Close
Photo

If kishimoto were to come out many many years later and told us the truth of why naruto ended the way it did would you forgive him?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:21 AM

I wanna hear your thoughts about this.

#2 Change

Change

somebody who never wins

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

No

And this is coming from a person who probably stays mad for a few hours or days and then forgives that person for whatever he/she did. However since this ending didn't only affect me, I can't forgive that. He could apologize, explain what happened, and change the ending,but I still won't forgive. Him telling the truth doesn't change what he did. 

Edited by TheMagicConch, 18 February 2015 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

#3 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

No. Even if changes the ending(which would be better than the original) I still won't forgive him and I'm a Christian. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#4 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

Still I am waiting for Jin to explain why Harima didn't confess from  School Rumble.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#5 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

Well we have to consider two things: 

1. Is he telling the truth. 

2. Is he only saying this because it was a flop? 

And then that's going to open a another huge can of heated debates. He's already lied before, why not lie again to paint himself in a better light?  

And I don't think anyone could ever be forgiven for what he did. To end 15 years of hard work and dedication with a movie about a secondary character; to have a distant future where the main heroine is portrayed in the worse light; to only announce the ending a month before it's due; to forget very important details in character design even though you had 2 years worth of planning; to humiliate and entire fanbase and disregard plot holes in your work....

No the list of mistakes is too long for him to be forgiven. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#6 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

Nope.

He broke my heart too much to be forgiven. -_-

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#7 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

If I ever meet him I will say to him....

giphy.gif

But I won't kiss him. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#8 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

He sold out and destroyed 15 years worth of foreshadowing and development. He's nothing but a spineless coward.

Nothing he says or does would EVER make me forgive him.

#9 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:18 AM

http://meganezaru.tu...-nrt-fan-locked

Read. 

If this is true, then all I can really say is that I'm not surprised. I mean the editors were rude as h*ll after the ending came out anyway. And this still doesn't excuse the fact that chapter 700 and The Last exists.

Squad Roll call :

#10 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Read. 

If this is true, then all I can really say is that I'm not surprised. I mean the editors were rude as h*ll after the ending came out anyway. And this still doesn't excuse the fact that chapter 700 and The Last exists.

Okay im hearing some good thoughts about if kishi should be forgiven and i do agree with the one's who think destroying 15 years of work like this is a huge mess thats not to be forgiven so easily .

As for the link you posted pix thats a very interesting read kishi might have been over pressured to change the ending to fit the companys liking as for getting pressured by hinata's fan like that must haved had kishi give up on sakura so easily. You know if he did in fact had one pairing in mind in the beginning  and stuck with it. Without adding another love interest in narutos life that kishi has no interest to develop it he could have avoided making a complex love triangle and hinata would have never ever existed.\

Wait the editors were rude after the ending? can i see a source for it?

Edited by rikakim94, 18 February 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#11 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

Okay im hearing some good thoughts about if kishi should be forgiven and i do agree with the one's who think destroying 15 years of work like this is a huge mess thats not to be forgiven so easily .

As for the link you posted pix thats a very interesting read kishi might have been over pressured to change the ending to fit the companys liking as for getting pressured by hinata's fan like that must haved had kishi give up on sakura so easily. You know if he did in fact had one pairing in mind in the beginning  and stuck with it. Without adding another love interest in narutos life that kishi has no interest to develop it he could have avoided making a complex love triangle and hinata would have never ever existed.

Honestly all of this drama sounds like one big trilogy. I still would never fall into peer pressure because at the end of the day, you're supposed to make art for you, not for anyone else. If this is true then it's a horrible tragedy. He couldn't even end it the way he wanted to...

Squad Roll call :

#12 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

It would depend on how much control he actually had over his story by the end.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#13 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

Read. 

I think I would rather just believe the words of the author himself, but this does seem like the type of thing Hinata fans would do. It's mind boggling how so many people care that much about a kitten character. :zaru:

Edited by Elicit, 18 February 2015 - 09:11 AM.

#14 pumyte

pumyte

PumyteH

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

It actually depends of what he would tell us :D.
But I honestly don't believe his truth would be "I did it for money lol"
It just doesn't make sense the way he did it
pixel_shinachiku_uzumaki_by_pumyteh-dbs3

#15 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

gonna forgive him, after giving him a kick to the balls
6r1oag.jpg

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Maybe. but by that point I really wouldn't care cause it doesn't change anything we're only given an explanation. It doesn't undo the damage, and I've already stopped caring about this series already

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 February 2015 - 01:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#17 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

This is honestly really hard for me to say, I mean already I'm caring less and less about the series and where it goes, but I still check from time to time. If Kishi did come out with some explanation that pointed to him having to change his ending then I'd have closure, but chapter 700,The Last, and Burrito and his kid sister whats her face, would always exists and no explanation or apology could make those abominations disappear from existence. So I guess I'd listen to what he'd have to say but after that I'd still have a bad taste in my mouth. In a sense Kishi should have never put any of us in this position to begin with. I not once thought that I'd look at him or Naruto with disgust, but here we are. So yeah if he had something to say I guess I'd listen, officially close that chapter of my life, and move on, but it will always hurt, and it's because of that that I can't forgive him.

Edited by Konohakitten, 18 February 2015 - 04:21 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Depends on what his reasoning is, and how honest he is about it. Though I doubt I'd completely forgive him, I'd still expect him to have a stronger resolve but who knows how the industry works in Japan, so he might not have much choice.

