It's a real shame.

#19 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

This ending was abysmal for so many reasons beyond pairings but NaruSaku not happening despite everything leading up to it is my biggest complaint. I'll never get over that completely. I've accepted it, made my peace with it, but I'll never be okay with it.

#20 Ace of Circle

Ace of Circle

I am him.I am Ace.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga,Sport,
    Training,Taijutsu
    and Reading

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Even disregarding the fanfiction called Ch.699 and Ch.700, Naruto cannot be considered that hero.By the time he got to the fourth shinobi world war, he had lost his fear for survival.Since the start his battles were evenly matched and he was fighting to live,, afterwards he always had a massive advantage on his opponents and achieved God-like power.He no longer used any of the determination that saw him through all the way up to the Pain Arc.

Life goes on whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown.
Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could have been.
Ace

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, hero, we dont have a hero, back into the man i used to b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users