63 replies to this topic

#41 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

Episode 1 was awesome, tough I wish they could had used the same animation of death note anime, it would look even better. The hero legend intro made me WTF for a second, but it was just a joke in the end. I hope they follow the manga plot till the very end or this might end just like to love ru. And one more thing, do we really need another topic just to discuss the anime? The other topic didn't needed that. headscratch.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#42 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Oct 3 2010, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episode 1 was awesome, tough I wish they could had used the same animation of death note anime, it would look even better. The hero legend intro made me WTF for a second, but it was just a joke in the end. I hope they follow the manga plot till the very end or this might end just like to love ru. And one more thing, do we really need another topic just to discuss the anime? The other topic didn't needed that. headscratch.gif

I agree with the beggining XD for a second I thought it was one of those videos that a**holes post as a joke, but then I remembered the uncle's anime. I thought the quality was really good, compared to others and I agree that it would be even better with the death note anime.
And I also agree with the last part, I posted a link of the anime here because there's no need for another topic, but may want to chance the title to just "Bakuman" and the legend to "discussion of manga and anime"

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Oct 3 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the beggining XD for a second I thought it was one of those videos that a**holes post as a joke, but then I remembered the uncle's anime. I thought the quality was really good, compared to others and I agree that it would be even better with the death note anime.
And I also agree with the last part, I posted a link of the anime here because there's no need for another topic, but may want to chance the title to just "Bakuman" and the legend to "discussion of manga and anime"

Oh yeah, you right, I'm gonna change that now sweatdrop.gif

#44 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

The anime for Bakuman was the one I was waiting for the most in the fall...The animation quality really left some after-thoughts but the episode itself was ok(knowing what would happen, of course)
The thing I liked the most from the episode however was the OP, which made me an instant kill laugh.gif
I really like how the voice actors were chosen, because as far as it goes from the first episode, they really fit into their characters.
I am bit disappointed overall for the season because it will be quite short(24 episodes for a lengthy manga aren't quite enough). It seems that the anime might not catch the PCP ark in the manga, unless they are already prepared for a second season or will skip 10's of chapters from the manga...thinking about the latter, leaves a bitter taste however...
Overall, the season gets a generic 9/10 for now XD

Edited by untold62, 03 October 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#45 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (untold62 @ Oct 3 2010, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The anime for Bakuman was the one I was waiting for the most in the fall...The animation quality really left some after-thoughts but the episode itself was ok(knowing what would happen, of course)
The thing I liked the most from the episode however was the OP, which made me an instant kill laugh.gif
I really like how the voice actors were chosen, because as far as it goes from the first episode, they really fit into their characters.
I am bit disappointed overall for the season because it will be quite short(24 episodes for a lengthy manga aren't quite enough). It seems that the anime might not catch the PCP ark in the manga, unless they are already prepared for a second season or will skip 10's of chapters from the manga...thinking about the latter, leaves a bitter taste however...
Overall, the season gets a generic 9/10 for now XD

It's possible this could continue to a second season, I don't think Fairy Tail was originally announced as a ongoing anime but it's now been announced to continue on a second year. Same could happen with Bakuman if it's popular enough. They are probably already thinking of the second season, afterall this is from the creaters of Death Note, though if it will contnue straight after the original run or go for a break I don't know.

I'm still not 100% sure about the choice of voice actors but I definitely enjoyed the opening episode, specially as it appears to have stayed close to the manga, the fake opening was brilliant, thought it was the fake originally but then I saw the superhero costume and remembered the uncle's anime, I like the animation too, they appear to have stayed true to the original manga,

iAnby7W.gif

#46 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

chapter 104 out: http://www.somemanga...ga/Bakuman/104/

The main point of the chapter was Shiratori. I really hope he succeed in being an mangaka. I really hate parents like the ones of Shiratori, a bunch of pretencious people that think they can do whatever they want because they are rich, and have no respect for the desires of their son, I fell like punching someone right now. And I loved the psycho driver at the end, the guy was super funny with his comments.

