328 replies to this topic

#21 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

(OOC: HAY GUYS. xD oh and shad-kun, i mentioned in my profile that i've been working here for awhile, so WE KNOW EACHOTHER KAY 8D 2) i think we should have a menu? so peeps know what to get instead of ASKING us goddamnit rawr.gif -- i'll work on that now, since i'm taking a break :3)

(OOC II: Also, you should name the bar. Totally. IKNOW LIEK, "Highwind's Cafe?" or "Cid's Pub?" or something D: WTF MAN PIMP OUT UR BAR GRRR)

She tossed and turned and let out a unconscious sigh of bliss. Jyuuki, with hair pointing in each direction and a lazy grin on her face, slept peacefully in her cot in the upper levels of Cid's ship. "Mmmmm... pass me another donut pleaaaseeee, no... no the one ... with the sprinkles... mphffmm..." Another sigh of bliss escaped into the quiet recesses of the room.

*RAAAAAAAAAWK!*

"WHAT THE HELL?!" The young teen shot up in her bed, causing a small, yellow chocobo to shriek in surprise and roll down to her feet and off the bed. A groan rumbled out of her morning-cottony mouth plus a couple of smacks of the lips. Her hazel eyes squinted in the bright, late morning light that spilled from the windows. 'What the heck... what time is it?' Thoughts still fuzzy from her confection-filled dream, Jyuuki blinked down and giggled at the yellow mess of feathers on the floor from her top bunk, before lifting her wrist to her face. "...ELEVEN O'CLOCK? WHAT THE HELL, JYON, WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER!" She whined loudly as she jumped down from her bunk and rushed through her morning routine.

Her outburst was met with a small, annoyed 'wark.'

The petite teen poked her head out of her bathroom and blew a rasberry at the baby chocobo.

Said chocobo turned it's behind on her in response.

The former ninja gasped in surprise and shook her fist angrily.

Jyuuki hmph-ed and went back into the bathroom, only to rush back out hopping on one foot pulling on a sock. With a growl she pulled on the stubborn sock and grabbed her shoes and took off out the door and into the elevator, with a small yellow bundle of feathers in tow in her hoodie. The doors closed and Jyuuki stuffed her feet into her sneakers and breathed out, calming flustered self.

This had been another one of those mornings where she'd had to rush out in a flurry because her job had been threatened. If she lost this job, she'd also lose her home-- which meant she'd have to travel YET AGAIN to find another place to gain work as a in-employee somewhere. Working for 4 straight years had been pressing on her young life, but hey it had been her choice afterall; Jyuuki ran away from home. Okay, you might say that she brought it on herself by leaving at the early age of 15 from her family, but really? You couldn't blame her. Jyuuki frowned at the memory and sighed before running a hand through her mussed hair, trying to make the pointy-ness not so... pointy. "This is really not my fault, you know, you feathered little squirt. If you hadn't suggested I stayed up last night with those pretty pirates that came in yesterday, I would've gone to bed earlier! Thus, getting up earlier! THUS not be in the firing zone of the old fart...again. I can't lose this job, Jyon!" Jyuuki ground out as she looked over her shoulder, eyeing the small chocobo in the corner of her eyes. She was met with what looked like a peeved scowl on the small bird's face, a cold defense in his teeny blue eyes, before it burrowed down in her hoodie.

"Don't run away when I'm blaming you! I'm not finished!" The young bartender was about to attack her hoodie with fervor, but the doors opened up and she figured to save that for later; there were more pressing matters to attend to.

I can has a firing squad?

NEVER!

The former ninja squatted down, small grin growing as an idea formed in her mind. 'I know... I'll just try to sneak in again and act like I was there the whole time! Just like last time! Hehehe, you sneaky awesome ninja you, Jyu. This'll be a flawless victory for me yet! With hazel-green eyes squinted, as if she held a dark secret code that would possible end or save the world all to herself, Jyuuki eyed the hallway, looking out for the old fart that held her employment in the palm of his wrinkly hands. Jyon popped his head out in question, sensing the level of elevation from his owner, before letting out a small, knowing groan of frustration. If chocobos had hands, Jyon would be smacking the feathers out of his forehead, probably thinking 'What'd I do to deserve this? And the rest of my family?' No really, what DID they do to deserve this? Jyon's family line has been tied with Jyuuki's for who knows how long-- though it's believed that a well-known captain was the one to start the tradition. 'Damn her.'

Anyway, back to the crazy teen. Jyuuki giggled quietly to herself and snuck out of the elevator, making her way through the sliding doors to the main area of the ship. "Hehehe, Jyuuki, you should write a book on employment," the former ninja thought as she crawled across the floor and into the backroom of the bar -- where her uniform waited for her, "you could call it, How To Keep Your Job. Permanently." Another snicker escaped her as she jumped up and slipped on her uniform with a grin. She was set! All she had to do was walk out there and act like she were putting a box of whatever's away.

Fool-proof.

Wait.

"JYON!" Jyuuki whispered harshly before reaching back and pulling out the baby chocobo and holding him infront of her. "Okay listen up! Jyon, you had better NOT squeal on me, gottit? I'm serious this time." The small bird, that sat on both her open palms huffed. She frowned and shook her feathered pet and friend, causing it to 'WARK' in protest. "Jyon..." Her warning was low and deadly, as her hazel eyes seemed to freeze over. The small bird, however had built up an immunity to this, but nonetheless nodded after a while of contemplation. He was met with a happy grin and a pat on the head, "GOOD! Glad we could agree~" She stuffed the protesting chocobo back in her hoodie and breathed, before heading through the doors of the employee entrace to the bar.

So fool-proof.

"Heya old man! Sorry I was away for so long. I was in the back, putting back some stupid boxes you left out here last night! There was alot of them, so it took awhiles. You should really put away your crap, old man." She opened her eyes after her loud, boisterous entrance and was met with a familiar (yet always hilarious) frown, the owner with his strong arms crossed over chest.

Okay, fine.

Not so much.

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

(OOC:That's the name of the bar, No Fighting!! XD You're free to come up with a creative name if you wanted, although as I am underaged, perhaps you can help me with the liquor I'm suppose to provide.)
Cid swore he could feel a vein pop from his forehead....
"YOU DAMN BRAT!!!!!!!!!" but really, the chocobo he could tolerate. The bratty attitude he could manage, heck as long as no one got... hurt from trying to cop a feel, he'd keep the girl. But, as any good business needs, the girl needed to be on time more. "Where. Were. You." Cid gave his employee the Stare of Doom. "I opened hours ago!!! It's f***in' 4 PM!!!"
(OOC:see 1st page Krisk. But it's ok)

(OOC: Holy crap, I just realized I'm an older member than j00! omfg.gif

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 18 November 2008 - 12:25 AM.

