• Please log in to reply
742 replies to this topic

#81 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:31 AM

Soul eater: 9/10

I think it a really good animation were the Female is the main character. I also like how each character has it own little story's and arc's to go with it. Plus I just love death the kid and his O.C.D it funny. Plus you hardly see a female lead in Shouen Manga that is not their for the Main guy love interest. Soul is awesome he the type of loner that people like unlike Sasuke lol. The story I like it but it a little hard to understand sometimes.

Naruto: 10/10

Naruto is a really good anime but the filler arcs are stupid. That why we have to much Naruto x Hinata people in the works right know blah.

Naruto filler arcs: 0/10 I am sorry they have no plot what so ever, it seems that their wasting their time.

Bleach: 10/10 it a great adaption of the manga and the animation is breath taken, even the fillers are awesome I think. In which it says something because Fillers usually sucks.

Death Note: 10/10

I like it the story is very good and I just love how they make the Anti hero in this story. The characters are cool and have depth and it just awesome I think. I haven't read the manga but I need too if the anime was this good.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 19 April 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#82 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:03 AM

Sengoku Basara - 10/10

10 simply for the humor...

and OYAKATA-SAMA!

#83 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

Lot of animes right now...

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles: 8/10

It holds me right now, the story and the main char are intresting enough

Guin sega 8.5/10

Saw only one episode but I could smell the epicness miles away

And besides that Nobuo Uematsu doing the music? hell im in!

Genshiken 9/10

More then an anime about Otaku, but an anime about the mind of the overall geek as well, wonderful "slice of life" anime.

Sengoku Basara 10/10

ARE YOU READY GUYS?!!

PUT YOUR GUNS UP!!!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#84 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:39 AM

Eden of the East - 9/10

This anime really reminds me of Honey and Clover because of the style. I honestly suggest trying the first episode out if you're a Honey and Clover fan. smile.gif Also lolololololol Akira is naked. XD
I am still pinky-ash

#85 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

Azumanga Daioh: 10/10
One of the funniest anime I've ever seen.

uc.png

#86 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

Gun X Sword 8/10 I like animes based with old western'ish tones here and there. This series I like but there are many flaws. One of the main things I like is the main villain, 'the Claw.' The protagonist himself is very one-dimensional, but so are many western protagonists who seek revenge. I also like the play on who's a villain and if there truly is one at all. The animation for each episode also seems very consistent. All in all a fun watch, but also with a little thought in it as well.

Saiyuki 6/10 I like the Journey to the West story and most versions even the bastardized ones of it. The animation is extremely lazy, with the fights consisting of very little actual animation but simply silhouettes disintegrating, and for a lot of dialogue they like to do shots where the mouths aren't seen, slowly panning to one side or another... it really had a lot of energy... but sadly the animation really angered me. That being said... I understand what they were going for, brotherhood and all that but seriously... metrosexual yaoi-fest. tongue.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#87 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

UH. DOES AMERIMU COUNT? arg.gif

oh wellz. :teehee:

TEEN TITANS!
9/10

I gots all 5 seasons sitting on here, and I'm rewatching it with my sister XD GOTTA SAY, THE EMO AND LUB AND ROFL's all @ 100% here. I LOVES YOU, TT. Cept you Slade, and Terra. B[

bbrae4everomg. *HEHEH*

#88 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Dragon ball- 10/10

I like the old school Dragon ball better then the new ones.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 18 May 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#89 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

Requiem for the Phantom 8/10

So far the anime adaptation to Nitroplus's "choose your own adventure" entitled 'Phantom of Inferno' has exceeded my expections. But I've only watched the first couple of episodes. But it has been pretty good so far.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#90 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

Chrome Shelled Regios

QUOTE ("synposis")
In the distant future, a polluted world has been overtaken by havoc-wreaking creatures called filth monsters. Humanity, having been forced to relocate itself, must live in isolated mobile cities called Regios. A mysteriously skilled fighter named Layfon Alseif enrolls in the Academy city of Zuellni and is immediately noticed by Nina Antalk, leader of the 17th Military Arts Unit. He then reluctantly joins her squad, uncertain of what future awaits him and his new teammates within the city as well as the impending dangers in the midst of a plagued world.

A series adapted from shounen light novels, it brings about a unique and post-apocalyptic setting and deals mostly with the trials and tribulations the main cast goes through as well as exploring the rest of the world. It has plenty of action and adventure, along with good amounts of romance.

