• Please log in to reply
31579 replies to this topic

#28281 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:51 PM

The problem I have, is i enjoy some of Naruto still. But what it turns into is just pathetic.

It's like being a star wars fan in my case while I hate episode 8 and 9 I'm still going to be a fan of star wars and rewatch the other movies and play the games and read the comics.

#28282 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:01 AM

At the end of the day we just have to take the stuff we like and leave the rest. Its that hard after gaining some time and perspective.

Mourn what could have been, rail against the kitten but love what you loved at the end of the day.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#28283 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

If only I could. Every time I look at that short haired jack-@$$ now, I am constantly reminded THAT IS NOT NARUTO UZUMAKI. That isn't the daydreaming compassionate, selfless character we've been rooting for all these years. He is a run down ruined wreck of his former self, glued to office work he could have clones do, avoids his family and friends (those that don't work in the office with him anyway) and nothing concerns him anymore other than his "next date meeting" with his yaoi boyfriend and some emo pre-teen that reminds him of said "yaoi boyfriend".

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2020 - 05:21 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28284 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

If only I could. Every time I look at that short haired jack-@$$ now, I am constantly reminded THAT IS NOT NARUTO UZUMAKI. That isn't the daydreaming compassionate, selfless character we've been rootig for all these years. He is a run down ruined wreck of his former self, glued to office work he could have clones do, avoids his family and friends (those that don't work in the office with him anyway) and nothing concerns him anymore other than his "next date meeting" with his yaoi boyfriend  and some emo pre-teen that reminds him of said "yaoi boyfriend".

I feel the same way. And then I see stuff that forces Boruto to be in for no other raisins except exposure to a failing series and I got "What the hell?!". I mostly say this due to Jump Force basically forcing Boruto into the mix when he isn't really necessary and some other series coulda gotten some representation with him being omitted. I also say this as something of a fighting game freak, and I've been trying to think of a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom game idea in my brain, where I want to try to find good representation for a roster on the Jump side of things.

#28285 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

If only I could. Every time I look at that short haired jack-@$$ now, I am constantly reminded THAT IS NOT NARUTO UZUMAKI. That isn't the daydreaming compassionate, selfless character we've been rootig for all these years. He is a run down ruined wreck of his former self, glued to office work he could have clones do, avoids his family and friends (those that don't work in the office with him anyway) and nothing concerns him anymore other than his "next date meeting" with his yaoi boyfriend and some emo pre-teen that reminds him of said "yaoi boyfriend".

The hair on Naruto now is a abomination it looks so bad.

#28286 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:29 AM

Ugh...the comments...

2e5.gif

#28287 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:27 AM

...So which number is marry hinata and spawning Bolt?

#28288 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:39 AM

Ugh...the comments...

Not even going to read them; I enjoy my sanity.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#28289 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

Higher than no. 1 obviously :zaru:

#28290 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Ugh...the comments...

that bad huh?

Well him vs toneri was 5 and him vs Sasuke was 1.

#28291 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

Well him vs toneri was 5 and him vs Sasuke was 1.

But he didn't win against Sasuke.

Sasuke just gave up.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#28292 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

Ugh...the comments...

More like Top 10 biggest failures Naruto ever earned.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28293 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

Sasuke just gave up.

Not to mention that it lacked any of the tenseness and emotional impact of their first battle at the end of part one.

The "final battle" was just a contest over who would become Hokage pretty much.

2e5.gif

#28294 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:43 AM

Oh for sure, all of that is true. My problem with those themes though is that it was all tell dont show, and the behaviour of both Naruto and Sakura do not make convincing evidence despite what they say. If Naruto is saying he cant have his best friend be killed then that is perfectly acceptable but I find it hard to believe that their interactions until that point made them friends at all. You dont SEE the brother like bond between them except for hearsay. All you get from the story so far is that they are rivals that are driven by envy for eachother and so drive themselves to improve.

Ultimately what Im trying to say is that the themes were there and the emotions were there but the writing was not actually convincing the audience if those themes and emotions were believable which is again supposed to be the writers job.

I think Kishi himself realized this towards the end of the series. The bond that was supposed to serve as the backbone of Naruto's journey just wasn't there, so he created flashbacks to try and explain what they meant to each other hundreds of chapters later. Kinda like how The Last was required to make Naru/Hina...okay, it's still not believable.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#28295 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:55 AM

I think Kishi himself realized this towards the end of the series. The bond that was supposed to serve as the backbone of Naruto's journey just wasn't there, so he created flashbacks to try and explain what they meant to each other hundreds of chapters later. Kinda like how The Last was required to make Naru/Hina...okay, it's still not believable.

And considering Kishi was in a terrible spot since he was tired of working on Naruto as well as still grieving over losing his dad, it didn't help when others like Studio Pierrot set up the guidelines to what the ending was gonna be and basically pissed all over everything else he did, since grief can be pretty dangerous when it blinds us to things such as our creativity.

#28296 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, agreed. I mean really. According to the "REAL FANS", his only important accomplishment to the exclusion of all others is marrying and knocking up the divine "stacked Princess" Hinata Hyuga :th_yeah:  :zaru: None of those accomplishments or fights listed in that video matter :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 December 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#28297 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

Yeah, agreed. I mean really. According to the "REAL FANS", his only important accomplishment to the exclusion of all others is marrying and knocking up the divine "stacked Princess" Hinata Hyuga :th_yeah:  :zaru: None of those accomplishments or fights listed in that video matter :lmao:

No kidding. I could do an even better Top 10 I'm sure.

#28298 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:25 PM

Sasuke just gave up.

actually it was more like a draw since both were knocked out after there last clash and waking up hours later after the fight no one won the also shouldn't they both have bled out from that wound if they splet that long.

agreed

Not to mention that it lacked any of the tenseness and emotional impact of their first battle at the end of part one.
The "final battle" was just a contest over who would become Hokage pretty much.

that last fight was already pointless and no one set up its just Sasuke randomly goes evil again.

I'm surprised they didn't count Naruto marrying hinata as a victory though Naruto vs toneri made it.

#28299 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

No kidding. I could do an even better Top 10 I'm sure.

Oh you definitely could buddy, I'm just saying that compared to Naruto becoming Hinata's "man" and getting her preggars :th_yeah: nothing else matters to those "orignal fans that still watch it. If there are still any of those left. As far as I'm concerned, "original" Naruto fans that are still watching Boruto up to this point are becoming more and more on the verge of extinction   :zaru: :goodjob:  :roll:

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 December 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#28300 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Oh you definitely could buddy, I'm just saying that compared to Naruto becoming Hinata's "man" and getting her preggars :th_yeah: nothing else matters to those "orignal fans that still watch it. If there are still any of those left. As far as I'm concerned, "original" Naruto fans that are still watching Boruto up to this point are becoming more and more on the verge of extinction   :zaru: :goodjob:  :roll:

Wait they actually that Naruto becoming Hinatas man and getting her pregnant is the only good thing that Naruto did?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)