#23 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

Dragomir noiced the, well, ball of energy coming into the room. It felt like in the capital of the Empire. Most of them are now dead, dying or in the army. Draco looked towards the cranky old man "Seems like your staff is a little enthusiastic every day eh?" He said with a smile.

Edited by Pite, 18 November 2008 - 04:34 AM.

The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#24 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:54 AM

"Where. Were. You." Cid gave his employee the Stare of Doom.

Jyuuki blinked innocently into that oh-so familiar dead stare, lie already ready on her tongue. "Didn't I just say? I was in the BACK! Putting away your CRAP!" She inwardly grinned at the sight of him; there he was, a complete 180 from the calm, relaxed bar-owner to a raving old lunatic ready to spear his meat and devour it raw. It was hilarious. Jyuuki had to bite the insides of her cheeks to keep from bursting in laughter. Cid's vein. One of her many best friends, oh how it always managed to get a laugh out of her.

Nonetheless, the young bartender kept her calm composure in check. With an annoyed scowl she made her way around the shaking volcano and leaned against the bar, eyeing two guests before turning back to her employer. "You should really listen when I first speak ya old fart. You know repeating oneself is super annoying."

Jyuuki crossed her arms and her shoulders shook slightly. Man this was almost always the best part of her morning.

"I opened hours ago!!! It's f***in' 4 PM!!!"

Okay, scratch that.

Best part of her afternoon.

Jyuuki had to lean back from the expected somewhat passionate (that the right word? Maybe) response of her boss. Jeez why'd he have to yell so-- wait a second.

WHAT.

"WHAT!? FOUR PM? WHAT." The surprised squeal escaped her open mouth in aghast. 'Four PM!? But my--' Her hazel eyes widened after she shoved her wrist into her face. Eleven O'Clock. DAMN WATCHES. Jyuuki tried for improvising. "Um.. well it was alot of stuff? Hehe?"

"Seems like your staff is a little enthusiastic every day eh?" He said with a smile.

Mister customer, you are now my favorite person today!

Jyuuki saw the opening and took it with amazing grace and speed. Also, she really didn't want to almost lose her job again-- it got sorta boring. She turned around and faced man sitting at the bar, "That's right! I LOVE my job! And you'd have to be a PRIME JERK to fire someone who's ~*oh-so passionate*~ about their job." Her declaration of love for her job might have been for the man sitting at the bar AND her boss. Maybe.

(OOC 1: will do. :])
(OOC 2: improv. it's a beautiful thing.)
(OOC 3: that you are. xD)

#25 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 17 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"That's right! I LOVE my job! And you'd have to be a PRIME JERK to fire someone who's ~*oh-so passionate*~ about their job." Her declaration of love for her job might have been for the man sitting at the bar AND her boss. Maybe.

For a second Dragomir was about to pull out his gun and shoot her, such sudden movements too spazmastic, but in the end he smiled as the girl screamed(?) out her declaration of love towards her job.
"Seems like you either love your job as a waitress or Cid is the only one who kept you hired for longer than 10 minutes. "He said cracking a smile. He leaned foward and looked at the girl.

"You remind me of thosel ittle kids in the Empirial capital and those on the Republican side, such blithe in your smile. No allegience just pure carelessness." He said "Don't ever lose that okey Skittles?" He finished. "Since you're here, could you get me some Tonic soda, I'm thisty"

#26 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

(OOC: Let the fun begin~ wow.png )

She could not help but raise an eyebrow at the sudden uprise of noise; Shihna sighed deeply before amber eyes glanced towards the commotion. It had been actually peaceful for the few hours she had been there tending the customers, and look who actually decided to show up. Well there goes the one-in-a-million chance of any sort of serenity around here. Oh well, atleast something exciting could possibly take place. With a hidden smile, she stocked up a row of clean glasses before jumping over the table she resided. Rather than picturing her sudden fall, strong hands kept up her balance as she made a slight wave at a random customer, the nineteen year old planned to add a little flip or twirl (either or both would be perfect!) into her 'little show' but she knew how Cid would react to her fun. Jyuuki had already gotten him rilled up as it is, so what's the point of adding on to that? "Could you be any louder, Jyuu-love?" she asked, with that familiar tone of sarcasm dripping off of her tongue - oh yes, something was going to erupt between the two of them... even if it took hours, it was going to happen. Although, she couldn't help but admit that the scene before her was nothing but hilarious. It only took Jyuuki's antics or her attempts at snatching their weekly earnings, to result with Cid's face turning into something like this. Simply priceless. And she couldn't help but enjoy Jyuuki's company because of that.

That girl was something amazing, wasn't she?

At the moment, Shihna was barefoot, her feet oddly brushing against the newly polished floors (she spent her sleepless night, finishing off that bother) with ease. By now, the teenager would be complaining that her 'poor footsies' were covered with splinters. And soon enough blame either Cid or anyone else for causing her injuries; but it was more of her fault than any of them when it came to that. Who told her to pick up the habit of walking around barefoot was beyond her. But it was simply COMFORTABLE! Could no one understand that?!

"You really need something better to wake you up, you know that?" A bit careful, Shihna made her way over to her fellow co-worker, trying her best to avoid throwing something at the loudmouth. Lengthen braid beating against her backside, she attempted to calm down Cid with either a smile or something...

...but what could possibly calm this down?

Maybe she could make her boss smile by telling him that she hasn't attempted to steal anything in the past few hours? Although, there was no stopping his yelling. That vein was REALLY popping out today...

And this was one of the few times that Jyuu was this late, and god would it be a day. 4 PM was not that of a reasonable time to barge into the resturant / bar, but it wasn't bustling as they had hoped for. So it wouldn't be so bad---

Hold on a minute.

What time was it?

"Wait. Did you say 4 PM? YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?!" Shihna suddenly shouted, hands against her darkened cheeks in distress.

