• This topic is locked This topic is locked
426 replies to this topic

#1 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:35 AM

Rules are simple: Try not to double post, and get into serious fights over silly things. Anyone can join, just make sure you read all the posts and act accordingly. If you feel like you're left behind, send me a PM and I'll figure out a way to get you in. *My* character will serve as the GM and sortof steer the RP but you all are responsible for helping me flush the story out! As far as your characters go, you can reference the old threads and sort of construct yourselves from there. Try not to make yourself "overpowered" please. I will open a second thread for you to post your character bios.

The Setting:
Chaos and war has erupted on the surface of the Earth bringing about poverty to every nation. The Kingdoms of the Humans, and Elves are controlled by greedy rulers vying for control of the planet. These lords have placed heavy restrictions on the use of steam-powered and magical airships alike, stopping many from returning to the sky cities above. However such laws have never stopped those who wish to break them.
Many years ago people used to live above the earth in floating cities. These cities were powered by magic crystals constructed by ancient wizards. Together with steam technology these crystals created enough power to sustain large cities and keep them in the air. This same technology was used to power other machines such as airships, which came in various sizes, and that depended on the size crystal that powered it. However, the technology has been lost over the years and most lack the ability to create such ships.
You are a commoner, born from a long line of thieves and mercenaries. Like your fathers and mothers before, you have been taught the way of the blade, firearm, and magick. Despite this training you are just one person and the rule of law keeps you pretty much in your place. However things are destined to change, and you must gather your allies and rise to the challenge.

Chapter One: Reach The Sky.
You awake in your bed aloft the pub that you and a couple of your mates have ownership. It appears you've slept through the day, and its nearly time for you to take your evening shift. You make your way down the wooden steps from the loft and enter the pubs' kitchen. The cooks are hard at work making the "soup of the day" which is the same every day. The smell is enough to make you gag, you dare not taste it, and so you move on. The bar is noisy and full of strangers, none of the regulars appear to be around. Anyway business is business and you begin your duties.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 30 November 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

Balian chuckled as one of his new customers told a funny story, toothpick in his mouth, he poured the guy another shot before moving on to another customer.

Suddenly, the Pub's doors swung open, several armored soldiers walked in, carrying parchment.
'Seems to be the Royal Guard,' he thought to himself before they reached the bar. "What canna' get fine gentlemen today?" He asked the stone-faced guards. The Pub's occupants watched silently as the leader unsheathed his knife and placed the parchment against the wooden column next to Balian.

Balian narrowed his eyes slightly as the guard placed a bounty before turning away to address the crowd.
"There's been another killing. The local Governor has finally declared that these rash of killings are connected. We are offering a thousand coins to any who can find the killer. Dead or Alive." After the guard finished, the group exited the pub, amidst mutterings of 'Finally' and 'Damn right'

Balian sighed as he look at the bounty picture. Its very presence dampening the initially festive atmosphere.

#3 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

Ragnarok groaned to himself as he washed dishes.

"Why'd they have to make me the bus boy? I'd be much better as a bouncer... *grumble*"

"Break the dishes, that'll teach them for giving you the wrong job!" Muspel (one of his duel swords) said.

"Don't break the dishes, you'll have to pay for them!" Nifl said.

"Grr... I think I'll have to go with Nifl on this one, Muspel." Ragnarok grumbled. He continued washing the dishes.

Edited by TheBerserkMoogle, 01 December 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#4 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:15 AM

Twill stood in front of the news board, staring wide-eyed at the reward posting. It would be enough money to feed her family for months, the gold, and her hand twitched faintly at the thought. This was the first good posting she had seen since making it into town. The local bar seemed popular enough, telling her that any jobs would most likely be posted inside.

The words 'Dead or Alive' stood out to her, and she knew it was probably a long shot to think she could take this killer in alive. She swallowed at the only other option. The only life she had ever taken was when she hunted game. This was different. Very different. Could she look someone in the eyes, killer or not, and take away their life?

Chewing her lip, she tried to stop thinking about it, acknowledging the weight of her trusty bow at her back. It was green, same color as her eyes, and it was her ticket into a better life.

Perhaps she could do it. She might not know how to think like a killer, but she knew how to hunt.

But where would she even start?

#5 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

Zerva was sitting at the bar eyes stuck on the bounty that was posted not even 5 minutes ago.

