3357 replies to this topic

#2801 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Souma went all Luffy falling asleep during storytime. I'll be honest I still fail to understand Azami's motivation, as it isn't like Jouchirou left on bad terms, unless it really is as simple as not having a system with elites who have unprecedented pressure put on them.

I wasn't really expecting to see Souma's mother, as that would go against SWJ's policy of telling a backstory in multiple parts, however I was surprised that Erina's mother wasn't shown, I would have thought she'd be a student at the same time, maybe slightly younger maybe slightly older, even if we didn't get the backstory of how Azami duped her, I thought we'd see an introduction.

I hope that we will get a separate flashback to Azami's past. I'm interested to see how serious his relationship with his wife was and if her death (just assuming) is partially responsible for his personality now. It's hard to see how Sazaemon would have let his daughter marry someone like Azami tbh (he was already a creep back then).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2802 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

I hope that we will get a separate flashback to Azami's past. I'm interested to see how serious his relationship with his wife was and if her death (just assuming) is partially responsible for his personality now. It's hard to see how Sazaemon would have let his daughter marry someone like Azami tbh (he was already a creep back then).

I just hope they don't end up white knighting him like so many SWJ manga's tend to do. The way some characters past actions are forgiven and forgotten are treated like heroes just pisses me off.

iAnby7W.gif

#2803 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hmm the story so far indicates that no-one will do that, but since this IS WSJ and given the track record I'm not not totally convinced and will remain skeptical. But yes Azami should NOT be put on a pedestal for being a selfish snob :down:

Souma went all Luffy falling asleep during storytime. I'll be honest I still fail to understand Azami's motivation, as it isn't like Jouchirou left on bad terms, unless it really is as simple as not having a system with elites who have unprecedented pressure put on them.

I wasn't really expecting to see Souma's mother, as that would go against SWJ's policy of telling a backstory in multiple parts, however I was surprised that Erina's mother wasn't shown, I would have thought she'd be a student at the same time, maybe slightly younger maybe slightly older, even if we didn't get the backstory of how Azami duped her, I thought we'd see an introduction.

It's not hard to understand. truth be told. It is just stupid.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 January 2017 - 08:48 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2804 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

Hmm the story so far indicates that no-one will do that, but since this IS WSJ and given the track record I'm not not totally convinced and will remain skeptical. But yes Azami should NOT be put on a pedestal for being a selfish snob :down:

It's not hard to understand. truth be told. It is just stupid.

So Azami really is using a bulldozer to hammer a nail in a wall?

iAnby7W.gif

#2805 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

YUP. If you want a better explanation, I's probably not gonna happen. No matter what you reason out in your head it sounds stupid all the same no? Honestly this might have been a better story if Azami wasn't painted out to be a mindless Jouichirou fanboy :ermm:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 January 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#2806 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

So they started up their team matches as expected Father and son with future daughter in law vs everyone else. Erina's Grandfather know she has serious self esteem issue both with her and souma father. One is fear. The other is idolization. Both of which are crippling her in their own way. So her grandfather teamed her up with Saiba and souma probably to help work through one of those. So he gave them a very complicated dish to work on, and a rule that they can't talk.

After a bit of observation Gin's team was able to work together. While in theory since Souma and Saiba should be used to working together. One must remember that their relationship involves cooking competitions. So while they were able to get in sync, they butted head almost immediately.

#2807 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

I laughed so hard over that last page, lmfao. Of course father and son lack teamwork: Their entire relatioship is based on (one-sided) rivalry.

Poor Erina.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2808 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

So they started up their team matches as expected Father and son with future daughter in law vs everyone else. Erina's Grandfather know she has serious self esteem issue both with her and souma father. One is fear. The other is idolization. Both of which are crippling her in their own way. So her grandfather teamed her up with Saiba and souma probably to help work through one of those. So he gave them a very complicated dish to work on, and a rule that they can't talk.

After a bit of observation Gin's team was able to work together. While in theory since Souma and Saiba should be used to working together. One must remember that their relationship involves cooking competitions. So while they were able to get in sync, they butted head almost immediately.

Yeah it's not unreasonable since they are both such egomaniacs. :lol:  Maybe Erina is gonna have to break them up, since it will be regular practice in the future. :hehehe:  :lulz:

But Yes I think that Erina is gonna need a better grasp on who Saiba-Yukihira Jouichirou is, lest she falls in the same trap as Azami and only view him as an idol for her cooking

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 January 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#2809 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

Felt like it was mainly Megumi's chapter, her panic mode is cute, makes you want to tease her more.

Team Saiba, such a accurate description, Erina needs to get her act together, her  future is going to consist of plenty of days like this stuck between her husband and father-in-law having one of their rival matches.

So do you guys think it will be 50 time lucky for Souma? or will Jouchirou pass the half century mark of straight defeats.

iAnby7W.gif

#2810 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

Felt like it was mainly Megumi's chapter, her panic mode is cute, makes you want to tease her more.

