168 replies to this topic

#1 Paiin

Paiin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

For me, it was the scene after naruto was back in the village after he defeated pain. This would have been the perfect moment for a kiss beetween him and sakura, but instead she "just" gave him a hug. 

I didn't realise it at first, but after finishing naruto, I'm seeing this as the point where I slowly started to drown in an ozean of salt.

After the pain arc I had the feeling that all the NS moments from narutos training, the orochimaru fight, the words of Sai and Yamato and sakuras own new thoughts and feelings had completely become unimportant because somehow Sakura was more and more into Sasuke again for no rational reason.

What do you think?

#2 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

Nah, that's was a really tender moment between the two. The story legitimately could have ended right there, and no one would have been surprised if NS happened. That was one of the better NS moments. NS started to die when Sakura discarded all respect for Naruto's feelings about her in the Land of Iron. Looking back, following that, her "confession" wasnt even addressed during the rest of the series. She didn't even apologize for lying tic him and treating him like that, and that whole scene seems like a rift now that I think about it.

And then you get all the BS with Sakura during the war, like that ridiculous love letter scene, her pining over Sasuke after his treatment of her against madara, etc.

But the death knell was when Sakura, after all the things Sasuke had done and was guilty of, started crying about Sasuke in front of Naruto. If I recall correctly, she even looked at Naruto just before doing it. If Sakura hadn't learned that Sasuke was trash by then, she was never going to learn.

Edited by AHK, 27 September 2016 - 07:07 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#3 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

NS died in the idea of Kishimoto and SP has to handle the story (The Last)forgetting Naruto deep feelings like ''I can't  confess" changing that for "My concept of love is similar  that I have for Ramen". 

Edited by Liu bie, 27 September 2016 - 07:15 PM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:28 PM

Well, I have to admit I started having some doubts about it in the chapters following the whole Land of Iron/Meet up with Sasuke. The fact that Kishi never bothered to write a bit of dialogue between the two never really sat well with me. But at the same time, I kept going with it. I had gotten to a point where I expected Kishi not to have many romantic conversations between characters so I just put it on the back burner and let things develop.

I also understood that it would take time for Naruto and Sakura to actually discuss anything for a while, especially with the war going on. I even kept going with the pairing after Hinata held Naruto's hand, since around the same time we had Naruto's comments about Sakura being somewhat his girlfriend. 

So, to this day, I still think that NaruSaku didn't technically "die" until it actually did in the final/epilogue chapters. It remains the reason why I (and many others) found the ending to be a train wreck. Sasuke gives a half-assed apology and Sakura immediately forgives him and even opts to travel with him when he decides to leave.

Meanwhile, we have Naruto end up with Hinata when the last two chapters didn't even show any sort of romantic conversation between the two, heck the epilogue chapter didn't even show Naruto spend time with his wife.

NaruSaku didn't die until the very end. It was an abrupt end to that relationship, an easy start to the SasuSaku relationship and a rushed beginning for the NaruHina one.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

Technically in the epilogue. The development kept on increasing despite the confession. If they were affected negatively emotionally or Naruto got hurt emotionally from Sakura, we would see the development being stopped. But, the contrary happened.

#6 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:19 AM

I think, for me, it died at 699-700. When it was confirmed over. Although I had terrible feelings when the end was nearing. Especially when Sakura, out of nowhere (seriously, this scene was baffling and insulting) started crying over Sasuke, begging him to come back once more just before he genjitsu'd her through the heart. Half of me expected that to be the end of SasuSaku but the other half had a bad feeling about it. It should have been the end of SasuSaku. It was just a repeat of Sakura's confession in Part 1 before Sasuke left Konoha. 

Even if NaruSaku died in canon, it lives on in my heart as what was supposed to be canon.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#7 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:25 AM

Honestly for me NaruSaku died when Sakura confessed to Sasuke about still loving him in 693. I knew there was no way it could recover because they forced Sakura to turn back into the Sasuke fan girl she tried so hard to escape from since the end of Naruto and into Shippuden, but alias Kishimoto thought Sakura could never change her feelings for Sasuke.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#8 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

The confession was real and Sakura actually had feelings for Naruto.,the only lying Sakura did was about Sasuke to free him from the promise of a lifetime. Narusaku died for me when Sakura confessed to Sasuke about still loving him in 693 and when Naruto was holding hands with Hinata..

Edited by DeathGodMack, 28 September 2016 - 07:47 AM.

Posted Image

#9 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:53 AM

The thing that baffles me the most in this series is the SS happening. No human, unless he / she is derived, would make this pairing, but many things are unfair on this planet.

Edited by T XD, 29 September 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#10 Paiin

Paiin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

I have the feeling that the main reason for the death of narusaku was the whole boruto thing. I mean it totally does make sense... With the byakugan naruhina child an the sakusasu sharingan salad, the new series has a lot better selling potential considering the amount of naruhina and sakusasu fans out there. For my own sanity I have to belive that the decision against narusaku was made to get the most cash out of the boruto series. It seems to me that the ending parts of naruto were really weird and some of the characters (especially sakura) lost all their character evolution in an instant for no logical reason. Maybe all the narusaku hints and moments like the kushina similarity or the minato advice were kind of a rebellion of kishi against the power of the monyseeking management that forced him to end naruto the way it did.. Maybe the "kiss" of sakura to naruto when she healed him was a last little gift for the narusaku shippers...

