413 replies to this topic

#101 kyuubi29

kyuubi29

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Altogether it was a good chapter, this was just warming us up for a future dicussion between the two (possibly 470) but just a couple of things
1. did anyone see narutos scowl at sai with a " you better not have done what i think youve done!"
2. sakura was about to say i love you again on page 15
3. this got me the best, yamatos and lees epressions when she confesses! i couldnt stop laughing!

#102 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (kyuubi29 @ Oct 30 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Altogether it was a good chapter, this was just warming us up for a future dicussion between the two (possibly 470) but just a couple of things
1. did anyone see narutos scowl at sai with a " you better not have done what i think youve done!"
2. sakura was about to say i love you again on page 15
3. this got me the best, yamatos and lees epressions when she confesses! i couldnt stop laughing!

I noticed it also. Why didn't she finish saying it tho? ^^

#103 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 29 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it does I did that with my boy friend, and many others have done the same thing in movies, and other things. To say, that not how it usually goes is just putting on blinders.

Key word: Movies.

And movies are a good way to look at things right? Because they're just like real life. A confession should be somewhere romantic and quiet where the two people can spend time with each other. This is like confessing in a war, someone's bound to get killed.

Real confessions are NOT out of the blue. It usually takes a long time before people work up the bravery to confess (i.e. getting engaged/married). You do NOT just pop the question out of the blue.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Or you could be Will Turner from Pirates of The Caribbean and just confess while fighting. Because THATS always realistic.

#104 kyuubi29

kyuubi29

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:54 PM

he did a famous " stop a nice narusaku moment in mid sentence" for references please look at the famous yamato speech smile.gif

#105 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 29 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And movies are a good way to look at things right? Because they're just like real life. A confession should be somewhere romantic and quiet where the two people can spend time with each other. This is like confessing in a war, someone's bound to get killed.

Real confessions are NOT out of the blue. It usually takes a long time before people work up the bravery to confess (i.e. getting engaged/married). You do NOT just pop the question out of the blue.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Or you could be Will Turner from Pirates of The Caribbean and just confess while fighting. Because THATS always realistic.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif Exacly!

#106 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 30 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Unless your Lamar Odom and Khloé Kardashian it took them 2 weeks.

Also it's not like there talking about making baby's there talking about 400+ chapters of development over what is supposed to be years.

Edited by Prime, 29 October 2009 - 11:59 PM.

#107 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

guys one manga has a completely different translation...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/469/01/

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#108 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Oct 29 2009, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also it's not like there talking about making baby's there talking about 400+ chapters of development over what is supposed to be years.

I'm not arguing that there's no development. I'm just saying its really awkward the way she confessed during an international emergency across the ninja world. It's raining daggers and suddenly Sakura is worried about Naruto dropping the promise.

As happy as I am that this finally happened, I think it's just the wrong time. INB4FANRAGE.

#109 RasenHolder

RasenHolder

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Argh I dunno whats happening its true that sakura loves him, it obviously is, but my friend on msn is saying "who knows it could be dear friend love not romantic love..." >.< If it is actually true romantic love kishi's thinking about, hes kinda doing it wrong I dunno if hes bad at romance or unless hes tryna make it intense and dramatic to get alot of us reading.. audience appeals? I dunno.. or if hes slowly gonna break are hearts hes not evil is he?!

but yeah people you just cant expect an "I LOVE YOU" [-GLOMP- -MAKE OUT-!] thats kinda not how love runs..
urgh I dunno.. and as for the fake smiles please kishi.. I hope u lot are wrong about the "fake" smiles and they turn out to be real emotional smiles But I for one dunno they look real yet they look fake.. we'll just have to wait for the next chapter besides people are saying shes using his emotions to stop chasing sasuke, sakura wouldnt be that mean to naruto I mean c'mon just flicker through the anime/Manga.. its got lots of scenes and moments of narusaku hints.. well Im sorry naruhina but it hasnt got much at all and sasusaku Id say NO!!! unless its meant as friendship but the fake smiles I think.. I think.. I think.. I think!! those smiles are not "fake love smiles" there real shes just tryna cover up the sasuke thing.. cos really deep down (NO NO NO IM NOT GONNA SAY SHE LOVES SASUKE!) she wants to save sasuke take him back to konoha and be good friends..

I have to admit sauceys done one good thing...

.... he's brought naruto and sakura together... ^///^
so yeah We all have are opinions :S thats mine ;D tell me what u think.
You gave me the wing's to fly.

NaruSaku.. <33

I'll bring you back.. Sasukeits a promise Of a life time..

CREDIT: zKrXita on deviantart for the amazing Gif images =]

#110 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

Yeah, I KNOW it a movie, I meant it as a example of how the story and movie system works. IT fiction not real life imo. huh.gifrolleyes.gif

AND yes they do happen like that in movies, Stories ectt.

