• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:18 AM

Naruto 445

Well, so we see a bit more behind the story of Pein and his poor dog Tiny. lol
Umm, flashback is needed but it still bores the piss out of me.

Thought lulz for the way Tiny died. (They just happened to get hit by crossfire from the battle between Hanzo and the Sannin. Hmmm...)

#2 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:36 AM

Oh my God.

OH MY GOD.

Seriously? Even his dog? Even the DOG?!

That's it, Pain is now on the top of my hate list. No one shall ever come as close as him, for he is the ultimate Narutoverse Villain Sue.

He's better than everyone else at everything, is evil because his FAMILY, his DOG, and probably his FRIEND all died tragically in front of him, he's an orphan that survived many hardships, is worshipped like God, THINKS he's God, CALLS HIMSELF GOD, and believes that collecting nine Eldritch Abominations and turning them into a planetary nuke is the right thing to do. He also has access to EVERY KIND OF CHAKRA ATTACK, has SPECIAL EYES that surpass ALL THE OTHER SUPER POWERS, and is in control of an entire ninja village that was once ruled by someone stronger than the combined might of The Legendary Three. A super strong someone that Pain was stronger than.

Someone kill him already. rawr.gif

Edited by Gravity, 24 April 2009 - 05:36 AM.

#3 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:38 AM

I didn't really like this chapter that much. Though thank goodness that the dog dying wasn't the second reason. This chapter was just a lead into that second reason, and I'm really hoping its a good one.

BTW, is anyone starting to see parallels between Yahiko and Naruto? That one phrase, "But through it all, Yahiko never gave up hope," really struck a chord in me. It just sounds so reminiscent of Naruto.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#4 Valor Grim

Valor Grim

Hero

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Soccer (playing, not watching). Writing. Japanese.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Apr 24 2009, 05:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't really like this chapter that much. Though thank goodness that the dog dying wasn't the second reason. This chapter was just a lead into that second reason, and I'm really hoping its a good one.

BTW, is anyone starting to see parallels between Yahiko and Naruto? That one phrase, "But through it all, Yahiko never gave up hope," really struck a chord in me. It just sounds so reminiscent of Naruto.

Yeah. I know what you mean. Jiraya sure knows how to pick em!

#5 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

...stop...flashbacking...

okay, I'm not really being fair... but Pain and the others seems to just be kittening now... Yeah I know that Konoha ninja's killed their parents and that they're children so their perception is a little overboard but...really that's the nature of war, people die, doesn't explicitly mean their bad people, for all intended purposes, maybe their parents were killed by the people of their villiage...

#6 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

Its unfortunate that some flashbacks are so much more... interesting... than others. This one suffers from a distinct overdose of I-don't-give-a-kitten-itis, unfortunately. For me, at least.

I understand the necessity for it. But after going through a prolonged fight scene that spanned 10 chapters, and immediately going to flashbacks while being teased with Naruto's answer to Pain's earlier question... just makes me grind my teeth together in sheer frustration.

I guess it doesn't help that this week was a double issue, so that means no Naruto next week so the SJ mangaka can take a break.

I know there will be at least one more chapter where the flashback continues, and if we're unlucky, there will be another two. Hopefully Kishi fast-forwards to Yahiko's death and Nagato's mission to complete Yahiko's dream, so we can come to the conclusion of this encounter all that much sooner. There will quite possibly be a few scenes of Jiraiya training them, so Naruto can get some insight on why Jiraiya thought Yahiko/Nagato might be the chosen one.

#7 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Im sorry to say this, but Kishi failed here with these guys.

Yeah I can understand that seeing your parants die in front of you might be the trigger you need to become an homicidel maniac, but it's not good enough after seeing him blow up half of Konoha. As someone said before me, right now it just looks like kittening for me.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#8 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

As I've said before I'm not as cynical about this, besides this wasn't even his 2nd greatest source of pain (that come next Chapter). That being said this was nothing more than a filler Chapter.

uc.png

#9 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Naruto has that adorably sad look on his face again. biggrin.gif

Thanks god (no pun intended) that it wasn't just the death of the dog which was the second Pain - probably all the violence really got to his head. He just NEEDED to be friends with someone who has a God complex.

I'm really depressed knowing that the next chapter will be another flashback. Back to battle/Sakura please Kishi?

#10 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Apr 24 2009, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know Naruto is going to think, if I had been in that situation I might have become like Yahiko. But Nagato is like Gravity said way too much the Gary-Stu of Naruto, honestly he makes Sasuke at his arrogant worst: "I'm an Uchiha so I'm superior to all other shinobi, nobody has suffered more than me, so I'll teach you what it feels like to suffer like me." seem mild in comparison.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#11 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Kinda reminds me of a setup to a country song....

