Close
Photo

Manga-wise, why NaruSaku not happening makes sense.

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

Naruto never confessed

He did confess. Off-screen. According to Sakura in The Last

It called lust.
A crush is still have a romantic aspect.

Disagree. Sakura's dream was to see Sasuke's D, I'm not even kidding.

Seriously, why are we still trying to analyze this? We all already know that the series is about never moving on. There are so many characters who have never moved on from the past, because "never moving on" = "never giving up".

And those who say "Naruto moved on to Hinata!" are wrong; his feelings for Sakura were simply retconned out of existence so he wouldn't be considered a bad person for moving on. Apparently.

Edited by Skarrow, 09 April 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#122 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:30 PM

@skarrow
Yes, she want the D, but it doesn't change the fact that she want to be in romantic relationship with sasuke.

Never moving on = never give up? Well, that just a bad writting.

Personally, I don't see naruto moving on from sakura to Hinata is a bad thing. The problem is the way they write it.

Edited by rocci, 09 April 2016 - 11:32 PM.

#123 Skarrow

Skarrow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:44 PM

^ Nobody with a rational perspective sees it as a bad thing.

I want to claim that romance isn't an important part of the Naruto series, but I'd be wrong. Because Kishimoto set up a love triangle on purpose in Chapter 3. A love triangle that resolved itself with none of the three actually "winning" (Naruto doesn't end up with Sakura, Sakura marries Sasuke but to this day it's as one-sided as ever, and Sasuke... whether or not you see his feeling for Naruto as romantic or platonic it's quite clear that he didn't end up with Naruto regardless). Kishimoto knows that he sucks at writing romance, and still he made it so incredibly important to his series, character-wise. Logic? Wat logic? lol.

#124 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:49 PM

@skarrow

There's a "winner", it's called Hinata.
I will add, Hinata win the romance and sasuke win the manga.

This manga doesn't have nor follow logic.
If romance is not "important", he will not make naruto love sakura.

There're a reason on why most shonen protagonist doesn't love anyone in the beginning to (sometimes) the end.

Edited by rocci, 09 April 2016 - 11:50 PM.

#125 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

This manga doesn't have nor follow logic.

That's why it's bad, yes.

I think the part that makes it worse is that the manga was, despite being ponderous, fairly well plotted for Part One and the first hundred or so chapters of Part Two. But at some point it just drove off a cliff. That's always kind of been the worst part for me. It spent a long time being one thing or promising something, only to completely fall apart. Given how long this thing was, you could count your investment in years, so when it all went horribly wrong all that time and energy spent caring about it felt like a waste.

There're a reason on why most shonen protagonist doesn't love anyone in the beginning to (sometimes) the end.

Well, they're usually action stories, so yeah. But plenty have romance sideplots. Not all of them are done well. Some are bad. Few are as awful as Naruto.

Edited by dl316bh, 10 April 2016 - 12:19 AM.

bd5.jpg

#126 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

When Naruto lost his arm he became more machine than man.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#127 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

When Naruto lost his arm he became more machine than man.

That's where his brain and heart were located.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#128 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

Okay I'll be responding to this thread for the first time ever cause I'm bored. NaruSaku not happening makes sense? HOW does it make sense? WHAT was the manner and reasoning in which it was resolved? NOTHING. Nothing between these two was resolved it was, Oh! All of a sudden we skip to the future and BAM everyone is hooked up and have kids. No, I'm not bringing up "The Last" here because as the title states, we are talking about the manga. Up until the end, here is how the romance subplot is divided. Hinata is crushing on Naruto, Naruto doesn't notice. Sakura is crushing on/obsessing over Sasuke, Sasuke doesn't care. Meanwhile Naruto and Sakura become the best of friends and steadily improve their relationship and become more and more emotionally protective of each other. You know? Like how a realistic romance is portrayed? Yet they don't coddle their best friend, they believe in them. They know how determined the other is and depend on eachother as equals. Even if they DID fight once, does that mean that the friendship between them is so frail that they would break ties over it? First off, let's look at the facts here. That argument was a result of miscommunication and holding back important information that could have prevented the fight. Sakura did not want to tell Naruto Sasuke is finally being treated as the wanted criminal that he is, and Naruto was not sure of to make of the Uchiha incident, therefore did not want to spread a potentially false story. Even with that in mind, did they change their behaviour towards each other, did they show hostility over what happened? No.

NaruHina teaches us an ideal beta male fantasy. Males need an obedient, submissive, weepy woman with no self-esteem, that cater to their every whim. The male need not change or be put in check because their feelings are too important to be hurt or stopped. The woman must never question the man, only cook his meals, do his laundry and look after their children. The man slaps her "kittens" and she must be thankful. He wants "to bang"? She must say yes. He neglects her? She still must be the obedient house keeper. You think I'm exaggerating? Look at all the current chapters produced post 700 and check on the NaruHina relationship. Side note* I'm being sarcastic about the banging and kitten slapping, but given Hinata's personality it's not unbelievable is it?

SasuSaku teaches all of the above AND MORE. A woman is supposed to do and be all those things for a man even though he is abusive and neglectful. It doesn't matter if he tries to kill you or belittle your worth, you're supposed to be an "undying with loyalty" dog. He never returned after conceiving a child with you? No problem, still wait for him to return even though he never does. Just like Hinata above, keep house for him and raise your child alone. He finally homes back? He ignores you, and leaves again. Whoopedy do. Just go about your business as usual. Remember girls and ladies, If a man stabs you in the heart and calls you worthless, he's just being a tsundere, and abuse is the ultimate form of love! Him doing bigger and more important things means he's too busy to cater the needs of his loved ones and that makes him even more desirable because he's hot!

So YES, Naruskau is not happening makes perfect sense. Their interactions were reduced to zero to favour their spouses and Naruhina happened in an extended media and not in the manga itself makes perfect sense. Naruto and Sakura not even sorting their feelings out on panel if at all is a PERFECTLY LOGICAL EXPLANATION on why they didn't get together How could we be so blind? :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 April 2018 - 07:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users