No replies to this topic

#1 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

As you can tell, this is an IC world of a modern Earth where people with 'powers' exist (ie, Marvels, DC, Heroes, et cetera). At best, I would like to keep the IC-verse its own custom canon, but if you need inspiration for a similar set-up, the series Heroes is of related material (ie, people discovering powers in a modern world and how this affects them and what the world does, if and when it finds out about them).

Feel free to use this thread for discussion of IC related matters, ideas for possible inclusion into the IC-verse, et cetera.

EDIT: Also, just a quick clarification, that while this is similar to Greed's Keepers-verse RPGs, this has two main and key differences: not so post-apocolyptic in setting and the powers aren't just lab created, but can cover natural born gifts, magic, et cetera.

EDIT #2: For the record, and to help clear up any confusion indicated by the PMs I've gotten, this RPG idea dates back to 2008 when I first started up the first incarnation of it. If need be, I can provide the original link to the old forums this RPG used if desired. There are also old threads here about the original version.

http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=8431
http://www.narusaku....?showtopic=8691

And here's a copy of the 'basic story' info from the old RHR:

The basic story for RHR is simple:

Its set on modern day Earth, the here and now. RHR is to be a character RPG experience, so be prepared to focus on a smaller scale if you don't have much experience with such things.

Story wise, its like this: more and more people are being born....different (ie, with 'powers'). While this has happened in the past, its now happening in such large numbers that there are too many for older generations to keep track of and help hide (not counting the more 'bizarre' things that affect physical form).

Of course, for RPing balance, player characters will be normals (aka, 'everday people') and abnormals (aka, 'people with power(s)'). That doesn't mean that, within reason, an abnormal character can't be submitted for approval that falls into a category like 'magician', 'alien', 'sentient machine', et cetera.

Edited by Abel Nightroad, 13 June 2012 - 04:11 AM.

"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users