There was something important that she was to be doing over an hour ago, but she couldn't remember! Was she supposed to be in the kitchen? Or the back room? What about the freezer? Where the hell was she supposed to be right now... contemplating within whilst freaking out on the outside, the barefoot female stomped down onto the floor in a huff. Not realizing that an upcoming bruise would shortly be growing upon the bottom of her heel. In a matter of seconds, the poor girl had already changed the volume of her voice and injured herself! This had to be a new record. There was no denying it, Shihna just knew there would be more to come after this little situation. But still, what was it that she had to do? Maybe Jyuuki had some idea? She hoped so. Either that or face the consequences of whoever needed her about an hour ago. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad? "...Dammit...Dammit...Dammit...Dammit...THAT FREAKIN' HURT! Do you see what happens to me whenever this girl gets here?!"

Biting at her bottom lip, Shihna pointed her infamous 'accusing finger' at Jyuuki before attempting to calm down.

"Luck is never on my side when I'm around you!"

Oh boy, this was going to be a long day.

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 19 November 2008 - 12:17 PM.

tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#27 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:30 AM

Sighs and tries to block out the noise, "Cid, another shot! Here!" Tosses his gil at Cid to pay for the next bottle

"Why are they so young in the war?"
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

Ok Cid, do those calming exercises that I got from therapy a few weeks back....Breathe in, out, in out....
"Kid, get to work. Just for that, I'm putting you in garbage duty and in charge of birthday parties for the next 5 weeks..." 'Yeah, that ought to teach 'em. It's ok Cid, don't let a bunch of teenagers get to ya. Don't.... breathe in, out, in...kitten, Shinha's late too....Ok, breathe in....out' At this point, Cid let out a very audible exhale. "You." He pointed to Shinha, "You're lucky business is slow today, or else I would cut some money off from your paycheck. You got that??" He straightened up with a smug look. "Now, Jyu, get the tonic soda and hand it to Mr. Drago over here, while I serve to this guy." Cid pointed to Enyaw. "Shin, here's my spear, I think I heard a rat in the basement." He tossed his spear towards Shin then turned to Enyaw.

"Sir, the young 'uns join the war because they're eager to "serve their land"" Cid snorted. "They all want glory, honor. Bah, wars not make one great"

#29 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

"Honor and glory, blah, blah, blah. That didn't save my pals when my shop blew up while my friends were inside!!! God! F***ing war...." Cid started muttering as he wiped the counter, not to clean but to distract himself from reliving that memory....

#30 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 20 2008, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Gah, I told him to post a profile before his 2nd post...grr... Need to fix those interactions, what's the problem? Probably my fault again.....)

(OOC: It's just he's speaking in a STRAIGHT FIRST PERSON. 1st person is fine, but seriously, he needs to have some depth to his post. To move along his own storyline. I'm not asking for a novel or anything, but really? He doesn't haveta tell us he "blinked" or "lifted his hand" -- Fallen, you can do WAY more. Just have your character ready with a BACKGROUND and VISUAL (halp us out, seriously) before ya post again.

And it's not your fault. It's just with highly interactive RP's, there's way more substance than actions. We need story-telling. It makes it fun for everyone if we all take our equal turns telling a story. Yanno? Bring your character to life. Interact with the other characters.

I guess, if you want, I can delete the few last posts-- so we can start fresh?

Up to you, considering you're the only one that's interacted with him recently. ))

#31 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:50 AM

After her sort of overly-loud declaration of love for her job, Jyuuki growled at the misplaced strands falling in the middle of her face. Sure she had never had a chance to actually run a comb through her hair, but that's wasn't all that was bugging her.

The young bartender gritted her teeth as she pulled out a hair-tie and roughly pulled her thick mane into a ponytail. 'Grrr, I don't get it! Why the hell is it FOUR pm? I thought it was at least about noon by the time I got here,' the teen searched her foggy thoughts, 'Ugh... what the heck kept me up so long? What was I doin? I remember those dudes bought me a few drinks and since the old fart wasn't around, duh? Of course I accepted 'em. And if I hadn't they would've been offended. I mean, that would've been horrible for the business amirite? Of course! But... what the hell. I don't remember squat diggity.'

Seemingly frustrated with no avail searching her memory for the events that went on the night before, Jyuuki growled again under her breath and finished tying her hair up. She knew that it was probably a war-zone on her scalp, but she didn't care. She just wanted SOMEONE to tell her what happe--
QUOTE (Pite @ Nov 17 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Seems like you either love your job as a waitress or Cid is the only one who kept you hired for longer than 10 minutes. "He said cracking a smile. He leaned foward and looked at the girl.

Jyuuki stopped in mid-thought and looked across the bar at the man she'd unknowingly started a conversation with. Her eyes took note of his battle-worn face and build. Army meat. Awesome. Hey, at least he was a customer right? Even though Jyuuki hated the war and much preferred to just make love and that death, she felt that the soldiers fighting in it still had a right to escape it all. Had a chance to let the anxiety of looking over their shoulder, fearing for their life, letting all of that just melt off their shoulders into a puddle on the floor. Let that puddle of fear be forgotten. At least for a little while.

The young waitress cocked her head and grinned at his snarky attitude. So we've got a funny man today huh? "Hah hah. I'll have ya know I've had way more time on a job. At least MORE than your pretty weak 10 minute mark. Pfft. The old man would even agree I'm his favorite employee!"

I saw him grin nonetheless at my lie that was obviously grasping for the truth straws.

"You remind me of thosel ittle kids in the Empirial capital and those on the Republican side, such blithe in your smile. No allegience just pure carelessness." He said "Don't ever lose that okey Skittles?" He finished. "Since you're here, could you get me some Tonic soda, I'm thisty"

Skittles? What the hell is a 'skittles'?

Jyuuki was confused, but nonetheless happy that he'd brought up a few of her better qualities. It was true, Jyuuki technically had no allegiance, but she had an opinion. But, what's the point? Those meat-head gorillas running the war-meetings and the like would be too block-headed to even hear her out. So, here she was. Making use of her life the best way she knew how. It was workin', but sometimes-- she wished she could escape. Just go up to those admirals or whatever and beat some sense into them. Without a gun.

"Well, thank you mister soldier. I'll try too," Jyuuki replied with a small grin of her own as she took note of his request and bent down to grab the Tonic Soda from the mini-fridge compartments underneath the bar (those were so convenient! It saved the trouble of going ALL the way in the back just to grab some stupid customer's order. Jeez) before pulling it out and smacking it down on the table with a napkin underneath, "But just for future reference, I'm so not a kid anymore. I'm so old.. I'm so old that they should change the legal drinking age to my age 'cause I'm just that old! Huzzah."

No really they should. It'd help not sneaking around Cid so much.

