#121 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Chapter 137 now available

I liked Kumogawa's advice, and what was up with Medaka's reaction, seemed out of charactor, and might be me but this chapter felt rushed, maybe auther was saying the truth and he really does plan to end this same time as the anime begins.

iAnby7W.gif

#122 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 10 2012, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 137 now available

I liked Kumogawa's advice, and what was up with Medaka's reaction, seemed out of charactor, and might be me but this chapter felt rushed, maybe auther was saying the truth and he really does plan to end this same time as the anime begins.

I was surprised that Kumogawa gave any advice at all even though he twisted it in the end. Anyway I agree, the last few chapters have been super rushed, and it really feels like a push to end this thing. Hopefully it'll a decent one. I don't want to get my hopes up as my confidence with Nisio Isin's heart being into writing this is gossamer at best.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#123 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Chapter 138: http://mangafox.me/m...v15/c138/2.html

I have to say this was one hell of a chapter.

It was really interesting how the characters pointed out how everyone at the school are a bunch of leechers that abuse of medaka good will and can't solve anything by themselves. And then medaka speech kind of just confirmed that. I also liked how Zenkichi skill ends a main character luck, no twists, no turns of events, if are good enough, you win, and if you fail, you die, to be honest, it would be interesting having a story like that, wouldn't it?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#124 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Chapter 139 is released

Zenkichi one of the best manga bros --Click here to view--
Man Zenkichi is awesome he barred deep down within himself and set aside his life long personal feelings for Medaka and told her the right thing.

#125 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Mar 25 2012, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 139 is released

Zenkichi one of the best manga bros --Click here to view--
Man Zenkichi is awesome he barred deep down within himself and set aside his life long personal feelings for Medaka and told her the right thing.

I was a little mixed about my feelings on that for a while. But you're right. Unfortunately what that means is he may have sacrificed his chance to be happy ever. I was surprised by how destroyed Medaka was. This reaction has caused me to feel like she's still human. It's as they all said, she was moving so far away from being human. It's crazy. But she set out on life based off of what Zenkichi had set up for her, so he had to take responsibility. It sucks that this'll probably end with no resolution to their relationship.

I am confused as to how Anshin'in lost and why she ... ended it. Is it because the flask plan was re-activated and that's all she wanted to do?

Also, if Zenkichi was a result of the flask plan... does that mean he's the perfect human? If so... er... the plan failed. Not to say he's not cool. But perfect, no.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#126 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Did the final boss just decide to off herself randomly? And what's with the random numbers she was older than planet earth? 3 trllion 402 billion 193 million 822 thousand 311 years snd 287 days? Could that number be any more random? I seriously don't understand what happened near the end of this manga, it felt like there was so much more planned for this manga but Ishin got bored or something and just decided to randomly end it soon as he got himself a anime adaptation.

I like Zen's speech, it once again shows that he knows her better than anyone else. Shame it looks like the pairing won't happen, but atleast whatever MEdaka decides to do next will be of her own accord and not what she believes will make her more human.

So next wee is really the last chapter? Or Not I still can't shake off the feeling we are getting trolled here so until it actually ends I am going to take it with a pinch of salt.

iAnby7W.gif

#127 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 26 2012, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the final boss just decide to off herself randomly? And what's with the random numbers she was older than planet earth? 3 trllion 402 billion 193 million 822 thousand 311 years snd 287 days? Could that number be any more random? I seriously don't understand what happened near the end of this manga, it felt like there was so much more planned for this manga but Ishin got bored or something and just decided to randomly end it soon as he got himself a anime adaptation.

I like Zen's speech, it once again shows that he knows her better than anyone else. Shame it looks like the pairing won't happen, but atleast whatever MEdaka decides to do next will be of her own accord and not what she believes will make her more human.

So next wee is really the last chapter? Or Not I still can't shake off the feeling we are getting trolled here so until it actually ends I am going to take it with a pinch of salt.

Anshin'in always felt like a tacked-on villain. Too me she was more annoying than mysterious or intriguing. I don't know if she called it quits or not. For all we know she may have just decided to reset time itself and next chapter will be a status-quo, nothing ever happened, it was all a dream thing.

Yeah, to me it's a shame that it doesn't look like Zen and Medaka will get together, but since that's almost jokingly what a few of the tag lines for this manga has been about, I wouldn't be surprised if toying with the audience was intentional for this couple. In the end, it never really seemed like Medaka would settle for just him even with her new found freedom.

