54175 replies to this topic

#48301 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

I will and always will feel bad for Naruto the most. He got the kittentiest end of the stick.

1. Didn't get the girl he loves.

2. Went through pain as a child just to go through it again as an adult.

3. Fought hard for all of his dreams just to have every last one of them ripped from him in a terrible fashion.

Loves Sakura-Chan? Lost her to Sasuke.

Wants to be Hokage? Couldn't even make it to his own inauguration.

World Peace? He didn't even do it, the war did.

Never gives up? Gave up on almost everything, not to mention became a hypocrite and a liar.

I want all of this to be a dream so Naruto can get the ending he deserves. I don't care about Sasuke nor Hinata. Naruto deserves his happy ending and so does Sakura-Chan.

SO MUCH THIS.

#48302 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

Man, this one is the worst. Think about it, this story is supposed to be about him holding onto his bond with Sasuke but the ending has Sasuke leaving the village again to do black ops stuff for Konoha. In essence, Sasuke is sacrificing his own life in order to "atone" for lashing out when Konoha screwed over his family and Konoha is still keeping the truth a secret. And then we get that despite how close of a friendship Naruto and Sakura had, Naruto doesn't even know if she was ever pregnant.

Instead, Naruto's bonds are all thrown out the window so they could say that his bond with Hinata was the strongest bond in his life. You know, because she was always watching him. Never interacting with him or helping him with his loneliness, just her always watching him and them playing together once as children is enough for them to be soulmates. Just ignore all the stuff about how this loneliness could have made Naruto go down a dark path, also ignore Naruto telling his son to endure his own loneliness,

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#48303 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

Still waiting for the heinous criminal known as Orochimaru to be locked up/executed for his crimes against humanity. I doubt Naruto has forgotten about him, given how traumatizing he is.

#48304 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

Still waiting for the heinous criminal known as Orochimaru to be locked up/executed for his crimes against humanity. I doubt Naruto has forgotten about him, given how traumatizing he is.

With the way things turned out, I actually root for Orochimaru to just own everyone when their backs are turned.

2e5.gif

#48305 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:37 AM

With the way things turned out, I actually root for Orochimaru to just own everyone when their backs are turned.

Yeah, seems like all the major criminals (Sasuke and Orochimaru) were just forgiven for their crimes. He couldn't forgive Obito, but forgave them? I'm sorry, but Obito was WAY more sympathetic than those 2.

#48306 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, seems like all the major criminals (Sasuke and Orochimaru) were just forgiven for their crimes. He couldn't forgive Obito, but forgave them? I'm sorry, but Obito was WAY more sympathetic than those 2.

Yeah, and Obito at least genuinely wanted to make things right before he died, unlike Sasuke and Orochimaru, who  only did it for their own means.

#48307 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

Orochimaru should already have done a massive Edo Tensei and bring back every Hokage and Kushina so that they can tell Naruto how disappointed they are. Then he would lose the will to fight. You can then also bring back Itachi and he can tell Sasuke that he takes back what he said about always loving his brother no matter what he decides to do, because he doesn't approve of him abandoning his friends for 13 years. Then Sasuke would lose the will to fight as well. And then they destroy Konoha. Orochimaru goes back to Oto where he becomes the new god of shinobi, and he keeps that position forever because he collected a bunch of cryogenically frozen teenagers to use to keep switching bodies with while Naruto idiotically allowed him to do whatever he wanted.

Orochimaru wins.

#48308 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, the forgiveness in Naruto is WAAYYY over the top. In other series, the bad guys are either trying to do right, serve time while regretting their actions, or get exactly what they deserve.

Oh man, the HInata obsession is insane. The fans can't take a joke or accept criticism of the character. I remember watching Naruto SD, the one where Akamaru peed on HInata, and the comments were "Hinata didn't deserve that!" I mean, really? You can't take a parody of your favorite character as it should be? And others going "If Sakura gets with Naruto, I swear to god I'll choke that b****!" How? Did they believe they have some reality breaking abilities to do that? "Oh, but she saved Naruto-!" You mean she was a PLOT DEVICE. If she "saved" Naruto she would have either pulled the rods out or beaten Pein, something I'm sure they would rather see. Sakura gets kitten for punching Naruto despite the fact that he gets up everytime, but are okay with Himiwari making her dad miss her own inauguration? Jeez, what's wrong with these people!?