The auburn-haired former ninja noticed, with satisfaction, that the thirsty war-guy was momentarily distracted by the drink. Oh yeah, our booze was that good. Jyuuki blinked and grabbed a rag to wipe her slightly wet hands clean before leaning an elbow against the table and throwing a nonchalant glance at the man enjoying his Tonic. "So, what's your name, Mister War G--"

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Nov 17 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Could you be any louder, Jyuu-love?" she asked, with that familiar tone of sarcasm dripping off of her tongue - oh yes, something was going to erupt between the two of them... even if it took hours, it was going to happen. Although, she couldn't help but admit that the scene before her was nothing but hilarious. It only took Jyuuki's antics or her attempts at snatching their weekly earnings, to result with Cid's face turning into something like this. Simply priceless. And she couldn't help but enjoy Jyuuki's company because of that.

Jyuuki spluttered at the interruption as a sugary-sweet tone filled the air. Blinking, the young teen looked towards the owner of the sarcastic phrase and frowned slightly. 'Ahh, Shihna. So she's lookin' for one of THOSE days is she?' Jyuuki loved the girl like a sister. I mean why not? They had both started off around the same time and were partners (and sometimes competitors) in seeing how long it would take them to get Cid riled up enough to have him going into one of his famous curse-storms. They were all so colorful! Also, Jyuuki and Shihna, being the only employee's as of late and both nineteen, had undergone the regular needs that the job had demanded. The bartending, the waitressing, the bouncering (Cid's bar sucked with employment) and everything else that they would get bored of sooner or later just to take on another task.

So they kinda clicked.

And hey, who said healthy competition wasn't fun?

"I AM NOT LOUD. YOU'RE HEARING JUST IS... REALLY REALLY GOOD. SHUT UP." Jyuuki shouted back in indignation, insulted. Okay fine, so maybe Jyuuki could be a kid, but seriously-- she wasn't even that loud. The angry teen crossed her arms and blew a stray auburn lock out of her face. Stupid Shihna. Stupid hair. Stupid Tonic-Man. Though her threat went unheard and Shihna continued on as if she were the Queen of the All the Skies.

"You really need something better to wake you up, you know that?"

The wake-up alarm in question sat up from her hoodie suddenly and warked in insult! Though, the owner of the feathery companion just stiffled her laughter. She had to admit, Shihna had her moments. Jyon bird!growled, as he noted the muffled laugh, and warked!mumbled to himself, as if thinking, 'Stupid Humes.'

"Wait. Did you say 4 PM? YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT?!" Shihna suddenly shouted, hands against her darkened cheeks in distress.

Contemplating within whilst freaking out on the outside, the barefoot female stomped down onto the floor in a huff. Not realizing that an upcoming bruise would shortly be growing upon the bottom of her heel. In a matter of seconds, the poor girl had already changed the volume of her voice and injured herself! This had to be a new record. There was no denying it, Shihna just knew there would be more to come after this little situation. But still, what was it that she had to do? Maybe Jyuuki had some idea? She hoped so. Either that or face the consequences of whoever needed her about an hour ago. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad? "...Dammit...Dammit...Dammit...Dammit...THAT FREAKIN' HURT! Do you see what happens to me whenever this girl gets here?!"

Biting at her bottom lip, Shihna pointed her infamous 'accusing finger' at Jyuuki before attempting to calm down.

"Luck is never on my side when I'm around you!"

Oh my god. Could this day get any better? Her rival/bestfriend had come in with a wave of her hand and acted as if everything she touched turned to gold and then suddenly she's hopping up and down and angry. 'Oh man, I love you-- whoever controls whatever happens. You totally get my babies.' Jyuuki smugly thought while laughing right out at her co-employee's pain and suffering.

Wait what?

"WHAT? HOW IS THIS MY FAULT?!" Oh no she didn't. Jyuuki completely stopped her previous guffaws of laughter and went on the defense. "I'm hardly the reason for your lack-of-grace! And you know you're the one who suggested the floor! I'm just surprised the old fart decided to run with the idea!"

Jyuuki grabbed the rag and wrung it and threw it over a bare shoulder in protest, calming down abit, the young former merc was in a good mood. Who wouldn't with 10+ hours of sleep? Tee. "Whatever dude, that was hilarious and don't even deny it," Jyuuki cracked a grin and leaned against the bar once more, "Yeah sure I'm late, who cares? It's either you or me. And you KNOW you're late sometimes. Speaking of, where were you? Aren't you supposed to be working tables?"

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 20 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok Cid, do those calming exercises that I got from therapy a few weeks back....Breathe in, out, in out....
"Kid, get to work. Just for that, I'm putting you in garbage duty and in charge of birthday parties for the next 5 weeks..." 'Yeah, that ought to teach 'em. It's ok Cid, don't let a bunch of teenagers get to ya. Don't.... breathe in, out, in...kitten, Shinha's late too....Ok, breathe in....out' At this point, Cid let out a very audible exhale.

Okay this is the part that sucks about the Old Man getting all riled up.

"What!? Birthday parties!?" Jyuuki was already on the defense, "Oh hell no! We TALKED about this! I'm allergic to annoyance! And I don't work well with kids. Seriously dude, give the job to Shihna."

Jyuuki smirked evilly and looked towards the huffing and puffing teen.

Revenge.

Best dish served ice cold.

"She told me she loves kids. She can't even wait till she gets the preggors."

(OOC: oh crap! nowai. XDDD well, Fallen, sorry bout the mod-beezneez up there. I was just frustrated that i couldn't see your profile (and other stuff >>) but YEY. just go ahead and move your post to the RIGHT thread, and you can come on back and MAKE FUN WITH US wow.png )

#32 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 20 2008, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Well, thank you mister soldier. I'll try too," Jyuuki replied with a small grin of her own as she took note of his request and bent down to grab the Tonic Soda from the mini-fridge compartments underneath the bar (those were so convenient! It saved the trouble of going ALL the way in the back just to grab some stupid customer's order. Jeez) before pulling it out and smacking it down on the table with a napkin underneath, "But just for future reference, I'm so not a kid anymore. I'm so old.. I'm so old that they should change the legal drinking age to my age 'cause I'm just that old! Huzzah."

"Hehehe... Maybe they should, you're like those kids from the Easter Snow fields, being able to imbibe alcohol since young age. Maybe we should see who can drink the most one day, shally we?" He said sipping his drink. Then he saw the cacophony of noise and energy, anger and vengence in less than 5 minutes. Eh, kids. Thus so he continued to watch the flood of emotion of the staff of the shop. It felt like watching a crack comedy, for free! He sat back anjoyed the view.