As far as next chapter being the end, the manga has felt like it's rushing to the conclusion for a few chapters now... and like you, I've felt like Ishin's interest in this story has been waning for a while. Which to me is a shame. Why start something you're not passionate about? I know being a mangaka is as much about trying to make a living as it is about telling a story, but doesn't mean you make up projects that you'll want to work on for some time?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#128 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Chapter 140 @ Batoto

Whoa Epic Chapter was Epic!!!! --Click here to view--
OK so it's not over afterall? I know i've been moaning about the manga for the past weeks and how it seems like we are being trolled, But this chapter was actually epic, and to be honest IF this was the last chapter I would have been quite happy.

Something I realised last week when I finally remembered the Authers and the Antagonist's name, Nishin and Anshin, basically Nishin was putting himself in the Manga and controlling how things go, like a Mangaka would...Can't beleive I didn't realise it sooner.

Btw: This also goes down as possably thegreatest April fools joke the history of April Jokes, Doesn't Shounen Jump get released for general release next week? And what is on Sunday? April Fools day!!! Truelly an epic April Joke.

iAnby7W.gif

#129 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

From the Bakemonogatari series and now this, obviously one of the best trolls of all time, and such a nice pucker up scene too...

Nisio Isin, we are not worthy.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 30 March 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#130 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

You gotta love Medaka irony on this chapter, poor girl, she will never realize the truth...

I'm getting the feeling this is the final chapter, note how the word "end" is writen below the last page. Regardless, I take my hat off for this chapter.

EDIT: I just readed the side note, so yeah, the series is not over yet... is this good or bad? Honestly, I don't know anymore.

Edited by alexander, 30 March 2012 - 01:32 AM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#131 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Mar 29 2012, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the Bakemonogatari series and now this, obviously one of the best trolls of all time, and such a nice pucker up scene too...

Nisio Isin, we are not worthy.

KITTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif

Where will it go from here?...

alexander, I agree --Click here to view--
I have no idea... It's kind of felt dead... This may have been the first time I've seen it but could this possibly have been a filler arc?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#132 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

Awesome end to a arc, keep'em coming Nisio Isin.

#133 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Anime has started, So what are the first impressions? I'll admit not watched the full episode yet just bits to see if my worries about the voice of Medaka was unfounded or not, and it's pretty much what I thought it would be like, just doesn't sound like Medaka to me, Aki is a very talented Seiyuu, one of the best in the business but the role of Medaka was probably best suited to someone who is used to similar role. The animation looks good, has a manga look to it, which makes sense considering the last arc.

Hopefully lives up to expectations.

iAnby7W.gif

#134 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Medaka's voice has a lot of pitch changes depending on whats going on, so I think that it is pretty good the way it is.

It was a decent first ep. Nothing out of this world, but I managed to sit and watch the whole thing without getting bored, so that has to count for something.

#135 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Where will it go from here?...

If from my 15 years of reading mangas are true to form... the next thing to happen would be a rival... a love rival to be exact... probably fighting over Zenkichi (If Medaka really is in love with Zenkichi now) probably even another girl that can go toe to toe with Medaka in every aspect.

well, thats just my prediction. smile.gif

Edited by BlackLightning, 06 April 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#136 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Chapter 141 @ Batoto Now available.

New arc, started quite quickly. Finally watched the full epsidoe, still not sold on Medaka's voice, even Zenkichi's voice is a bit grating, but the rest was all good stuff and they did the manga justice.

Carefree Medaka --Click here to view--
is Kawaiiiii, seeing her so carefee and enjoying being a kid, was actually very refreshing, shame the arc had to start so quickly would have liked to see her causing mischief for a bit longer.

OK the whole brother killing your father explanaition was a bit weak, and *shudder* at the thought of men old enough to be her father fighting for the hand in marraige of a 13 year old. I'll admit was hoping Zen would have made an appearance at the end and take the suiter challenge himself , but the idea of Medaka fighting for herself for once is new so probably the better choice.

iAnby7W.gif

#137 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Chapter 142 on Batoto

Damn you Manga and your unfinished sentences!!!!!!

iAnby7W.gif

#138 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Chapter 143 @ Batoto

Middle two panels Bloody hilarious, proving once again Medaka Box is the ultimate Troll Manga...lol

Looks like a win win situation to me. She wins she gets to choose her own suiter, she loses Yuri all the way...Zenkichi then needs to defeat the real suitors and he has himself a ready made Harem...except that little girl drinking coffe the rest have some potential, Coffee tot looks scary.

iAnby7W.gif

#139 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

MB 144

I...I.. support ZenNaze now and harem. mellow.gif

#140 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ May 2 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MB 144

I...I.. support ZenNaze now and harem. mellow.gif

Didn't even realise I didn't post the link to this weeks chapter...lol I'm still ZenMeda but there are some unique charactors in the manga so all sort of possabilities are thre. I wonder what's up with ZenKichi wearing glasses, makes him look like a solicitor or an accountant or something.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users