Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#21 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

Aw, I was hoping it would be a stupid rivalry between Naruto and Lee over Sakura. XD (with both boys failing, of course)

But this was still fun! I did have an issue with Sakura appearing defenceless against a bunch of ninja, but this is just a comedy spin-off so I'll overlook it.

Poor Lee. Icha-Icha just isn't the way to woo your love. That's why Kakashi is single. tongue.gif The LeeTen bit at the end was cute, and I liked Neji's reaction at reading the book with his Byakugan!

Oh, and since it looks like we're putting all chapters in this thread, please keep all spoilers within spoiler tags for 2 days after each chapter release. Thanks. smile.gif

#22 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

First one was dissapointing, had too many obvious gags so was not amused, liked the second one though, still had obvious gags but was amusing atleast.

Lets just hope people don't start thinking this is canon.

iAnby7W.gif

#23 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

One of my favorite things so far about this series is Neiji being used in a comedic light. I love this team's dynamic, which is one of the reasons why I really liked the Curry of Life filler from part 1. Oh yes, I also like LeeTen! smile.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#24 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Second chapter wasn't as good. I have a serious problem with the way Sakura was portrayed, even if it's a manga for kids.

Kakashi's explanation for why he wears his mask is great, though.

#25 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

I wasn't comfortable with how Sakura was being portrayed, either.

If we are being generous, when she was facing 5 ninjas, there was the possibility that she would kick their backsides anyways. Lee's sneak attack only worked because they were closing on her. She was thinking "what should I do?", which is not the same as her thinking that there was nothing she could do.

#26 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

I'm really disapointed with this chapter, it wasn't as good a the first. I know that it's for children but I really don't like the way they show Sakura. I mean, in the real manga, she kick the ass of guy that are obvious of how to compliment a girl...don't need to say who and other for calling her 'hag' or 'ugly'...again, don't need to say who so, to me, seeing Sakura running away crying like a sissy because of what Lee said doesn't really suite well for me.

I would have skip that part and forget it if it wan't for the end...GOD, like Sakura couldn't kick the ass of those unknown ninja, that was patetic, even if it was for the matter of showing Lee trying to protect what is precious to him.

However, I still like some part of it, like Kakashi's reason to wear his mask ( LOL, that's so lame laugh.gif ) and LeeTen moment in the end, it was really sweet happy.gif . BTW, I really like Tenten in this spinoff, she's so cool.

#27 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

It was okay I guess. There was some humorous stuff in it that made me chuckle a bit but I didn't really feel comfortable with how Sakura was portrayed either. In the actual manga she would most likely kick the asses of those random cannon-fodder ninja and I doubt that she would cry like a sissy after the stunts that Lee pulled. She'd most likely be like "F*** YOU!!!!!!!!! rawr.gif " and proceed to punch Lee and the redshirts in the face.

I guess I can kind of understand it since the fact of the matter is that this is a kids manga and all, but I still don't really feel comfortable with the portrayal of Sakura's character. I just hope that the author of this spinoff doesn't hate Sakura (he can either like her character in the actual manga or can have neutral feelings about her, as long as he's not a Sakura hater, I'm good) and is just trying to appeal to the target demographic if his job depends on it. I'm not going to follow this but I guess I'll let it pass if this spin off shows us a slight narusaku moment from Sakura's part but I won't hold my breath. sleep.gif

At first I thought that this wasn't going to be canon but then I thought that then again maybe it would take place during the time skip gap between part 1 and part 2 but then again I realized that there can be no way to consider this canon since I remembered that Naruto was with Konohamaru and I highly doubt that those joke-jutsu would be considered canon. I don't even know why I thought of that or how I came up with that conclusion so I feel stupid for it. sweat.gif facepalm.png arg.gif bash.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 06 December 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#28 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

I thought it was cute for what it was. I wont be bothered by a slight difference in character. It was so slight it's not even worth complaining about. Might as well whine about how Lee's character is portrayed as a girl-dumb slush who suddenly can't control his fists because he's nervous. down.gif
I just can't wait to see a drunken boxing chapter. I hope they make one.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I know recently that we are getting a new manga series, but please post it here for now. I will see if we can add it to the Chapter release thread, though I'm not sure how long Lee will have his manga running.

Thanks happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

I love when Neji got a nose bleed using byakugan at the book and I also love the Lee/Ten moment it's nice.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

I like this Lee series and we get to see the ninja world outside of naruto-focus. The author can only do so much because naruto isn't complete so we don't know who will live, die, or hook up.

I feel sorry for Tenten & Neji with the gay moment between Lee & Gai
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#32 Paranoid.Princess

Paranoid.Princess

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

loved it!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

#33 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

My god, hillarious! xD
I almost died!
- Neji as turtle
- Lee and Guy in bikini's
- Tenten almost getting a heart attack
- Lee and Neji reading Kakashi's book

Actually, everything in it was awesome!

... But one thing I didn't understand was that Sakura was made so weak when she was surrounded by those other ninja's. I think she could've easily kicked their asses. I didn't like that. dry.gif

Edited by Blazing CobaltX, 09 January 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#34 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

they needed a damsel in distress *shrug*

#35 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

I think this is the cutest, funniest thing i've ever read!
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#36 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

The new Spring Time of Youth Edition is back. And might I say, his outfit may not be suitable for young children. haha.

Springtime of Youth Part 3

Two words: Byaku-gaaan!

Edited by Chivalrysae, 13 April 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#37 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

Ballet Taijutsu... and his version of Byakugan which Neji became distracted... and wtf Bodybuilders?!!! 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#38 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Another awesome chapter! 111189.gif

#39 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Gah, I'm going to gauge my eyes out... are those ... boners ... arg.gif
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#40 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Did... Did Lee just have... a youthful boner?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users