Edited by Pite, 21 November 2008 - 04:39 AM.

#33 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 20 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I AM NOT LOUD. YOU'RE HEARING JUST IS... REALLY REALLY GOOD. SHUT UP." Jyuuki shouted back in indignation, insulted. Okay fine, so maybe Jyuuki could be a kid, but seriously-- she wasn't even that loud. The angry teen crossed her arms and blew a stray auburn lock out of her face. Stupid Shihna. Stupid hair. Stupid Tonic-Man. Though her threat went unheard and Shihna continued on as if she were the Queen of the All the Skies.

It was simply odd at how much could happen in a matter of minutes. Here she was, just washing out the glasses from last night's 'party'... well, it you wanted to call it that. Cid's place was nothing but barren for the while now, and none of them could deny such truth. It was as if on-lookers ignored their advertising; especially since Cid forced both of them outside after working hours. And goddamn, was it bothersome, especially since Shihna knew there were better things to do rather than spending afterhours here, but with all due respect. Neither one of them had much excitement for awhile now. It seemed as if both Cid, and this entire... place was draining the life out of them. It was simply just nervewracking!

Although, here she stood now - well not stood, actually hoping around in utter pain.

Sure, Shihna could not see the fellow teenager's face, but Shihna was POSITIVE that the young bartender was making fun of her.

"YOU CANNOT DENY THE FACT THAT YOU'RE LOUD!" Such a remark coming from the fellow shouting girl at the moment. It seemed that they were two of a kind, no matter how much they denied the facts. Sure, being 'frenemies' or whatever you wanted to call it meant something along the lines of assisting one another, yet sabotaging later on in time. With a scowl, the lengthen braid twisted rapidly around as she placed herself on the floor at the moment. She was through with this. All of the dreaded mocking was getting to her, and the nineteen year old was certain Jyuuku's hair will be even shorter by tonight. Always keep a trusty dagger close by whenever you need it. However, the way she was acting at the moment was especially getting Cid angrier than he should be.

Being late, the constant shouting; it's a surprise that no one has decided to leave yet.

"Lack of grace... are you kidding me?! You, out of all people to should know that I'm the acrobat of our duo... or whatever the hell you want to call it." Shihna was acting more stubborn than usual, and recieving this so-called spear to kill a rat... A RAT OF ALL THINGS! Cid had to be kidding...

How DARE he decide to make her go kill a filthy rodent... with a spear... AND THREATEN HER PAYCHECK?!

She didn't know why... but she felt insulted.

In some odd way, that is.

"...and of course it's your fault! I swear, you already know what happens to me whenever I'm around you. It's either a stupid injury or I end up losing money..." she replied bluntly, looking away with a somewhat flushed face. Because of all of this jumping around, Shihna's ponytail was slowly beginning to loosen up which added onto her stress. Waiting tables was the only thing she was supposed to be doing today, and now look at this... a simple break turned into chaos. Oh, Jyuuki didn't know that Shihna had notice that grin. That damnable grin which was slowly eating her sanity away.

Jyuuki was truly something else... truly something else.

And god, did it piss her off!

Made the waitress wonder what was going to happen next. However her thoughts were screwing with her also; so they decided to betray her. After all the times they spent with one another, Shihna's thoughts had gone against her and joined sides with Jyuuki.

BASTARDS! You'll pay, ya hear me?!

Preparing to toss a spare rag towards her co-worker, Shihna could only stop her actions upon hearing what Jyuuki had to say. After being the one who was actually here on time... THIS is the payment she gets? Foolishness, she says!

"What!? Birthday parties!?" Jyuuki was already on the defense, "Oh hell no! We TALKED about this! I'm allergic to annoyance! And I don't work well with kids. Seriously dude, give the job to Shihna."

Jyuuki smirked evilly and looked towards the huffing and puffing teen.

Revenge.

Best dish served ice cold.

"She told me she loves kids. She can't even wait till she gets the preggors."

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO!

Alright, it was fun at first - but just overhearing that... snapped the thread within her conscience.

Jyuuki had crossed the line and Shihna was certain that there would be hell to pay! Oh yes, there really would be hell to pay... something torturous that would make payback all the better. Yes, it would be perfect. "Birthday Parties... don't even go there, Jyuu. You both know that I nearly slit their throats for pretending to be an army of little thieves. That's what they get for trying to steal my stuff, no doubt."

Just recalling that last party put a smile on her face. Sure, it seemed twisted but it was nothing but random fun in her eyes. Ah, she really was a crazy girl~

"Brats and me don't go well."

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 21 November 2008 - 05:02 AM.

#34 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura~Kitsune @ Nov 20 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jyuuki had crossed the line and Shihna was certain that there would be hell to pay! Oh yes, there really would be hell to pay... something torturous that would make payback all the better. Yes, it would be perfect. "Birthday Parties... don't even go there, Jyuu. You both know that I nearly slit their throats for pretending to be an army of little thieves. That's what they get for trying to steal my stuff, no doubt."

Just recalling that last party put a smile on her face. Sure, it seemed twisted but it was nothing but random fun in her eyes. Ah, she really was a crazy girl~

Jyuuki blinked wordlessly at that teeny smirk on Shihna's face, but then smiled slightly at the memory.

It had been a somewhat hectic day, so she was in NO shape or mentality form to actually deal with kid's that didn't know the difference between a toilet and chair. So, naturally, Shihna had been put on duty-- more like she had volunteered for the hellish job (which the reason why was beyond even Jyuuki)-- happily though, she seemed to be in a happier mood for some reason. Maybe she'd gotten lucky? Pfft Shihna? Yeah righttt. The old man gets more action than the nun-reborn teen.

Anyway, Shihna got the job. Though she hadn't known that this time around we'd gotten business with one of the family that over-compensated their kid with lavish gifts to make up for lack of intangible love. And what did that mean? EXTRAVAGANCE! And what did that mean? HELL ON EARTH! Okay okay, the young teen isn't a total hater the happiness of a child, but those kinds of parties where everything is overdone, way too flashy, way too ... irrelevant? Seriously what? Why couldn't a kid be happy with their family? Games, laughing, and cake? C'mon. But I digress, here she was, watching Shihna handle the chaos from the upstairs section balcony. With a smile.

