• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

I've too often seen people say that "Naruto isn't about romance" or "Kishimoto's not the romantic type" and stuff

..but that's what gets me a little because, if this isnt really about romance and stuff then..wouldn't it scare you if Kishi just ultimately pairs up sasusaku and naruhina? since it doesn't really focus on romance? sorta knowing that he might just randomly pair people..because he may feel it's "fair"? just so the characters could end up with somebody?

I mean who knows...he is a professional troller :/

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#2 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

scaring me? Nowhere near.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

It is quite a scary thought, but in the end I never got into Naruto for the pairings. Yes I ship NaruSaku, done so since I saw them together, but in these types of manga's like Bleach and One Piece romance doesn't really have a factor, it'll be implied every so often. Kishimoto seems to be building up a lot of the pairings in general, the recent SasuSaku moment was pretty cute in my opinion and I believe that moment had to happen for the sake of team 7. I'm really going off the rail here but I'm sure you'll have nothing to be afraid of. NaruSaku is pretty much end game anyway.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

I've too often seen people say that "Naruto isn't about romance" or "Kishimoto's not the romantic type" and stuff

..but that's what gets me a little because, if this isnt really about romance and stuff then..wouldn't it scare you if Kishi just ultimately pairs up sasusaku and naruhina? since it doesn't really focus on romance? sorta knowing that he might just randomly pair people..because he may feel it's "fair"? just so the characters could end up with somebody?

I mean who knows...he is a professional troller :/

We got too much giveaways for NS. The path is set by their developments, hints, parallels, and the theme. It's set and waiting to see how does it end.

#5 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

He made romance a definite part of his story with all the crushes in it and all the focus they get. He's put himself into a position where if he does just randomly pair people up, it won't work because Naruto is in some way about romance.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#6 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

I'm definitely not scared. I have confidence that Narusaku will happen. What would of been the point of everythings that happened so far? The hug, the confession, Naruto saving Sakura from Sasuke, the numerous parallels, and the CPR. If Kishi had wanted any other pairing to happen, he wouldn't have put so many hints into this one relationship. We just have to keep faith in our pairing :D
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

With all the drama going on with the pairings, love triangle etc I don't think so.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Well.. :lulz:

If you're not into the romance part, it kinda makes sense to ship the pairings with the least paneltime/development, while denying the one that actually has been focused on.

ナルサク

#9 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

In the case of NaruHina... yes, it did scare me. But even though he could just make "everyone" happy with SS/NH.. that wouldn't make any sense. Because 1) It would be disregarding Naruto's feelings completely. 2) Kishi is perfectly fine with Sakura being the heroine. and 3) Hinata doesn't really serve such a strong purpose to the show.

If NaruSaku happened, it would also make a lot of people happy all the way over in Japan, and it would fit in with the whole hero x heroine thing. If NaruSaku didn't happen, Kishi wouldn't have spent all his time building up Naruto's and Sakura's relationship on both sides, in terms of friendship, as well as romance. He wouldn't have paralleled NaruSaku to MinaKushi that many times either.

There's always the possibility that NaruHina could just randomly happen, but Kishi has a tendency to build up relationships, if they were gonna be significant to the story. Something that NaruHina doesn't have. Something that Toriyama didn't bother doing either.

Naruto and Hinata could very well just be friends, and Sasuke and Sakura could very well just be comrades. It would be very out of character for Sasuke to be romantically loving, and Naruto to be unoblivious to Hinata. If NaruSaku happened it wouldn't be out of character, because Naruto and Sakura already have feelings for each other. Hinata would be happy, and Sasuke wouldn't care. You see?

But that's just how I see it. If Kishi decides to randomly add NH/SS, then well... he's lost it xD

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#10 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

I'm afraid because Kishi could be influenced by his fans. I'm worried if the shipping popularity would effect Kishi's decisions. NH/SS are the most popular so he might make them canon so everyone would be happy.

Edited by Sakura~, 18 July 2014 - 01:55 AM.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#11 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

I'm afraid because Kishi could be influenced by his fans. I'm worried if the shipping popularity would effect Kishi's decisions. NH/SS are the most popular so he might make them canon so everyone would be happy.

Not in Japan they're not.

As for the OP's question:

Kishi is going to make a pair canon, he said himself that he likes writing about romance, and the romance subplot in Naruto is arguably not even a subplot at all it all revolves around the Team 7 dynamic and on top of that like I said before he confirmed that Naruto will have a son by the end unless he's into adopting I'm betting its safe to assume he ends up with someone. That and Kishi said that the story would end "conclusively" it can't end that way with an open-ending. On top of that Kishi loves NS to the point where he talks about it in the databooks, in interviews, and practically revolved the RTN movie around it (as well as that Blood Prison novel that supposedly has a ton of NS moments in it as well)

Edited by Pepsi, 18 July 2014 - 02:00 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#12 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

Not in Japan they're not.

As for the OP's question:

Kishi is going to make a pair canon, he said himself that he likes writing about romance, and the romance subplot in Naruto is arguably not even a subplot at all it all revolves around the Team 7 dynamic and on top of that like I said before he confirmed that Naruto will have a son by the end unless he's into adopting I'm betting its safe to assume he ends up with someone.

SS is very popular in Japan.

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#13 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Not as popular as NS.

eh10ut.jpg

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

NH isn't popular.

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Not as popular as NS.

Is there a source for this? I always hear it, and see it here and there, but is this really true?

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

#16 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

Is there a source for this? I always hear it, and see it here and there, but is this really true?

http://tkghoul-narus...Japan-392347121

eh10ut.jpg

#17 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:20 AM

Oh thanks ^^

#18 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

If he just randomly paired them together, I'd be angry. He would be the biggest troll if he did that. In order for a pairing to make sense, it needs development. That's exactly what NaruSaku has. We all know that Kishimoto is a troll. But if he ever pulled a SS or NH ending on us, it'd just make no sense.

#19 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

That doesn't mean it's more popular. Many people search "Naruto and Sakura" and just want to see the two of them as friends and teammates. If you search "Naruto x Sakura" however, you limit the results to romance.

ナルサク

#20 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Its nothing really, storywise there are a lot to say for NS, otherwise well its just fans being too, outlandish.

Nothing is really an issue.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: narusaku, whatif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users