Close
Photo

Quick Question! (DBZ Reference + Couple Comparisons)

NaruSaku GokuChichi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Well I just finished having a NS vs NH discussion with a NH fan and they were bashing me and brought up dbz and the way the couples were paired, because Goku was not paired with Bulma, and Bulma was the heroine of the series and also because this person states there has been dbz references in Naruto and that Kishimoto was inspired by dbz, and he also said that there were some dbz characters that are similar to some of the Naruto characters, so I'm thinking that this person thinks:

Chichi= Hinata

Naruto= Goku

Vegeta= Sasuke

Bulma = Sakura

My question is, do you guys think that Kishi will really end the series the way dbz was ended, with NaruHina and SasuSaku? Just because in dbz they were paired almost like a Shojo manga

And Who do you think has more in common with Chichi? Sakura or Hinata?

Edited by TsukiChan ♥, 25 May 2014 - 05:49 PM.

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#2 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

I really think we should not consider DBZ pairings. Clearly, Goku and Bulma had the most development and yet he ended up with Chichi. Now Vegeta and Bulma didn't even have development and still they ended up together. If that's the point the NH or SS are trying to make, I must say they are wrong. Kishi was indeed inspired by DBZ but that does not mean he'll create everything like DBZ.

Chichi corresponds to Hinata! Oh well, the opposing fandoms do need to remove their pairing goggles and 'look' and 'think' and 'understand' things logically. Hinata can't even talk to Naruto, let even boss her around. Chichi could boss over Goku and she was partly a Tsundere. I can see no reason as to why Hinata is tagged as a tsundere.

In the worst case scenario, I wish Sakura ends up with no one instead of her being ending up with Sasuke. She clearly does not deserve to be treated like that and she deserves to be loved. If she's not gonna end up with Naruto, so be it, but I'll pray that she does not end up with Sasuke. Its better she ends up being friends with Naruto who will always keep her happy and will not let that cute smile of hers vanish within her tears than she ending up with Sasuke who breaks her heart, herself and her emotions everytime. This along with her ending up with Sasuke would give me a pretty bad heartache, honestly.

Edited by narusaku256, 25 May 2014 - 06:16 PM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#3 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

I always thought it was hilarious that Goku and Chi-Chi getting together was simply due to a misunderstanding and Goku ended up marrying her because he felt bad about it

Vegeta and Bulma never really got into a relationship atleast not according to Trunks its pretty clear that they both got together because they were horny at the time (Trunks was essentially a mistake when you think it about it) Bulma liked Vegeta because he was the real life prince she was looking for in the beginning of the series as Vegeta liked Bulma because....well she was an attractive earth woman who would put out.

eh10ut.jpg

#4 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

I take it that the person you had this talk with was called Koshej. Here is a word of advise, pay no attention to him as all he does is go on and on about Hinata heck he even said that he hates Naruto. 

#5 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

You also have to understand several facts:

- Toriyama dislikes to write romance. When he was writing Dr. Slump, his editor pressed him for making several couples canon, so he got them together with minimal to zero development to get it out of the way as soon as possible. Later, when he was starting writing Dragon Ball, his editor also pressed him to get Goku and Bulma together, but Toriyama did not want.

- Toriyama paired Bulma and Vegeta up because he was deliberately trying to piss his fans off. He was sick of writing Dragon Ball so he was trying to get his fans dropping the series.

- Other than hair colour, Hinata and Chi Chi have nothing in common. When Goku "tested" Chi Chi's sex, she slammed him against a mountain and proposed him. Hinata barely is able to talk to Naruto. Sakura and Bulma are not similar either. And Sasuke and Vegeta? When Vegeta heard Freezer was the one obliterated Namek, he told he did not care not a bit for the deaths of his family and friends.

- Kishimoto being influenced by DB and borrowing some elements does not mean he will copy EVERYTHING from those series. He also is influenced by Akira, Fist of North Star, Touch...

Edit: I wrote "kira" when I meant "Akira".

Edited by Jenskott, 26 May 2014 - 01:07 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#6 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

kishi is inspired by dbz and many others. i wouldn't give much thought into this flawed argument about parallels.. i thought they despise that sort of argument the most? :twitch: it's funny to bring in other mangas when they don't accept 631 in this very manga.

source Naruto The Official Fanbook page 199

Q: Did Sasuke and Sakura come after that?
Kishimoto: Yes, I started to write the manga without Sasuke, but the story wasn't going anywhere. I thought , if I don't do something the story will be over in ten weeks! {laughs} When I talked to my editor, he suggested I give Naruto a rival. That person became Sasuke. Then I decided I needed a heroine, and created Sakura. Suddenly it became a lot easier to figure out what should happen next! Pit the main character against his rival, and both of them start to develop. Like Goku and Kuririn do in Dragon Ball. I wanted the main character to be human like Kuririn, because character flaws make it easier to write the story. Slam Dunk was also terrific because of the rivalry between the main characters.

