54175 replies to this topic

#51721 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:29 AM

Kishimotos writing in general isnt very good, I think naruto manga was suppose to flop in the very beginning if it wasn't for the editor that he had. 

This crap would have made into the story if wasn't for good editor saying no to it.

To start, the program confirmed Kishimoto's interest in naming two characters differently. Gaara was originally created as Jotaro, but his first editor Kosuke Yahagi suggested Gaara was a better option. As for Zabuza, the editor gifted the mercenary his name after Kishimoto tried to name the Hidden Mist rogue Momotaro. Oh, and the editor gave the artist a scolding for making Kakashi talk like an old man when he was said to be the Sharingan Devil.

As for other changes, the program confirmed a few more changes which the editor suggested to Kishhimoto. You can check out the full list below:

“Cutting out a ton of exposition.
Putting in Sasuke.
Making the Wave Country arc (with Zabuza/Haku).
Stopping him from making the hokage and teachers animals.
Having all the characters take the Chunin Exam all at once.
The models for Rock Lee and the other Chunin Exam characters.
Turning Naruto from a fox into a human.
Changing Zabuza’s partner Haku from a bear into a human.
Giving the protagonist narrow eyes and the rival wider eyes.
Having him make the names of jutsu consistent for worlbuilding’s sake, rather than random and all over the place.”

As you can see, those changes alter some of the most important parts of Naruto. From Sasuke to Rock Lee, no one was spared from a few alterations, and fans agree the changes were for the best. After all, it is hard to imagine Tsunade as some sort of animal Hokage, but something about Haku becoming a bear does sound great.

#51722 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:58 AM

Had a very interesting conversation with my cousin, and I wanted to get your guys thoughts on it...

Road to Ninja Naruto The Movie can be watched without prior knowledge to the series.

Agree or disagree?

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 April 2020 - 05:59 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#51723 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:37 AM

Had a very interesting conversation with my cousin, and I wanted to get your guys thoughts on it...

Road to Ninja Naruto The Movie can be watched without prior knowledge to the series.

Agree or disagree?

A bit but you'd need a basic understanding of the characters.

#51724 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

Agree or disagree?

Possibly.

As Vanitas said, you'll need a basic understanding about the characters. 

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#51725 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:27 PM

Possibly.

As Vanitas said, you'll need a basic understanding about the characters. 

Exactly. And some basic ideas of what has gone on beforehand.

#51726 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:30 PM

...You need to know the basic of team 7's dynamic at that time. Sasuke was their friend but left, Naruto is an orphan, and Sakura likes Sasuke and is liked by Naruto. Also the Akatsuki are the bad guys hunting Naruto because he has a demon inside him.

#51727 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:57 PM

...You need to know the basic of team 7's dynamic at that time. Sasuke was their friend but left, Naruto is an orphan, and Sakura likes Sasuke and is liked by Naruto. Also the Akatsuki are the bad guys hunting Naruto because he has a demon inside him.

Also kind of need to know that in the Road to Ninja universe, it was all opposite.

Naruto was named Menma and had parents.
Sakura had the hots for Menma, not Sasuke.
and Hinata was a kitten.

So honestly, you might just be able to watch it without it. Using what was already established will make it confusing.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51728 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:31 AM

Also kind of need to know that in the Road to Ninja universe, it was all opposite.
Naruto was named Menma and had parents.
Sakura had the hots for Menma, not Sasuke.
and Hinata was a kitten.
So honestly, you might just be able to watch it without it. Using what was already established will make it confusing.

True but til they get to that world you'd be confused if not knowing the characters and story even if the movie isn't canon

#51729 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:13 AM

Agree or disagree?

I can kind of understand the the opinion that Road to Ninja can be  watched without prior knowledge of the series, but disagree. Before I get into that though, I want the idea clarifed a bit so I'll try see if I can guess the view point of that topic. Am I under the the assumption that the debate for this is Road to Ninja can be enjoyed with out actually being a fan of Naruto and would actually be a good gate way to get into the Naruto series? That you can just come across the movie one day, watch it and then be drawn into the series? Well that is possible, I can't deny it. There can be cases like that. With that out of the way.............

