Close
Photo

What could have been improved about sakuras confession?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

In your opinion what could have made sakuras confession not questionable?

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Easy... make her honest. Make her realize that Naruto is the man she thought Sasuke was. But will Naruto believe her?

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 27 September 2015 - 09:44 PM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

Kishimoto could of had her grab Naruto's shirt pull him in and kiss him. If he still said that "I hate people who lie to themselves" kitten line Sakura could of responded "I hate people who are blind to what's in front of them."

Honestly I wish that NS would have been used in order to have both of them become less slavish towards Kishimoto's God. AKA Sasuke.

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

think the only real thing could have been to make Sais explanation more clear. his lines could come off as some what ambigious about Sakuras true feelings and her true purpose.

All told i was satisfied with her confession, I do agree I think she couldve ksised him before leaving to really drive the point home, and make sure he udnerstood. But all told her confession to me was solid. It let us know her feelings, let us know why she had them, and made sure she was doing it for the right reasons.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

Well if both Naruto and Sakura weren't so kittening obsessed with Sasuke.

Sakura's confession towards Naruto was good right up until she decided to talk about Sasuke. And of course Naruto also started to talk about Sasuke.

Sakura gave legitimate reasons for loving Naruto but what actually sold the confession was the fact that she already showed her emotions way before the confession. Sakura's confession towards Naruto was 100% legit.

Again I mention this, this story would've been so amazing if Sasuke and Hinata weren't created at all.

Sasuke's existence ruined the story from chapters 3 to 698 while Hinata ruined what was left.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 September 2015 - 12:49 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#6 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:15 AM

Again I mention this, this story would've been so amazing if Sasuke and Hinata weren't created at all.
Sasuke's existence ruined the story from chapters 3 to 698 while Hinata ruined what was left.

A bit of stretch don't you think?

It's not like Hinata and Sasuke existence was the only thing that stopped this story from being amazing, sorry but thats just bias talking

The problems in this story run far more deep than just "it sucked because this character existed"

Edited by Nar123, 28 September 2015 - 01:15 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#7 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:25 AM

Well if both Naruto and Sakura weren't so kittening obsessed with Sasuke.

Sakura's confession towards Naruto was good right up until she decided to talk about Sasuke. And of course Naruto also started to talk about Sasuke.

Sakura gave legitimate reasons for loving Naruto but what actually sold the confession was the fact that she already showed her emotions way before the confession. Sakura's confession towards Naruto was 100% legit.

I don't know about that. I hate Sasuke and Hinata just about as much anyone could, but removing them from the story wouldn't fix the one major problem holding back this story.

Kishimoto is just a terrible writer.

#8 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:34 AM

A bit of stretch don't you think?

It's not like Hinata and Sasuke existence was the only thing that stopped this story from being amazing, sorry but thats just bias talking

The problems in this story run far more deep than just "it sucked because this character existed"

Stretched? Perhaps. But let's be honest here almost each character that got in contact with Sasuke somehow got ruined, and this is not me being biased. This is a fact. But it's also true that Sasuke and Hinata aren't the only two that ruined the story.

Many elements held the story from becoming great. And the greatest thing that was holding the story was of course the writer himself. His inability of properly developing characters without downgrading others, his inability to write women, his inability to stay on track, his inability to follow his original idea and his inability to stand up and say no. And so much more. Also it's not just the writer himself.

Edited by Nostradamus, 28 September 2015 - 01:38 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#9 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:03 AM

Was Sakura even being honest or just trying to prevent Naruto from pursuing Sauce?

Assuming the former, not sure what else. I doubt Kishi would have them kiss before the end. That would have sealed NS.

#10 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:15 AM

Was Sakura even being honest or just trying to prevent Naruto from pursuing Sauce?

Assuming the former, not sure what else. I doubt Kishi would have them kiss before the end. That would have sealed NS.

Well considering we haven't seen either couple actually kiss at all, we can't really seal anything. 

While I do think that Sakura was being honest in how she confessed to Naruto, at least to the extent that she did love him (either romantically or platonically) but she obviously went about it the wrong way. Neither Naruto nor Sakura went about the conversation, Sakura shouldn't have brought up Sasuke and Naruto's promise, and Naruto should have perhaps taken a step back and a moment to think about Sakura and the others' perspective. 

