• Please log in to reply
672 replies to this topic

#101 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

NHL 09 (XBox 360)-10/10
The best Hockey game I've ever played.

uc.png

#102 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (7/10)

Old kinda, but still enjoyably, using a staff lightsaber or duel wielding them is fun, and the powers aren't half-bad.

#103 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max - 10/10

All I have to say is this...

Out of all of the home versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS1, Saturn(Japanese only), Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2 (for Alpha Anthology)), this. IS. THE. BEST out of all of them.

From adding Ingrid from the horrible Capcom Fighting Evolution(Jam) to modes like Variable Battle and Kumite, this is the BEST home conversion of SFA3. Sure people complain about the PSP controls (on the fat one, when the game first came out) honestly, the controls are the same like the original PS1 controller (except using the comands when the Alpha series just started for the controllers).

Only gripe I have is Variable Mode. Adding tag-team is a great feature but because of (I believe) of RAM issues like they did with the PS1 releases of the Marvel Vs. Capcom series back in the day, it's has still have the feel of Dramatic Mode (aka 2 Vs. 1), which means the computer don't have a partner to switch.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#104 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed- 7/10

I personally was a little disappointed with this game, I give it a 7 at best because while the force was very well done and developed, I felt that the gameplay and combat was unrealistic or cheap and it felt clunky and hard to manage. I also disliked the story for they
made you a complete self-righteous pansy up until the end where you have six seconds to either die or become an evil but still over-caring wuss. It wasn't a bad game per se, but I still would have expected more from it since they did promise a lot, at least from what I heard.

EDITED BY KRAZY:- For petes sake use SPOILERS dammit. Its not right to ruin the plot for people who haven't played the game yet.

#105 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

Lol last game I played and finished was a naruto game! Rise of a Ninja to be exact. I'd give it a 7. Its fun once you get past the first 30 min or so of coin collecting. Yeah...coin collecting in Konoha. I really liked the fighting and the memo clip feature was relaly cool. For people who don't know, basically you unlock memo clips as you progress through the game. If you die and have a memo clip you select it and it plays an audio clip from some significant event and you press A rapidly to regain HP as it plays.

However it was super short(5 hours) and I really didn't like how they sped through episodes 1-80. But from what ive heard the new game, broken bond, is supposed to be really good and will hopefully it won't have the same problems as rise of a ninja.

#106 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

Duke Nukem 3D - 8/10 XBLA

Just got it on the XBLA, very fun, aside from the graphics looking slightly weird to me, the blood, gore, babes, and fouled-language catch phrases from the 80's is great.

#107 algernon81

algernon81

Isemi Alethia

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Quit asking me.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:43 AM

World of Goo - 10/10

It's an indie construction/puzzle game made by 2 or 3 guys. Comparable to Portal in that just about the only flaw is its brevity. Check it out.

#108 AyaMoto74

AyaMoto74

Mrs. Darttension

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Interests:I think you all know my hobbies XD

My hobbies include writing/ making music, writing stories, playing videogames, and chatting!

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:13 AM

Parasite Eve - over 9000/10

GREATEST GAME EVER. I mean, I know I've beaten it more than 20 times over the course of the past like, 10 years, but I will NEVER get sick of this game. I played it over last weekend and was overjoyed. I love this game with all of my heart and will never stop. Everyone should play it! GO PLAY IT NAO.

Soul Calibur IV - 10+/10

Woohoo! Just got this game on Friday and had an epic sleepover with Sakura~Kitsune. Beat the game with everyone in less than 24 hours BUT! It's still epic win XD I love it wub.gif The graphics are great, music's good, fighting doesn't get boring (does it ever?) and character creation is so top notch in this one compared to the last one, I'm surprised. The characters look like REAL in game characters. (Weapons floating above hands, anyone?)

Anyway, I think it is a very good final installment. They could've upped the story mode (atleast explain how they got to each area and why they were fighting everyone) and let you adjust your create-a-character's height and that would be great (I'm fine, but my sister likes having short characters tongue.gif ) but other than that, good job, Namco! :thumbs:

Kiss you for lonesome folly...