Well the obvious argument against that opinion is Road to Ninja, like any other Naruto movie, or any anime movie based on a manga in general is that like others here have said , to truly appreciate Road to Ninja as a story and understand the conflict, character motivations, reasons for the story to even play out etc. etc. you HAVE TO have prior knowledge of the series. Naruto movies are not like like anime movies that are stand alone like "Your Name", "Weathering with You", "Summer Wars", or any other movie along those lines where the movie itself is the story and makes sure you understand the characters and plotlines in the movie. Naruto and other manga based anime movies are different in that they are made with the assumption that the audience is up to date with the story in the manga/ anime series already in some shape or form or at least know the basic structure of the story. You don't see any explanation or back ground story of the characters to explain who they are, what they are doing and why they are doing it, nor are you given any reason to sympathize with them. Basically, the argument against Road to Ninja can be watched and liked as a good movie without Prior knowledge to Naruto is that the movie was made for existing fans that already enjoy Naruto. It is not made for consideration nor is it consumer friendly to those that were not fans of the franchise to begin with, and you can see it in the movie's structure. Just saying.

But I CAN SEE WHY either you or your cousin would say that :yes: Don't get me wrong

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 April 2020 - 11:49 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51730 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:30 PM

It just shows you too how off the walls The Last is in the long haul though with how it basically spits in the face of what the series is, while at least Road to Ninja stays true to it.

#51731 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:13 PM

Alright, I am asking a favor from you guys.

So you all remember Road to Ninja? Good. Well, I am looking for the interview or the behind the scenes book that talks about how Kishimoto wanted to do a scene with Naruto asking Sakura on a date or something at the end, but they cut it. Does anyone have this?

I swear this occurred, but I can't find what I am looking for.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51732 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:04 PM

Well, I never even watched the interview so I won't be much help. Did he specifically state in that Interview Sakura was going to accept? I mean he still did in the movie, Sakura just brushed it off by saying they already went on one for comedy

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 April 2020 - 06:04 PM.

#51733 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

Well, I never even watched the interview so I won't be much help. Did he specifically state in that Interview Sakura was going to accept? I mean he still did in the movie, Sakura just brushed it off by saying they already went on one for comedy

No, it was that there was a scene that involved Naruto asking Sakura out in front of her parents, but never came of it.

I actually sort of found a link, but it doesn't work anymore. Alot of the old interviews don't work anymore.

It is okay. I'll keep looking

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 April 2020 - 06:06 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#51734 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:12 PM

Hmm Well I could try, but I'm not much good at searching for these kinds of things :pinch:

#51735 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:53 AM

Guys... I'm 31.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#51736 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:40 PM

Guys... I'm 31.

Happy birthday.

#51737 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 03:24 PM

Guys... I'm 31.

Happy birthday!!!

#51738 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:03 PM

Guys... I'm 31.

HAPPY BIRFDAY!!

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#51739 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:59 AM

:) Happy birthday!!!

#51740 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:11 PM

If Sakura never truly showed any form of affection towards Naruto, why did he not move on during Shippuuden like a normal hero should, like a normal person would set up a romance plot. Hinata injured, Naruto visits her at the hospital, they spend time together, he eventually loses interest in Sakura. Did that happen? Did he even mention Hinata after she confessed her feelings?

I cannot hate or blame Hinata as a character, she was super shy and even brought up the courage to both confess her love and face an opponent way more powerful than herself. She was kicked into oblivion after that and only revived during the last arc to kill off Neji and trip over a rock. In Boruto she is basically a housewife with unrequited love towards Borutos dad. She would have deserved better, at least make her marry someone who truly loves her, not pair her up with the MC for fanservice.

As for Naruto, he would have deserved a more stable personality. Not only did he not stand his Ninja word, but he also lost everything that made him so special towards the end of the series. He let go off Sakura in an instant in the Last, he missed his Hokage ceremony!! Because of his kids. He is miserable and has, on top of that, a horrible haircut.

If people tell me I am mad at the creators for letting NaruSaku sink, it's not true. It only adds up on the already existing list. There are, like always, positive aspects too, but this is a rant so there's no place for that.

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users