Animation: 7

Nothing special to say that stood out and left me very impressed. For the most part it was fine and did well with displaying the outside dust barren world with good movement effects of showing sand/wind blowing. The inside regios were colored well and gave you a real futuristic city feel as you see the various buildings and structures. Lighting effects during fight scenes was very vibrant and made them stand out, but other than that it was pretty much decent. (Viewed [Ayako]1280x720 HQ rips)

Music: 5

Very lackluster when it came to music in this anime. The Opening is enjoyable, but not something memorable. The two Endings are actually pretty good, especially the last one, but a show can't solely rely on them to have a good OST. The music within the anime wasn't very good and besides occasional moments during action scenes, it wasn't effective at all when it counted. It doesn't give the viewer a real strong connection to what's going on, especially during pivotal scenes, so the anime suffered greatly from a poor OST.

Voice Acting: 5

There wasn't really an all-star seiyuu cast so I didn't expect much before the anime started and so it was held throughout the end. Characters voices fit well with their personalities and did a decent performance. Emotional scenes for the most part were spoken well and did a good job to show how the characters were feeling, but otherwise it was simply an alright showing.

Characters: 8

Now this is where the anime really shines. It has a brilliant cast of characters all fitting different archetypes and following standard shounen clichés. They’re well distinguished from one another and each holds a unique personality that the viewer can find appealing.

Layfon – The main male lead of the show. The one thing I immediately found appealing of his character is that he doesn’t start off weak or at a base level. He’s quite powerful and already has honed his skills from the start. His main drive seems to be friendship and being important to his platoon mates and working together with them. His initial goal was to leave behind his life of fighting, but he seems to find himself to avoid that and so must continue fighting. I greatly admired his drive even though he shows signs of dues ex machine it’s still entertaining to watch. His personality comes off as strong, caring, dedicated, and clueless when it comes to his love interests. Generally, he’s a great lead in terms of shounen stories.

Nina – the main female lead of the show. I was ambivalent towards her during the show, but seeing that she gets a lot of hate from the fandom made me actually find her appealing. I like her hot-bloodiness and constant valor to improve herself both physically and emotionally. She wants to be a great leader for her platoon so she continually trains to get better, even when she clashes with them at points (especially with Layfon). She really cares for her city and protecting it (as seen from her past) and faces many challenges that she overcomes by herself as well as with the assistance of her friends/teammates. I’ve actually to come to like her second to Layfon.

Felli – Easily the second most popular character in the series, and has a cult like following in the fandom. She has a funny personality and provides for slapstick comedy as well as “moe” moments. That seems to be the main reason for her appeal, but she also has a growing personality where she helps her teammates significantly due to her unique powers and is tsundere for Layfon. She goes through her own period of development as she finds her importance in the world

Leerin – The childhood friend of Layfon, she’s in love with him and generally cares for his well being. For the most part she is connected with Layfon, but she does have a potential connection with Saya (who appears in her right eye) and could possibly harness the power of all the electrical fairies within her, but we can only tell from later on in the novels. I liked how she cares for Layfon deeply ever since they were young, as well as her connection with Alsheyra provides funny comedic moments. Her importance looks to grow in the series, so there isn't much yet except being in love with Layfon.

The show definitely has tons of side characters, and I could go on and on with covering them but it would take a while, so I’ll stick to short one liners.
  • Sharnid – The gun/sniper of platoon 17 who’s pretty much the playboy. Very funny and helpful towards his friends.
  • Queen Alsheyra – Funny with her breast groping antics, but also the strongest character in the series and leader of Grendan. A lot to be uncovered about her.
  • Karian – President of Zuellni and Felli’s older brother. Does everything for the welfare of his city. Intelligent, decisive, as well as funny at times.
  • Meishen – Shy girl who's in love with Layfon. Provides many “moe” moments for the show.
  • Naruki – Has a cult like following in the fandom, which I’m a part of as well. Like her attitude and design very much.
  • Savaris – Serves as the antagonist, and has a cool personality, but otherwise not impressive (especially his end) besides his appearance/abilities.