Then a bellow of laughter when Cid had to stop Shihna from sharpening the kitchen knife on some of those kid's necks.

Man, what a day.

Needed popcorn.

"Brats and me don't go well."

At this Jyuuki suddenly snorted.

"Shihn!," she started in mock-surprise, holding a hand to her frightened (pfft) heart, "How can you have such low self-esteem! We don't have a 12 step program here, yanno that! Do you wanna talk about how you don't go well with yourself?"

Jyuuki's teeth glinted as she smirked, while slowly making her way towards her fellow employee. She stopped infront of her slowly seething, dark-skinned buddy. Usually words could set the both of them off like dynamite but, sometimes?

Actions just speak louder.

The boisterious bartender reached up and grabbed ahold both darkened cheeks on her frienemy's face and pulled and stretched the aforementioned face-parts happily, "It's not healthy!"

Oh they so speak louder.

QUOTE (Pite @ Nov 20 2008, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Hehehe... Maybe they should, you're like those kids from the Easter Snow fields, being able to imbibe alcohol since young age. Maybe we should see who can drink the most one day, shally we?" He said sipping his drink. Then he saw the cacophony of noise and energy, anger and vengence in less than 5 minutes. Eh, kids. Thus so he continued to watch the flood of emotion of the staff of the shop. It felt like watching a crack comedy, for free! He sat back anjoyed the view.

WAIT.

WAS THAT A CHALLENGE I HEARD?

/thoughts

(you're move, babycakes. xD)

#35 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:46 AM

See, this is why Cid kept the two around, even with the fact that Shinha and Jyu gave him a headache that rivaled the tallest mountain back on land. That and even if they didn't know it, their antics distracted him from darker thoughts of his past. Deciding that the bar was too quiet, he let the two have their fight, all that energy have to die down...right? He ignored the shiver of fear that went down his spine. Just as long as they don't start throwing glasses and bottles it'll be fine. Then, squeak Damn it! That vein popped up again.... Turns out there really was a rat
'Where's my F***ing spear' Cid thought angrily.... No rat will dare take shelter in his airship!!!

(OOC:Sorry if it's not as long as your guys's)

#36 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 20 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jyuuki blinked wordlessly at that teeny smirk on Shihna's face, but then smiled slightly at the memory.

It had been a somewhat hectic day, so she was in NO shape or mentality form to actually deal with kid's that didn't know the difference between a toilet and chair. So, naturally, Shihna had been put on duty-- more like she had volunteered for the hellish job (which the reason why was beyond even Jyuuki)-- happily though, she seemed to be in a happier mood for some reason. Maybe she'd gotten lucky? Pfft Shihna? Yeah righttt. The old man gets more action than the nun-reborn teen.

Anyway, Shihna got the job. Though she hadn't known that this time around we'd gotten business with one of the family that over-compensated their kid with lavish gifts to make up for lack of intangible love. And what did that mean? EXTRAVAGANCE! And what did that mean? HELL ON EARTH! Okay okay, the young teen isn't a total hater the happiness of a child, but those kinds of parties where everything is overdone, way too flashy, way too ... irrelevant? Seriously what? Why couldn't a kid be happy with their family? Games, laughing, and cake? C'mon. But I digress, here she was, watching Shihna handle the chaos from the upstairs section balcony. With a smile.

Then a bellow of laughter when Cid had to stop Shihna from sharpening the kitchen knife on some of those kid's necks.

Man, what a day.

Needed popcorn.

At this Jyuuki suddenly snorted.

"Shihn!," she started in mock-surprise, holding a hand to her frightened (pfft) heart, "How can you have such low self-esteem! We don't have a 12 step program here, yanno that! Do you wanna talk about how you don't go well with yourself?"

Jyuuki's teeth glinted as she smirked, while slowly making her way towards her fellow employee. She stopped infront of her slowly seething, dark-skinned buddy. Usually words could set the both of them off like dynamite but, sometimes?

Actions just speak louder.

The boisterious bartender reached up and grabbed ahold both darkened cheeks on her frienemy's face and pulled and stretched the aforementioned face-parts happily, "It's not healthy!"

Oh they so speak louder.

WAIT.

WAS THAT A CHALLENGE I HEARD?

/thoughts

(you're move, babycakes. xD)

Hmmm... Draco felt something chilly down his spine. Normally it would mean a horde of hostiles ready to kill him. Hmm... Interesting. He finished his drink and put the glass down on the bar table. Undid his torso armor and left it at the side of his chair. His armor less torso had a simple black E.I.(Empire issue) shirt.

"Maybe you wanna try tonite. You choose what liquor Skittles" He said with a grin.

#37 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Pite @ Nov 23 2008, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... Draco felt something chilly down his spine. Normally it would mean a horde of hostiles ready to kill him. Hmm... Interesting. He finished his drink and put the glass down on the bar table. Undid his torso armor and left it at the side of his chair. His armor less torso had a simple black E.I.(Empire issue) shirt.

"Maybe you wanna try tonite. You choose what liquor Skittles" He said with a grin.

Jyuuki stopped laughing and pulling at Shihna's cheeks as soon her first customer of the day's taunt tickled her ears. She blinked into her co-worker's squeezed-shut eyes as that tell-tale rush of that bubbling need to prove her worth, the need to pummel the snot out of her opponent, the need to win.

Yeah, you could say this former ninja was a teeny bit competitive.

Recharged and in sort of a blind-rage mode, Jyuuki shoved her fellow employee back away and grinned cheekily at her customer now-turned opponent, somewhat setting her declaration by moving all that were close to her so a metaphorical spotlight could shine down upon her mussed hair. Snickering abit, the teen rose her arm in the air and shot it down, finishing in a deathly index-fingered point at the war-man.

"YOU'RE ON!" Jyuuki shouted before she stepped back to the bar and grabbed the guy by his collar, before bringing him close. You could say she goes through extreme measures to prove her point. Anyway, she pulled at his collar and (with a bit of a struggle) moved him closer to her. His eyes were amused and he grinned nonetheless, humoring her maybe, who cared? Jyuuki was getting to the point. Said bartender lowered her voice and replied chillingly, "...you have NO idea what you've just gotten yourself into, buddy."

He really didn't. Jyuuki's alcohol tolerance beat out the proven facts of how much she weighed or how tall she was affects how less her tolerance would be. It was better not to ask how that was even possible, things like statistics and facts usually were thrown out the window and/or pooped all over by the angryfais'd Chocobo down the street when it came to Jyuuki. Either way, it helped that she was a bartender.