...(in a twang) Oh my village is gone, an' my dog is a de-ad. I will become a go-d, and bring them my Pa-in....

ok bad bad country song (No offense to anyone who likes country, next week will be death metal I promise, lol)
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#12 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

Alas, this is survival of the fittest...Chibi could have survived if he/she was as badass as Konoha's ninja hounds.

Anyway, I quite liked the appearance of Konan in this chapter. It was all angel-like and comforting.

#13 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Apr 24 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I've said before I'm not as cynical about this, besides this wasn't even his 2nd greatest source of pain (that come next Chapter). That being said this was nothing more than a filler Chapter.

I'm with you Ed. I'm trying not to be cynical because we haven't seen the whole story yet, though I find all the debunkery pretty amusing.
This is indeed filler and I can't wait to see how he transitions out of this arc and into whatever he's got planned next. I'm wondering if Naruto is going to try to talk Pain into helping him against Madara or Is Madara going to show up and try to finish Pain's job of capturing the kyuubi?
And for the love of god someone save Kockeyed-sensei!!!!!! rawr.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#14 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I think part of this story may be a metaphor for not just the Horrors of War, but also a metaphor for the responsibility of those that make war.

In many ways when people make war, their are casualties, but we tend to forget the innocents caught in the crossfire all to often. The three children and their pet were walking along trying to survive when BANG they get caught in the middle of a battle between super powers (hanzo and the three)> they didnt ask for it and they paid the price.

All three kids were rendered orphans, and no one would help them in any way causing them to need to steal and scavenge to survive.

The ninja responsible didnt help.

that may be some of the allegory thats being used here. How many refugees were left in the wake of the arial campaigns of Europe and Japan? how many in the invasions? Iraq today is suffering casualties because of the ill planned invasion and its aftermath.

That may be some of what Kishimoto sensei's trying to espouce a little. These three are the victims of carelessness and the all too common attitude in war that ""Oops oh well its war people die. Sorry kid""
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#15 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Now that I think about it Nagato's dog dieing reminded me of Lucy using her vectors to murder her classmates when they killed her puppy.

Maybe his was so exponential that he ended up destroying a major country..
Humans do tend to hold animals on a higher emotional level than those of their own species. I can somewhat understand then I figure.

#16 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Apparently Nagato's dog does die, but I can symphasize with him a little more now that I learned how his dog died, along with all the other incidents. And it was a good thing that his dog dying was Nagato's second pain. dry.gif

Now I want to see how Yahiko died.

#17 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

I am just glad that this was only his second pain I was seriously getting worried about Kishimoto sanity.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 24 April 2009 - 09:13 PM.

#18 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

i didnt mind the chapter it shows a little of their background which is always interesting.

Does anyone else think... --Click here to view--
Does anyone else think that Yahiko is going to be killed by Hanzo which leads to the entire civil war in the land of rain? I just get that feeling....

anyway because of Golden Week we will have to wait two weeks to find out.

I wish double issue meant double the story instead of the fact that it is on the shelf for two weeks sad.gif

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#19 zig-zag-zombies

zig-zag-zombies

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I really thought the chapter was alright. It wasn't overly exciting, but I don't find myself in a position to complain when I adore this story to the point that I do. I'm just going to sit back and let Kishimoto do his thing.

So far, I don't think Nagato has had it very bad compared to the other characters we see. Naruto has had it worse, and Sasuke has as well. War is a part of all histories, and Nagato certainly wasn't the only one to experience hardships from it. There are many that would have gone through much worse things, but Nagato has power and he has abused it because he never grew up. He failed to do what Jiraiya had instructed him to do.

Yahiko does remind me a bit of Naruto. The thing that bothers me is how Nagato took Yahiko's dream and twisted it - he's even using Yahiko's body! Nagato clearly never understood Yahiko or else he wouldn't be to this point.

I'm just rambling on. I'm interested to see what the second source of Nagato's pain is - it better be good, because so far, he's got nothing on Naruto and Sasuke (or even Tsunade, really).

#20 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I didn't enjoy this chapter much. I enjoyed seeing them all as children but im rather disappointed Konan was so nice as a child but then became so uptight and cold as an Akatsuki. I mean i understand why she is, but being evil doesn't mean you have to be cold and silent all the time. But i digress....(EDIT: I fixed my spelling, you happy? dry.gif )

Overall it was an okay chapter and i really hope the upcoming chapters are better. The convo can only last so long before it becomes too long and boring and that limit (for me atleast) is another chapter of full convo before it gets boring and repetitive.

Edited by zman170, 25 April 2009 - 02:19 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users