Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#52221 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:59 AM

I mean, why would a man want to write about his wife ending up with another man? That's basically what he did when he wrote Sakura-Chan ending up with Sasuke over Naruto. And we have to ask ourselves, how can they just gloss over the bench scene like it wasn't really Naruto who stole her heart in chapter 3. That tells us what we need to know.

It sure does, especially when it feels like Sasuke really was there with that forehead poke in 699, but that was his doing it like why Itachi did it.

#52222 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:11 PM

Yooo, what's up guys!

So I've been lurking from time to time here and finally decided to post again.

How's everyone? Hope you're all well!

Sorry for the offtopic, I really didn't knew where exactly to post... 

=^_^=m

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#52223 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 09 September 2020 - 06:30 PM

Heres a something Id like to ask, rather than Naruto have a crush on Sakura from the beginning of the series, and for that matter Sakura have a crush on Sasuke... what if Team 7 was just indifferent towards each other, and over the course of the series Naruto begins to develop Feelings for her after spending time with her. Sakura begins to feel something for Sasuke, but when he leaves shes distraught about it maybe depressed too. Then in part 2 you see more of them getting closer, and you can still have Sakura have her tundere tendencies, but as as part 2 progresses you see less of it because she starts feeling something for Naruto.

Make it feel a bit more realistic ya know, what do you guys think?

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#52224 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:14 PM

Heres a something Id like to ask, rather than Naruto have a crush on Sakura from the beginning of the series, and for that matter Sakura have a crush on Sasuke... what if Team 7 was just indifferent towards each other, and over the course of the series Naruto begins to develop Feelings for her after spending time with her. Sakura begins to feel something for Sasuke, but when he leaves shes distraught about it maybe depressed too. Then in part 2 you see more of them getting closer, and you can still have Sakura have her tundere tendencies, but as as part 2 progresses you see less of it because she starts feeling something for Naruto.

Not a bad idea. I also woulda preferred given a good in-depth flashback to how Naruto fell for Sakura so people would stop comparing it to how superficial Sakura and Hinatas respective crushes came off in the end.

#52225 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:37 PM

For literature, the end matters the most.

Bad at the start or in the middle can always be fixed along the storyline.

Bad at the end will kill the fandom instantly.

There are franchises that ended 10-20 years ago, but their fandom still thrive today. People still re-read or re-watch the franchise. In some cases, it's even resurrected.

With Naruto, everything becomes quite since 2014/2015, although the franchise still goes on with Boruto. People aren't cosplaying much about Naruto anymore. Many fans sites suddenly becomes quiet. One movie in 1-2 years are also no longer there. There's a game launched which flopped during its launch (sold only 10k, which is way much lower than its other predecessors https://www.pushsqua...i_striker_bombs)... and the list goes on.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#52226 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

If Beavis and Butthead meet Hinata, would they wanna do her?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#52227 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:31 PM

Sounds good, although again the main point was that Sakura did not "like Naruto from the beginning" that is what many fans take issue with. I have to bring up Noelle again. What is the key difference between Noelle and Sakura? Noelle fell for Asta really early in the series. Both Naruto and Asta were underdogs and had to claw their way into recognition and respect because they were both looked down on and mocked for their whole lives (Naruto had it worst for being outright hated but the fact stands) so that cicumstance makes many viewers impressionable on how their heroine feels about them. It doesn't matter how realistic the relationship starts, as long as Sakura was liking Sasuke more than Naruto at first She'd be condemned either way. I'm pretty sure if Noelle liked Yuno at first becuase "he was handsome" before moving on to Asta, fans would stoop her to the same level of hatred they show Sakura.

Naruto liking Sakura from the beginning was never the issue. even prepubecent kids can have crushes. It was that Sakura show to not like him and was only being a brain dead fangirl for the "cool badboy" of their age group, yet has the "audacity" *sarcasm* to be a tsundere to Naruto.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#52228 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:02 AM

Bine ai revenit.