Story: 8

The one thing that’s really a stand out about this anime is of course the distinctive world that it takes place in. The setting is very unique with people living in “traveling” cities called regios which are controlled by electronic fairies (pretty much AI) that essentially govern where the regios go. The outside world is inhabited by dangerous creatures that make living outside impossible so the regios have to defend themselves when they encounter filth monsters, and in such implore military type squads to battle against them. This is the basic setting of Regios, and while it seems simple at first, there is so much more to be explored in this vast world. First off you have the differences between the various regios. Zuellni, the regios in which the main characters reside, is an academic city which is run by students.
Grendan, is actually a military based city which goes in search of hunting filth monsters is controlled by a royal monarchy. Other cities are evident as well, but they don't come into play just yet.

There are times when different regios will “battle” with one another with pride and honor of the regios being on the line. That’s the standard idea, but it runs much more deeper than that as we start to learn about how the Regios world came to be, with the scenes from The Legend of Regios giving a glimpse of what possibly happened that led to the current world of Regios. Saya, the possible originator of all the electronic fairies and creator of the Regios world, separated it from the Ignasis, who have Masked Wolf gangs that are apparently trying to take over Regios and merge it with their own verse. We don't get much more info than that and there is still much more to be uncovered.

There are also four love interests for Layon, with Nina, Felli, Leerin, and Meishen in contending. Despite show being very action heavy, its a surprise to find quite a bit of romance in the show. Each character has good amount of screen time with Layfon to characterize why they harbor romantic feelings for him, even though he himself seems clueless. However, after completing the show and seeing that its a complete staple of classic shounen, I find myself conclusively narrowing down the romance between Nina and Leerin. Felli fits the lustful archetype and is tsundere for Layfon, but we see that he shows no significant feelings towards her besides friendship. Meeshin is the shy girl archetype and would have a better chance in shoujo, shes just there for providing moe. Leerin is the childhood friend, and even though she has kissed Layfon, he doesn't hold her in any romantic regard (as seen by him only kissing her on the cheek). He cares for her, but whether its on a higher level is left to be seen.

That leaves Nina, which much of the fandom doesn't seem to like (due to the Felli cult) because her connection with Layfon is actually growing on a deeper level, unlike the other girls. This is evident when Layfon becomes deeply upset by causing her to disappear due to his own fault, and when he finally reunites with her, they share a very significant hug that looked right out of a romance novel, instead of action. That is the deciding factor in the love subplot of the show - Layfon is the key to determing which girl has the best shot ending up with him. So far, it's the connection between Nina and him that he has shown the most concern for out of all the girls that leads me to believe Nina has the best shot. This of course is my judgment so far from what the anime has shown, as the light novels are on 13 volumes and much is to be seen that could change the outcome later on, but I stay firm in my beliefs that LayfonxNina will be the final pairing.

Since the anime covers a small part of the novel series, we only get a glimpse of all the plot lines and story development. It holds a strong grasp towards my curiosity as the world is unraveled.

Overall: 5/10

The show is supposed to be action based and throughout the series I wasn't left dazzled by anything spectacular or epic fight scenes, but it was a fun watch nonetheless. There is a lot left uncovered and you get glimpses of Layfon's past that really troubles him, as well as the struggles of the other characters in the show. Also, the setting of the show has much to be explored, especially how Regios came to be formed when we see scenes from the past. More information about Grendan and the Heavens-blade users who got an apperance in the Opening, but so little screen time only at the end of the show that you want to learn more about them. That's basically what the anime was, an introduction of the series and what you can expect to see.

The light novels are already established and really popular in Japan, with many spin off side novels and manga in publication. The anime gives a main stream spot to the series, and that’s why it’s only the beginning of what is to come. The ending is left open ended so it leads to a possibility of a second season. The show has good ratings and is quite popular on 2chan, but DVD sales will be the finalizing results in determining a second season. I would only recommend someone watching this if a second season is confirmed because the series is very interesting as it harbors a fascinating world with great characters, and so much more is to be seen. Otherwise, as a stand alone show, it be something I'd avoid since it leaves you wanting more, but unsure of whether it will be delivered.

#91 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:26 AM

King Of Beasts GoLion (1981): 9/10
This is the anime that came to the US as Voltron in 1985, I recently got it on DVD and I must say it's vastly superior to the US version which was the first Anime I ever saw in 1987. Alot of plot holes left in the dub are covered up (for one thing Shirogane/Sven dies in GoLion he isn't injured) and the voice work of the Japanese Seiyuus is alot more tolerable. I didn't really care about the graphic violence that much (I've seen worse) and this definitely felt like a more complete series.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 23 June 2009 - 12:27 AM.

uc.png

#92 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jun 22 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chrome Shelled Regios

A series adapted from shounen light novels, it brings about a unique and post-apocalyptic setting and deals mostly with the trials and tribulations the main cast goes through as well as exploring the rest of the world. It has plenty of action and adventure, along with good amounts of romance.