But maybe thats just me wishing that naruto should have gotten "the girl" .. I mean even kishis wife was narusaku shipper..

#11 Paiin

Paiin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

The confession was real and Sakura actually had feelings for Naruto.,the only lying Sakura did was about Sasuke to free him from the promise of a lifetime. Narusaku died for me when Sakura confessed to Sasuke about still loving him in 693 and when Naruto was holding hands with Hinata..

That was what I thought too because most of the things sakura said were really the truth... the circumstances were just the worst ever :D

#12 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

I have the feeling that the main reason for the death of narusaku was the whole boruto thing. I mean it totally does make sense... With the byakugan naruhina child an the sakusasu sharingan salad, the new series has a lot better selling potential considering the amount of naruhina and sakusasu fans out there. For my own sanity I have to belive that the decision against narusaku was made to get the most cash out of the boruto series. It seems to me that the ending parts of naruto were really weird and some of the characters (especially sakura) lost all their character evolution in an instant for no logical reason. Maybe all the narusaku hints and moments like the kushina similarity or the minato advice were kind of a rebellion of kishi against the power of the monyseeking management that forced him to end naruto the way it did.. Maybe the "kiss" of sakura to naruto when she healed him was a last little gift for the narusaku shippers...

But maybe thats just me wishing that naruto should have gotten "the girl" .. I mean even kishis wife was narusaku shipper..

And. Everything is just a business decision that forced Kishi's hand to the point that he got fed up and had to sell his soul to the devil just to get away from this franchise. According to him (Kishi's final input on NH), NH was decided during the middle of the manga, which make sense that they wanted to do a Boruto series. And just after chapter 700 was released, one of Kishi's assistant squealed and proclaimed that the ending just decided three months prior to the ending, meaning Kishi could have gone along with it and develop both NH and SS throughout the manga.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

To me, it was chapter 693, though like recent Bleach ending, it was a moment of don't want to believe because it is a bad writing all in all. The problem with Kishi's writing is that it's vague that you don't know what direction the characters were supposed to be heading. Once it all ended, you can see a better picture, sort of, looking back and it's an ugly one. Many of which are literally filler (love letter), many of sympathetic moments not to the character but to the relationship.

One of greater weakness is that we supposedly to believe this and that when the background has either no substance or done amazingly poor. So, when 693 happened, I didn't want to believe a bad writing can really stoop this low, so I kept my front for you to stay positive and think another possibility. Sadly, Kishi has that look of "Huh?" when it comes to saying something that we thought he was writing something "deep." Instead, it was simple yet executed horribly.

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Bolded: What you said is the most probable reason why things got messy starting near the end.

By what Kishimoto said in his interviews, it seems that he had no other choice but to change what he wanted originally to do in the manga. Usually, studios and anime companies do this for keeping the selling and business going well.

He didn't work on any of the ending pairings toward a path where they could be shown to the audience with no confusion.

The contrary was happening. NS kept getting moments and parallels till near the ending. Whereas, NH had two recalling moments, Hinata's confession and the hand holding, where they were one sided from Hinata and nothing shown from Naruto.

Conclusion: NH happened.

SS, well, Sasuke being aggressive and what with it all, then him magically having affection to poke her forehead, and Sakura's character development flew out the window in a blink of an eye. 

Conclusion: SS happened.

You can see that Kishimoto didn't do as much as he invested for NS.

In short words, something or things happened with Kishimoto that made him do this.

Edited by T XD, 28 September 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#15 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

She might have had burgeoning feelings towards Naruto at that time, but no, the confession was fake. It was her attempt to emotionally manipulate Naruto. There was nothing real about it.

@Paiin, I don't think it had anything to doctors with Boruto, because Kishi had checked out at that point. He may oversee the stuff now, but he doesn't write it. If anything, it would have been for the sales of the movie, which is why they allowed people to preorder tickets and then refused refunds when spoilers came out

EXL5X4B.png

#16 Paiin

Paiin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

@AHK I meant that he maybe had to sign a contract wich forced him to do that kind of pairings in the end to make boruto more profitable.

#17 Paiin

Paiin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

But in general in my opinion something got lost with the end of the pain arc.. I can't really describe it but from thereon I missed the certain something that made naruto so special...

did anything happen with an important staff member or anything like that at that time ? because there is a difference between pre- and post pain arc for sure..

Edited by Paiin, 28 September 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#18 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

The editor, Yahagi, left right at the end of the pain arc

EXL5X4B.png

#19 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

But in general in my opinion something got lost with the end of the pain arc.. I can't really describe it but from thereon I missed the certain something that made naruto so special...
did anything happen with an important staff member or anything like that at that time ? because there is a difference between pre- and post pain arc for sure..

The editor that was with Kishimoto from the start till Pein arc left. I think his name is Hayagi or something like that. Yeah, differences can be seen.

Yeah, that's the name.

Edited by T XD, 28 September 2016 - 08:34 PM.

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

Actually, right after Itachi vs. Sasuke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users