x Kishimoto cites Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball series as one of his influences, noting that Goku, the protagonist of Dragon Ball, was a key factor when creating Naruto Uzumaki due to his energetic and mischievous personality.[39]When redesigning three characters for the series, Kishimoto cites The Matrix, one of his favorite movies, as an inspiration for such outfits.[40] He has also cited Yoshihiro Togashi as one of his favorite manga authors,[41] while the manga Sasuke by Sanpei Shirato, a series which Kishimoto likes, inspired Kishimoto in the development of the character Sasuke Uchiha

Edited by Hanabi, 25 May 2014 - 06:40 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#7 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

- Toriyama dislikes to write romance. When he was writing Dr. Slump, his editor pressed him for making several couples canon, so he got them together with minimal to zero development to get it out of the way as soon as possible. Later, when he was starting writing Dragon Ball, his editor also pressed him to get Goku and Bulma together, but Toriyama did not want.

- Toriyama paired Bulma and Vegeta up because he was deliberately trying to piss his fans off. He was sick of writing Dragon Ball so he was trying to get his fans dropping the series.

- Other than hair colour, Hinata and Chi Chi have nothing in common. When Goku "tested" Chi Chi's sex, she slammed him against a mountain and proposed him. Hinata barely is able to talk to Naruto. Sakura and Bulma are not similar either. And Sasuke and Vegeta? When Vegeta heard Freezer was the one obliterated Namek, he told he did not care not a bit for the deaths of his family and friends.

- Kishimoto being influenced by DB and borrowing some elements does not mean he will copy EVERYTHING from those series. He also is influenced by kira, Fist of North Star, Touch... 

Fans tend to gloss over these important details you just listed so it can fit their pair. They'd rather look at insignificant stances of a character like main character shares minor traits with other main character. The specifics ruins everything.

imo the romance in dbz sucked anyway.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#8 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Using DBZ as an argument to compare the pairings in Naruto is one I find downright ridiculous. For one, Toriyama clearly did not care about writing romance, and for another Chi Chi is nothing like Hinata and Bulma is nothing like Sakura -- other than the fact that they are both tsunderes -- nor did Bulma ever have any kind of romantic development with Goku. Dragonball may have been one of Kishimoto's inspirations, but it was not his only influence and I doubt he intends to use it as a model for his romance subplot.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 25 May 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

I don't see Hinata as Chi Chi, and I don't see Sasuke as Vegeta. (I see Sasuke more like Piccolo)

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I don't see Hinata as Chi Chi, and I don't see Sasuke as Vegeta. (I see Sasuke more like Piccolo)

But, but Sasuke is no where near as awesome as Piccolo. Not even near Vegeta.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

But, but Sasuke is no where near as awesome as Piccolo. Not even near Vegeta.

both are a 100 times better than Sasuke a Dalek is better than him.

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

It's worth mentioning that Akira said it again that he is terrible at romance and just skips it with little-to-no developments. Take it old school Disney level.

#13 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Sorry, but my NaruSaku ship will sail smoothly without using other manga as a reference.

At the end of the day, no matter how we put it, DBZ and Naruto are two separate mangas.

Its cool and all to see similarities of different mangas to Naruto but using it as evidence to prove something is meaningless for me.

Excuse me if i'm being off topic or if i'm not making any sense to you guys.

I just can't get myself to compare the pairings of DBZ and Naruto. Sure we can do that for giggles and stuff, but what else can that do anyway? I just don't see the need for it. So what if Kishi is inspired by Toriyama? Let's say you are a mangaka, and you are inspired by Kishimoto, are you just going to replicate his work and ideas? won't you have your OWN? won't you have your own version of things? Something like, "i really loved his work but if it were me i would've put it this way..." sort of thing.

Anyway, IMO NaruSaku already fits the concept Kishimoto had established so far. No need to alter or do a 360 degrees change of heart just to make it happen.

If a "pairing" needs to include other peoples' work to make it look plausible, then that seems sad.

#14 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Tsuki-chan@ you have repeated post 6 times in a row please edit all those posts into one.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#15 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yeah!! it was him :o he's so annoying :( and desperate to prove that Naruhina is gonna happen, to the point of where he'll bash Sakura and try and twist anything around to make it seem like so, and did he really say that? wow

Yeah he said it on his own page that he hates Naruto and only wants Hinata happy, many NH fans are like that they don't really care for Naruto but they do want to see Hinata happy. So in that case they are not NH fans they are just Hinata fans.

#16 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I really think we should not consider DBZ pairings. Clearly, Goku and Bulma had the most development and yet he ended up with Chichi. Now Vegeta and Bulma didn't even have development and still they ended up together. If that's the point the NH or SS are trying to make, I must say they are wrong. Kishi was indeed inspired by DBZ but that does not mean he'll create everything like DBZ.

Chichi corresponds to Hinata! Oh well, the opposing fandoms do need to remove their pairing goggles and 'look' and 'think' and 'understand' things logically. Hinata can't even talk to Naruto, let even boss her around. Chichi could boss over Goku and she was partly a Tsundere. I can see no reason as to why Hinata is tagged as a tsundere.