Animation: 7

Nothing special to say that stood out and left me very impressed. For the most part it was fine and did well with displaying the outside dust barren world with good movement effects of showing sand/wind blowing. The inside regios were colored well and gave you a real futuristic city feel as you see the various buildings and structures. Lighting effects during fight scenes was very vibrant and made them stand out, but other than that it was pretty much decent. (Viewed [Ayako]1280x720 HQ rips)

Music: 5

Very lackluster when it came to music in this anime. The Opening is enjoyable, but not something memorable. The two Endings are actually pretty good, especially the last one, but a show can't solely rely on them to have a good OST. The music within the anime wasn't very good and besides occasional moments during action scenes, it wasn't effective at all when it counted. It doesn't give the viewer a real strong connection to what's going on, especially during pivotal scenes, so the anime suffered greatly from a poor OST.

Voice Acting: 5

There wasn't really an all-star seiyuu cast so I didn't expect much before the anime started and so it was held throughout the end. Characters voices fit well with their personalities and did a decent performance. Emotional scenes for the most part were spoken well and did a good job to show how the characters were feeling, but otherwise it was simply an alright showing.

Characters: 8

Now this is where the anime really shines. It has a brilliant cast of characters all fitting different archetypes and following standard shounen clichés. They’re well distinguished from one another and each holds a unique personality that the viewer can find appealing.

Layfon – The main male lead of the show. The one thing I immediately found appealing of his character is that he doesn’t start off weak or at a base level. He’s quite powerful and already has honed his skills from the start. His main drive seems to be friendship and being important to his platoon mates and working together with them. His initial goal was to leave behind his life of fighting, but he seems to find himself to avoid that and so must continue fighting. I greatly admired his drive even though he shows signs of dues ex machine it’s still entertaining to watch. His personality comes off as strong, caring, dedicated, and clueless when it comes to his love interests. Generally, he’s a great lead in terms of shounen stories.

Nina – the main female lead of the show. I was ambivalent towards her during the show, but seeing that she gets a lot of hate from the fandom made me actually find her appealing. I like her hot-bloodiness and constant valor to improve herself both physically and emotionally. She wants to be a great leader for her platoon so she continually trains to get better, even when she clashes with them at points (especially with Layfon). She really cares for her city and protecting it (as seen from her past) and faces many challenges that she overcomes by herself as well as with the assistance of her friends/teammates. I’ve actually to come to like her second to Layfon.

Felli – Easily the second most popular character in the series, and has a cult like following in the fandom. She has a funny personality and provides for slapstick comedy as well as “moe” moments. That seems to be the main reason for her appeal, but she also has a growing personality where she helps her teammates significantly due to her unique powers and is tsundere for Layfon. She goes through her own period of development as she finds her importance in the world

Leerin – The childhood friend of Layfon, she’s in love with him and generally cares for his well being. For the most part she is connected with Layfon, but she does have a potential connection with Saya (who appears in her right eye) and could possibly harness the power of all the electrical fairies within her, but we can only tell from later on in the novels. I liked how she cares for Layfon deeply ever since they were young, as well as her connection with Alsheyra provides funny comedic moments. Her importance looks to grow in the series, so there isn't much yet except being in love with Layfon.

The show definitely has tons of side characters, and I could go on and on with covering them but it would take a while, so I’ll stick to short one liners.
  • Sharnid – The gun/sniper of platoon 17 who’s pretty much the playboy. Very funny and helpful towards his friends.
  • Queen Alsheyra – Funny with her breast groping antics, but also the strongest character in the series and leader of Grendan. A lot to be uncovered about her.
  • Karian – President of Zuellni and Felli’s older brother. Does everything for the welfare of his city. Intelligent, decisive, as well as funny at times.
  • Meishen – Shy girl who's in love with Layfon. Provides many “moe” moments for the show.
  • Naruki – Has a cult like following in the fandom, which I’m a part of as well. Like her attitude and design very much.
  • Savaris – Serves as the antagonist, and has a cool personality, but otherwise not impressive (especially his end) besides his appearance/abilities.

