Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Translation credits to cmertb

To all our readers
There are now many people unjustly posting copies of manga on the internet. These unjust copies are inconsistent with mangakas' feelings. They are also distorting the authors' intentions of "I want the work to be read this way". The actions of posting these unjust copies on the net, into which the mangakas have poured their hearts, are not only hurting mangakas in real life but are also against the law, even if done in a light-hearted manner. Every time we discover such "unjust copies", we talk to the mangaka and consider every possible countermeasure. But the number of inconsiderate people is great, and at present we cannot deal with all of them. We have a request for all our readers. The unjust internet copies are deeply hurting the manga culture, mangakas' rights, and even mangakas' souls. Please understand once again that all of that is against the law. Also, the mangakas and Shueisha will severely deal with any unjust copies found on the internet. We ask that our readers please continue to support us.

~Weekly Shounen Jump editorial department

Crap.... this is bad... bad.... REALLY BAD!!!! a_shifty.gif how are we gonna read mangas now!!?? shamefulcry0js.gif From what I've heard, it's a good thing mangastream has a private raw provider. So, that means it'll be harder to track the guy. But this will surely affect the other mangas.... (although I'm not worried for non-WSJ titles)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Oh damn! This is bad! What're we gonna do if they take Naruto off D,: oh no! Thank God I buy the Manga pictureem0.gif

But still! I wanna read on a weekly bases, this isn't good bahh! *dies*

#3 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Apr 17 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crap.... this is bad... bad.... REALLY BAD!!!! a_shifty.gif how are we gonna read mangas now!!?? shamefulcry0js.gif From what I've heard, it's a good thing mangastream has a private raw provider. So, that means it'll be harder to track the guy. But this will surely affect the other mangas.... (although I'm not worried for non-WSJ titles)

Uh...you know, you could actually buy it.

Nobody here is entitled to free Naruto.

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

If you can still download anime, games, movies, music, software, television, etc; after the constant copyright infringement warnings from major corporations since the beginning of the internet, then I'm sure manga isn't leaving anytime soon.

#5 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (True @ Apr 17 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you can still download anime, games, movies, music, software, television, etc; after the constant copyright infringement warnings from major corporations since the beginning of the internet, then I'm sure manga isn't leaving anytime soon.

I love you. Ha-ha just kidding, good point :1

Not that I ever did any of those... I buy the Manga and episodes :3 *halo above head* well... I do read Naruto online though too. *Horns*

#6 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

Companies do this all the time when they feel they aren't doing well and want to protect their properties. I don't blame them entirely, but it is pretty much impossible to do. I'd argue that piracy of manga online isn't as significant as other properties, because you can easily walk into a bookstore and read a volume for free anyway, but that's just me.

Of course, if you claim you do enjoy the series, you should buy a few volumes here and there.

#7 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

Oh, s**t!!! It's hard to buy manga in Greece. And expensive... sad.gif

#8 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

It's not a big deal. It's not going to stop anytime soon. Do you think anyone actually obeys these rules?

You can buy the manga anyways.

#9 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

lol, silly kids, corporation warnings are for those who don't properly hide behind proxies while releasing their raws. Also take mind that, Japanese companies have no hold on things outside of their country. The one we would have to worry bout is Viz.

#10 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 17 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, silly kids, corporation warnings are for those who don't properly hide behind proxies while releasing their raws. Also take mind that, Japanese companies have no hold on things outside of their country. The one we would have to worry bout is Viz.

Hm... that's interesting. I had no idea.
And something I notice when reading manga on OneManga is that there is always a copy right warning, saying that they have permission:
Naruto is licensed in the United States by VIZ Media. Please support the publishers that bring our favorite manga titles to the US by purchasing the official Naruto manga volumes when they are available in your area.

#11 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Apr 17 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest I wouldn't worry about Viz either. Because the current manga issue isn't anywhere near where the official US translated Manga is at. Most likely when the series is very much over it will become harder to get Naruto manga.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,841 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 17 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest I wouldn't worry about Viz either. Because the current manga issue isn't anywhere near where the official US translated Manga is at. Most likely when the series is very much over it will become harder to get Naruto manga.

