423 replies to this topic

#1 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

Seems the old thread wasn't one of the ones preserved, even in the museum. Which is a bit of a shame, as I had a few (not too important, but still 'will be missed') notes I didn't keep anywhere else stored on that thread (including, for example, my power rankings of various people, the complete listing of who is going to have whose kid in the sequel (I have a partial listing in other notes, but not a complete one), and a few other bits and bobs), but so be it. I may not be entirely consistent with the old notes in that regard, but I don't NEED those notes to finish the story as I want, exactly.

The final chapter of Volume 3 is progressing a bit slowly. I'll also warn you, now -- this will wind up being the longest chapter of the fic to date, possibly at all, by far. I still have three or four major scenes to write (could still take a day or two), and I'm already just about tied with the next longest chapter in length. It'll be worth it, though... (ending the volume at Chapter 50\60 is really going to make things simpler for me when it comes to record-keeping)

Well, I basically made this post to re-open this thread, since it was eaten in the server move. If anyone has any questions for me between now and when I finish the next chapter, go ahead and post them. I'll answer them if I can.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:58 PM

Hey it seems like something major would happen, but I do want to know, which questions would be answered in the new chapter?

#3 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:04 PM

Why did no-one tell me when the copy of Training in the Fanfiction Library here turned out to be broken?

Ah, well. That chapter has been repaired, and the next one is being posted as we speak. It'll be up on ff.net tonight. Thus ends Volume 3.

Edit: Now up on both ff.net and Mediaminer as well as the fanfiction library here.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#4 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Haven't read this story yet, though it has a ton of reviews over in ff.net. The number of chapters is kinda' intimidating, though.

#5 Dageoffant

Dageoffant

This sentence is false.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Grengo @ Feb 7 2006, 03:09 PM)
Haven't read this story yet, though it has a ton of reviews over in ff.net. The number of chapters is kinda' intimidating, though.

Its worth a read. I mean it. I found it on ff.net and sacraficed quite a bit of sleep to read it.
May god have mercy on my enemies, because I shure as hell wont-General George S Patton.

#6 Canis Black

Canis Black

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:24 AM

w00t! You finally got that chapter out. Can't wait for the next one, especially since you're going to be addressing some of the more interesting sub-plots you started WAAAAY back in Vol 3.

#7 Phalanx

Phalanx

Zombie Phalanx

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:I have tons. Do I feel like listing them? Not particularily.<br /><br />...<br /><br />...<br /><br />...<br /><br />...

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:26 AM

Nicely done chap. Good job. (Its the one that I red earlier, right? Number 60?)
404 Error: Signature Not Found

#8 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:10 PM

Volume 4, Chapter 1 is out here on the Fanfiction Library (will be sent to ff.net and mediminer at the usual time late tonight). As of this time, this chapter has managed to achieve something I've been trying to manage for quite some time: I didn't need to include any authors notes! Yay!

Heh. Anyway, it's out. Enjoy.

-Tonbo

#9 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

Interesting beginning. For some reason I was assuming that there would be a timeskip of a few years between Volume 3 and Volume 4, so I was a bit surprised when it picked up more or less where Volume 3 ended.

It looks like Naruto and Sakura are coming home to a bit of a mess. I imagine things will be getting... exciting in the near future.

#10 InvaderSpax

InvaderSpax

Hunting Wabbits

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

as always, desaix, VERY cool. Gai's team vs. The Unstoppable Force is shaping up to be very exciting, indeed. Also, interesting lil piece of information about Hinata. I'm also looking forward to Hanabi's reaction about the entire civil war. Keep it up man.

#11 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

Man, this story is the bomb! We're gonna have very high expectations when the sequel comes out.

#12 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:32 AM

Next chapter has been added to the Fanfic Library, and will be added to ff.net and mediaminer at the usual time.

Sadly, I had to include authors notes with this one. Ah, well, it was good to manage ONE without notes.

-Tonbo

#13 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Double posting to bump the thread.

The next chapter has been posted to the Fanfiction Library. I've been sick -- still am -- and don't really feel up to starting the next one right away, so it might be a while before the next one, but I think it ends on a relatively satisfactory note for a while, since the next chapter isn't exactly a direct continuation of the events in this one (more like, 'A week later' type of thing). If I'm able to, I'll be posting it to ff.net and mediaminer tonight at the usual time -- otherwise, it'll be right before I check out for the night. Regardless, you'll still, as always, able to find it here in the fanfiction library until then.

-Tonbo

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

Well, I hope you rest soon so you can get back to shape

#15 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:39 AM

Well, that was certainly an explosive chapter... I'd imagine open fighting in the streets of Konoha, even if it was interrupted, is going to take tensions to a whole new level. It's awfully hard to put that genie back in the bottle one it's out, and somehow I don't think whatever Tsunade is going to announce next chapter is going to help things very much.

Get well soon!

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:10 PM

I am a avid reader of this fic and I must say its possibly the best NaruSaku fic I've ever read, keep up the good work!

uc.png

#17 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

Good news: I may be able to finish the next chapter tonight or tomorrow.

Bad news: I'm not going to have very much time to work on it again in the coming months. I'll still be able to show up HERE, from time to time, with trivia and things, but I won't be able to work on the fic itself very often. So... expect a delay just as long, if not longer, before the next chapter.

-Tonbo

#18 tailz

tailz

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:hehe my intrest he well naruto manga of course and uhm my friends (yes they are a hobby to :P )

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

thats indeed bad news i started to like your story almost as much as i do the manga (and that says something)

but im glad that a new chapter is coming up arigato desaix-san

#19 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

And said chapter has now been posted to the fanfiction library here. It will be added to ff.net and mediaminer at the usual time, tonight, as well.

Edit: Now up at ff.net and mediaminer, as expected.

-Tonbo

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:51 AM

*Sweats* Whoo! What an intense chapter, and what a surprise! Although, I did guess that Naruto wanted to take over Blossom or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users