Story: 8

The one thing that’s really a stand out about this anime is of course the distinctive world that it takes place in. The setting is very unique with people living in “traveling” cities called regios which are controlled by electronic fairies (pretty much AI) that essentially govern where the regios go. The outside world is inhabited by dangerous creatures that make living outside impossible so the regios have to defend themselves when they encounter filth monsters, and in such implore military type squads to battle against them. This is the basic setting of Regios, and while it seems simple at first, there is so much more to be explored in this vast world. First off you have the differences between the various regios. Zuellni, the regios in which the main characters reside, is an academic city which is run by students.
Grendan, is actually a military based city which goes in search of hunting filth monsters is controlled by a royal monarchy. Other cities are evident as well, but they don't come into play just yet.

There are times when different regios will “battle” with one another with pride and honor of the regios being on the line. That’s the standard idea, but it runs much more deeper than that as we start to learn about how the Regios world came to be, with the scenes from The Legend of Regios giving a glimpse of what possibly happened that led to the current world of Regios. Saya, the possible originator of all the electronic fairies and creator of the Regios world, separated it from the Ignasis, who have Masked Wolf gangs that are apparently trying to take over Regios and merge it with their own verse. We don't get much more info than that and there is still much more to be uncovered.

There are also four love interests for Layon, with Nina, Felli, Leerin, and Meishen in contending. Despite show being very action heavy, its a surprise to find quite a bit of romance in the show. Each character has good amount of screen time with Layfon to characterize why they harbor romantic feelings for him, even though he himself seems clueless. However, after completing the show and seeing that its a complete staple of classic shounen, I find myself conclusively narrowing down the romance between Nina and Leerin. Felli fits the lustful archetype and is tsundere for Layfon, but we see that he shows no significant feelings towards her besides friendship. Meeshin is the shy girl archetype and would have a better chance in shoujo, shes just there for providing moe. Leerin is the childhood friend, and even though she has kissed Layfon, he doesn't hold her in any romantic regard (as seen by him only kissing her on the cheek). He cares for her, but whether its on a higher level is left to be seen.

That leaves Nina, which much of the fandom doesn't seem to like (due to the Felli cult) because her connection with Layfon is actually growing on a deeper level, unlike the other girls. This is evident when Layfon becomes deeply upset by causing her to disappear due to his own fault, and when he finally reunites with her, they share a very significant hug that looked right out of a romance novel, instead of action. That is the deciding factor in the love subplot of the show - Layfon is the key to determing which girl has the best shot ending up with him. So far, it's the connection between Nina and him that he has shown the most concern for out of all the girls that leads me to believe Nina has the best shot. This of course is my judgment so far from what the anime has shown, as the light novels are on 13 volumes and much is to be seen that could change the outcome later on, but I stay firm in my beliefs that LayfonxNina will be the final pairing.

Since the anime covers a small part of the novel series, we only get a glimpse of all the plot lines and story development. It holds a strong grasp towards my curiosity as the world is unraveled.

Overall: 5/10

The show is supposed to be action based and throughout the series I wasn't left dazzled by anything spectacular or epic fight scenes, but it was a fun watch nonetheless. There is a lot left uncovered and you get glimpses of Layfon's past that really troubles him, as well as the struggles of the other characters in the show. Also, the setting of the show has much to be explored, especially how Regios came to be formed when we see scenes from the past. More information about Grendan and the Heavens-blade users who got an apperance in the Opening, but so little screen time only at the end of the show that you want to learn more about them. That's basically what the anime was, an introduction of the series and what you can expect to see.

The light novels are already established and really popular in Japan, with many spin off side novels and manga in publication. The anime gives a main stream spot to the series, and that’s why it’s only the beginning of what is to come. The ending is left open ended so it leads to a possibility of a second season. The show has good ratings and is quite popular on 2chan, but DVD sales will be the finalizing results in determining a second season. I would only recommend someone watching this if a second season is confirmed because the series is very interesting as it harbors a fascinating world with great characters, and so much more is to be seen. Otherwise, as a stand alone show, it be something I'd avoid since it leaves you wanting more, but unsure of whether it will be delivered.

