• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#81 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

Superman Returns-9/10
Though horribly paced and some questionable casting choices the performances by Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor and the dare I say super debut by Brandon Routh as the man in tights make this movie.

uc.png

#82 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Iron Man - 8/10

Definetely up there with X2 and Spider-Man 2. Not Batman Begins, though.

#83 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Ed-Kun @ May 3 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Superman Returns-9/10
Though horribly paced and some questionable casting choices the performances by Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor and the dare I say super debut by Brandon Routh as the man in tights make this movie.

The only prob I had with this movie was the fact they decided to not reboot it , although it's nice to hear Marlon barndo's voice again I think it would have been better if it were done from scratch.

oh yeah. superman aginast cryptonite mountian = fail

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#84 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ May 4 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only prob I had with this movie was the fact they decided to not reboot it , although it's nice to hear Marlon barndo's voice again I think it would have been better if it were done from scratch.

I didn't necessarily have a problem with not rebooting, because that would've meant doing another origin story, and as good as the first Superman is, I actually liked the second one better. tongue.gif I'm not a fan of origin stories that linger forever on the beginning. And although Returns was not an origin story, it kind of was, because Singer wanted to re-introduce Superman to the world. So it still felt like it. As Ed-kun has said, the pacing wasn't very great, but the major problem I had with the film was with Lois Lane. Too many negative choices. I know that partially has to do with the script, but she could've made less negative choices.

QUOTE (Dormin @ May 4 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh yeah. superman aginast cryptonite mountian = fail

Yeah ..... Kryptonite equals no power to fly or push anything, = render unable to movie.....

Superman Returns gets a 7/10 from me.

---------------------------------------------------------
IRON MAN - 10/10,

Great casting, I'm sure this isn't the only review that raves about Downey Jr. many people ask why regardless of his personal issues he continues to find work, it's because of how good he is. This film is a great example of that, with many of the lines being improvisation. The chemistry between him and Gwenyth Paltrow is amazing, and I'm glad they, Favreau and writers, made the choice they did about their relationship at the end. Jeff Bridge's has had some mixed reviews partially claiming he plays the villain too straightforward and openly, but I didn't think this was the case. He played it like a normal business man, looking for every opportunity to move forward, and earn the green. Terrence Howard is fine, I don't think he was freaking amazing. He was just fine with the part, there wasn't enough there for me to say "Terrence Howard is the ultimate Rhodey". I also liked the pacing of the origin story, of us going through the process of his becoming the hero, physically and figuratively, and how it wasn't some slick montage as seen in many movies. Hans Zimmer's score wasn't anything great. It worked fine, but I wanted something more, that's not to say that it distracts from the story nor that it didn't enhance some parts, but honestly it was hard to notice under the great banter between Stark and anyone, and the explosions and rockets. The action was great, just enough to not overpower the human aspect of the story, but enough coolness to appease. And when he first suits up as Iron Man to protect people it's reminiscent of 'Robocop'. Honestly the only real problem I saw with the film was the fact that I'm not an Iron Man fan. So I wasn't floored by seeing him on the big screen. The same awe wasn't there as when I first went to see Spider-man, and when I was younger and saw Superman for the first time. I was extremely happy and please with the teaser scene at the end of the credits. I love the comic book series "The Ultimates". So the fan in me jumped for joy. Now up to bat is 'The Hulk' which I hope will also deliver. I'm also eager to see the teaser scene at the end of that one' credits. smile.gif

Edited by rickp2006, 06 May 2008 - 09:54 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#85 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

Premonition- 8/10

I thought it was pretty good, it's one of those movie's that give that kind of eerie feeling until the end, i think, at least for me :teehee:.

#86 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:14 AM

Orphanage, 6/10, good acting, okay script, good photography, BUT I hate scary movies that aren't scary. And the ending..... :barf:

Edited by chouzu_tao, 05 May 2008 - 03:14 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#87 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:16 AM

Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantamino Bay-4/10
Proof that recycling old jokes doesn't work.

uc.png

#88 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

The Golden Compass - 3/10

I'm a fan of the His Dark Materials trilogy, and I was interested in watching this film when Mum bought it on DVD.

I was so disappointed. I didn't expect it to be a blow-by-blow retelling of the book. In fact, the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Narnia were brilliant adaptions, absolute masterpieces. But The Golden Compass changed so many things, it kept jarring. Not only the basic plot, but the characters as well! For example, Iofur the Bear King is known as Ragnar in the film. Why the name change? Are there actually people who can't tell the difference between Iorek/Iofur?

On the subject of Iofur/Ragnar, they also changed his question to Lyra. In the book, he asks "What was the first thing I killed?". In the film, it's "How did I become king?"