Question: What if Naruto and Sakura had been alone for that confession? Would things have gone differently?

#11 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

I don't have a serious problem with it. From a viewer standpoint, it sucks when it's ambiguous but from a writing standpoint that's the true way to go. You never reveal your hand until the finish. If I was in charge though, I would have added a bit of tears after she was rejected and maybe a bit more emotion. I personally would have added an important question from Naruto. "Why do you like him so much?" Cue Sakura mentioning how he complimented her forehead and Naruto questioning/dropping a hint as to who actually did it and leave it at that. At least it would give Sakura a reason for being obsessed with Sasuke(Though a damn weak one at that.)

Looking back that whole scene was messy as heck. It was the right move sure, but it could use some cleaning up.

Though if I was in charge of the story that would be a great moment for Sakura's development. Naruto could call her out on her "love" for him and Sasuke and then question whether she understands what love/romance is at all. It speaks to the juxtaposition of Naruto's patient selfless love for Sakura vs. Hinata and Sakura's hasty shotgun wedding selfish loves. And it would fit in with how Sakura seemed to be maturing. 

It could have been a good moment for NH too. That would have been the main opportunity for Naruto to perhaps realize that Sakura doesn't know what love is and that she is perhaps too messed up to entertain a relationship. Bc he had essentially thrown everything and the book at her. Crank up the Naruto and Hinata moments and her "patient support" and you have a plausible couple.

Edited by Shadow1275, 28 September 2015 - 05:14 AM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#12 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

Do it in the end of manga.

The one who should confess is naruto and he should do that in the end of manga.

Naruto love sakura is what make NS exist and sakura love naruto back is what make NS canon.

#13 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

Do it in the end of manga.

The one who should confess is naruto and he should do that in the end of manga.

Naruto love sakura is what make NS exist and sakura love naruto back is what make NS canon.

This would've been the best solution. Just do it at the end. Don't have Sakura confess in the middle of the story just have them both reveal how they feel at the end and boom the end. Problem solved.

No more stupid drama.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#14 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

By simply growing up.

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

What I think would have been great would have been to see Ino there and slap Naruto across the face saying "You really are stupid aren't you?" and then walk away mad at him.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

I don't know about that. I hate Sasuke and Hinata just about as much anyone could, but removing them from the story wouldn't fix the one major problem holding back this story.

Kishimoto is just a terrible writer.

hence why in my stories I will be killing Hinata off and Sasuke as well I don't give a kitten about either of them since both kittened up the story with their fans who just love them and dream about them far too much I mean lets face it we all know what ther Hinata fan boys dream of doing to Hinata.

I mean if I did write the story I would have Killed Hinata off but here is the thing I would have done it to shut the NH fans up.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

The problem wasn't her confession it self it was two thing: the fans and the actions after the confession. The fans (nh ss) refused to believe that Sakura could fall in love with Naruto cause they feared it would get in the way of their own pairings. So they would reject everything that she said as false. Then she went off to kill Sasuke so Naruto wouldn't be bound to save him cause of the bonds of team 7. It was translate or written in such a way that it was very difficult to follow what she was doing and what her goals were at the time. So people assume the worst and she was a kitten and a slut again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 September 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#18 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:08 AM

The "I hate people who lie to themselves" crap did a lot of damage. It pained me when I first saw it.

#19 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

Sai's line "Bc she loves him" (for no reason at all) 3 kittening times that was mentioned ugh !!! :facepalm: . That was seriously some major BS downage / downer , you just don't do a confession and say that and twist it around later making it all pointless  :facepalm: .  

The problem was when the focus of the confession turned into Sasuke's direction it was all about him its always about him  he's like cancer like that or a heavy drug for the author   :zaru: . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#20 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:39 AM

He should have not put it at all.

Its not necessarily bad from a writing ambiguity perspective but when you had an army of hinatards waiting to jump at your throats...

You avoid ambiguities.

He should have not put Hinata's stupid and contrived confession to begin with as well. UGH 

Edit: He should have focused Sakura and Hinata's stories about becoming stronger and better persons instead of looping the story endlessly about their love stories and Sasuke

Edited by hinataiscreepy, 29 September 2015 - 07:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users