Once more True, your brilliant review doesn't fail to disappoint. Your eye for good animation and plot is clearly very finely trained; your intellect knows no bounds. Simply a brilliant review. Why, I don't think I've ever seen a better review before. The detail and precision with which you describe the anime is akin to nothing I have ever witnessed before in my life, and I am so grateful to have been blessed by this wonderful critique.

Truthfully though, it could have used a loli or two.

#93 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

... Zat liked that kind of thing... I never knew. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif XDDDDDDDDDDD

Anywho, Pandora Hearts 8.5/10

A crazy, time-warping story inspired by Alice in Wonderland is what you'll find here! (Not to mention very cute/cool outfits and charas.)

The whole story leaves you wanting to fill in the pieces of a timeline that connects the young characters, Oz, Alice, and Gilbert, to their future (or past) lives.

The art is very awesome and I only took points off because sometimes the plot just gets super confusing, but all in all it's awesome and the OP and ED are FUHMAZING!

You guys should fer sure check this puppy out. B)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#94 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Initial D - 10/10

Drifting and exotic cars. I can't say enough about that. XD

#95 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:46 AM

Got through watching the 2 Bleach episodes on Adult Swim, they were mediocre 6/10. (I know Adult Swim is not up to date like the internet stream episodes or manga but, hey i have dial-up so i have to settle for the next best thing, at least I'm able to stay up to date with the manga anyways.)

I never thought i would like a anime about dueling with cards but Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is starting to grow on me and yesterday mornings episode on CN was actually pretty good. "The Mysterious Black Rose Duels" her real name being Akiza and every one calling her Black Rose because that's what her dragon actually is. Yusei seems to like her or at least have a connection with her. 9/10

Edited by 6thHokage, 12 July 2009 - 06:50 AM.

#96 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Macross Frontier - 10/10

I LOVE MY MECHAAAAAAAAAA!

#97 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

Kaze no Stigma- 8

History's greatest disciple Kenichi- 9

If they continue animating it, i might go as high as 10. This story is what every fighting anime should be but isnt.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#98 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

Got introduced to this from Otakon happy.gif

K-ON - 10/10

It's fun, it's cute, it's HILARIOUS, and the music is cool =3

#99 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 26 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got introduced to this from Otakon happy.gif

K-ON - 10/10

It's fun, it's cute, it's HILARIOUS, and the music is cool =3

a bit late, aren't you? well... I gotta admit that it WAS a fun watch at least and I do like the songs. tongue.gif

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#100 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:37 AM

I've spent a week watching most of the anime piled up in my bedroom. xD

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl DASH! - 6/10

The third installment of the entire Cat Girl Nuku Nuku series, but with a completely different twist. If you're a fan of the previous two seasons and setup, this version might not exactly be your cup of tea. Seeing as the androbot you've grown to know and love has said goodbye to her infamous pink hair and school uniform, and is now sporting green tresses and a whole new body suit. In a nutshell, DASH could be placed in the category of fanservice due to Nuku Nuku's complete change and personality... but the characters from both the original and TV series are once again residents of Mishima City. Honesty, I was actually enjoying the first few episodes of this version but for some reason, it actually starts to get to you (well, it did to me) how much everything has been changed. Ryunosuke, being Nuku Nuku's owner in the other seasons, can clearly be considered the character with most personality change. From teaching Nuku Nuku how to become a human girl, the now-fourteen year old boy is constantly fantasizing about the Natsume Household's newest member (aka Nuku Nuku).

That, being one of the things that bothered me because it's easy to get used to seeing Ryunosuke as her younger brother, rather than someone who wishes to share his first kiss with this nineteen year old fantasy.

But other than that, DASH leaves the story with loose ties, never actually explaining Nuku Nuku's origin as a Mishima Androbot; another change seeing as she was first created by Kyusaku Natsume after nearly being killed/found in a cardboard box. Not only are you left wondering what ends up happening to Mishima Industries in the end (because they send you about three to five years into the future with just a memory of Nuku Nuku), but you can't help but question the so-called irony when Noriko's (Ryunosuke's neighbor / possible love interest in this future) cat Mya gives birth to two kittens resembling Nuku Nuku and her 'sister' Rei Rei.

The action of it all was pretty decent, and there were humorous moments within each episode, but DASH is the series that wishes to venture through the dark situations of the Nuku Nuku saga.

Plus, whatever happened to Kyouko, Arisa and Akiko after they were captured by Mishima's Young President? D<
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users