22 replies to this topic

#1 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

How far do you have to fall until you understand you are freaking DEAD Sonic?!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

What the hell? Medieval Fantasy Sonic? The apple has fallen VERY far from the tree.

Graphics looks nice though.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 18 January 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#3 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Trying to get every last dollar out of the Sonic series, eh?

Edited by Zatren6, 18 January 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#4 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME <3

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I've never really liked Sonic games. Too fast-paced for me. Maybe I'll like the sword stuff but...
. Don't Press the red button

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:36 AM

Uh...

Most of you don't realize that this is the second installment of Sega's attempt of "Sonic in Storybook/Mythological Land" series (Secret Rings anyone?) They said Knuckles and Shadow are playable as well...

How far do you have to fall until you understand you are freaking DEAD Sonic?!

Try telling that to Sonic Team. :rolleyes:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

SONIC'S A MONEY-COW!

that said-- happy cows come in 16-bit games, Sega :teehee:

either way! I'm just glad the guys who sang for Pokemon found work 8D

#7 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jan 19 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
either way! I'm just glad the guys who sang for Pokemon found work 8D

Crush 40? They've never done anything but Sonic games.

Anyway, this is going to be much better than Secret Rings, for the fact that it isn't on-rails.

#8 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Yeah. OH MY DEAR GOD. Will they stop trying to DESTROY sonic.

Can we not just make a NEW game that is completely 2D and done in Cell Shadding? Without any stupid-ass characters, swords, guns, and sh*tty storylines?

DAMNIT, I thought Sega had enough trouble with money...this is just gunna sink 'em further.

#9 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

Give it up guys, the Sonic dream is dead.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#10 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

No more Sonic bashing, OK?

This thread is for discussing the game. Any future Sonic bashing posts will be deleted.

Thanks.

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

As a Sonic fan, I take that HIGHLY offense. So please no bashing.

Just because the games are bad, doesn't mean that Sonic isn't going away. Look at Mario, Crash and other platform mascots. It's about business in the industry. If the games makes you sick, read the comic books (which IS better!) Or ignore the series. Just plain as simple.

Damnit, Smiter beat me to it too XDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

#12 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

am I the only 1 thinking its a rip off of Devil May Cry?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jan 28 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
am I the only 1 thinking its a rip off of Devil May Cry?

I don't know. When I first saw it, I immediately thought of Sonic in Soul Calibur. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#14 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 31 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know. When I first saw it, I immediately thought of Sonic in Soul Calibur. tongue.gif

I guess it is... in a way...Then again, I'm more concerned about the gameplay. hopefully the sword action won't be as hard as I think it will be. I don't like pressing button when swinging the nunchuk around, it just ruin the gameplay for me.

Edited by BlackLightning, 07 February 2009 - 07:01 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#15 B1G 57UPH

B1G 57UPH

B1G 57UPH

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:naruto, video games (mainly first person shooters i have xbox live so if u have it send me an invite), no school, red vs. blue

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

they really should have learned that they shouldnt have any weapons after adventure 2 and especially after shadow the hog
i mean come on make like a sonic adventure 3 with no eggman and tails vehicle and ill play it but seriously

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

The comic book makes me physically ill. It hasn't been really good for a long, long time. I think it's time for a reboot there. Hell, they can just use the regular Sonic universe characters this time; the only reason the Archie characters even exist is because there weren't enough support characters to flesh out a comic book when it debuted.

The game series isn't going to reclaim it's glory until Sega sucks out the members of the current Sonic Team and inserts fresh blood. There's been evidence that the current team is wore down and word from developers that Sonic Team as it is doesn't even want to do Sonic games anymore; they're forced to do it. Right there is your major issue. Sega ceasing their endless bull**** as far as forcing games out to meet the holiday season would certainly help a lot too. That right there is why half the games have sucked for the longest time; we more or less find unfinished games hitting shelves. Sega may have gotten away with forcing games out the door in the 2D days, but this is not that era; new gen console games take a hell of a lot more time and work.

Aside from that, if they can figure out the basics of the series again the franchise can be saved. Sonic's in a massive rut right now, but like many things, all it's going to take is the right creative team and he'll be right back in the game. Just about nothing is unsalvagable.

Besides that, Sonic does see the occasional diamond in the rough nowadays. I quite enjoyed Sonic Chronicles. Of course, that was Bioware developed, which says it all, and something of an RPG, but still, it reinforces my point about the right creative team.

Actually, you know what? Sega needs to pull a Capcom. Make a new Sonic game, put some resources and talent behind it and set it for the online download services for the console. If the right care is put into the product, guaranteed it'd be good and a hit for that matter. Also, they won't have to pad it out, which is the only reason the Werehog sections in Unleashed existed, since it won't be a next gen sixty dollar game that players will need to feel they're getting their money's worth on.

Capcom's found success with this formula, as evidenced by Bionic Commanda Rearmed and Mega Man 9; I think Sega would do well to copy it.
bd5.jpg

#17 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 2 2009, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The comic book makes me physically ill. It hasn't been really good for a long, long time. I think it's time for a reboot there. Hell, they can just use the regular Sonic universe characters this time; the only reason the Archie characters even exist is because there weren't enough support characters to flesh out a comic book when it debuted.

The comic books today are actually better than the past 100 issues after # 50, started around 165. Many views of the fans in that category are positive so far. The stories right now have better action, plots, development (thank GOD!!!), and suspense instead of the out-of-the-blue, no pun intended, senseless and pointless stories, love triangles (I had enough of the Sonic to Sally or to Amy or to Mina... etc. love polygon), character revivals and hardly no development on certain Sega characters (Amy is a primary example) shown in previous issues before 165.

Soon after that, the sales went skyrocket becoming a bestseller, beating other Archie works, even outbeating the original Archie series, but still behind the digests. There is another separate series called Sonic Universe which focuses on other characters like Knuckles and Shadow (which led them to finish Sonic X comic books), old previous issues are selling in their Sonic Archives books, and now the team are currently working on an encyclopedia for the series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#18 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

Huh. I gave up on the series a long time ago. Sally pissed me off for the most part - they should have just killed her off like they wanted to in Endgame - and the whole thing went down the toilet. I liked Amy well enough, but most of the other Sonic love interests were just gag-me, the support characters worthless, Sonic was a kitten and I just gave up on the whole thing somewhere around the SA2 adaption. It was a mess.

I'll take your word for it. Not sure I'll go back though. I was horribly turned off by the time I dropped the whole thing. The old stuff's not as good as I remember it either (much of the early stuff is so groan inducingly cheeeeeeeeesy I could use the issues as fondue).

Edited by dl316bh, 02 March 2009 - 10:50 AM.

bd5.jpg

#19 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

I have to wonder, Sonic has razor sharp quills that are capable of destroying mechanized robots. Why does he need a sword?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#20 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 2 2009, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to wonder, Sonic has razor sharp quills that are capable of destroying mechanized robots. Why does he need a sword?

I asked the same question months ago. In the end, I decided it would be better for my mental health to just suspend disbelief. Otherwise, the inanity of giving a living weapon a sword would break by brain.

This is coming from someone who loves swords and would prefer they be used in just about anything.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users