#47 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

Chapter 105 is out: http://somemanga.com...ga/Bakuman/105/

I can't wait to see Shirattori Mother swallow her pride after he gets famous, that cocky woman deserve some punishment rawr.gif

#48 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Chapter 107 out!!! http://somemangas.co...ga/Bakuman/107/

Lmao, never tought that everything would end like this: Everybody will become romancists. Maybe shonen jump will change to shoujo jump? fu.png 111189.gif

#49 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

OMG!!! this is Freakin' epic!!! I wonder if Kishi might get referenced?? Hell, I won't be surprised if there might be some NS references as well. I also hope if they want some references, they should read Seo Kouji's works. if there's a male mangaka that you should ask about romance stories, it's him. And you know what?? maybe, maybe just maybe this is a little foreshadowing of behind the scenes at RL Jump. I'm thinking it's a sign that the Big 3 is actually thinking of getting serious in romance and pairings. (Bleach and OP, and some closure on NS)

Edited by Newkerz, 29 October 2010 - 05:03 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#50 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

It's been an few weaks since the last update, but here you are: http://somemangas.co...ga/Bakuman/112/

The begening of the chapter was simplily hilarious, mashiro and takagi entering in an fist fight and Mioshi misuderstanding the situation made the scene just perfect. For the rest of the chapter, it was an build up of the autors making their oneshots and progressions, but the ending was unexpected, if Eiji fails at the oneshot, than maybe he is not that much of an genious that we tought

#51 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

Gasp, that was an unexpected chapter, I don't know how to feel about this new couple
http://mangahead.com...14-English-Scan

Who I am fooling? First I got all hyped with the idea of Aoki with Takagi, and than it was ruined when he choosed Mioshi, and then, when I was starting to take a liking to Fukuda with Aoki, BANG! I take a shot in the face a second time, why Obata, why???? arg.gif

Edited by alexander, 17 December 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#52 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 17 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gasp, that was an unexpected chapter, I don't know how to feel about this new couple
http://mangahead.com...14-English-Scan

Who I am fooling? First I got all hyped with the idea of Aoki with Takagi, and than it was ruined when he choosed Mioshi, and then, when I was starting to take a liking to Fukuda with Aoki, BANG! I take a shot in the face a second time, why Obata, why???? arg.gif

Eh, I thought it was cute. XD It does give Hiramaru a solid reason to keep working (unless Aoki dumps him at some point in the future), and it'll give him a power-up. Aoki does seem to like his awkward romance as well, and it was nice to see her happy.

Really enjoyable chapter, I thought it was funny how Yoshida even placed a tracker on Hiramaru's Porsche, and then we found out Fukuda was driving it. XD

#53 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

^Meh, but it was still a filler...

#54 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Chapter 116 out! http://somemangas.co...ga/Bakuman/116/

Holy kitten! --Click here to view--
Damn, I want this inside story to be published for real, and I would buy it. But the fact that the main protagonist died at the end turned me off a little.

#55 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

newest chapter out: http://mangahead.com...24-English-Scan

Lmao, villains don't last in this series.

#56 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say, or in this case too many cooks don't fit in the bloody kitchen.

iAnby7W.gif

#57 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Chapter 126 out: http://mangahead.com...26-English-Scan

This is MADNESS!!!!!

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

This isn't Madness This is SPARTA!!!!!!!!! Sorry always wanted to say that...lol

I'm still amazed to this day how Bakuman can draw you, it's probably one of the best battle manga's i've read and yet there are no actual battles, it's a battle of the minds, and determination, which is basically what all battle manga's are anyway....great stuff.

iAnby7W.gif

#59 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

Oh Yeah I love Bakuman! Its definitely in my top five! After Naruto and FullMetal Alchemist of course tongue.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#60 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

I know we don't have an update since last year, but this is the link to the final chapter:

http://www.mangaread...t/bakuman/176/2

Is such an nice ending, nothing else to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users