"That's a fine reward there, much more than what i'm getting working at this bar cleaning tables." He said to himself.

Noticing the young women also looking at the news board he stood up and made his way over to the board as well.

With a blush on his face he stopped beside her and looked at the bounty.

"What's a pretty gal like you looking at a bounty for?" He asked.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#6 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

The tavern doors open quietly, and a relatively wealthy looking noble enters the pub.

His slender build is accented by the fitted white double breasted long coat that he wears.

The spurs on his boots make a distinguishable sound as he walks to the bar and sits down.

He is armed with two gaudy rapier swords sheathed in fine leather scabbards.

He raises his hand and orders a drink.

"Barman, a drink!"

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 01 December 2011 - 07:23 AM.

#7 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

He eyed the young girl looking the bounty with some trepidation before shaking his head. "Another kid who seems to be way over her head." He sighed before turning to the noble who asked for a drink.

"So..." He began, pouring the man a drink, "what's a hanky-panky rich boy like you doin' in our neck of the woods?" He was glad that the tavern's occupants were still talking about the recent visit by the guards. "Tryin' to escape your parents? Forge your own path? Seems those types are runnin' all over the place."

#8 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Head turning, Twill looked up at the man who had approached her. He seemed to be around her age, though he had silver hair covered by a cowboy hat. She blinked, finding it odd he wore it, as well as his accent. He could be a local, though his accent suggested he was from elsewhere. He could be a traveler, like her, but he wasn’t dressed for it.

If he was looking for work too, he might possibly be a rival. She searched his expression carefully, but found he didn’t seem threatening. His gray eyes stared back with a friendly expression, but Twill couldn’t help but think there was something else there. Like weariness; not the tired kind, but the kind that suggested one had been through hard times. The kind she too held, she supposed.

Allowing an easy smile to cross her face she said casually, “I’m not from here, so this murderer business is new to me.” If he was looking for work too, she didn’t want to appear too eager, in case he felt threatened. “I’m wondering if maybe I decided to stop in the wrong town.” Tilting her head to the side, she asked innocently, “Do you know anything about it?”

#9 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Ragnarok accidently dropped a plate.

"Woops..."
"Ha! Victory is mine!" Muspel said.
"Bah humbug." Nifl replied.

#10 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Zerva stood there facing the girl, turning his face back to the news board. "Well if it's work that has to do with murder, you've pretty much found the right town Miss."

As he turned back toward the young women he looked into her green eyes, noticing the same weariness he has in his own eyes.

"Sorry for being rude I don't think I introduced myself, the names Zerva I moved here about a month ago and I work at this here bar part time, the other half I work as a mercenary or a body
guard really. Nice to meet'cha."

He said putting out his hand for a handshake.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 01 December 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#11 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

"Hey Boss!" Ragnarok called to Balian, "I think I broke one!"

#12 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 1 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He eyed the young girl looking the bounty with some trepidation before shaking his head. "Another kid who seems to be way over her head." He sighed before turning to the noble who asked for a drink.

"So..." He began, pouring the man a drink, "what's a hanky-panky rich boy like you doin' in our neck of the woods?" He was glad that the tavern's occupants were still talking about the recent visit by the guards. "Tryin' to escape your parents? Forge your own path? Seems those types are runnin' all over the place."

He took his drink, and sipped it slowly.

"Actually, I'm looking for someone..a crew is more like it."

He leaned forward over the bar waving to the barkeep to come closer.

"You see, I may or may not have found the location of a very old airship. Maybe you've heard of it?"

He smiled..and continued.

"The Barracuda."

#13 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

Ragnarok quickly ran over to the bar.

"Did you say the Barracuda?" His mouth hung open in surprise.

Edited by TheBerserkMoogle, 01 December 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#14 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

(occ @alexander I don't think you can control other peoples characters. You should create your own :3 )

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 1 2011, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zerva stood there facing the girl, turning his face back to the news board. "Well if it's work that has to do with murder, you've pretty much found the right town Miss."

As he turned back toward the young women he looked into her green eyes, noticing the same weariness he has in his own eyes.

"Sorry for being rude I don't think I introduced myself, the names Zerva I moved here about a month ago and I work at this here bar part time, the other half I work as a mercenary or a body
guard really. Nice to meet'cha."

He said putting out his hand for a handshake.

