Close
Photo

Do you guys think the bolt movie will succeed as well?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

Apparently a large majority of the complaints form the people who walked out thought Kakashi and Sasuke were gonna be in it longer than idk like 30 seconds apparently I hope they won't come flooding the theaters obediently if Kishi actually goes through with making Sasuke and Kakashi much bigger roles in the next movie.
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#2 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

If Sasuke and Kakashi have big roles then the movie will do fairly well. If it's just about this new character Bolt and NH romance it will flop.

#3 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

According to Kishi the movie will revolve around SS this time

#4 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

No I beleive he said he'll include them, it will revolve around Bolt and Salad, it's always best to take Kishi's word with a grain of salt, for him the 90 seconds he included Sasuke in the movie was the same as giving him full credit.

As for it's success, I doubt it will do as well as the Last, even if the current move hadn't recieved all the bad feedback, it would not be as successful, Bol and Sarada are not important, their story is just not important for most of us. All the relevent enemies are dealt with, so the new enemies won't matter...so unless the new series completely blows everyones mind, there is not much chance of it doing that well, it might be a success for the budget it has, but it likely won't even beat the filler movies.

side-stories, spin-off and next gen rarely do as well as the original, I don't think Korra is as popular as the original Avatar series and from what i've hear it's better than the original in many ways.

iAnby7W.gif

#5 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

If Sasuke and Kakashi have big roles then the movie will do fairly well. If it's just about this new character Bolt and NH romance it will flop.

"Fairly well", possibly; definitely better compared to The Last. But there's still plenty of disgruntled fans who have grievances over various other issues like the lack of closure for many characters such as Orochimaru and Taka, cliche marriage & birth tropes for the characters of Konoha who were shown, and of course, the relationships seen don't sit well with everyone. 

Edit: That's assuming Sasuke and Kakashi have prominent roles in the storyline. If it's focusing most of the limelight onto the spawn, the waters will be muddied quite a bit due to a lack of connection with these new and out-of-nowhere kids from an uninspiring (and largely unwanted) generation. 

Edited by Atheck, 11 December 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#6 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

I can't imagine a Bolt movie would be anywhere near as successful as any of the previous Naruto movies. It's challenging to sustain interest in a next generation, especially when a somewhat decent percentage of general fans find the ending unfulfilling.

#7 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

God, I hope not.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

I can't imagine a Bolt movie would be anywhere near as successful as any of the previous Naruto movies. It's challenging to sustain interest in a next generation, especially when a somewhat decent percentage of general fans find the ending unfulfilling.

I think that will be the longer-term issue more so than anything the Last does. The current movie could discourage fence-sitters and people who were unhappy overall, but when it comes down to it, will anyone, even NH's, care about Bolt when the movie comes out?

Attachment to new characters isn't automatic even if you like their parents. It helps, but the connection must still be made.

#9 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

honestly no. i'm not even speaking from a ns fan viewpoint.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

i doubt it will have huge success, unless Kishimoto and SP decide to give ample space to SS for satisfying their fandom since now NH had their pleasure, unfortunately.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#11 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Well now at this point the only threat at the moment is the live action Naruto movie.

#12 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think that will be the longer-term issue more so than anything the Last does. The current movie could discourage fence-sitters and people who were unhappy overall, but when it comes down to it, will anyone, even NH's, care about Bolt when the movie comes out?

Attachment to new characters isn't automatic even if you like their parents. It helps, but the connection must still be made.

I know whatcha mean, Nate, since I'm sure a lot of fans of Dragon Ball didn't necessarily warm up to Gohan at first.

#13 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I know whatcha mean, Nate, since I'm sure a lot of fans of Dragon Ball didn't necessarily warm up to Gohan at first.

