Close
Photo

Phantasy Star Online 2 (ENGLISH RELEASE - SPRING 2013)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Apr 6 2012, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will make some Sexy HUneys at work tomorrow! HAHAHA

XD

I made a RAmar yesterday, and his name is Earl:
Attached File  pso20120405_185627_000.jpg   623.29KB   15 downloads
(tried to attach his save file as well, but H&E doesn't allow that upload)

I like his steely-eyed wild west look, but I do wish the costumes were more flexible with colour, I'd have liked to make it feel like a dusty brown trenchcoat. The character creator is definitely more powerful than PSU/PSO, and it can actually let you create interesting guys this time! tongue.gif I'll try to make a few more characters later today.

EDIT: More done!

Attached File  pso20120407_134041_001.jpg   755.17KB   7 downloads
Attached File  pso20120407_134243_005.jpg   592.68KB   7 downloads
Attached File  pso20120407_140819_013.jpg   580.22KB   10 downloads
Attached File  pso20120407_135715_011.jpg   390.98KB   5 downloads

#62 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

There is an English patch for the character creator! Credit to Agrajag for creating it.

Download it here.

It's just a simple unzip/copy (read the readme file contained). smile.gif I have tested it and can confirm it works!

#63 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 8 2012, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is an English patch for the character creator! Credit to Agrajag for creating it.

Download it here.

It's just a simple unzip/copy (read the readme file contained). smile.gif I have tested it and can confirm it works!

Sweet! Kinda hard to tweak my settings when it's all in Japanese hahaha

Edit: nevermind. D:

Edited by JoHamSandwich, 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#64 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Apr 9 2012, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet! Kinda hard to tweak my settings when it's all in Japanese hahaha

Edit: nevermind. D:

Jo, I'm not quite sure how to read your reply, did it all work OK, or did you have a problem with the patch?

#65 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Patch worked fine for the character creation; I thought it was going to patch all of the Japanese XD

Anyway! Here's my sexslave HUney!

Attached File  pso20120410_125848_000.jpg   374.3KB   12 downloads

Attached File  pso20120410_125904_001.jpg   392.93KB   17 downloads

Edited by JoHamSandwich, 02 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#66 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

PSO2 (Pre)Open Beta Plans and Closed Beta Report

Sonic Team have now announced that there will be a Pre-Open Beta test in late June! The purpose of this test is to try out the fixes for the network problems many players encountered during the Closed Beta. If all goes well, they will launch the Open Beta immediately afterwards.

Here's a guide to registering for the Pre-Open and Open Beta tests. However, if you have already registered for the Alpha or Closed Beta Tests, you do not need to register again. smile.gif

Pre-Open Beta Registration Guide

Game data from the Pre-Open Beta will not carry over to the Open Beta, but it will grant you a special bonus item for the Open Beta. Open Beta game data will carry over to the official release. So, if you want to get a head start in PSO2, play the open beta! I'm sure that there will also be an English patch released for the Open Beta client soon after it starts. happy.gif

#67 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

Is that in Japanese, though?

#68 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, it's in Japanese, but the guides I linked will help you through, and there will most likely be an English patch for the open beta. happy.gif The game itself is also easy to play once you figure out what's what.

Of course, hopefully Sega will announce an English localisation of PSO2 before too long, maybe at E3?

#69 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

I just got an email from SEGA about PSO2? I'm guessing it's about the Open Beta?

#70 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ May 31 2012, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got an email from SEGA about PSO2? I'm guessing it's about the Open Beta?

Yeah, it's a pre-registration campaign for the upcoming Open Beta: PSO2 Open Beta Pre-Registration Campaign Info

Since you registered for the Closed Beta, you're already in. happy.gif You'll get a Rappy Doll room item for the Open Beta, which will carry over to the official game, since everything you earn in the Open Beta carries over to the official release.

Anyone else who hasn't registered yet has until the 20th of June to do so!

There's been an update on weapons and MAGs:

Weapons and MAGs coming soon to PSO2

Some may debut in the Open Beta, while others will be released over time.

I want that Cruel Coffin gunblade for my Hunter! wow.png It'd be awesome for Caves as well. a_plotting.gif

#71 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

We have a big update!

PSO2 Pre-Open and Open Beta Plans and Dates Announced

Here's some selected info from the link above:
  • There will be a Pre-Open Beta on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th June, and it will run from 10am to 3pm GMT (7pm to midnight JST) each day.
  • The Pre-Open Beta is just to test the new netcode, character data will NOT be carried over to the Open Beta.
  • If all goes well, the Open Beta will officially launch within a week of the Pre-Open Beta. smile.gif
  • The Pre-Open Beta will introduce the new desert planet, and there will be a special quest you can do at Level 1. Finishing that quest will earn you the Bouquet Rifle in the Open Beta, and give you access to the desert planet in the Pre-Open Beta.
  • If there are no problems in the Open Beta, they will quickly start the official game - and all character data will carry over, of course.
  • You will be able to go up to Level 30 in both the Betas.
  • You won't be able to use the Arks Cash Shop during the Betas, however you will have free access to your Room and Shop for this period.

