12 replies to this topic

#1 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

Okay here's the thing. I want to have a discussion about how I feel regarding the way Team 7's bonds are portrayed. Now Kishi has explained that bonds are the most important feature in Naruto and that's fine. I'm okay with Naruto and Sakura cherishing their bond with Sasuke. The main problem I have is that Naruto and Sakura have a sort of obsession with having Sasuke back with them, and apparently can not move on with their  lives if he's not with them. My problem with that is they feel that if they don't physically have him back then their bond with him is broken, and not accepting the fact that it's not broken but changed. Sasuke HAS CHANGED, but they must insist he be the person that he was and for everything to go back to their early days whereas Itachi did not feel compelled to revert Sasuke back to anything. He said will love Sasuke no matter what the latter's choices and goals are from there on out. That seems much more of a bond than what Kishi is beating to death again and again with the Team 7 scenario. Naruto and Sakura are under the impression that that they have to have Sasuke back with them else they don't have a bond with him anymore, which makes their connection seem shallow and them looking needy doesn't it? Well, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this in any case.  :smile:    

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 October 2014 - 11:11 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Sigh, oh Team Seven, what happened. 

My Thoughts: 

To be honest, I've always thought their reasons to bring back Sasuke were way to childish and simple. Back in Part 1, Sakura only wanted Sasuke back because him leaving the village was her first time experiencing a heartbreak, and Naruto wanted Sasuke back because he believed he had a bond with Sasuke stronger than a friendship. But.... 

It's always been shown that the Naruto/Sasuke dynamic has been 70:30. Naruto put in the most effort in their friendship, and Sasuke only responded back when they were on the verge of death from fighting. And when that wasn't happening, he was just being salty or competitive. But that's all their friendship really was. I like to think that Naruto really cherished Sasuke more than he should have because he was one of the first people to acknowledge his strength, and that meant a lot to him. But as for Sasuke, he never saw the relationship on that level, or maybe he did, he just never thought it was that important and it shouldn't have gotten in the way of him finding Itachi. Either way it's still not healthy. 

And as for Sakura and Sasuke, I saw nothing there. I mean friendship-wise. Once again, he only showed emotion for her in-battle, but that shouldn't constitute everything. When they were together as a team, performing various tasks/missions, he barely ever acknowledged her existence. The only person doing the "acknowledging" was Sakura, because, well, she was immature and twisted her own reality.  

The thing I like about Kakashi is that Kishimoto does a great job explaining his feelings, considering that 1. He's not a hard to understand character, and 2. He keeps his thoughts to himself most of the time. Because of this we very so often get panels explaining what Kakashi thinks about his students. So basically- He thought Sakura was brilliant, yet immature; He thought Naruto was embodied potential, just childish; he thought Sasuke was gifted, but twisted. Basically what everybody thought about the crew back in part 1.  

Now in Part 2, the reasons of getting Sasuke back has blown out of proportions! I think the biggest flaw in this manga is that the characters don't know when to let go. Because in reality, friendships do fail. And if Sakura would have gotten over her feelings for Sasuke, and if Naruto had gotten stronger to defeat him once he knew he became a threat to the village, then it would have been more realistic. But instead Sakura ended up loving him even more (???) and Naruto daydreams of saving him, completely ignoring the fact that Sasuke has gone quite ballistic. Do the characters realize that people change over time? I doubt it. And that's the problem. None of them even interacted for 2 years! They have to "re-learn" each other all over again.  

And that's my thoughts on the relationship of Team 7. The whole "because he was my friend" thing comes off as so forced to me. The had good times, but...

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#3 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Team Seven's Relationship can be summed up in one word- FORCED.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#4 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Sasuke has said in LOI that he doesn't want to be bothered with, yet Naruto and Sakura keep trying to bring him back. He doesn't want to be back in team 7. I don't know how much clearer he can be. I can understand their pursuit of trying to stop him from doing evil deeds, but it goes beyond that. They want more than that. They want him back in team 7 and they won't accept no as an answer.

I admit that Sasuke is messed up, but their obsession over Sasuke is sad and pathetic. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#5 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Sasuke has said in LOI that he doesn't want to be bothered with, yet Naruto and Sakura keep trying to bring him back. He doesn't want to be back in team 7. I don't know how much clearer he can be. I can understand their pursuit of trying to stop him from doing evil deeds, but it goes beyond that. They want more than that. They want him back in team 7 and they won't accept no as an answer.

I admit that Sasuke is messed up, but their obsession over Sasuke is sad and pathetic. 

To kill them is the last no

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#6 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

Very true.

When it comes to Team Seven's relationship with each other, the only one who makes any sort of sense is Sasuke :twitch:  

Naruto and Sakura are like- 'Sasuke, Come back!' , 'Sasuke, we need you with us!' , 'Sasuke, our life is incomplete without you!' 

and Sasuke is like-' Seriously! Just leave me alone and get on with your lives! Focus on yourselves more.'

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#7 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

and Sasuke is like-' Seriously! Just leave me alone and get on with your lives! Focus on yourselves more.'

NS fans would agree  with that.

Edited by Liu bie, 01 October 2014 - 02:43 PM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#8 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

NS fans would agree  with that.

Absolutely. SS fans always call Naruto the biggest SS supporter, Imagine if Sasuke ends up rooting for NS. That would be fun, wouldn't it?  :chuckle:

Edited by ns.Believe.It, 01 October 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#9 Hiyuusha

Hiyuusha

Hanzo Hattori

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Hanging out with bros, writing, prepping ingredients for pizza, making pizza, cooking pizza, slicing pizza, boxing pizza, packing pizza, delivering pizza, opening pizza boxes, grabbing slices of pizza, eating pizza, tasting pizza, swallowing pizza, digesting pizza, and ramen too! Also, I love to make Rasencookies - dattebayo! Lolno.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Absolutely. SS fans always call Naruto the biggest SS supporter, Imagine if Sasuke ends up rooting for NS. That would be fun, wouldn't it?  :chuckle:

The funny part is, he probably would just so sakura would stop bugging him

#10 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Lol their relationship? Dysfunctional as hell.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#11 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

They are one team that shouldn't be a team.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#12 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:07 AM

To Be Fair. They'd Be the Strongest Team out there... Sasuke just have to mess up everything!

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#13 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

To Be Fair. They'd Be the Strongest Team out there... Sasuke just have to mess up everything!

The strongest, but the most incompatible. They're like constantly fighting amongst each other in some way or another, in whatever arc your in xD Like I said: dysfunctional  :no:

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users