Multumesc! Imi era dor de loc. :D

Welcome back, Chatte! We're glad to have you back in the forums!  :hug:

Heeeyaaa! It's so good to be back. Missed you guys!  :glomp:

Great to see you back here, even though I have chatted to you on other sites. Depends where you think the topic you want to talk about goes, for example here on the Narusaku debate thread you mainly talk about shipping.

Good be be back here, Blue. :D

Oh I know, I was just confused cuz since I haven't been here for such a long while, I was wondering where the conversation was at this point. But I guess I'll just take it from here.

Hi! Happy to see you again :hug:

Happy to see you guys, too!  :hug:

Say just seen this new video from a youtuber called Lilly Orchard talking about how slow blown romances can ruin stroies or make them boring, given what happened with naruto I kind see where the video is coming from.

https://youtu.be/UqB_0BT3Yvo

I think it very much depends on the series, to be honest. I mean for that series if the pacing is fast and all that, it's only normal for the romance to build likewise. There has to be a coherence in the middle, between the plots and their timing of progress.

However with Naruto is different. We had the plot slowly developing as well, so of course, the romantic subplot was slowly developing as well.

Plus, to have Sakura switch from Naruto to Sasuke just like that WOULD make her fickle. That's why that part in her confession about a woman's heart being fickle is the most BS thing ever (because that's now how she switches from Sasuke to Naruto, it takes the series a times skip and half of the new one spending time together in Sasuke's absence), but anyway.

The goddess has returned! lol

Who awakens me?  :twitch: Lol  :lmao:

Hey, Chatte!! :hug: Don't sweat it, girl, it's just cool to see you back here.

Good to be back here with you guys. Missed you lots!

It is somewhat applicable and also not at the same time if you ask me. I for one am of the opinion that the love triangles being dragged on and on for drama un til the end has been nothing short of an unecessary headache that should have been addressed and nipped at the bud sooner. Now with that out of the way, this IS Shonen so of course that's not happening. Now the real issue to me is that the stupid love triangles even exist in part II A.K.A. Shippuden when they are not even functional at all since a) Sasuke is not even there anymore to fuel any sort of love triangle that would be believable, which makes Sakura's lingering attachment to him contribute to why fans keep telling Kishi Sakura is a horrible heroine (again, their opinions and our opinions here may differ on that, but it is what it is), not to mention it isn't even necessary with all the development she goes through with Naruto that looks like a more realistic and stable relationshp and b) and this is straight up fact, Hinata is NOT REVELANT enough to be considered part of a love triangle because of two factors. 1. The developments Hinata go through with Naruto are self centred on Hinata and her longing for Naruto and her doubts and Naruto is just there to give her a good pep talk instead of it actually being about them becoming emotionally closer. 2. Naruto has already made his romantic preferences clear and not to mention his development with Sakura was the only non-flash back relationship of the series recieving any focus. These factors coupled together with how negative any interactions btween Sasuke and Sakura pan out in the later parts of the manga, would make anyone that doesn't have "shipping goggles" permanently stuck to their faces question what love triangles they are seeing. The most infuriating aspect of the end game couples is not because any shipping preferences, but because Naruto and Hinata were created from NOTHING when Naruto had his eyes only for Sakura and that pairing did not even get a proper resolution before Naruto even moved on to Hinata, and the Sasuke and Sakura ship was completely sunk sunk by the writing of the manga it self  but managed to pull it self out from the bottom of the ocean when it has been hit with nothing but deathflags of how toxic the relationship that even 5 year olds understand.

I thoroughly agree with what you said, that is why when I was reading that part with Kishi where he said that he introduced the romantic triangle between Naruto, Hinata and Sakura I was like what? Since when was that a romantic triangle if Naruto was never into Hinata that way, EVEN AFTER her confession?

I mean with Sasuke and Sakura, at least he was AWARE of her feeling for him. And on that one occasion, he was actually nice to Sakura and complimented her genjutsu know-how, and later on did put Sakura's wellbeing above his when he fought Gaara.