I swear, this series is now Twilight for teenage boys! The ships are the only things that get any of them excited, and if you dare criticize any character who isn't Sakura, you're going to get it! I'm just sad looking at this series and it's fanbase regressed into. Back when I got into Naruto, the ships were barely talked about, people paid more attention to the fights, and you were free to criticize Kishimoto for anything! Now, the ships are all people talk about, I don't here a thing about any of the fights, and if you dare say something bad about Kishimoto, it's the firing squad for you!

I feel like we should lock Justin Beiber and Hinata in a room. They share a lot in common in terms of crazy fanbases...

#48309 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

Hinata is appealing because she loves Naruto without him having to do anything. Just loves him unconditionally from afar without even talking to him. They all want their own Hinata who will love them submissively without them having to do kitten.

With Sakura, she started to like him in that way because of everything they went through. Apparently, this is not the least bit relatable. Friendship has no value and we shouldn't act like it does. You get with a girl by just being yourself while they never talk to you. They fall in love with you because of this amorphous idea of who you are and eventually tell you about it, whereupon you accept her feelings, because you're thirsty as hell you realize that she was who you wanted to be with all along and you never knew.

You can see why Hinata won because this is obviously how people are in real life. It was totally realistic.

Edited by DrK, 24 February 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#48310 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Once again I am stealing a line from the Nostalgia Critic's Swan Princess review...

Nothing stands out about those two that makes them interesting at all. If this movie can't explain what else about them is supposed to be unique, why should the characters? Disney developed more onscreen charisma with characters that you only knew for a few days. You guys had a kittening childhood to develop their romance and you still ended up botching it. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#48311 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

Once again I am stealing a line from the Nostalgia Critic's Swan Princess review...

Nothing stands out about those two that makes them interesting at all. If this movie can't explain what else about them is supposed to be unique, why should the characters? Disney developed more onscreen charisma with characters that you only knew for a few days. You guys had a kittening childhood to develop their romance and you still ended up botching it. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

XD Nice, Ken! I will say, this is hilarious, and fitting, since there is a LOT of Nostalgia Critic quotes I could use to describe the crap that occurs in The Last and they all can fit how Doug plays it up as the Nostalgia Critic. One example is Hinata with the scarf and knitting it constantly;

"YOU ARE FIRED FROM BREATHING!!! PLEASE KINDLY PACK UP YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE LIFE!!!!"

#48312 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that he just calls her Hinata. Not Hinata-chan. Sakura is the only girl special enough to deserve an honorific, but she apparently wasn't actually special to him. Only Hinata can be. Why did he continue to call her Sakura-chan? There isn't one god damn good reason for it. He called her that because he liked her. No other reason. If he stops liking her he should have stopped calling her that and started to call Hinata that. There's also the fact that he's a scumbag. The word "Sakura-chan" shouldn't leave your lips if you're a scumbag. It conjures up the image of selfless love which a scumbag is physically incapable of feeling.

#48313 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Another thing that pisses me off is the fact that he just calls her Hinata. Not Hinata-chan. Sakura is the only girl special enough to deserve an honorific, but she apparently wasn't actually special to him. Only Hinata can be. Why did he continue to call her Sakura-chan? There isn't one god damn good reason for it. He called her that because he liked her. No other reason. If he stops liking her he should have stopped calling her that and started to call Hinata that. There's also the fact that he's a scumbag. The word "Sakura-chan" shouldn't leave your lips if you're a scumbag. It conjures up the image of selfless love which a scumbag is physically incapable of feeling.

No kidding, and it also contradicts everything we've been force fed by The Last effectively if Naruto still calls Sakura "Sakura-chan".

#48314 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

No kidding, and it also contradicts everything we've been force fed by The Last effectively if Naruto still calls Sakura "Sakura-chan".

To me, Sakura-chan is the worst, most painful part of the whole ending kitten. It is actually worse to think about than any of the scenes I talked about in the thread. Because he called her that because she was special to him. It's so simple and obvious. There is no other interpretation considering he never uses honorifics given the casual personality that he has. It isn't rocket science. It hurts to think about all the times he called her that and what it probably meant to him to do so.

