295 replies to this topic

#21 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ah. Well The anime's ending you would QUITE agree with. :cool: Both of them since there are 2 seasons worth. The manga is still ongoing with no conclusion yet determined but I always read the new chapter cause it is amazing. Well It's a bit more light hearted than the anime at times but trust me the dark content is very fun to read. Anyways just got excited about it. It's Great that you know about Awesome series, and I'll shut up now in order get back to PH so I can let you know about my thoughts once I've grasped everything lol. 

I have it added to my list of things to check out. Not sure if I'll read it or watch it yet... eh, I have time to decide. :lol:

@zacrathedemon5: for the spoiler tag its like this [ spoiler = your title ] and then [ / spoiler]

new chapter chinese raw : http://www.ismanga.c...ndora-hearts-87

rufus barma is totally like uzumaki naruto, full of lolz.

and vincent is so :ohmy: loyal.. to his brother and master.

pm me if u want me to translate / explain any page, but i dont understand certain words as well lolz.

Thank you for the spoiler help! I'll be utilizing that on here once the chapter is translated.

Speaking of that, also thanks for posting the raws and for the offer. However, I think I'll just wait until the translation itself is released so I can get the full experience all at once. Should be in a few days, I'd think. Hopefully. :sweat:

Barma like Naruto? Interesting... I can't really see it. He has some moments here and there, but nothing really Naruto-like. Aside from his flashback scene with Sheryl. :lol: But even that scene wasn't really Naruto-ish. Barma's mainly a tactician. who's kept his motivations to himself for most of the series and pulled strings in the background. He honestly feels like he'd fit right in with Varys and Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.

I love this manga, it was actually the second manga I ever read after Naruto. I really feel like I need to re-read it all from the beginning though, refresh my mind on everything that happened so far. I can't decide which would be my favorite character, if I had to choose just one though, it'd probably be Break, by the way, I love your avatar Zac.

Yeah, rereading helps with this series particularly. There are some things I'm still either waiting for to be addressed, or need to reread for them to make sense. I bought the official translations of the first 4 manga volumes, so that helped a bit. Now I just need to buy more (whenever I'll be able to).

And thank you! :D I'm glad I came across it.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 26 September 2013 - 05:34 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#22 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thank you for the spoiler help! I'll be utilizing that on here once the chapter is translated.

Speaking of that, also thanks for posting the raws and for the offer. However, I think I'll just wait until the translation itself is released so I can get the full experience all at once. Should be in a few days, I'd think. Hopefully. :sweat:

Barma like Naruto? Interesting... I can't really see it. He has some moments here and there, but nothing really Naruto-like. Aside from his flashback scene with Sheryl. :lol: But even that scene wasn't really Naruto-ish. Barma's mainly a tactician. who's kept his motivations to himself for most of the series and pulled strings in the background. He honestly feels like he'd fit right in with Varys and Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.

haha ok :happy:  its a serious yet fun chapter, and his fixation with sheryl is just like naruto with sakura, thats why i mention him haha.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#23 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

When is the next chapter supposed to be out? It seems like it has been taking quite a while, or am I just impatient?

#24 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

^not quite sure.. sometimes one month, sometimes two, sometimes three. and u meant chapter 88 right?

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#25 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

^not quite sure.. sometimes one month, sometimes two, sometimes three. and u meant chapter 88 right?

Yes, I believe so.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 20 October 2013 - 12:37 AM.

#26 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

The raws are out by now, we're just waiting for the translation. I'm thinking it should be out within the next 10 days or so.

AboojTi.gif

#27 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

The raws are out by now, we're just waiting for the translation. I'm thinking it should be out within the next 10 days or so.

Oh good!  :dance:

#28 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Chapter 89 is out!

http://www.mangahere...earts/v20/c089/

So...

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 27 November 2013 - 04:29 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

Spoiler

#30 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

chap89

One thing I just noticed is Jack and Obito are alike in so many ways, yet I love one and dislike the other. :umm: maybe it's because of different ways of storytelling..

Edited by Hanabi, 28 November 2013 - 12:38 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#31 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

^ I never really thought of Obito and Jack as being similar, but I guess they kind of are, but Jack is far better written.

#32 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

^ I never really thought of Obito and Jack as being similar, but I guess they kind of are, but Jack is far better written.

Pretty much this. Jack is one of the most fascinating characters I've come across, while Tobi is pretty "eh" at this point. Obito was good when he represented the ultimate denial, but now that that isn't the case anymore, he's boring. What made him special is gone. That isn't the case with Jack.