Team Saiba, such a accurate description, Erina needs to get her act together, her  future is going to consist of plenty of days like this stuck between her husband and father-in-law having one of their rival matches.

So do you guys think it will be 50 time lucky for Souma? or will Jouchirou pass the half century mark of straight defeats.

Souma will defeat Saiba at the 500th match with Erina as the judge.

Yes, it was a chapter for Megumi to show how much she has improve that she can now keep up with her teammates. The next few chapter will probably focus on Erina or people observing the teams.

It will either be this match or the next match after some self reflection and realization with some determination, where she will realize what role she will be playing for the rest of her life.

#2811 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

With some good writing, yes

#2812 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:55 AM

Well, it didn't turn out how I expected but At least Sorina, the soon to be "Alpha chef couple" (that is my title for them, when they marry lol) are starting to get their gears in order. Wonder if Mekumi will develop out of this too :hehehe:  but anyway the point is Soma and Erina are at least getting their act together now.

though

#2813 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Well, it didn't turn out how I expected but At least Sorina, the soon to be "Alpha chef couple" (that is my title for them, when they marry lol) are starting to get their gears in order. Wonder if Mekumi will develop out of this too :hehehe:  but anyway the point is Soma and Erina are at least getting their act together now.

though

I wouldn't read too much to it, it's probably related to the whole stripping phenomenon, feeling the heat of his intensity  or something.

It was a decent chapter, good to see the old Erina back who gets riled up by Souma, not a big fan when women become docile once they start to change their opinion of the MC, still want to see the spark that made them who they are. Ofcourse it was good to see Takumi's resolve after his previous defeat being addressed,

We have the potential of the greatest cooking partnership of all time or the biggest disaster, not gonna lie part of me does want to see the humourous failure of the two, though I think the interaction this chapter was to get that out of the way.

iAnby7W.gif

#2814 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Hmm Yeah, I think if Soma and Erina lose it would make more sense because they are both pretty prideful so, it would for sure teach them the value of teamwork because that is the point of the "Regiment de Cuisine". It is a team battle BECAUSE they can't become better chefs than the elite 10 in the span of a week or so. anyway it is pefectly fine either way for me in the outcome though granted if Team Doujima loses it would render Takumi's CD kind of pointless and would be the elite 10 situation all over again where the technically "superior chefs" win. But anyway let's see where it's heading.

That aside I think alot of us were waiting to see Erina be "Wifey" lol by snapping at Soma and Jouichirou to stop fighting, though as you say, at least her getting mad at Soma at least shows she is not submissive to him :hehehe: and that's good because you're right. Just because a heroine changes her views on the MC (or falls in love with him) doesn't mean she should be meek and and lose her grit around him if she has a tough attitude to begin with

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 February 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#2815 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Is it just me  ?? No matter how many times i look i see ZERO resemblance or similarities between Azami and Erina, are they really father and daughter ??

And that last page somehow give me that vibe .... the end pairing will be Souma x Erina and Aldini x Tadokoro ...

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2816 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

I'd say Erina is lucky in that regard then, that she doesn't resemble that piece of kitten :fu: Must fully take after her mom :yes:

On a more serious note, Yes, yes I think so too. Regarding the pairings,the way Soma smiles smiles at Erina when she started to work out what to do this chapter or in chapter 173 where the first started the exams seem to count for something. Those are gentle smiles that look like "don't worry" or "atta girl" if you ask me :happy: Probably not exclusive to Erina but the meaning is still there

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 February 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#2817 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:15 PM

Is it just me  ?? No matter how many times i look i see ZERO resemblance or similarities between Azami and Erina, are they really father and daughter ??

And that last page somehow give me that vibe .... the end pairing will be Souma x Erina and Aldini x Tadokoro ...

Well it's not exactly surprising, daughters looking just like their monthers and sons like fathers is a common theme in Manga, (Though we can assume that Erina's mother inherited her fathers lion type mane of hair...though would be hilarious if she got the eyebrows as well.)

I'm still surprised that you could tell Erina and Alice were cousins despite Alice being a carbon copy of her mother, who married into the family.

I wouldn't mind those final pairing but who's to say that they'll be paired  with characters introduced in the manga,  you can make an argument for Erina and Souma as their building relationship is part of the manga, but if you look at the older generation, they seem to be paired with characters not met during their school years, only Azami fits that model and for him it sounds like it was a planned scheme. We know Aldini will return to Italy after school, and Megumi , well her characters constantly growing so i'm not sure what she'll do after school, she looks like she'd run one of them onsen resorts, with traditional Japanese cooking and service.

iAnby7W.gif

#2818 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

Hmm, that is true all things considered so I wouldn't count on Takumi X Megumi too much but it's possible :hehehe:

#2819 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

https://forums.anime...postcount=14128

Popularity Poll Results:

1) Erina (3350 votes)
2) Hisako (3081)
3) Alice (3042)
4) Soma (2795)
5)Megumi (1862)
6) Shinomiya (1669)
7) Rindou (1353)
8) Takumi (1207)
9) Nikumi (743)