• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#41 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

Akatsuki no Yona is getting an English dub: https://www.animenew...dub-cast/.85969

Cool. I don't generally care for dubs, but maybe it'll help attract more people to this series.

#42 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Ok, I've watched the newest episode yesterday. As always, I don't have a lot to complain. Pacing was good b/c the anime sticked to the manga, comedy was effective b/c the anime sticked to manga. Yona's voice actress did a good job in my opinion when she portrayed this prrplexed Yona after her meeting with Sunwoo. Now one more dragon to go, and one episode T^T I wish season 2 would come.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#43 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Ok, I've watched the newest episode yesterday. As always, I don't have a lot to complain. Pacing was good b/c the anime sticked to the manga, comedy was effective b/c the anime sticked to manga. Yona's voice actress did a good job in my opinion when she portrayed this prrplexed Yona after her meeting with Sunwoo. Now one more dragon to go, and one episode T^T I wish season 2 would come.

Yes, season two pretty please. :umm:

Also, chapters 73 and 74 are finally up.

73:

http://www.readmanga...ki-no-Yona/73/1

74:

http://www.mangahere...i_no_yona/c074/

#44 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:33 AM

Yes, season two pretty please. :umm:

Also, chapters 73 and 74 are finally up.

73:

http://www.readmanga...ki-no-Yona/73/1

74:

http://www.mangahere...i_no_yona/c074/

Finally read both.

First of all: These chapters prove to me that Su-won is an excellent emperor. He killed Yona's father and that is a sin that he is quite aware of, but this doesn't cloud his mind- so far.

Ch.73: Wonderful. Yona & Hak sharing quick but powerful/shocked glances with Sun-woo. I'm surprised that the earth kingdom's leader pretended like to overlook the fact that Yona was there (or did I misunderstand something, and he actually didn't know that that was Yona? ). Such a sad moment, when firelord Ozai Soo-Jin reminisced his two sons before he dies. You know you failed when your own subordinates kill you during a battle.

Ch.74: Tae-jun crying T^T I felt like crying, too. I hope those two brothers will bring prosperity to the Kouga Kingdom.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#45 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

Looks like there'll be an OVA to Akatsuki no Yona. Yay! Pretty sure that it'll be about that love potion chapter that the anime skipped (understandable though).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#46 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Looks like there'll be an OVA to Akatsuki no Yona. Yay! Pretty sure that it'll be about that love potion chapter that the anime skipped (understandable though).

Awesome. Probably will be the love potion chapter, but if they're doing an OVA then maybe a second season isn't totally out of the question.

Still waiting for the rest of the chapters that were skipped to be posted, 75 - 88. I don't want to skip over a bunch of chapters and end up confused. :ermm:

#47 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Awesome. Probably will be the love potion chapter, but if they're doing an OVA then maybe a second season isn't totally out of the question.

Still waiting for the rest of the chapters that were skipped to be posted, 75 - 88. I don't want to skip over a bunch of chapters and end up confused. :ermm:

Hoepfully, we'll get a season 2 T_T I'd give the anime an 8.5/10 (if it was just favoritism 9/10). Animation really was lazy at certain points (that's SP for ya), but overall I am very glad that the anime completely sticked to the manga and even maintained that well-known humor.

I want the next chatpers T_T

Btw, last sales for Akatsuki no Yona volume 17 (I believe) is right now about 130,000. I think it is a little increase compared to the previous ones, but nothing significant in my eyes. Too bad.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#48 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Hoepfully, we'll get a season 2 T_T I'd give the anime an 8.5/10 (if it was just favoritism 9/10). Animation really was lazy at certain points (that's SP for ya), but overall I am very glad that the anime completely sticked to the manga and even maintained that well-known humor.
Btw, last sales for Akatsuki no Yona volume 17 (I believe) is right now about 130,000. I think it is a little increase compared to the previous ones, but nothing significant in my eyes. Too bad.

People these days...

This is why craps can get popular now...

#49 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

I don't know if it's just that people don't really know about the series, or possibly if it has something to do with the misconceptions some people seem to have towards shoujo, but it's disappointing when a series you really like doesn't get the recognition and attention you feel it deserves. :pinch:

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

I don't know if it's just that people don't really know about the series, or possibly if it has something to do with the misconceptions some people seem to have towards shoujo, but it's disappointing when a series you really like doesn't get the recognition and attention you feel it deserves. :pinch:

I couldn't agree more...Basically generic/play safe is the way to go.

#51 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

It sucks, trust me. Shoujos receive way too many prejudices... I've read a ton of shoujos back then, from Wedding Peach (god help me) to Fullmoon wo Sagakittene. It's hard to find good shoujos if you ask me, but they are out there.

Have you looked into any other shoujos yet?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#52 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

It sucks, trust me. Shoujos receive way too many prejudices... I've read a ton of shoujos back then, from Wedding Peach (god help me) to Fullmoon wo Sagakittene. It's hard to find good shoujos if you ask me, but they are out there.

Have you looked into any other shoujos yet?

I've been trying to find some. So far I've got NG Life, Donten ni Warau, 07 Ghost (actually I'm not sure if it's shoujo, anime is labeled shoujo but manga isn't), and the one you recommended to me before, Jeanne, that I want to check out. But I haven't gotten a chance to start any of them yet. I'm still trying to find some more, but it's hard sometimes to find something that piques my interest.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 03 April 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#53 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

Awesome, finally Ch.75 up to Ch.92 are completely translated: http://www.mangahere...i_no_yona/c075/

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#54 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:01 PM

I don't read AnY but trust me this number is okay for a shoujo

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#55 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

I don't read AnY but trust me this number is okay for a shoujo

It is by no means bad, but it still is rather unknown. Sucks when I see shoujos such as Ao Haru Ride selling at least 600,000 per volume.

I'm simply wondering if the sales will be an important factor in whether or not season 2 will be anounced.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#56 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

Awesome, finally Ch.75 up to Ch.92 are completely translated: http://www.mangahere...i_no_yona/c075/

Some pages are missing, so it's better to go to Titania scans, the official translator website: http://www.titaniasc...atsuki no Yona/

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#57 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'm trying to catch up with the newest chapters right now, and that humor in Akatsuki no Yona makes me laughing nonstop :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#58 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Oh man, I accidently saw some spoilers for Zeno's backstory. It looks really sad. :umm:

And yay! More chapters to read. I'm going to catch up on them tonight.

#59 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

Oh man, I accidently saw some spoilers for Zeno's backstory. It looks really sad. :umm:

And yay! More chapters to read. I'm going to catch up on them tonight.

I saw them, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the newest chapters translated.

I love the new arc! It's funny and dealing with the common problem of drug smuggeling in the water tribe.

Edited by trang95, 06 April 2015 - 07:06 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#60 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

So, some thoughts on the chapters...

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users