#109 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:20 AM

Star Wars The Force Unleashed (XBox 360)-6/10
Disappointing, especially after all the hype for the game.

uc.png

#110 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - 6.5/10
A decent effort by BioWare, but isn't better than ST's Sonic titles (except Sonic '06). Really, the only flaw is that it's not a whole lot of fun to play. (Oh, and the soundtrack sucks.)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 5/10
Gameplay gets a 6/10. Sloppy controls & camera, glitches galore, unfair deaths, stupid quick-time events, and the ridiculous Star Destroyer sequence which LucasArts must have been brain dead to think that would actually be fun. Ass whuppin' with the Force is pretty fun at least.
I take a point off for this game's disaster of a storyline. All of my feelings on it are covered here.

Mediocre games, be gone!! >__< (Is Gears of War 2 here yet?)

#111 Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-God

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, Anime, Martial Arts,Games, and hanging out with my friends

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Oct 21 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Star Wars The Force Unleashed (XBox 360)-6/10
Disappointing, especially after all the hype for the game.

I have to agree with u, it may have been better if they developed it for pc all of their pc games seem to be so much better than the council games.
"I got lost on the road of life"
-Hatake Kakashi

Image by YumeChan23 (http://yumechan23.deviantart.com/)

#112 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:25 PM

Star Wars The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 6.5

Game Fails to live up to the hype. Good story, but fighting gets repetitive, there are annoying glitches, bad camera, and isnt the experience we were promised.

Genji Days Of The Blade PS3 1.0

Loved the original though it was too darn short. This game's camera is trash, gameplay is clunky and slow, you can beat it in a few sitdowns. The Visuals are great but that's pretty much all I liked, one of the terrible games that flooded the launch of the PS3.

Bleach: The Blade Of Fate Nintendo DS 8.8

Gameplay is deep, the 2D graphics are awesome, The dub actors did great, but the wifi multiplayer lags a bit. but It's always nice to play an Manga/Anime game that doesn't suck

Devil May Cry 4 PS3 8.2

Not as good as DMC 1or3, but still enjoyable for fans of the series. I really liked the boss battles and the cutscenes. but the fighting gets a little repetitive and boring, not too much replay value. Having virtually no load times is a welcome feature, and all in all it's a good action game.

#113 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

Guild Wars Prophecies: 9/10

Just finished the campaign on one of my 5 characters... the story is great, but could of used a little better voice acting. Replay value is great if you love MMO's.

I just got an expansion pack on the weekend, so I'm bringing over my character into that. =D

#114 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:37 AM

Battlefield: Bad company (Xbox 360). Overall it was a fun game. I really enjoyed the singleplayer story, and the characters were funny. The only real issue for me was the fact that the AI always seems to know where you are. It's brutal. They can be locked onto you from a mile away and it'll take you forever to find them. I guess that's why they give you infinite healing.

8/10

#115 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

Grand Theft Auto - 7/10 (XBLA/Xbox)

Ok for a GTA game, just the same "Work for some, get caught by cops, get higher up in the game, ect." type thing.

#116 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:57 AM

Was it san andreas? I saw that got put on the xbox originals recently.

#117 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance

10/10
The best PS2 game i've played yet!!! happy.gif

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#118 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:16 AM

The World Ends With You - Nintendo DS

10/10

1 word: Kickass

Linerider 2: Unbound - Nintendo DS

8/10

Not exactly interesting but its quite addictive somewhat and helps relieve boredom greatly

Edited by BlackLightning, 31 October 2008 - 06:17 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#119 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

Mega Man 9 (XBox Live Arcade)-10/10
Classic Mega Man reborn, I hope they make a Mega Man 10.

uc.png

#120 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:06 AM

Dead Space - 8.5/10

Wow, really? EA has actually made a game that I enjoy? Anyway, it's a lot like other scifi horror movies & games, but's got really solid gameplay and great startles. But I wanna stomp on every last one of the annoying little creepy crawlies that gang rape you...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users