Close
Photo

Did you expect NH and SS to happen before the ending came out?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

I expected it AT FIRST because it was popular until the CPR scene came out which took out almost a full panel. Shocked me and made me reconsider Kishimoto's motivations.
Then there was a scene where Naruto jumped immediately to Sakura's side asking "are you OK Sakura-chan?!" In a really concerned manner while Sakura notes "Sasuke doesn't care"

It was like she's learning that Sasuke isn't really as great as Naruto and all this occured during were the final chapters. I had expected the popular ending but Kishi switched my opinion and then it turns out my initial prediction was right; when ch700 was released, out I did not expect that! Shocking. I think it surprised ALL manga readers that had a semblance of common sense in regards to reading comprehension. Uhh...anyway

Did anyone actually expect a NaruSaku ending the week before it came out?
I did, oops

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

No I didn't expect it to happen. I admit 615 had me concerned but 631 gave me hope.

I edited it because I didn't read it right.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 25 October 2015 - 03:17 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:56 AM

Yeah because anything is possible and the author could screw it up anytime during the Manga which unfortunately happened. With 615 Hinata was close with Neji but honestly Rock Lee should have been there because he had a stronger bond with Neji. I always thought it was a litthe forced to put her there but I let it slide because they were family and did develop a bond.

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, like the two above, with 615, I felt that was the peak of her development that she could get while. Sakura just kept regressing in each subsequent chapter.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

Nah not really. I fully expected NS. allt he development was towards it, all the chapters, all the parallels. the entire story simply pointed in that conclusion. Sadly the author gave up on his story and characters and the end result was what we got.

But until that poont Sakura was grwoing. the manga chapter called the true ending is where the story really ends for me. Thats where Sakura and Karin are shown crying over Naruto and Sasuke. those are the true pairings of the manga.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#6 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

Nah not really. I fully expected NS. allt he development was towards it, all the chapters, all the parallels. the entire story simply pointed in that conclusion. Sadly the author gave up on his story and characters and the end result was what we got.

But until that poont Sakura was grwoing. the manga chapter called the true ending is where the story really ends for me. Thats where Sakura and Karin are shown crying over Naruto and Sasuke. those are the true pairings of the manga.

Hold that thought! What if....Kishi really intended on doing that but for reasons we know, he couldn't. So to hint at the what he actually planned, he named the chapter that way?

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#7 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

i expected NS to. for me it ended in chapter 663 after the NS CPR scene.i think some at SP felt the same way, and that would explain the many fillers LOL

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 25 October 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

No. There a reason why their was such an uproar even in japan about the ending. Nothing pointed to toward it at the end or even throughout the story

Hinata had so little to do with anything by the end and Sasuke last interaction with Sakura being an illusion where he stab her in the heart and then talk to kakashi saying "how he never liked her and he doesn't even understand what she likes about him and think she is just living in some fantasy." That last bit seemed to be the final nail in ss coffin to me since how could you have a scene like that and then stick them together without a second thought like it never happen.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

No but I was prepared for the possibility. However I didn't believe that it would come out of left field for no reason at the end. That was a TERRIBLE way to add romance into the story cause they were under developed and Hinata wasn't even important enough to come into the story on a regular basis except for fillers. Again what upset everyone here is not just as NS fans but as fans of this series and storytelling in general. you don't develop a potential couple for 100% of your story then change it at the and just for the effing heck of it. And HOW much character personality and character development was destroyed to make these couples even a thing? how many themes were blown up by nuclear explosions for them to work? I never expected NH and SS to happen cause I didn't foresee  this miserable excuse for a manga artist(story telling wise at least) to throw away his integrity to do what Shueisha thought was popular opinion.    

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 October 2015 - 09:04 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#10 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Hello Ladies and Gents! Temporarily back from the void of RL hardships and responsibilities. Lemme give my contribution to this pretty topic.  :love:

I expected NS because it was what the narrative build up led us to believe. It's not like we were crazy or delusional, in fact, most people who care to be honest will tell you that they were certain the manga would end with NS.

What was really incoherent with the narrative was the epilogue (and not only because it was honestly ugly) but because it went against the previous 699 chapters and we were presented fait accompli with absurd changes that not even the ad hoc movie (which moreover was badly done) managed to justify.

Of course I never watched the anime, so all fillers, changes and poetic licenses SP took up to itself to make are mercifully unknown to me. And I intend to keep things this way. 

But all in all, none of us were crazy or delusional when we thought NS would be endgame, it was the logical conclusion of 15 years of narrative. Too bad logic perished in a nasty Hinata-flavoured explosion in Naruto-land.  :shrug:

(...I feel very academic right now, all serious and objective and stuff  :argh: )

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#11 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

I was open to it, but I did not expect it. 615 was a wasted opportunity for NH. All it showed was that Hinata was very much in love with Naruto and that Naruto didn't feel anything special for Hinata beyond friendship. Then later on we got 631 with the girlfriend comment and overall it felt like Kishi was reaffirming what the true canon pairings were. I'm aware that Kishi later stated that 615 was in fact supposed to bring Naruto and Hinata closer together and that NS was merely a red herring, but that kitten doesn't count because that's not what was shown in the actual story. Show, don't tell.