That's why to be honest, even though I'm so no-no when it comes to SasuSaku, I can understand the grounds it builds upon, despite the GRAVE /SERIOUS issues it has especially later on when Sasuke returns and meets them, and treats Sakura like crap thereafter. That is, taking out of consideration the 5 kage summit arc where he basically went on a killing spree madness, so let's say that the plot could 'excuse' that, but thereafter? People keep fawning after that small smirk, but dude, he called her USELESS right afterwards. Like... you say you love Sakura so much, and bo hoo, you stan her and are mad at those who call Sakura useless.

Then Sasuke comes and basically is the voice of that part of the fandom, AND YOU STILL SHIP IT? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT? But anyway, moving on...

In NaruHina's case, they have even less to work upon. At least by comparison (not that it makes it better), SasuSaku has common ground to work upon. But NaruHina? They have nothing. But a mere small talk back in part 1, and a suicide attempt in part 2. Which Naruto barely acknowledges it or think about it. The only time he does is in that "in his eyes" moment thing in the war.

How do you know he's the real one? I mean, I get it, it's supposed to be romantic, but use your brain here a bit? I mean sure, use your heart, but take your brain with you. That could've been a White Zetsu making an opening kind of thing, you know? But besides that...

How do you even know how his eyes are? You had like 3/4 interactions in this manga. What do you know about those eyes? Do you know the pains it held, the hopes, the ups and downs, the tears, the rage, so and so? Oh wait, you don't... cuz all those are know about none other than... well, yeap, Sakura.

So it makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. There's nothing solid to build upon and that's the problem.

Plus, you want to have it a triangle? Make Naruto somewhat undecided about his feelings towards each of the girl. But no, he's clear all the way.

The only one who ever showed some feelings in regards to Hinata's feelings for Naruto is Sakura. She is the one who is quite disturbed of the realization that Hinata loves Naruto.

Oh, but wait... then that means that kind of cancels her so called romantic feelings for Sasuke. Shouldn't she be happy for Naruto if she has no romantic feelings for him? So then, where's the logic?

But oh well, we know where that is. Gone out the drain... Because who cares about consistency when it's all about sales, right?

even kishi acts pained if he talks about sasusaku I don't think it's what he intended to go with... if women don't change their feelings how come rin went with obito and not kakashi? how come sakura doesn't know if sasuke wears glasses?

Ugh, it says the video is blocked in my country on copyright grounds. What was it about?

=^_^=m

:hug:

I do agree. Not only more realistic but more acceptable, I think? Because looking back, all pairings lack a certain something.

Yes, by comparison and literary devices, NaruSaku had a lot in comparison with the others. However, Kishi missed some chances here and there to solidify the foundation NaruSaku was standing on, and I think that's what made people not take his love seriously and consider it just a crush, you know?

I mean, like I was telling you in the podcast, maybe if we had a bit more development on the sense of them spending more time together and understanding more clearly why things are the way they are - and here I mean with all pairings, this whole story and its ending wouldn't have had such a backlash/backfire.

Though this what if it's because we need to fix the things that happened in the end. I believe if in terms of pairings Kishi wouldn't have f***ed things up that much, we wouldn't have had necessity for 'what ifs' scenarios right now, because without being too clear, things were quite clear, know what I mean?

I mean, of course, I suggested both in the podcast and now that we had to change few things and add more clear stuff, but if we look back at the story, it wasn't unclear with a purpose. That uncertainty served the purpose of following the hero's journey and we had to see if he gets the girl that he likes.

But alas, it is what it is in the end, ain't it?

For literature, the end matters the most.

Bad at the start or in the middle can always be fixed along the storyline.

Bad at the end will kill the fandom instantly.

There are franchises that ended 10-20 years ago, but their fandom still thrive today. People still re-read or re-watch the franchise. In some cases, it's even resurrected.

With Naruto, everything becomes quite since 2014/2015, although the franchise still goes on with Boruto. People aren't cosplaying much about Naruto anymore. Many fans sites suddenly becomes quiet. One movie in 1-2 years are also no longer there. There's a game launched which flopped during its launch (sold only 10k, which is way much lower than its other predecessors https://www.pushsqua...i_striker_bombs)... and the list goes on.