Twill took his hand and gave it a firm shake. "I'm Twill, nice to meet you."

A mercenary... she thought to herself. She'd come across a few in the Hive, the trading district in her town. When they came into town with bags full of gold, trading was exceptionally rewarding. The other times though, when their gold bags were empty, they tended to be fairly violent, getting into fights over jobs, quarreling with locals, and making a mess of things in general.

Zerva didn't seem all that bad, but she had just met him. At the same time, could he really be fooled into thinking she wasn't look for a job? Her bow and arrows at her back would be telling enough.

With a sigh, she decided to take her chances. If this Zerva wanted the job for himself, she would have to let him take it. Otherwise, perhaps she could lucky and get some useful information from someone who knew something about the area.

"I'm from a small mining town a few days away. I've been looking for work to send money back to my family, and this job is the best thing I've seen so far." She gave him a grim smile. "It seems that, beyond the government, not many people have money to spare."

Edited by Miss Soupy, 01 December 2011 - 11:41 PM.

#15 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

[quote name='Miss Soupy' date='Dec 1 2011, 05:40 PM' post='354481']
(occ @alexander I don't think you can control other peoples characters. You should create your own :3 )

Yes, what she says is true.))

#16 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Giving Twill a small smile he decided he could help her out.

"I know I could use the money from this job but it seems you need it more than me, If its alright with you I could help you out with the job for free."

Letting go of her hand he looked away with a slight embarassed look on his face. He pulled his hat down alittle bit to cover the red on his cheeks.

"I...It's just I really don't have much to do around here since my sibling passed away. I'm not much but when it comes to protecting someone i'm one of the best."

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 01 December 2011 - 11:51 PM.

#17 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 1 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was just about continuing the story, but don't worry, I won't bother again sweatdrop.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#18 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 1 2011, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Giving Twill a small smile he decided he could help her out.

"I know I could use the money from this job but it seems you need it more than me, If its alright with you I could help you out with the job for free."

Letting go of her hand he looked away with a slight embarassed look on his face. He pulled his hat down alittle bit to cover the red on his cheeks.

"I...It's just I really don't have much to do around here since my sibling passed away. I'm not much but when it comes to protecting someone i'm one of the best."

His words tugged at her heartstrings. Immediately she thought about her brother and sister, of their thin faces and grumbling stomachs. They could survive, just barely, on Kale’s meager wages in the mines, but they deserved more than that. That’s why she was here. Now the weariness in Zerva’s eyes made sense. She couldn’t imagine losing Kale or Thea.

What would she have done in Zerva’s place? Twill found she couldn’t imagine it.

She watched him tuck his hat down, embarrassed. It had probably taken a lot for him to be open with her.

“Let’s split it,” she said suddenly, her voice confident. “50-50. Two is better than one on a job, isn’t it? The reward is more than enough, and I wouldn’t feel right if we worked together and you got nothing.”

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 1 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was just about continuing the story, but don't worry, I won't bother again sweatdrop.gif

OOC: It's an RPG, not Round Robin..... Now, I'll be takin' my character back if you don't mind. cool.gif

Balian scratched his beard in thought. "The Barracuda, huh? The name sounds...vaguely familiar." He turned to his young busboy.

"And was that plates I hear dropping, boy?" He asked, eyebrow raised before turning back to the noble. "Make sure to clean it up," were his orders.

"Now, why are you looking for a remnant of the great war?" He stared at the noble, all traces of humor gone. "Some things are best left to the past." His eyes danced with old memories

#20 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 1 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OOC: It's an RPG, not Round Robin..... Now, I'll be takin' my character back if you don't mind. cool.gif

Balian scratched his beard in thought. "The Barracuda, huh? The name sounds...vaguely familiar." He turned to his young busboy.

"And was that plates I hear dropping, boy?" He asked, eyebrow raised before turning back to the noble. "Make sure to clean it up," were his orders.

"Now, why are you looking for a remnant of the great war?" He stared at the noble, all traces of humor gone. "Some things are best left to the past." His eyes danced with old memories

"Well, I happen to know where it is...through a contact of mine. Only I can't fly it alone. And I thought pubs is where one goes to acquire.."help"?

He rubbed his chin slightly...and reached inside his coat and pulled out a small coin purse and plopped it on the bar. "There's more of this in it if you're interested.."

"Whatcha say?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users