Retrace 65 also severely helps Jack's case... My mind will never truly recover from that chapter.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 28 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#33 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

^ I was actually excited at the prospect of Obito being Tobi, but Kishi's handling of it has been subpar, all Obito's really proven himself to be is a coward and not a particularly sympathetic character, in my opinion. Jack on the other hand, is so layered and complex and that makes him so fascinating, and the more that is revealed about him, the more drawn I am to the character.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 29 November 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#34 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

^ I was actually excited at the prospect of Obito being Tobi, but Kishi's handling of it has been subpar, all Obito's really proven himself to be is a coward and not a particularly sympathetic character, in my opinion. Jack on the other hand, is so layered and complex and that makes him so fascinating, and the more that is revealed about him, the more drawn I am to the character.

Obito never needed to be sympathetic to be a good character. He was a pretty good character when he was in that pit of self denial that no one could drag him out of; he was a glimmer of hope in the "meh"ness that Naruto has turned into. Now, he's been redeemed to further support the "Naruto can change anybody" theme that has been pounded into our heads over and over and over and over and over and over and over... That wrecked his character.

Jack is definitely more layered/complex than Obito, and that for sure feeds into his quality. Even if Obito had maintained his self denial until the very end, he would not be nearly as good a character as Jack is. However, in comparison: if Jack is redeemed somehow (and redeemed well), it won't be destructive to his character because, unlike in the Naruto series, it won't be contributing to an obvious theme that has been established repeatedly already that doesn't need ANY more support.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 30 November 2013 - 02:29 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#35 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Obito never needed to be sympathetic to be a good character. He was a pretty good character when he was in that pit of self denial that no one could drag him out of; he was a glimmer of hope in the "meh"ness that Naruto has turned into. Now, he's been redeemed to further support the "Naruto can change anybody" theme that has been pounded into our heads over and over and over and over and over and over and over... That wrecked his character.

Jack is definitely more layered/complex than Obito, and that for sure feeds into his quality. Even if Obito had maintained his self denial until the very end, he would not be nearly as good a character as Jack is. However, in comparison: if Jack is redeemed somehow (and redeemed well), it won't be destructive to his character because, unlike in the Naruto series, it won't be contributing to an obvious theme that has been established repeatedly already that doesn't need ANY more support.

I agree that Obito did not need to be sympathetic to be a good character, I don't find Kabuto sympathetic for example, but I think he was an interesting character and a good villain - I'm still a bit upset at how he was defeated. -_- But the problem with Kishi's handling of Obito, for me, is that it seemed as though he was trying to force sympathy on the audience which was just not necessary. It felt like a "you must feel sorry for Obito", kind of thing and it made me more unreceptive to the character. I don't like it when I feel as if  a writer is trying to tell me how I'm supposed to feel about a character. And I'm so with you about the  'Naruto can change anyone' theme, it's getting really old and it's putting a damper on my enjoyment of the series.

And the second paragraph, I agree completely.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 30 November 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#36 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

I agree that Obito did not need to be sympathetic to be a good character, I don't find Kabuto sympathetic for example, but I think he was an interesting character and a good villain - I'm still a bit upset at how he was defeated. -_- But the problem with Kishi's handling of Obito, for me, is that it seemed as though he was trying to force sympathy on the audience which was just not necessary. It felt like a "you must feel sorry for Obito", kind of thing and it made me more unreceptive to the character. I don't like it when I feel as if  a writer is trying to tell me how I'm supposed to feel about a character. And I'm so with you about the  'Naruto can change anyone' theme, it's getting really old and it's putting a damper on my enjoyment of the series.

And the second paragraph, I agree completely.

Hm... any examples of how you feel like Kishimoto was forcing the audience to sympathize with Obito? I can see more "forcing" in Kabuto's case, to be honest. The childhood trauma, drawing him so cutely as a kid and then as nothing but a victim as he grew older (before joining Orochimaru). Whereas Obito... well...

If that isn't arguably the most menacing thing in the entire Naruto series, I don't know what is.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 02 December 2013 - 04:18 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#37 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hm... any examples of how you feel like Kishimoto was forcing the audience to sympathize with Obito? I can see more "forcing" in Kabuto's case, to be honest. The childhood trauma, drawing him so cutely as a kid and then as nothing but a victim as he grew older (before joining Orochimaru). Whereas Obito... well...

If that isn't arguably the most menacing thing in the entire Naruto series, I don't know what is.

Yeah that scene was intense.

Spoiler

These are the kinds of scenes I was referring to. The flashbacks showing Obito regretting the life he didn't get to have, that to me, are a deliberate attempt on Kishimoto's part to bring sympathy to the character, but it just didn't work for me.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 03 December 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#38 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yeah that scene was intense.

Spoiler

These are the kinds of scenes I was referring to. The flashbacks showing Obito regretting the life he didn't get to have, that to me, are a deliberate attempt on Kishimoto's part to bring sympathy to the character, but I just didn't work for me.

Ahhh, I see what you mean now.

AboojTi.gif

#39 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

So I heard PH is going on hiatus... anyone else hear this?

AboojTi.gif

#40 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

So I heard PH is going on hiatus... anyone else hear this?

No I hadn't. Does anyone know if this is true? :umm:

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 17 December 2013 - 06:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users