I didn't necessarily hate Gohan in the beginning, but he did have potential. I will admit he was pretty winy at first, and then he progressed as a character as the story went by. So I came to appreciate him more. Now regarding this whole movie with Bolt, I mean if it's better than The Last then it could be decent. However much like I said "There's a lot that this series took the fall for from not just the final chapters, but the last too." The only thing I can say is Part 3 could be the saving grace, and even that could just be wishful thinking on my part. Who knows we might just have to put all of our faith into this little boy, but then again I'm keeping my distance and just observing from the sidelines before making any final verdicts.   

Edited by LuckyChi7, 11 December 2014 - 06:55 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

I didn't necessarily hate Gohan in the beginning, but he did have potential. I will admit he was pretty winy at first, and then he progressed as a character as the story went by. So I came to appreciate him more. Now regarding this whole movie with Bolt, I mean if it's better than The Last then it could be decent. However much like I said "There's a lot that this series took the fall for from not just the final chapters, but the last too." The only thing I can say is Part 3 could be the saving grace, and even that could just be wishful thinking on my part. Who knows we might just have to put all of our faith into this little boy, but then again I'm keeping my distance and just observing from the sidelines before making any final verdicts.   

Yeah, especially too since Bolt seems to have his issues with his dad, and Naruto not helping them at all since he became Hokage. I know whatcha mean about Gohan, Chi, I liked him too with the potential he had, especially after he was motivated to fight, like when Piccolo died protecting him or what he did to Frieza on Namek.

Yeah, but that's just wishful thinking really about Part 3. I think it's just an excuse to make things worse... =( Or at least that's how I'm feeling.

#15 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

I must have read that wrong because it sounded like you want part 3 to do well

#16 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

I used to read Spider-Girl and I can vouch for this.

Talking about Gohan (I like Gohan), the Cell saga ended up with Gohan becoming the new defender of Earth in the stead of his father. However Toriyama got forced to continue the history, and he had to come up with something to bring Goku back. So that it also furthers your argument.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#17 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

It's going to be pitched to a fragmented fandom. The pitiful ending has turned so many people off, from all pairings, it will never get the traction/support Naruto had. Unless it builds it's own separate fandom, made up of people who were not betrayed by the previous manga. (Which I think is the ultimate goal — reboot the series for younger kids, using the children as stand in characters for their parents.)

Regardless of plot or character design or anything else, the series will have to work doubly hard to bring back fans. And doubly hard to lure new fans in spite of the negative feelings pervading the internet about the demise of the first series. That's a loooot of negative publicity to overcome.

It is still mystifying why they crapped all over the fandom when they knew they had more Naruto projects to come. 

I know there are lots of cases where a series has ended, only to be rebooted with new characters — but has it ever happened (successfully) after a series implosion like Naruto had?

#18 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

The success of the movie will depend on the Naruto/bolt/part 3 manga next spring.

If the story of next gen kids is interesting enough, it can get people hyped for the movie.

#19 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

Oh, frick me. NH isn't bad, but SS leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#20 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

I must have read that wrong because it sounded like you want part 3 to do well

Like I said it's wishful thinking on my part, I guess you can say I want there to still be hope for the reason. However 98% of me knows it's already gonna be hard to salvage the series from it's destruction.

Nice avatar name btw, what were your thoughts when it came to the ending of O Parts Hunter (666 Satan)?

I used to read Spider-Girl and I can vouch for this.

Talking about Gohan (I like Gohan), the Cell saga ended up with Gohan becoming the new defender of Earth in the stead of his father. However Toriyama got forced to continue the history, and he had to come up with something to bring Goku back. So that it also furthers your argument.

Spider-girl was actually pretty interesting. I mean it did have some subpar plot threads to it, but I overall enjoyed it. Plus I found Mayday Parker kinda humorous, yet at the same time a relatable character (minus the spider-powers). Also I can understand your viewpoint regarding Part 3. If it came down to it I'd just view as a stand alone series then as a continuation of Naruto as his story is already complete. I hate to say this, but I'll Part 3 just to see where it goes and have a complete judgment once it completes it's run at the end of summer. 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 11 December 2014 - 09:22 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users