As for SS, the final chapters basically just showed us why SS wouldn't work. Sasuke even said that he wasn't interested in Sakura at all and that he didn't understand why she was interested in him. That was in 693, seven chapters before the ending. 

If Kishi's intention was to show us that NH and SS would be canon, then he did a pretty poor job.  :zaru:

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#12 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

No, 631 was awful. It further degenerated Sakura into pairing fodder. That's plain fact.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

No, 631 was awful. It further degenerated Sakura into pairing fodder. That's plain fact.

The sign is really that chapter with her admitting she can't do anything and just let the boys do the work. That was actually the nail but not everyone realized that. It's more like "please don't let it be."

Anyway, as for me, I remember thinking it's either NS, open ending, or bust, and we ended up with a bust. I know the story and characters, mainly the main, were getting way out of track and things that seems to be long developed is back in full force but now as a perk than a problem, which is a huge no-no. At the very least, it could have a normal logical ending, but instead, we left wondering why we even made this popular.

#14 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

Hello Ladies and Gents! Temporarily back from the void of RL hardships and responsibilities. Lemme give my contribution to this pretty topic.  :love:

I expected NS because it was what the narrative build up led us to believe. It's not like we were crazy or delusional, in fact, most people who care to be honest will tell you that they were certain the manga would end with NS.

What was really incoherent with the narrative was the epilogue (and not only because it was honestly ugly) but because it went against the previous 699 chapters and we were presented fait accompli with absurd changes that not even the ad hoc movie (which moreover was badly done) managed to justify.

Of course I never watched the anime, so all fillers, changes and poetic licenses SP took up to itself to make are mercifully unknown to me. And I intend to keep things this way. 

But all in all, none of us were crazy or delusional when we thought NS would be endgame, it was the logical conclusion of 15 years of narrative. Too bad logic perished in a nasty Hinata-flavoured explosion in Naruto-land.  :shrug:

(...I feel very academic right now, all serious and objective and stuff  :argh: )

The way you tell a story never lies.

Apparently, Kishi had an argument with his wife that Narusaku was not the endgame and apparently she is very similar to Sakura lol. 

Sakura is a Jonin and Hinata is still a chunin... 

timeline_1424685473_00032.jpg

I have a funny feeling who ended up winning the argument.

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

I've always expected NaruHina to happen. SasuSaku was definitely not ever gonna happen in my eyes. I never actually took NaruSaku seriously... I wasn't that happy about NaruSaku or SasuSaku tbh. I shipped NaruHina/SasuHina. SasuHina led me to consider NaruSaku, and I figured that it was better than SasuSaku so I was cool with it. I found myself having to defend NaruSaku a lot though. So I naturally looked more into NaruSaku. I ended up appreciating how positive of a pairing it is, compared to what people assume. So yeah, that's just how I felt about the pairings in this show throughout...

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#16 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

SP think making a big controversial and booming story will create even more popularity, aiming marketing to the western fans will bring more money.

They say 'We are sitting in a gold mine' and in the end that gold mine turn out to be cheese mine :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#17 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

Oh but remember Kishi kill of Neji so NH could happen, but lets face it Kishi knows nothing about woman.

#18 Nicholas Wolfwood

Nicholas Wolfwood

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

Although I knew that anything was possible, I fully expected NS to happen. Through the majority of part 2 the development and the story was quite nicely done. But when the author is willing to sacrifice the integrity of the story for a “gotcha” ending, whether to force a surprise on the readers at the expense of credibility or to satisfy a particular fanbase, then all bets are off.

The saddest part was that the author himself took characters I had held dear for years and utterly obliterated them in a clumsy and heavy handed attempt to create an unexpected ending. Mission accomplished, but this is a textbook example of winning a battle but losing the war. For me, Naruto is the poster child for failed manga.

As a result, I have zero interest in reading anything else Kishi writes. He made me no longer care for characters I used to love; why would I possibly care about their continuing story or their progeny? The recent character description of Sakura saying that she was born an elite ninja made me wonder if Kishi has even read his own manga. The disparity between what was originally written and how it’s being reinterpreted and retconned is truly embarrassing and outright laughable.

The bright side is that I’ve found a number of other manga that I enjoy very much, but I’ll always bear in mind that at any moment the author may Kishi the hell out of the story for the sake of a cheap ploy. It’ll keep me from becoming too emotionally invested. Once burned; twice learned, as they say.

#19 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:12 AM

I've said in one of my rants that it was a possibility however there was nothing in the entire story to support that. And I'll stick with that because it's the truth, it's a fact. There's nothing in this story (before the ending of course and ironically not even in the ending) to support the end pairings or anything about the ending for that matter. Anyone who says otherwise is just wearing their pairing goggles.

In order for the ending to be the way they wanted, they literally had to tell a different story that rewrote the previous one. Canceling it out. Ignoring it. And in that process treating the people who read it or watched it, like idiots.

It doesn't matter if you followed Naruto because you liked Naruto, or Sakura, or Sasuke, or the story, or you just wanted to pass time, or you were in it for the pairings, or whatever reason, it doesn't really matter.

In the end all of us, were treated like idiots.

Edited by Nostradamus, 26 October 2015 - 03:19 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Exactly even if you read it only for Hinata even.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users