The link also gives more information on the Arks Cash Shop and the monthly subscription option ("Premium Set"), which gives you complete access to your Room and Shop, as well as an Item Trader, Premium Storage Box, Premium Lobby Block, and a FUN Points boost. Of course, the game is FREE to download, and you don't need to spend ANY money in order to play and finish the game. You can also earn FUN Points simply by playing the game, which you can spend on a lottery to get free items.

In an earlier update, they also detailed the new Frozen Tundra map and enemies. The game is looking good. biggrin.gif

Last, but not least, we might soon be hearing about an English version of PSO2! In a post at the Sega forums, it was announced that the last English PSU servers would shut down. The shut-down will be on the 7th of September 2012, and they have promised some exciting news in the coming weeks/months, so here's hoping for an English client for PSO2!

Well, I'll definitely be playing in the Pre-Open and Open Betas of PSO2. Anyone want to join in? biggrin.gif

#72 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm in! Just remind me so I can hop in!

#73 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Jun 9 2012, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in! Just remind me so I can hop in!

Sure thing. smile.gif I'll let you know when updates are available for the PSO2 client.

There's been an interesting leak from Dengeki, they accidently posted a banner ad for PSO2 that revealed the possible Open Beta start date. If all goes well with the Pre-Open Beta, you can pretty much expect the Open Beta to start on the 21st of June. biggrin.gif If so, that's the day your real PSO2 quest will begin.

#74 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

PSO2 Pre-Open Beta Site Guide and Client Download

The Pre-Open Beta update has been released! If you have the PSO2 Closed Beta client, all you have to do is run it and let it update. biggrin.gif The launcher will update itself first, then you need to press on the Start Game button (top one) to make it update. It's a big patch, so it may take a little time - just check the bar every 20-30 minutes as it tends to pause for long periods of time, then suddenly shoot forward.

If you don't have the client, you can download the new one by following the guide I've linked above. Remember, you must have registered for the PSO2 beta in order to download. The link above will also link you to a registration guide if you're interested in checking out the open beta of PSO2. smile.gif

#75 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

What was the email I got earlier today?

#76 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

That e-mail was just a notice about the Pre-Open Beta client being available to download, same as the stuff I linked in my previous post. happy.gif

EDIT: The English-speaking PSO2 community is planning to be on Ship 2 and Block 20/21.

#77 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

PSO2 Pre-Open Beta is active now! biggrin.gif Just logging in and making my Hunter.

#78 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

aw yea!!

gonna be on later tonight!

#79 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

The Pre-Open Beta has been extended by 2 hours today, from 10am GMT until 5pm GMT. smile.gif

Not sure if I'll be playing much today as I got the Bouquet Rifle unlocked yesterday, and there are no further incentives than that. But it's been nice to see that Sega adjusted the story and quests so that they flow easier and smoother than they did in the Closed Beta. happy.gif

If you manage to finish the desert mission, you'll eventually get sent an item code via e-mail so you can claim your Bouquet Rifle. So, when you get a mail from Sega, be sure to check if there's a code in it!

UPDATE:

The Open Beta begins on Thursday June 21st, at 7am GMT!

Character data from the Open Beta will carry over to the official game, so your PSO2 journey will begin on Thursday. biggrin.gif

#80 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Argh, I can't decide who to play as! DX

Yep, the PSO2 Open Beta is out now. If anyone would like to join in, Ricardo over at PSUblog has put together some excellent guides, and Jo and I can answer any questions you may have. biggrin.gif

Registration for PSO2
Virtual Katakana Keyboard (for Japanese CAPTCHA)
Virtual Hiragana Keyboard (ditto, just in case they display hiragana)

Open Beta Minimum Requirements:
OS: Windows XP 32bit | Windows Vista or Windows 7 32bit or 64bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or above
RAM: Windows XP:1.5GB+ | Vista or Windows 7:2GB+
HDD: 8GB or more
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar or higher
Direct X: Direct X 9.0c or higher

Download the game:
PSO2 Download Page - Click on the big spacey button with the two hunters! This will download a torrent-like program that will download the entire open beta. After installing it, it might need to patch (you'll see a progress bar when you run the game).
NOTE: If you have already downloaded the game, you don't need to download it again. Just run it and let it patch.

Ricardo's guide to downloading and running the game.

Starting in the game:
Ricardo's Starter Guide to PSO2. Just read through it and click on the sections you need, there is a lot of great info. smile.gif

UPDATE: Forgot to mention, the English community is mainly on Ship 2, but some have gone onto Ship 10 because Ship 2 seems to hit the registration limit at times.

Hope to see more of you guys on PSO2! It may all be in Japanese at the moment, but it's easy and fun to play, and there are excellent guides like PSUblog and PSOWorld. There's also a group of people working on an English patch for the open beta, and we're fairly confident that Sega plans to announce an English client in the coming weeks/months.

Now, my character creation problem... DX --Click here to view--

There's only one character slot for the open beta, and I can't decide who to play as! Here's my three choices (for now):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users