Actually, the US manga is about 10-12 chapters near the current Japanese manga (in the US Shonen Jump magazine not book format) because Viz had done those "speed up manga releases" twice for the series. Last issue I had and read was during the Pain arc and that was last year before Winter. So I believe right now, the US version right before or beginning of the Sasuke Vs. Danzou fight.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

The irony... I legit just bought Volume 46 hm, 20 minutes ago? :,) Barnes & Nobles ripped me off! It says 9.99 in US but I had to pay Canadian price... Say wha-?
VIZ should at least be happy I'm buying them... I mean, I have them all online free :3 though I must say the the Volumes in person make more sense and are better lookin' kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#14 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

Yeah they shutted raw-paradise.com down. They were providing raws and releasing companies private release date information several weeks in advance.

At least mangastream has their own raw provider and still haven't been caught yet. smile.gif

#15 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Oh snap, they finally caught on to the evil of the interwebz after we have been so covert about it since the 1990's.
We have "secretly" leeched manga for a good 15 years +, and they have known for ages that the internet is crawling with pirates, so don't worry kids, it will be alright. RAWs are usually pretty easy to come by, so there's no chance in hell that this will change anything.

#16 demonfox04

demonfox04

The Don - 'Nuff Said

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

They speak but they don't do much. Music is the hugest issue in terms of piracy & they still haven't been able to stop that, so I honestly wonder how much they can do in terms of manga.

Where there is a will, there is a way. tongue.gif They can shut down a few places, only more will pop up in their place. The beauty of the internet. x]

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now, you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Whether 1 and 15 or 15 and 1, Superbowl or Toiletbowl...those are my Boys. Ain't no bandwagon here. GO COWBOYS!!!

#17 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

Like anything else, if they -really- wanted to be savvy about it, then they could have it all online, translated in every language, and sell it directly on whatever website they choose directly to the consumer as soon as a designated release-date hits. Of course it would still be pirated, but the number of appreciative people who would actually jump on the chance to pay for it to get it -immediately- would likely be staggering.

But then you have archaic copyright laws that don't make any sense, as well as differing international rules on trade which add so much useless tape to the process that I doubt we'll ever see anything like that. It's one thing to have national pride, I guess, but varying release dates is one thing I've never understood. Our world is so advanced in so many ways, but yet so ass-backwards in others, it's appalling.

Ah well, getting off topic. There will always be a way to get it, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. At the worst, scanlations will be pushed back to the actual release date in Japan, but they won't stop as long as there is interest.

#18 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 17 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, the US manga is about 10-12 chapters near the current Japanese manga (in the US Shonen Jump magazine not book format) because Viz had done those "speed up manga releases" twice for the series. Last issue I had and read was during the Pain arc and that was last year before Winter. So I believe right now, the US version right before or beginning of the Sasuke Vs. Danzou fight.

The last version I looked at the last chapter was the sasuke/raikage fight.

on topic: I would agree that Jast is stateing the only truly viable idea. Viz is trying it with the anime being subbed only a week after airing. so in theory viz could translate each chapter with in a week and charge maybe .99 cents or something per chapter (monthly subscription of 3.99?) for the idea of reading a chapter at least a week behind japan.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#19 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:10 AM

Apparently, this message was released because some bozo on mangastream congratulated Kubo on his 400th chapter on twitter. (sorry, mangastream, I respect you guys but that was the dumbest move I've ever seen in my life) He congratulated him BEFORE the chapter even came out in Japan. Then, again... it was also thanks to the Nick Simmons case we found out Kubo has a twitter. So, it created a domino effect of sorts.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Apr 18 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently, this message was released because some bozo on mangastream congratulated Kubo on his 400th chapter on twitter. (sorry, mangastream, I respect you guys but that was the dumbest move I've ever seen in my life) He congratulated him BEFORE the chapter even came out in Japan. Then, again... it was also thanks to the Nick Simmons case we found out Kubo has a twitter. So, it created a domino effect of sorts.

All of the Raws scans we get comes from the early jump subscribers in Japan, that get the issue before the store release so it was out in Japan. Kubo was curious seeing someone from another country with the Jap early subscribers raw. Which is still kind of stupid because all Kubo has to do, is use a search engine site and see were people from outher countries have the Jap raw scans/chapter before the store release.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 18 April 2010 - 06:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users