More than anything else, it's a bitter pill to swallow. And they make it worse by having him CONTINUE to use it. Just have him stop. Show some mercy.

#48315 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

To me, Sakura-chan is the worst, most painful part of the whole ending kitten. It is actually worse to think about than any of the scenes I talked about in the thread. Because he called her that because she was special to him. It's so simple and obvious. There is no other interpretation considering he never uses honorifics given the casual personality that he has. It isn't rocket science. It hurts to think about all the times he called her that and what it probably meant to him to do so.

More than anything else, it's a bitter pill to swallow. And they make it worse by having him CONTINUE to use it. Just have him stop. Show some mercy.

But in Japan, I thought it was more intimate when people drop the honorifics. It sounds like they are using them wrong if he only uses "chan" for Sakura.

#48316 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

But in Japan, I thought it was more intimate when people drop the honorifics. It sounds like they are using them wrong if he only uses "chan" for Sakura.

It's really not that simple. Like when she first meets Naruto she calls him just Naruto out of disrespect. But it turns into the definition you are using.

But Sakura-chan is more intimate, well affectionate, than Sakura-san. And for Naruto, someone who doesn't use -san at all, then -chan would be, not necessarily more intimate, but it denotes a special status for her.

If he called other girls -chan it would be a downgrade from just saying Sakura, for sure. But it's different because of the kind of person he is.

Edited by DrK, 24 February 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#48317 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

I would argue that it is not the fact that Naruto calls Sakura Sakura-chan that makes their relationship meaningful. It is how thoughtful considerate and protective he is of her and her feelings, and vice versa. And YET the Hinata fantatic pedo clowns at Studio Pierrot did not think this tender and relate-able relationship would sell internationally. they WANTED to sell NH to all emotionally/sociallly stunted otakus and shut ins because THEY ARE emotionally/socially stunted otakus and shut ins :hm: I also blame Shueisha heavily for this bias towards the big kittened, blind looking moe. THEY are a professional company that should not let bias take over actual advice on how to make their publications better. :superior: 

Hinata is appealing because she loves Naruto without him having to do anything. Just loves him unconditionally from afar without even talking to him. They all want their own Hinata who will love them submissively without them having to do kitten.

With Sakura, she started to like him in that way because of everything they went through. Apparently, this is not the least bit relatable. Friendship has no value and we shouldn't act like it does. You get with a girl by just being yourself while they never talk to you. They fall in love with you because of this amorphous idea of who you are and eventually tell you about it, whereupon you accept her feelings, because you're thirsty as hell you realize that she was who you wanted to be with all along and you never knew.

You can see why Hinata won because this is obviously how people are in real life. It was totally realistic.

I KNOW, RIGHT? :zaru: .................................... :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: No.  (I know that you don't mean it, I was directing that to those that actually think seriously and without Irony)

It can mean that but it can also mean you are being a disrespectful brat which IS in fact the context when Naruto did not use honorifics at the beginning. In Japan it is more assumed you are being disrespectful when you don't use honorifics, unless it is your social circle that KNOWS you are extremely close with the person you are addressing

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 March 2018 - 12:54 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#48318 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

OMG they really think that James?

Yes, they do. Where do you think I got the picture from?

Yeah exactly I'm not talking about who got together with who first in the narrative anyway. I'm talking about intent. ALL Hinata loving authorities on the franchise either want their  big titty princess to be banged by their self insert "Naruto", Or they felt she "deserves"the man candy she has been lusting after so long because she is a weak willed and meek moe that will never "fight" for what she wants so they have to hand it to her. All evidence and self contradicting interviews points to that

The narrative took the trunk, not even the backseat. The fact that the plot stopped and centers around Hinata should be proof. Yes, in fictional stories you can do whatever you want, but there is such a thing as stretching too much of the imagination.

Like, what if I written a story where all of a sudden Naruto decided to stop being Hokage and started to be a Ramen noddle shop owner stating he wanted to make the best noodles in the world. He leaves his family to go on this quest to bring the best noodles anyone has ever seen. During this trip, he comes across a talking tree that tells him the secret of make great noodles by going into this cloud made of cotten candy. In the cloud he meets a guy that looks like a cross between Rosie O'Donnell and Conan O'Brian and his name is O'babies. O'babies shows him how lightning can be harnessed to cook the water to the perfect boiling temperature and that is how you make the perfect noodles.

