#21 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Jul 30 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Man is pretty much a JAP mecha fettish thing anyway!

Not really. Iron Man's been around since the very early sixties. He debuted in '63, as I recall, in an anthology comic. The whole mecha thing in Japan didn't really take hold until the seventies and the earliest mecha anime series to have human pilots was around in '71 or '72. So Iron Man pretty much predates a lot of the known, popular Japanese mecha anime product by close to a decade.

Though some would probably dispute whether Iron Man and his sophisticated armors count as mecha, but that's neither here nor there.

Irregardless, I'm at least intrigued by an Iron Man anime, so I'm willing to wait to see more. The Wolverine "trailer", however, makes me want to vomit school desks.

Edited by dl316bh, 31 July 2009 - 07:31 AM.

bd5.jpg

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Nah, Iron Man's more of a Powered Armor than a mecha really.... You see any mecha that's made to be folded in a briefcase and easily wearable? A Powered Armor enhances a human's capabilities and may also include onboard weapons, a mecha on the other hand is basically a vehicle piloted by a pilot; more on the lines of a bipedal tank.... Well, that's how I see it.

#23 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

I agree. Which is why I mentioned that some would dispute if it even qualified as mecha. But again, that's neither here nor there.

Iron Man has always been more about technology, heroics, corporate business and futurism. Maybe some politics here and there, considering he was once Director of Defense and Director of SHIELD.
bd5.jpg

#24 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:56 PM

Dude, you can vomit school desks?

I'm making you watch the Wolverine anime and bringing you to my college! We need more desks!

#25 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 31 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, you can vomit school desks?

I'm making you watch the Wolverine anime and bringing you to my college! We need more desks!

I'm amazing, aren't I?

Bleh at watching the Wolverine anime though! I shall never allow you to subject me to such torment! It would be torture! Torture I say!
bd5.jpg

#26 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 31 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm amazing, aren't I?

Bleh at watching the Wolverine anime though! I shall never allow you to subject me to such torment! It would be torture! Torture I say!

*Straps you down to a chair and makes you watch Wolverine anime*

NOW GIMME MY DESKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users