A sneaky bartender that had a tongue for booze.

Jyuuki's teeth glinted as she grinned once more, her hazel eyes bursting with a fire that only quelled when she was in a position like this. "Me first, huh? What a gentleman." Leaning back, the fiery teen let go of her opponent's collar (before he pressed charges) and smacked a hand on the table, already skimming the list in her mind's eye.

Yeah.

Bartender.

She smacked a gloved hand again on the poor bar-table, turned and climbed up the array of compartments (that held all the booze) and let out a growl of appreciation as she grasped her target and flipped back down. Smirking, the aurburn-locked girl held two medium-sized clear bottles before smacking them down on the bar. She shoved one bottle to her new-found drinking buddy for the afternoon/evening (she really didn't care) and grinned again.

"Vodka Skyy." She murmured, her voice low and challenging (she got like this when it came to stuff like this). She untwisted the cap, noticing the man had done the same, a silent acceptance to the selection already. The clear bottle's top released a small tarty wisp of smoke as oxygen mixed with the released pressure, and with a grin, Jyuuki leaned forward to blow away the cold steam. That grin returned in all it's holier-than-thou-get-ready-to-lose glory. "I figured we should start off slow. Yanno, give me a chance to warm up."

Ahhh, smack talk.

'Tis a beautiful thing.

She grinned and leaned back, already she could hear Cid's vein protesting behind her and Shihna's aghast, though not surprised blanch. Jyuuki continued as she cocked her head to the side, suddenly remembering something important. "Also, two things: One, I needa know the name of the dude I'm gonna beat tonight. And two, this little... wager..."

Her ego could NOT get any bigger, hell, neither her grin as she trailed off letting the air collect. It was as if the world was watching their little drinking match. The sharp-tongued teen raised her eyebrows as she leaned closer, finishing off her breathy reply, "... What's in it for the winner?"

Ahhh, winning.

'Tis a beautiful thing.

((OOC: BWHAHAHHA, piteywightytighties. Just... thank you, for this. You rawk. xD OH and here's what Jyuuki's 'mind-eye' saw: [link]
if we're gonna have a booze-battle, we might as well have a menu amirite? :teehee:

HEY SHAD! i picked a new name and cleaned up the first post abit. hope it's good nuffs 8Db))

#38 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:58 AM

"Oh hell...." Cid slapped his forehead as he halted his attempts at raticide to see the challenge between Jyuuki and his first customer. Damn, he could feel that vein resurface again. "Shin, get the damn 'Fainting Pillow' and put it under Mr. Soldier over here!!" He yelled to his other employee. "Oh and hand me my spear, I gots me a rat to kill!!!" "Just once, a normal day, just once! Ugh...Jyuu, don't overdo it." Cid thought to himself while as he walked towards the basement to hunt down the pest, "Shin, you're in charge! Don't forget my spear." He has better things to do....

(Coolio Krisk, though maybe you can indicate somewhere that it's part of the Sky Crusher RPG)

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 25 November 2008 - 12:58 AM.

#39 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 24 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jyuuki stopped laughing and pulling at Shihna's cheeks as soon her first customer of the day's taunt tickled her ears. She blinked into her co-worker's squeezed-shut eyes as that tell-tale rush of that bubbling need to prove her worth, the need to pummel the snot out of her opponent, the need to win.

Yeah, you could say this former ninja was a teeny bit competitive.

Recharged and in sort of a blind-rage mode, Jyuuki shoved her fellow employee back away and grinned cheekily at her customer now-turned opponent, somewhat setting her declaration by moving all that were close to her so a metaphorical spotlight could shine down upon her mussed hair. Snickering abit, the teen rose her arm in the air and shot it down, finishing in a deathly index-fingered point at the war-man.

"YOU'RE ON!" Jyuuki shouted before she stepped back to the bar and grabbed the guy by his collar, before bringing him close. You could say she goes through extreme measures to prove her point. Anyway, she pulled at his collar and (with a bit of a struggle) moved him closer to her. His eyes were amused and he grinned nonetheless, humoring her maybe, who cared? Jyuuki was getting to the point. Said bartender lowered her voice and replied chillingly, "...you have NO idea what you've just gotten yourself into, buddy."

Shihna rubbed the apple of her cheeks whilst softly glaring at her co-worker. It seemed that the former thief had forgotten what sort of grip Jyuuki possessed - especially when it came to her in particular. Although with widened eyes, her lengthened braid began to rapidly beat against her back upon realizing what was in her possession; not only was Jyuuki getting into a competition with a random customer, but there was a pesky litte rodent that she was 'ordered' to kill. And this rodent was not Jyuuki's little precious Jyon.

Sure, she and the moogle didn't see eye to eye at times, but Shihna could never show pure hatred towards the little guy. Actually reminded her of the little moogle she had as a child... although that was a story to be left in the past...

Corrine did not deserve such a punishment, but it was what her 'mother' thought was best...

Urgh... don't you dare go thinking about that woman...!

With a sly smile, her bare feet carefully brushed across the floor and made their way towards Jyuuki. With ease, even unknowning to her, the nineteen year old leaned towards the ninja, glancing over to that challenging customer for a moment. "Show him what you're made of, my friend~" Was the only thing that released from her pressed lips whilst taking hold of Cid's spear in the process. Still barefoot, Shihna could only laugh at the man who was getting in over his head. He had no idea what would happen whenever someone lured Jyuuki into a competition of the sort. The result, you ask? It would either end with Shihna nearly dying at laughter at the poor sap who really thought they could beat her 'partner in crime' or she would be taking what was left in their wallet. If Jyuuki could drink them under the table... that was the perfect time to take hold of all of the money you can~

What could she say? A natural born thief needs her loot when the time is right; and whenever this waitress returns to find a flustered Jyuuki laughing over a slumped body on the floor... Shihna knew it was her moment. Sure, it was immoral, and SURE Cid was against it all the way: but it was simply her way of life.

Atleast she never attempted to pull out her dagger on them!

How would they feel to wake up either nude as the day they were born (on the outside of their airship) or missing some clothes, here and there? There would be complaints, no doubt... but humorous, none the less.

"I do hope you're prepared for an interesting challenge, love~" That sweetened smile upon her face, showed of either an honest little girl or a hidden demon as she finally spoke to the guy. Which other one it was, didn't really matter... since it was usually a mixture of both. Being the only two waitresses of Cid's Pub proved that these girls were no joke. Especially if you comprehend the fact that these mere 'girls' were chosen out of loads of employees; either older or even more experienced than the two of them. And did anyone even take a chance at noticing that both Jyuuki and Shihna were female?