#111 Silverback1138

Silverback1138

Gamer, Geek, Otaku

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Anime, Guitars

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:03 AM

Some of you guys have some great insight on this. Definitely some interesting responses from the NaruSaku community.

Here's my personal take on this being a long time member of this group and longtime NaruSaku fan. This is just my interpretation of the whole scene

This really does seem like a forced confession. It seemed like Sakura cares about Naruto but this doesn't reflect geniune love on any level. At least this confession. It's more something along the lines of, "I know you love me and I care about you enough that it hurts me to see you willing to destroy yourself for my sake." If you look at the build up with her realization of the situation from previous chapters, this is also a guilt trip confession because of what he's done on her behalf so far and even more so how much further he's willing to go for her. If you look at plenty of the dialog in the released translation, it's all over the place. She's openly denying her love for Sasuke thinking that she should somehow control the situation. "I love you now, just like you wanted! So you can stop all this!"

Naruto, loving her truly like he does, pretty much as picked up on all the lies. He knows her well enough that he knows she's lying and that this is a confession of convenience. Those flashbacks reflect Naruto's personal conclusions that his love for her will always be an unrequited love. She's never expressed anything so far between them that could constitute any feelings of mutual love. Since the beginning to the present, he's always seen her reaction to Sasuke and nothing definitely outward towards him so he's in a way accepted this "unrequited love". To hear her say her confession I pretty much predicted his reaction from the first page this scene played out. I can only imagine how hurt he must feel, not just to hear something that he wanted to hear for so long only to have it be a outright lie in this situation to knowing that she's lying to herself in the way to "protect" him.

Following this whole story, we know that there's a ton of development between Naruto and Sakura. How much she's cared for him and secretly grown to love him and how much his love has matured for her. At the same time the main theme between them has been Sasuke. They've never noticed how Sakura has grown to love Naruto though she may not realize it nor has Naruto noticed all the times that Sakura has shown her care for him more than a friend would. Even Kakashi and Yamato picked up her bogus confession as in stark contradiction to her being true to herself as Yamato noticed during the fight with Orochimaru at the bridge. Sakura has yet to realize the magnitude of the situation and even when she spoke the truth about Naruto bringing her peace, her motives were definitely impure and not sincere to how true that statement is yet how much it was a lie in the way she recognized it. It must be bittersweet to Naruto to hear the truth about how he's been there for her yet the lies behind her confession. Here's to hope that this will actually lead to a geniune NaruSaku moment.

#112 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 29 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I KNOW it a movie, I meant it as a example of how the story and movie system works. IT fiction not real life imo. huh.gifrolleyes.gif

AND yes they do happen like that in movies, Stories ectt.

OK. So I'll confess to my future girlfriend that I love her while nukes are raining out.

That's the perfect moment, right? KTHXBAI.

facepalm.png

Obviously I know it's not real life, Sherlock Holmes.

#113 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 30 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK. So I'll confess to my future girlfriend that I love her while nukes are raining out.

facepalm.png

I dunno if the world was ending I suppose that could be romantic haha.

The point is if you care for some one enough. And confessing your love for them in front of everyone means possibly saving there life it's worth a try?

#114 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 29 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

facepalm.png

Roles eyes, I meant, I stumbled the words like Sakura, not like it was in the movies ectt. rolleyes.gif

#115 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Oct 29 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno if the world was ending I suppose that could be romantic haha.

The point is if you care for some one enough. And confessing your love for them in front of everyone means possibly saving there life it's worth a try?

Sure, but not at the cost of possibly ruining a friendship. Saving Sasuke is part of Naruto's nindo, he told everybody he wouldn't become Hokage until he had his best friend at his side. And the fact that he's stubborn and wants to accomplish everything without giving up.

It's like telling a policeman that he shouldn't try and uphold the law just because it's dangerous out there and he has family.

#116 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Oct 29 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure, but not at the cost of possibly ruining a friendship. Saving Sasuke is part of Naruto's nindo, he told everybody he wouldn't become Hokage until he had his best friend at his side. And the fact that he's stubborn and wants to accomplish everything without giving up.

It's like telling a policeman that he shouldn't try and uphold the law just because it's dangerous out there and he has family.

Does this look like she lying? In this she has a kind looking face , with her eye looking like they wear back at the feeding chapter.
One Maga has a diffrent traslation than the others.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 30 October 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#117 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 29 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys one manga has a completely different translation...

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/469/01/

You're right. The translation is different. I personally like Onemanga's verion better that the others, because she uses the word 'like' instead of 'love', and that changes everything.

#118 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:13 AM

One manga translation was way better lol xD Naruto didn't say "hate" in the end, and her confession sounds wayyyy better.

Edited by Strangelove, 30 October 2009 - 12:23 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#119 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Oct 29 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this look like she lying?

Are you reading my posts?

I didn't say she lied. I just said it was rushed.

You know what?

#120 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

^ Does that look like a fake smile?

YES!! IT DOES!!

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 30 October 2009 - 12:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users