I have lost allot of respect for Japan's entertainment industry quite a bit over the years, from the slave labour type hours of their animaters, to their nickel and diming their consumers, to too many of their new franchises being similar to the next thing, to over use of cliche's. to a lack of innovation, and them spending more time squeezing the shrinking market for all it's worth rather than trying to appeal to a new fanbase.

The ending for Naruto has left a mark on the industry, and SP may not realise it, but the corporate greed that they so blatently displayed for the end could end up hurting not just them but the entire Manga and Anime Industry, Naruto was the poster child for foreigners to get introduced to Manga, it was safe, it didn't use the perverted chilche's of big boobs and harems to get you hooked, rather it drew you in with a emotionally driven narative with action...but the end killed allot of that...and if Naruto can no longer be a starting point, then really there is no other, I love One Piece but i'm not going to use that as a good example to start with, largely down to it's female charactors being waay too top heavy to recommend to youngsters.

iAnby7W.gif

#19 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

Depends on what his reasoning is, and how honest he is about it. Though I doubt I'd completely forgive him, I'd still expect him to have a stronger resolve but who knows how the industry works in Japan, so he might not have much choice.

I have lost allot of respect for Japan's entertainment industry quite a bit over the years, from the slave labour type hours of their animaters, to their nickel and diming their consumers, to too many of their new franchises being similar to the next thing, to over use of cliche's. to a lack of innovation, and them spending more time squeezing the shrinking market for all it's worth rather than trying to appeal to a new fanbase.

The ending for Naruto has left a mark on the industry, and SP may not realise it, but the corporate greed that they so blatently displayed for the end could end up hurting not just them but the entire Manga and Anime Industry, Naruto was the poster child for foreigners to get introduced to Manga, it was safe, it didn't use the perverted chilche's of big boobs and harems to get you hooked, rather it drew you in with a emotionally driven narative with action...but the end killed allot of that...and if Naruto can no longer be a starting point, then really there is no other, I love One Piece but i'm not going to use that as a good example to start with, largely down to it's female charactors being waay too top heavy to recommend to youngsters.

Bull's eye. 

I have a friend who decided to give up on all anime/manga after Naruto. She literally told me that it's because all anime nowadays are the same. The only type of creativity she could find is in the creations made back in 90's and early 2000's. And I really can't argue with her because it's true.  

Some will blame it on the mass collection of free manga and anime watching sites of the new internet, but I find that to be somewhat hypocritical. If anything, these same sites are what gave anime/manga a new form of worldwide exposure. The merchandise sells have risen. Just like music and movies, anime and manga will have to find a way to stabilize their industry in a new age where copyright laws won't exist. 

And that's essentially what they're doing right now. And that's one of the main reasons why everything nowadays is basically the same thing. This is the anime industry's answer to dealing with an age of free media. But I personally think that it's destroying the market as a whole. Things like Spirited Away would sell a thousand times quicker than things like Kiss x Sis.  

It's happening to the gaming industry worldwide as well. FPS games have dominated the gaming market, so much so that the same games with the same models are being released every year, just under a new name. When it comes to creating games, it takes time and patience in order for a good one with cinema like visuals to come out. But what would that mean for the gaming industry's income? And with the new technology they're willing to use, they have to continuously bank in just for it to stay running. But in return the indie game industry is booming. Why? Because originality always wins. 

As for Naruto I'd say that it's reputation is destroyed. It will now go down in history as one of the most successful franchises in manga/anime but also a reflection on the culture of fandoms and how money and otakus have dominated the anime industry. Anime as a whole won't survive going down the route it's going. Like I've said, originality will always win.

Squad Roll call :

#20 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

Bull's eye. 

I have a friend who decided to give up on all anime/manga after Naruto. She literally told me that it's because all anime nowadays are the same. The only type of creativity she could find is in the creations made back in 90's and early 2000's. And I really can't argue with her because it's true.  

Some will blame it on the mass collection of free manga and anime watching sites of the new internet, but I find that to be somewhat hypocritical. If anything, these same sites are what gave anime/manga a new form of worldwide exposure. The merchandise sells have risen. Just like music and movies, anime and manga will have to find a way to stabilize their industry in a new age where copyright laws won't exist. 

And that's essentially what they're doing right now. And that's one of the main reasons why everything nowadays is basically the same thing. This is the anime industry's answer to dealing with an age of free media. But I personally think that it's destroying the market as a whole. Things like Spirited Away would sell a thousand times quicker than things like Kiss x Sis.  

It's happening to the gaming industry worldwide as well. FPS games have dominated the gaming market, so much so that the same games with the same models are being released every year, just under a new name. When it comes to creating games, it takes time and patience in order for a good one with cinema like visuals to come out. But what would that mean for the gaming industry's income? And with the new technology they're willing to use, they have to continuously bank in just for it to stay running. But in return the indie game industry is booming. Why? Because originality always wins. 

As for Naruto I'd say that it's reputation is destroyed. It will now go down in history as one of the most successful franchises in manga/anime but also a reflection on the culture of fandoms and how money and otakus have dominated the anime industry. Anime as a whole won't survive going down the route it's going. Like I've said, originality will always win.

I fall into your friends boat. This isn't the first time I've had to sit through a retarded ending (or final act) that in no way reflects the potential of the rest of the narrative, but I've grown very tired of it. And to see Kishimoto do what he did these characters I've grown up just made me lose all faith in the manga/anime industry entirely. Don't get me wrong. I think I'll see read One Piece, but besides that, I'm done.

I don't care whether Kishi comes out and admits anything or not. The damage has already been done and no amount of self-serving excuses are going to change that.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 18 February 2015 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users