In the worst case scenario, I wish Sakura ends up with no one instead of her being ending up with Sasuke. She clearly does not deserve to be treated like that and she deserves to be loved. If she's not gonna end up with Naruto, so be it, but I'll pray that she does not end up with Sasuke. Its better she ends up being friends with Naruto who will always keep her happy and will not let that cute smile of hers vanish within her tears than she ending up with Sasuke who breaks her heart, herself and her emotions everytime. This along with her ending up with Sasuke would give me a pretty bad heartache, honestly.

I thought the same thing too :/ Like why bring up DBZ, which is a different manga, to compare to Naruto, that's way different? Same thing with the Chichi-Hinata thing, I don't see the resemblance, just the hair, and she really does not deserve to be with Sasuke, Sasuke's never shown that he has any romantic feelings toward Sakura, that's common sense to anybody

I always thought it was hilarious that Goku and Chi-Chi getting together was simply due to a misunderstanding and Goku ended up marrying her because he felt bad about it

Vegeta and Bulma never really got into a relationship atleast not according to Trunks its pretty clear that they both got together because they were horny at the time (Trunks was essentially a mistake when you think it about it) Bulma liked Vegeta because he was the real life prince she was looking for in the beginning of the series as Vegeta liked Bulma because....well she was an attractive earth woman who would put out.

same here :') lolll

I take it that the person you had this talk with was called Koshej. Here is a word of advise, pay no attention to him as all he does is go on and on about Hinata heck he even said that he hates Naruto. 

Yeah!! it was him :o he's so annoying :( and desperate to prove that Naruhina is gonna happen, to the point of where he'll bash Sakura and try and twist anything around to make it seem like so, and did he really say that? wow

- Kishimoto being influenced by DB and borrowing some elements does not mean he will copy EVERYTHING from those series. He also is influenced by Akira, Fist of North Star, Touch...

Edit: I wrote "kira" when I meant "Akira".

Well thanks for these helpful facts, cause I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know the creator of dbz didn't like romance xD wow

kishi is inspired by dbz and many others. i wouldn't give much thought into this flawed argument about parallels.. i thought they despise that sort of argument the most? :twitch: it's funny to bring in other mangas when they don't accept 631 in this very manga.

x Kishimoto cites Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball series as one of his influences, noting that Goku, the protagonist of Dragon Ball, was a key factor when creating Naruto Uzumaki due to his energetic and mischievous personality.[39]When redesigning three characters for the series, Kishimoto cites The Matrix, one of his favorite movies, as an inspiration for such outfits.[40] He has also cited Yoshihiro Togashi as one of his favorite manga authors,[41] while the manga Sasuke by Sanpei Shirato, a series which Kishimoto likes, inspired Kishimoto in the development of the character Sasuke Uchiha

Cool :) well that's a relief

Sorry, but my NaruSaku ship will sail smoothly without using other manga as a reference.

At the end of the day, no matter how we put it, DBZ and Naruto are two separate mangas.

Its cool and all to see similarities of different mangas to Naruto but using it as evidence to prove something is meaningless for me.

Excuse me if i'm being off topic or if i'm not making any sense to you guys.

I just can't get myself to compare the pairings of DBZ and Naruto. Sure we can do that for giggles and stuff, but what else can that do anyway? I just don't see the need for it. So what if Kishi is inspired by Toriyama? Let's say you are a mangaka, and you are inspired by Kishimoto, are you just going to replicate his work and ideas? won't you have your OWN? won't you have your own version of things? Something like, "i really loved his work but if it were me i would've put it this way..." sort of thing.

Anyway, IMO NaruSaku already fits the concept Kishimoto had established so far. No need to alter or do a 360 degrees change of heart just to make it happen.

If a "pairing" needs to include other peoples' work to make it look plausible, then that seems sad.

This make sooooo much sense :D

They're all edited into 1 now :)

#17 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Tsuki-chan@ you have repeated post 6 times in a row please edit all those posts into one.

Done ^_^

#18 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Yeah he said it on his own page that he hates Naruto and only wants Hinata happy, many NH fans are like that they don't really care for Naruto but they do want to see Hinata happy. So in that case they are not NH fans they are just Hinata fans.

Im starting to noice that :/ they really don't make sense, and will go through drastic measures with any little thing for such an exagerrated character

#19 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Im starting to noice that :/ they really don't make sense, and will go through drastic measures with any little thing for such an exagerrated character

This is just the beginning XD. If Kishi shows us Hinata's dream, god forbid us until the original confession time comes. We as NS fans are gonna have a really tough time. Not because of the dream, but because of the fans!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#20 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Well I pay no attention to them fans there are NH that are good and kind they are just few in number.

This is just the beginning XD. If Kishi shows us Hinata's dream, god forbid us until the original confession time comes. We as NS fans are gonna have a really tough time. Not because of the dream, but because of the fans!

well I think of it like this anything that we see in Hinata's dream shall not be taken as anything really, I mean it just shows how shallow she is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NaruSaku, GokuChichi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users