queen-harley.tumblr.com

#3 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hm, hard to say. LoK usually had the more developed and layered villains. Ozai was kind of the stereotypical big bad of the series that just wanted to take over half of the world and destroy the rest of it just for the hell of it I guess. Most of the Korra villains were not bad through and through. They had a good idea and goal, it's just their twisted agenda and view of how to make it happen that was bad. I always found those kind of fanatics most interesting and I have to say Zaheer is by far my favorite villain in both series. Azula is a close second, though.

#4 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Atla has great villains. My fave is Azula, although her closure was a bit bland. Ozai isn't really a compelling villain imo, he's the typical voldemort darkness trying to take over the world. bleh.

The villains in LoK are great once introduced, but their complexity flattens as the seasons go on. Whatever happened to the equalists? They had a point ya know. RC got a president, but I wish we'd gotten a real conclusion on that conflict. It was only in season 4 that Korra realized her enemies had good intentions that she could learn from, I guess late is better than never.

ナルサク

#5 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

azula > lok

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#6 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

LoK is good but it just never amounted to the heart and soul that was Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 20 December 2014 - 11:48 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#7 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

LOK hands down. 

I dont think you can compare Azula and Ozai to Amon, Zaheer, and Kuvira + Gazan, Ming, P' li 

43iduct.jpg

#8 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

LoK is good but it just never amounted to the heart and soul that was The Last Airbender.

This. In the end I'm just more attached to A:TLA's characters and story than I ever could be to LOK. As for villains, Ozai isn't terribly compelling, but Azula tops them all for me. The villain I was most disappointed in was Zaheer, he started out good but ended up feeling a bit flat to me.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 20 December 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#9 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

I liked LoK villains better because it wasn't their force that challenged the Avatar, but their ideologies. Azula had a great dynamic with her brother, serving as a strong antagonist, but it was because of her tactics and prowess that she gave them trouble. Her motivations in the end seemed to be misguided feelings about her mother/parental neglect. Ozai was the leader of a militant nation and was the symbol of oppression. I liked the personalities and motives of LoK villains better than Avatar's. 

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

I liked LoK villains better because it wasn't their force that challenged the Avatar, but their ideologies. Azula had a great dynamic with her brother, serving as a strong antagonist, but it was because of her tactics and prowess that she gave them trouble. Her motivations in the end seemed to be misguided feelings about her mother/parental neglect. Ozai was the leader of a militant nation and was the symbol of oppression. I liked the personalities and motives of LoK villains better than Avatar's. 

You have a point. Overall I think the execution is better in atla, but the concepts and ideas are better in lok.

ナルサク

#11 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

LOK

ATLA had Azula, the best villain, hands down, Ozai on the other hand is just a typical bad guy, he was a good last boss though in the end he lacked depth

but LOK had a lot of good villains in all seasons, I liked Amon, Vaatu ( gave us background on the story behind the avatar) , Zaheer ( the guy can freaking fly) and Kuvira

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#12 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

LOK

ATLA had Azula, the best villain, hands down, Ozai on the other hand is just a typical bad guy, he was a good last boss though in the end he lacked depth

but LOK had a lot of good villains in all seasons, I liked Amon, Vaatu ( gave us background on the story behind the avatar) , Zaheer ( the guy can freaking fly) and Kuvira

That isn't fair. LOK gave us more villains, because each season is planned seperately. Of course there are more alternatives.

Long Feng, S1 Zuko, Hama, to name a few, were decent villains in ATLA.

ナルサク

#13 It's Deidara Hm

It's Deidara Hm

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:My ships better sail

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

Korra does have a variety of villans with a different motive for each season, but I think the ATLA villans were more developed

4d1ad0db251e88852e66f358afc86cde.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users