Actually, you make a very good point and it was something I was even discussing with the boys on the last podcast we made.

Ever since 2014/2015 Naruto fandom kind of died... Of course, there are some of us here and there and there are the ones who follow Boruto's serialization but, if you think about it, that's kind of about it... You don't see it everywhere, on every social media outlet, you don't see it so intensely discussed like it used to, so on and so forth.

Besides the literature POV, it's also about branding a bit here. Naruto/Kishimoto was/is a brand. The reception of both can change on the course of the relationship of the brand with its audience depending how said brand treats its audience. And well, this is where the trick falls.

Like I said, in my opinion when it comes to Naruto we had the silent majority and the loud minority.

Now, the loud minority of course, that's what they did: they were loud, they screamed, yadda yadda and whatnot. We all know the story, I won't dwell onto that that much.

This is what it made Kishimoto and the editors think that wow, okay, this is the road we're going to be taking. And so they did that ending, they did The last. But then bam, surprise! It backfired!

And it didn't just backfire in just words, but like actual real action... people stopped buying Naruto stuff, stopped watching it overall and whatnot.

And Boruto? Well Boruto yeah, it's still followed by those which were/are part from the vocal majority, but as we can see, they cannot keep it up and make Boruto have the success Naruto once had, you know? 

That's why I always say, all and all, in the end, if we're to talk about who "won", well... the reality is the reality: the silent majority won. But it's a bitter sweet winning, cuz look at the consequences: what was once the most loved series on this planet (in terms of anime, ofc) is now nothing more than a really bad taste memory.

And it's a shame. Because Naruto used to be really great once, in everything: storytelling, themes, characters etc. But now it's just a shell of its former self.

Edited by Chatte, 13 September 2020 - 08:07 AM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#52229 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:49 AM

It not helped by the fact that Naruto's sequel Boruto is so poorly handled that the writers don't know what the core of the story is.

At the start, it was Boruto's/Bolt's and Sarada's/Salad's daddy issues, but Kishimoto resolved both of those in the movie and gaiden before Boruto was officially handed off to his successors. So, what was the new core? For Salad, it was her dream to follow her father-figure and become the next Hokage. For Bolt, it was to follow his mentor's path of being the Hoakge's Shadow and support Salad. So, the new core of the story is, Boruto supporting Sarada on her journey to become the next hokage.

Instead in the manga they decided to do the SNS conflict again, and the anime too busy trying to convince everyone Hinata's son is a much better main character than Hinata's Son's Dad.

There more, but I'm feeling lazy.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 September 2020 - 06:51 PM.

#52230 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:00 PM

It not helped by the fact that Naruto's sequel Boruto is so poorly handled that the writers don't know what the core of the story is.

At the start, it was Boruto's/Bolt's and Sarada's/Salad's daddy issues, but Kishimoto resolved both of those in the movie and gaiden before Boruto was officially handed off to his successors. So, what was the new core? For Salad, it was her dream to follow her father-figure and become the next Hokage. For Bolt, it was to follow his mentor's path of being the Hoakge's Shadow and support Salad. So, the new core of the story is, Boruto supporting Sarada on her journey to become the next hokage.

Instead in the manga they decided to do the SNS conflict again, and the anime to busy trying to convince everyone Hinata's son is a much better main character than Hinata's Son's Dad.

At least with Naruto, you got the core of his story; his dream to become Hokage, his path to becoming his own kind of ninja even as others like Kakashi and sometimes SHikamaru wanted him to be the kind of ninja THEY wanted him to be, his forming connections and bonds even with being a Jinchuriki, etc.

#52231 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

That's actually what I'm doing with my Mages of the North story. 

#52232 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:23 PM

So, here's a question I have in regards to part one of the anime/manga.