I'm not normally anal/pendatic, but I just couldn't relax and enjoy the film when they kept changing so many things. It was like a rewrite of the book by someone who wasn't even a fan. The ending was completely sudden as well, it left out the ENTIRE last part of the book, including the twist at the end!

Ah well. At least I liked Pan and Iorek. Those two raised the score to 3/10.

Rant over. tongue.gif I'm looking forward to Iron Man and Prince Caspian. biggrin.gif

#89 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

National Treasure II - 6/10

I would love to live in a city of gold, but it looked way way too troublesome to get to that point. Funny how one man is able to get by with breaking into the british Queen's study, kidnapping the president and fecking up streets and cars along the way. Anyway, the puzzles in this movie might have been more or less impossible for me to grasp, but it was still fun. I like these kinds of movies, and with Indiana Jones coming up I guess this served as a light warmup. No brilliant masterpiece, but it was ok.

#90 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

8/10 A Good Year. A Very... Good thnking movie. Gives you a stop on the life, whould we live a life of work, or shat we stop and actually live it?
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#91 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:11 AM

Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins (Special Edition)-0/10
If there ever was a more strong case as to why there shouldn't be a live action Dragon Ball this 1980-something sespool is it. Even improved special effects cant save it.

Edited by Ed-Kun, 07 May 2008 - 03:11 AM.

uc.png

#92 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

Superhero Movie - 10/10.. It was so stupid and hilarious, I couldn't help but give it a ten!

#93 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Ed-Kun @ May 6 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins (Special Edition)-0/10
If there ever was a more strong case as to why there shouldn't be a live action Dragon Ball this 1980-something sespool is it. Even improved special effects cant save it.

Yeah, the quality of the new film looks to be the same.......... I give it a 1, because of Oolong's singing sequence. tongue.gif

JUNO, 7/10, good acting, funny at times. Great cast..... but WTF? Liberty Bell?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#94 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Bean (1997)-7/10
Funny at times but Mr. Bean's humor really doesn't work well for a 90 minute film.

Mr. Bean's Vacation (2007)-3/10
Rowan Atkinson needs to retire this character.

Edited by Ed-Kun, 07 May 2008 - 06:31 PM.

uc.png

#95 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland - 10/10

Despite my stupid self of giving this classic away facepalm.png I finally managed to watch the whole movie on youtube! This is one classic anime I'll never forget. (Now I'll have to find that tape in my cousins' house, soon.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#96 Saku-Saku

Saku-Saku

NaruSaku Obsessed<3

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:I put Naruto's B-Day since he's one of my fav characters and he's awesome!! =] <br /><br />Fav Pairings: NaruSaku, ShikaIno, KibaHina, SasuNaru, Neji Ten, KakaAnko but mostly NaruSaku cuz its the best pairing EVER!!!!!<br /><br />and I absoloutly HATE SASUSAKU!!!! <br /><br /><br />Fav Anime: Naruto<br /><br />Fav Books/Manga: Naruto, and other stuff<br /><br />Hobbies: Drawing NaruSaku fanart, reading, annoying me brothers lol, hanging with my friends.<br /><br />Favorite Naruto Characterz: I like all of them except Sasuke and Kabuto. My favs are Sakura and Naruto of course!! ^^<br /><br />I LOVE turtles!!!!!<br /><br />LIKES: Turtles, NaruSaku,nice ppl lol, my family and friends.<br /><br />HATES: SASUSAKU, NaruHina, ASSHOLES and mean ppl, bugs EW lolz, school and homework, ppl who hate NaruSaku, Sasuke, Seagulls (THEY EAT BABY TURTLES!!) i know rude right?!? <br />TuRtLeS 4 LiFe&lt;3

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

No More Baths 0/10
We were takin a LOOOONNNGGG damn test so our principal made us watch this horrible peice of crap. It is one of the worst movies in the world and when i say this i mean some baby movies r better and baby movies suck!! rawr.gif

♥ ♥ ♥ NaruSaku is a true love ♥ ♥ ♥

#97 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:48 AM

Hitman - 7/10

I've learned to never trust a bald man in a suit. Shoot first, ask later!

#98 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:14 AM

Alien vs Predator Requiem: -2/10
I have nothing to say except I want my 90 minutes back.

uc.png

#99 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:17 AM

Risky Business 7/10

...I this movie pretty much speaks for itself laugh.gif.

Edited by psycho666, 08 May 2008 - 04:18 AM.

#100 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ May 8 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Risky Business 7/10

...I this movie pretty much speaks for itself laugh.gif.

Ugh that movie is so sleazy....I hate it.

uc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users