Wouldn't that make a great story?

Another thing is, remember that Naruto the Last was not about Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. The entire plot was about Hinata, Hinata's family, and Hinata's scarf. Nothing about Naruto was truly a focus in the movie. If anything HE second fiddle and Hinata was the main character. Which is why alot of people called Naruto the Last a shojo because it focused all on the girl and her desires.

Imagine watching say Love Hina which the story mostly centered around Keitaro and Narusegawa. Well, imagine if all of a sudden they made a movie called "Last Hina" and the story centered around Shinobu instead and she ended up being with Keitaro. (Shinobu is like a precurser to Hinata, but she actually had depth and reason. Short haired, black hair, shy girl who falls in love with the main character almost instantly because she gives him confidence.) The difference between Shinobu and Hinata was that Keitaro was much older and she was underage and Shinobu actually grows throughout the story into a respectable person. She can even cook.

Despite Keitaro and Narusegawa loving each other, making out, him giving her a ring, and so much other stuff....Shinobu still got Keitaro in the end....how would this make you feel?

I will and always will feel bad for Naruto the most. He got the kittentiest end of the stick.

1. Didn't get the girl he loves.

3. Fought hard for all of his dreams just to have every last one of them ripped from him in a terrible fashion.

Loves Sakura-Chan? Lost her to Sasuke.

Wants to be Hokage? Couldn't even make it to his own inauguration.

World Peace? He didn't even do it, the war did.

Never gives up? Gave up on almost everything, not to mention became a hypocrite and a liar.

I want all of this to be a dream so Naruto can get the ending he deserves. I don't care about Sasuke nor Hinata. Naruto deserves his happy ending and so does Sakura-Chan.

Don't forget: Wants to bring Sasuke back to the village? Sasuke chooses to permanitly be a wanderer to the point that even Naruto says "Would it kill you to go home every once and a while?"

Not only did he do all of this, but Kishimoto killed Naruto's parents, blew off his arm, and gave him mountains of paperwork to do for the rest of his life. He later gets impailed on Sasuke's sword and so much more. Is that the happy ending we all deserved? Maybe we did. The fandom cared more about pairings than anything else, so maybe we did deserve this. Naruto didn't deserve a happy ending and anyone who does believe Naruto has a happy ending is really lying to themselves.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 24 February 2018 - 07:27 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48319 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

"Chan" is a different honorific than san/kun as it isn't formal. You use it for a person you find qute or endearing. But I think this is individual opinion. Kenshin says Kaoru-dono, so his author thinks that is adorable for a couple. I've also heard some japanese locals say their parents talk to eachother formally because that's what they did when they met, so it's like they're falling in love all over again.

But in Naruto, the honorifics san/kun are pointed out to not be between close people. Sai reads this in a book and the only reason Kishi included it was to reveal his stance on the topic. Coincidentally Hinata and Sakura says Sasuke-kun and Naruto-kun! XD

Edited by sushi., 24 February 2018 - 08:51 PM.

ナルサク

#48320 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

"Chan" is a different honorific than san/kun as it isn't formal. You use it for a person you find qute or endearing. But I think this is individual opinion. Kenshin says Kaoru-dono, so his author thinks that is adorable for a couple. I've also heard some japanese locals say their parents talk to eachother formally because that's what they did when they met, so it's like they're falling in love all over again.

But in Naruto, the honorifics san/kun are pointed out to not be between close people. Sai reads this in a book and the only reason Kishi included it was to reveal his stance on the topic. Coincidentally Hinata and Sakura says Sasuke-kun and Naruto-kun! XD

I think any honorific has a distancing effect no matter what. And this would apply to Naruto too. But the way that he doesn't use them with anyone else's name. Well, he respects his senseis by calling them as such, but he never uses them with equals except in the case of Sakura. So there was a significant emotional attachment that provoked this use of a cutesy title for one person. That's the way I read it anyway, and that's what I think was intended.

The Sasky Kun and Nardo Kun kitten also indicates an emotional attachment, but it's obviously not as significant, since they are both polite characters (generally) and use honorifics.

Edited by DrK, 24 February 2018 - 09:40 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users