Now why would you think two teenage girls would decide to spend their youth working for a grouchy old man? Nah, it was nothing like you'd see in one of those crappy Skyboy Bunny ((LOLWUT?! :teehee: )) magazines - because that was just simply wrong in SO MANY LEVELS.

Both of them had enough diginity to know that they weren't THAT desperate!

Still rubbing her right cheek, Shihna didn't mind that she was still missing her shoes. From what she could remember, they were either stored away in her room or at the top of the airship since that was the last place she took a nap... which was pretty relaxing. She enjoyed opened places rather than having to rely on tight surroundings that would remind her of life before birth. Yeah, that wasn't even fun to begin with.

NO SIREE!

Although noticing that Cid had disappeared from the place he once was, Shihna carefully looked around with a confused look coming across her face. Realizing her boss was making his way towards the basement, a shrill squeak released from her insides before rushing over to the man. Oh, she knew that he hated the thought of mice finding their way into the bar and Shihna couldn't help but fear what the man was capable of doing to that poor basement. Wincing at the sore that was growing upon her heel, the girl tried her best to catch up with him.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 24 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Shin, get the damn 'Fainting Pillow' and put it under Mr. Soldier over here!!" He yelled to his other employee. "Oh and hand me my spear, I gots me a rat to kill!!!" "Just once, a normal day, just once! Ugh...Jyuu, don't overdo it." Cid thought to himself while as he walked towards the basement to hunt down the pest, "Shin, you're in charge! Don't forget my spear." He has better things to do....

"CID! WAIT!" Laughing slightly, she twirled the spear within her hands before placing a smile on her face. Although it looked a bit fake (and nervous at the same time), Shihna attempted to calm down the beginning-to-boil man. Placing her warm hand onto his shoulder, she tried her best to relieve the stress in which was overcoming him... this was going to take some time for persuasion - but this rat was going to have to be taken out by her, or else all of them were in trouble... Cid could be scary at times too. Although Jyuuki and Shihna hated to admit such a fact, that was the reason why they never tried to break his 'anger meter'. That would be pretty scary, wouldn't it?

"Here... here... I'll get that dreadful little rat for ya, okay? You can keep watch of Jyuu and that customer, and the spear is yours. I'll take the damn thing out with my lovely dagger~" she replied with a somewhat shakey yet determined voice, using the palms of both hands to push him away from the basement's entrance. Her own sore foot slipping against the floor, Shihna fell back with widened eyes... this was not working out as she wanted it to. Feeling herself falling backward, the girl pulled out the dagger in her back pocket as she continued to fall. Also brushing against the steps, Shihna 'made her way downstairs' feeling her head impact against a sack of dry grapes.

Also noticing a 'squeak' as it made it's way upon the crown of her head, her torso and scurry off into the darkness of the basement.

Well wasn't this great?

"I'LL KILL YOU, YOU DAMN RODENT!!!!"

Oh yes, this was going to be a showdown to the death... Shihna could count on it.

Well isn't this going to be some fun~ <3

Edited by Sakura~Kitsune, 25 November 2008 - 11:53 AM.

#40 Pite

Pite

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Nov 23 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He really didn't. Jyuuki's alcohol tolerance beat out the proven facts of how much she weighed or how tall she was affects how less her tolerance would be. It was better not to ask how that was even possible, things like statistics and facts usually were thrown out the window and/or pooped all over by the angryfais'd Chocobo down the street when it came to Jyuuki. Either way, it helped that she was a bartender.

A sneaky bartender that had a tongue for booze.

Jyuuki's teeth glinted as she grinned once more, her hazel eyes bursting with a fire that only quelled when she was in a position like this. "Me first, huh? What a gentleman." Leaning back, the fiery teen let go of her opponent's collar (before he pressed charges) and smacked a hand on the table, already skimming the list in her mind's eye.

Yeah.

Bartender.

She smacked a gloved hand again on the poor bar-table, turned and climbed up the array of compartments (that held all the booze) and let out a growl of appreciation as she grasped her target and flipped back down. Smirking, the aurburn-locked girl held two medium-sized clear bottles before smacking them down on the bar. She shoved one bottle to her new-found drinking buddy for the afternoon/evening (she really didn't care) and grinned again.

"Vodka Skyy." She murmured, her voice low and challenging (she got like this when it came to stuff like this). She untwisted the cap, noticing the man had done the same, a silent acceptance to the selection already. The clear bottle's top released a small tarty wisp of smoke as oxygen mixed with the released pressure, and with a grin, Jyuuki leaned forward to blow away the cold steam. That grin returned in all it's holier-than-thou-get-ready-to-lose glory. "I figured we should start off slow. Yanno, give me a chance to warm up."

Ahhh, smack talk.

'Tis a beautiful thing.

She grinned and leaned back, already she could hear Cid's vein protesting behind her and Shihna's aghast, though not surprised blanch. Jyuuki continued as she cocked her head to the side, suddenly remembering something important. "Also, two things: One, I needa know the name of the dude I'm gonna beat tonight. And two, this little... wager..."

Her ego could NOT get any bigger, hell, neither her grin as she trailed off letting the air collect. It was as if the world was watching their little drinking match. The sharp-tongued teen raised her eyebrows as she leaned closer, finishing off her breathy reply, "... What's in it for the winner?"

Ahhh, winning.

'Tis a beautiful thing.

Before he poured a small shot of Vodka he said to her with a grin "First things first. Name's Dragomir Vlackovsky. Call me Draco. And I'm not as old as you think." He grinned while light spinnig the small glass of vodka. "Maybe a whole cache of Stolichnaya Vodka paid by the loser. The winner takes the cache." He said with a slighly confident grin, nobody took Draco down yet, ever.

"Shin, get the damn 'Fainting Pillow' and put it under Mr. Soldier over here!!"

"Thanks, but no thanks mate." He said with a smile that said "I-won't-lose-this"
He drank that shot. It'll take while for Draco to fal down drunk. He's from the eastern parts of the world, vodka was water and water was vodka in therms of scasity and usefullness. Thne he poured another shot of it. "So what brought you to this bar eh, Skittles?" He asked drinking it. It wasn't half good as the one he drank back in South Pole, perfectly chilled 41% vodka with a shot of lemon grass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users