After the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, what if Naruto didn't have the healing powers of the Nine-Tailed-Fox and his injuries were much more severe? Imagine if he had to spend weeks - if not months in the hospital recovering from his injuries, even with Tsunade helping him heal. Imagine his injuries and wounds being so severe that even Tsunade was struggling just to keep him alive. What if a limb had been blown off, or his spine was severred or something like that?

At this point, Sakura's "hatred" for Naruto was mostly behind her. She considered him a good friend, and even acknowledged that he knew how she felt all that time. What would her reaction have been seing Naruto in such a critical state this early in the story?

#52233 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:57 PM

So, here's a question I have in regards to part one of the anime/manga.

After the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, what if Naruto didn't have the healing powers of the Nine-Tailed-Fox and his injuries were much more severe? Imagine if he had to spend weeks - if not months in the hospital recovering from his injuries, even with Tsunade helping him heal. Imagine his injuries and wounds being so severe that even Tsunade was struggling just to keep him alive. What if a limb had been blown off, or his spine was severred or something like that?

At this point, Sakura's "hatred" for Naruto was mostly behind her. She considered him a good friend, and even acknowledged that he knew how she felt all that time. What would her reaction have been seing Naruto in such a critical state this early in the story?

This part 1 or part 2?

#52234 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:45 AM

This part 1 or part 2?

Part 1

Also, would anybody like to give me any tips for improving my commedy?

Mages of the North Funny Moment

Edited by Dalton.T.R, 14 September 2020 - 02:01 AM.

#52235 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:18 AM

Instead in the manga they decided to do the SNS conflict again, and the anime to busy trying to convince everyone Hinata's son is a much better main character than Hinata's Son's Dad.

What they're trying here with their new "core" resolve is to cater to that large part of the fandom who once said that they'd want an Uchiha to be a Hokage (since the Obito thing) + why there aren't any badasses Uchiha females kind of thing.

I remember back in the day in the fandom how those were two of the major pleas so to speak, fans had. And for once, have someone outside the Hokage line of training be an actual Hokage. 

So basically what they're trying to do now is cater to that part of the fandom. It's what they've been trying to do ever since Naruto ended.

If you recall, even Kishimoto's own interviews in the Last is like copy paste the reasoning of NaruHina and SasuSaku fans applied to his ending. 

I think they very much tried to satisfy the loud minority thinking that they are the majority and it will keep the fire of Naruto going, but they were in for a surprise.

Because dynamics changed. And it all backfired, and Boruto isn't that successful as they would expect it to be.

And even if some statistics do look good, they can be tweaked and not fully express the audience you're surveying. Because they may be answering A or B, but that A or B means it's the closest to their answer, not necessary the answer itself. But because they had no other option, that's why they chose what they chose.

There's even a book about this, called How to lie with statistics that goes into more detail about this.

However, Naruto is a big example of that, that certain statistics doesn't mean the reception is what you expected it to be. They thought that by making NH and SS canon, like I said, the sequel will be a success. And yet, it isn't... It isn't even close to what the source material has been.

Everywhere you turned back in the day, there were talks about Naruto. Nowadays? Just here and there, mostly in closed groups more than anything. 

Plus it doesn't even generate the same type of discussions. Naruto had themes that made you question a lot of stuff from real life, Naruto had lessons to teach and whatnot. 

Boruto? It's all about a parasitic alien festa and trying to 'fix' what they perceived as errors from the initial franchise, just because a loud minority saw it like that. And yet, the silent majority just left and well, like we discussed, this series is nothing more than a shell of its former self.

Edited by Chatte, 14 September 2020 - 12:14 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#52236 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:34 AM

What they're trying here with their new "core" resolve is to cater to that large part of the fandom who once said that they'd want an Uchiha to be a Hokage (since the Obito thing) + why there aren't any badasses Uchiha females kind of thing.

I remember back in the day in the fandom how those were two of the major pleas so to speak, fans had. And for once, have someone outside the Hokage line of training be an actual Hokage. 

So basically what they're trying to do now is cater to that part of the fandom. It's what they've been trying to do ever since Naruto ended.

If you recall, even Kishimoto's own interviews in the Last is like copy paste the reasoning of NaruHina and SasuSaku fans applied to his ending. 

I think they very much tried to satisfy the loud minority thinking that they are the majority and it will keep the fire of Naruto going, but they were in for a surprise.

Because dynamics changed. And it all backfired, and Boruto isn't that successful as they would expect it to be.

And even if some statistics do look good, they can be tweaked and not fully express the audience you're surveying. Because they may be answering A or B, but that A or B means it's the closest to their answer, not necessary the answer itself. But because they had no other option, that's why they chose what they chose.

There's even a book about this, called How to lie with statistics that goes into more detail about this.

However, Naruto is a big example of that, that certain statistics doesn't mean the reception is what you expected it to be. They thought that by making NH and SS canon, like I said, the sequel will be a success. And yet, it isn't... It isn't even close to what the source material has been.

Everywhere you turned back in the day, there were talks about Naruto. Nowadays? Just here and there, mostly in closed groups more than anything. 

Plus it doesn't even generate the same type of discussions. Naruto had themes that made you question a lot of stuff from real life, Naruto had lessons to teach and whatnot. 

Boruto? It's all about a parasitic alien festa and trying to 'fix' what they perceived as errors from the initial franchise, just because a loud minority saw it like that. And yet, the silent majority just left and well, like we discussed, this series is nothing more than a shell of its former self.

You know I think most fans would not be against a female Uchiha character, it's just how we got it was so toxic coming from a relationship that never should of been canon. For an Uchiha becoming Hokage I'm not against, but feel like in universe there be too much bagged between Kohona and any members left of the clan post massacre to ever really make it work.

I think the biggest problem with the editors and studio trying to appeal to those fandoms was that most of those fans were outside Japan and whether western anime fans like it or not, a manga/anime franchise lasts when the Japan fanbase/market supports the work/content in question. Since most of the fanbase in Japan didn't like NH & SS as the final endgame parings and got even more angry with false marketing with the last, most of them stopped supporting work the franchise is barley holding on. Granted anime and manga has probably gotten more mainstream over the years in the west, but I don't think it always reliable and most fans probably find ways to read or watch it online free.

I think its due to the alien parasites and sci-fi teach introduced in Boruto and to an extent in the war when Kaguya was introduced, for many casual fans it killed the suspense of disbelieve as they just do not fit into the world of Naruto. Since Naruto was about ninjas with magical like abilities with talking animals and mythical beasts. This stuff might of work for a new ninja manga series in a more sci-fi setting, but not one with so much established lore as Naruto. Plus I feel to many of those fans the Ships that were made canon didn't make too much sense to them and perhaps found it too sappy and shojo like which how the characters were acting. 

#52237 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:51 AM

This part 1 or part 2?

Dalton did say Part 1.

#52238 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:36 AM

Dalton did say Part 1.

Ah my mistake I didn't see that part

#52239 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:12 PM

I mean, why would a man want to write about his wife ending up with another man? That's basically what he did when he wrote Sakura-Chan ending up with Sasuke over Naruto. And we have to ask ourselves, how can they just gloss over the bench scene like it wasn't really Naruto who stole her heart in chapter 3. That tells us what we need to know.

The worse thing about is that the other man happens to be his twin brother  :hehehe:  Kishi pointed out couple of times that Sasuke was like his brother. That's why there was a lot of narusasu bromance.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 15 September 2020 - 01:12 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#52240 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:28 PM

The worse thing about is that the other man happens to be his twin brother  :hehehe:  Kishi pointed out couple of times that Sasuke was like his brother. That's why there was a lot of narusasu bromance.

ROFL!! X-D Nice way to spin that to be ridiculous as it usually comes off as.

On another note...

This bit could make me think of a NaruSaku confession given how much was done with Marco and Star in the course of Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and I imagine Sakura would be like Star if she came to grips with her feelings with Naruto and just had lost all the feelings that she had for Sasuke romantically and realized who she wanted to be with.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 15 September 2020 - 06:30 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users